“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

#732 Jul 18, 2013
Mister Mysterious wrote:
<quoted text>
How did this turn into a discussion of the next presidential race?
Oh and you are still in error. I'd say go look it up, but judging by most of your bizarre posts, I'd say that ability is beyond your cognitive skills.
Never...post...drunk, old man:

"You're starting to act like some of the other libs on here who just makes stuff up as they go because it sounds good."

Yeah, your opinion is a lot more accurate than posted laws - seems legit. The law states, and I quote:

"To purchase - 18 for long guns, 21 for handguns. To operate a firearm - no age restriction WHEN ACCOMPANIED BY A LICENSED ADULT over the age of 21."

Gun ownership and operation are two entirely different subjects. For example, you can own all the Ferraris you want - no age restriction - however, to drive one you must be at least 16, pass an acredited driver's education class and have a learner's permit.

From the standpoint of a firearm, as long as there is adult supervision, anything is possible.

Lastly, it's probably a good thing you don't want to talk politics - you'd lose.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

#733 Jul 18, 2013
moonshinegrrl420 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why put people down that choose to carry? Why do you have to do that? So you don't carry that is your choice, people that do carry don't feel the need to make despairing comments on your character
I don't put those who choose to carry - responsibly - down in any way, shape or fashion. I've many friends who decide to carry - they're choice.

Not everybody that chooses to form their lives around gun-owning paranoia do not share your beliefs. And...not everyone on Topix that professes to be a "gun-totin' badass" has even come close to picking up a gun.

Stick around and learn something.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

#734 Jul 18, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>I love my long barrel .357 Smith. Plenty of stopping power
Is that the gun you carry around loaded in your back pocket when you show a new listing?

Are all the free ipads gone Charlie?

Since: Aug 08

Kingsport, TN

#735 Jul 18, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't put those who choose to carry - responsibly - down in any way, shape or fashion. I've many friends who decide to carry - they're choice.
Not everybody that chooses to form their lives around gun-owning paranoia do not share your beliefs. And...not everyone on Topix that professes to be a "gun-totin' badass" has even come close to picking up a gun.
Stick around and learn something.
Ok that is what I am trying to do here, you put people down that carry, why if you think people can have these different opinions, beliefs do you feel the need to disparage people who carry?

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#736 Jul 18, 2013
moonshinegrrl420 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok that is what I am trying to do here, you put people down that carry, why if you think people can have these different opinions, beliefs do you feel the need to disparage people who carry?
He just enjoys fights :)
SLACK

United States

#737 Jul 18, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
Never...post...drunk, old man:
"You're starting to act like some of the other libs on here who just makes stuff up as they go because it sounds good."
Yeah, your opinion is a lot more accurate than posted laws - seems legit. The law states, and I quote:
"To purchase - 18 for long guns, 21 for handguns. To operate a firearm - no age restriction WHEN ACCOMPANIED BY A LICENSED ADULT over the age of 21."
Gun ownership and operation are two entirely different subjects. For example, you can own all the Ferraris you want - no age restriction - however, to drive one you must be at least 16, pass an acredited driver's education class and have a learner's permit.
From the standpoint of a firearm, as long as there is adult supervision, anything is possible.
Lastly, it's probably a good thing you don't want to talk politics - you'd lose.
pie?

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

#738 Jul 18, 2013
moonshinegrrl420 wrote:
<quoted text>
To tell the truth, I don't think you actually know what you're doing here.

US military personnel carry firearms - I don't disparage them.

Police carry firearms - I don't disparage them.

Justice Department personnel carry firearms - I don't disparage them.

FBI carry firearms - I don't disparage them.

Hunters carry firearms - I don't disparage them.

I think you need to actually read chapter 1 in this book before jumping into chapter 25 and pretend you know what you're talking about.

Kingsport, TN

#739 Jul 18, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
To tell the truth, I don't think you actually know what you're doing here.
US military personnel carry firearms - I don't disparage them.
Police carry firearms - I don't disparage them.
Justice Department personnel carry firearms - I don't disparage them.
FBI carry firearms - I don't disparage them.
Hunters carry firearms - I don't disparage them.
I think you need to actually read chapter 1 in this book before jumping into chapter 25 and pretend you know what you're talking about.
OH it is just some people like in post 725.

Since: Jan 07

Location Shown

#740 Jul 18, 2013
Hoosier Hillbilly wrote:
<quoted text>
Can anyone say sensationalism?
We are all 8 times more likely to be killed, accidentally by a cop than deliberately by a terrorist or George.
Yet this becomes news?
Sensationalism is a type of editorial bias in mass media in which events and topics in news stories and pieces are over-hyped to increase viewership or readership numbers.[1] Sensationalism may include reporting about generally insignificant matters and events that don't influence overall society and biased presentations of newsworthy topics in a sensationalist, trivial or tabloid manner.[2][3]
Some tactics include being deliberately obtuse,[4] appealing to emotions,[5] being controversial, intentionally omitting facts and information,[6] being loud, self-centered and acting to obtain attention.[5] Trivial information and events are sometimes misrepresented and exaggerated as important or significant, and often includes stories about the actions of individuals and small groups of people,[1] the content of which is often insignificant and irrelevant relative to the macro-level day-to-day events that occur globally. Furthermore, the content and subject matter typically doesn't affect the lives of the masses[1] and doesn't affect society, and instead is broadcast and printed to attract viewers and readers.
"&" Obama loves it!
All his problems are covered up by this kind of "Trash Reporting".

