Level 9

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#653 Jul 13, 2013
Mister_ E wrote:
<quoted text>
M.E. TOO!
night sights are a good thing...:)
...Crimson Trace laser grips suit my needs...

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#654 Jul 13, 2013
Never go anywhere without one! I had rather have one and not need it than to need one and not have it.

“100% Princess”

Level 8

Since: Jan 07

and totally harmless

#655 Jul 14, 2013
If I don't have a weapon nearby, I have Okimar--and that's kind of like the same thing....

BTW, my thoughts on Zimmerman. The system works--like it or not--it works. The evidence was presented, a jury gave it's findings, and he was found not guilty.

Do they sometimes get it wrong? Yes. Is it a perfect system? No, BUT it's a lot better than the system in some other countries.
Level 7

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#656 Jul 14, 2013
yep..
Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#657 Jul 14, 2013
Mister_ E wrote:
<quoted text>
Try to judge justly...you obviously don't care about evidence...The hood rat had been busted for weed at his school and that was the only reason he was in the area...can't you see?
I can see that a man was shot and killed by another man that kept a gun nearby.

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#658 Jul 14, 2013
Hitesrunprincess wrote:
If I don't have a weapon nearby, I have Okimar--and that's kind of like the same thing....
BTW, my thoughts on Zimmerman. The system works--like it or not--it works. The evidence was presented, a jury gave it's findings, and he was found not guilty.
Do they sometimes get it wrong? Yes. Is it a perfect system? No, BUT it's a lot better than the system in some other countries.
I have 3 loaded pistols in the house plus I don't leave the house without a pistol in my back pocket. I hope I never need it. I had two men come in my house in the middle of the night and I was sure glad I had a gun by my bed :)

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#659 Jul 14, 2013
Miami Nice wrote:
Jury finds Zimmerman not guilty.
"A teenager is dead, and he's dead through no fault of his own," de la Rionda said to jurors. "He's dead because another man made an assumption...
..and kept a gun nearby.
and like it or not the state did not prove it's case , and the jury did it's job , no mr. z. will still be tied up in court for years with a wrongful death suit and i bet the phone was smoking last night between obama and holder with O telling holder he had better bring mr. z up on civil rights charges A.S.A.P.!!! so in the end NO ONE will win except maybe obama and holder who will use this to further drive a wedge of hatred ,distrust ,anger between all races that make up AMERICA !
most sane folks in this crime ridden country do keep a firearm close and who can blame them . look at the arrest of the 4 men who beat another man to death in atlanta just for being in the so called wrong place , maybe if he had a firearm on his person maybe he would still be alive today . and yet the biased press says little to nothing about the hundreds of murders this year alone in big cities like chicago ,philly, miami ,memphis ,st. louis , l.a. etc. and most of those killed were folks minding their own business ( very selective reporting by the press ) where is the outrage for these victims and the people who killed them ? and these murders ARE NOT BEING COMMITTED by law abiding firearm owners but by gang thugs who know that even if caught and found guilty they will have an easy life in lock up , perhaps all states need to abolish life in lockup and have the guilty put to death in the same manner in which they killed their victim ?

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#660 Jul 14, 2013
and in keeping with the forum always and everywhere ! yes even in the bathroom. for the record i have never had to pull the trigger but have had to clear leather twice because i felt and believed my family and self were in danger and harm the sight of staring down a cold barrel of my 1911 was enough to stop the thugs on the spot .
Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#661 Jul 14, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>I have 3 loaded pistols in the house plus I don't leave the house without a pistol in my back pocket. I hope I never need it. I had two men come in my house in the middle of the night and I was sure glad I had a gun by my bed :)
"I had two men come in my house in the middle of the night and I was sure glad I had a gun by my bed"

You just presented a frightening scenario..
Either way you look at it...

“100% Princess”

Level 8

Since: Jan 07

and totally harmless

#662 Jul 14, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>I have 3 loaded pistols in the house plus I don't leave the house without a pistol in my back pocket. I hope I never need it. I had two men come in my house in the middle of the night and I was sure glad I had a gun by my bed :)
There are guns all over the house--depending. lol. I, personally, do not carry concealed--Oki does. But yes, I do understand, when I was a mere child bride, we had some unsavory character try to break into our house, Oki was not at home at the time, and I like to believe the sight of a very scared lady holding a .44 pointed at him, caused him to decide to leave and not return.....

Since: Nov 12

Beckley, WV

#663 Jul 14, 2013
no, but have cameras turn-on...:)

“look up and laugh”

Level 9

Since: Jun 08

guess, where

#664 Jul 14, 2013
yes

“The Car”

Level 4

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#665 Jul 14, 2013
Indeed, yes.

“Easy does it... ”

Level 5

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#666 Jul 14, 2013
The wife and I always keep one loaded and close by, in our bedroom. A 9MM on her side, and .45 on my side. As there have been a few break ins in recent years, but not quite as often as in the nearby cities.

It does give me a little piece of mind, knowing that she is armed and can use her firearm proficiently in case of my absence. As I often have to work night shifts.

“LIL Miss Sunshine”

Level 9

Since: Mar 12

We All Need A LiL Sunshine

#667 Jul 14, 2013
oh yes ,357 goes everywhere.armed and knows how to use it..:O)..

“Will cause trouble when bored”

Level 6

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#668 Jul 14, 2013
Oh hel yeah! It's my right!

“Somewhere within...”

Level 4

Since: Jul 13

...the Topix mainframe.

#669 Jul 14, 2013
Daisy Red Ryder carbine. Holds 650 rounds.

Level 6

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#670 Jul 15, 2013
No guns nearby

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 3 min cancerlost 171,604
OFFBEAT.keepAword.DropAword.2011edition (Oct '11) 3 min beatlesinafog 19,128
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 5 min Denny CranesPlace 18,481
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 5 min whatimeisit 29,313
3 Word Advice (Good or Bad) (Dec '14) 7 min Camilla 2,402
Change-one-of-six-letters (Dec '12) 10 min beatlesinafog 5,746
Interesting Quotes (Jun '11) 10 min Phaerae 14,561
Last Word is First Word (no "breast" word please) 15 min beatlesinafog 99
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 19 min Jennifer Renee 12,627
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 20 min Denny CranesPlace 42,053