We got the bubble-headed-bleach-blonde who
Comes on at five
She can tell you 'bout the plane crash with a gleam
In her eye
It's interesting when people die-

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

#741 Jul 18, 2013
moonshinegrrl420 wrote:
<quoted text>
OH it is just some people like in post 725.
I think it's you that is looking for a fight.

"It's only a debate if one side or another is wrong. It's our opinion.

Years ago, we developed our own games and "playing outside" was the norm. Not a lot of kids nowadays actually want to play outside. Most get their first gun experience in video games - and that is downright scary, IMHO. I always considered myself comfortable around guns - that was up until the time I entered the service. I was taught that your gun is an extension of yourself - hence sleeping with your gun. Heck, I know some brave war veterans that I wouldn't be caught within 15 miles if they were armed. Teaching gun safety is only the tip of the iceberg. And beyond that, using a gun for hunting game and using one to only protect yourself are two entirely different situations. Shooting and actually killing another human being - regardless of what circumstance it may be - affects you for your entire life. Just ask someone that has - they will tell you the same thing.

But as you said - to each their own.

BTW - I am a gun owner; however, I decide not to carry one since I have not reached that level of paranoia yet."

Nowhere in that response was I "disparaging" to gunowners.

Kingsport, TN

#742 Jul 18, 2013
No not looking for a fight, I was asking a question, you said you choose not to carry because you are not paranoid which translates to you people who carry are just paranoid. I wonder why anyone feels the need to qualify their decisions by taking jabs at others instead of just standing by their decision.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

#743 Jul 18, 2013
moonshinegrrl420 wrote:
No not looking for a fight, I was asking a question, you said you choose not to carry because you are not paranoid which translates to you people who carry are just paranoid. I wonder why anyone feels the need to qualify their decisions by taking jabs at others instead of just standing by their decision.
Ok, I'll play...

Why do you carry a gun?

“Will cause trouble when bored”

Level 6

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#744 Jul 18, 2013
Focusing on one word is not a debate. The point of this is not if children are registered gun owners because no matter how you word it kids in the south possess, own, and use gun that are registered to an adult. It's just splitting hairs!

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

#745 Jul 18, 2013
So I can own a gun that's registered to someone else?

Really?

“Will cause trouble when bored”

Level 6

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#746 Jul 18, 2013
Yes if you possess it by defination you own it!
Miami Nice

Miami, FL

#747 Jul 18, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's only a debate if one side or another is wrong. It's our opinion.
Years ago, we developed our own games and "playing outside" was the norm. Not a lot of kids nowadays actually want to play outside. Most get their first gun experience in video games - and that is downright scary, IMHO. I always considered myself comfortable around guns - that was up until the time I entered the service. I was taught that your gun is an extension of yourself - hence sleeping with your gun. Heck, I know some brave war veterans that I wouldn't be caught within 15 miles if they were armed. Teaching gun safety is only the tip of the iceberg. And beyond that, using a gun for hunting game and using one to only protect yourself are two entirely different situations. Shooting and actually killing another human being - regardless of what circumstance it may be - affects you for your entire life. Just ask someone that has - they will tell you the same thing.
But as you said - to each their own.
BTW - I am a gun owner; however, I decide not to carry one since I have not reached that level of paranoia yet.
BTW - I am a gun owner; however, I decide not to carry one since I have not reached that level of paranoia yet.

George Zimmerman apparently reached that level.
Miami Nice

Miami, FL

#748 Jul 18, 2013
SLACK wrote:
<quoted text>pie?
No, SLACK. Don't be so paranoid.

“This is how I see you”

Level 8

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#749 Jul 18, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
So I can own a gun that's registered to someone else?
Really?
One of the first things I did when I moved here was call the Police Dept. and ask how to register my gun. They kind of laughed and said, "we don't register our guns here"!(that was 20 years ago) Two years ago, my dad gave me my moms "registered in Los Angeles", gun and again I called and asked because it was a two party "gun", they said the same thing. I don't know about the rest of the States but here in AZ, we don't have to register and it's a "right to carry" State!

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

#750 Jul 18, 2013
Lylah wrote:
Yes if you possess it by defination you own it!
Ok, let me get this straight...bare with me while I wipe away the tears...

I steal your car.

I'm in possession of your car.

I now own your car.

Seems legit.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

#751 Jul 18, 2013
Miami Nice wrote:
<quoted text>
George Zimmerman apparently reached that level.
Zimmerman and Martin both made life defining choices that night, regardless of who was to blame.

Again - you're on the wrong thread.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ferguson Grand Jury Reaches Decision 1 min Independent1 408
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 5 min FREE SERVANT 127,997
Internal Server Errors 5 min Dr Wu 37
Why are Ferrertsafag and Fageno trolling --Word... 10 min Seriously The Truth 0
What's your tip for the day? 18 min SLY WEST 1,585
Add a Word, Ruin a Movie (Oct '13) 25 min GANNY 3,805
Whatcha' doing? (Apr '12) 30 min mr goodwrench 7,181
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr Yes lts Me 151,186
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 1 hr -Lea- 24,046
An East Texan says he captured something peculi... 4 hr Christian Taliban 4