...for those awol on r+r...

Level 8

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#18625 May 26, 2013

Since: Aug 08

Buffalo, NY

#18626 May 26, 2013
... a few months back a very dear friend passed away from exposure to agent orange ... Jim was a hero and a veterans vet he worked his entire life helping veterans ... below is a story of the Death Vally Marathon ... it is narrated by Martin Sheen ... by his side as he died i gave him my word to push on Jim was working with the Wounded Warrior Program helping vets with PTSD and TBI ... it's long but take the time to watch Chey-yo Jim this is the first Memorial Day he will not be with us ...

... the nights around the campfire were filled with tears and laughter and plenty of B S ... I was able to jump with them but could not run so I drove the support van ... you won't be sorry if you watch this and see some of America's true heroes ... Jim and I continued this for the next four years ...

“The Car”

Level 4

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#18627 May 26, 2013
GMGMIKE wrote:
... a few months back a very dear friend passed away from exposure to agent orange ... Jim was a hero and a veterans vet he worked his entire life helping veterans ... below is a story of the Death Vally Marathon ... it is narrated by Martin Sheen ... by his side as he died i gave him my word to push on Jim was working with the Wounded Warrior Program helping vets with PTSD and TBI ... it's long but take the time to watch Chey-yo Jim this is the first Memorial Day he will not be with us ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =IR9LBv_C_boXX
... the nights around the campfire were filled with tears and laughter and plenty of B S ... I was able to jump with them but could not run so I drove the support van ... you won't be sorry if you watch this and see some of America's true heroes ... Jim and I continued this for the next four years ...
Sir - watching now. Thank you for posting this. I salute you and your friends from afar. I was a peacetime soldier for 8-1/2 years. I could have spent 20 doing what I did and it wouldn't compared to 3 months of what you and your had to endure.

I hoist a drink into the air
and toast the men no longer there
and toast the men who are still here
I could never measure up, I fear.

Thank you sir.

“The Car”

Level 4

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#18628 May 26, 2013
Is that you at 3:43?

Buffalo, NY

#18629 May 26, 2013
... for those who care to watch part 2 of 2 ...

I Am Enzo - The Baker

“Vintage 1949”

Level 9

Since: Feb 12

lightly salted

#18630 May 26, 2013
GMGMIKE wrote:
You Sir, are 100% of the Finest Kind...

“Blue Jean Baby..”

Level 8

Since: Oct 08

LA lady..

#18631 May 26, 2013
GMGMIKE wrote:
Thanks for sharing.
God Bless

Buffalo, NY

#18632 May 26, 2013
... follow up ... some years later Jim,Scott, Gary and myself worked and received a multi-million dollar grant to start the "Bet on a Vet... You Both Win" a program for employers to hire Vietnam Veterans with an agreement that the first year of a veterans pay was half paid thru the grant which put over close to 10,000 veterans to work all over the country into jobs that would lead to careers to be able to work and enjoy this great country they fought for ... unless the employer followed strict guide lines none of the grant was used for minimum wage jobs almost like an apprenticeship program ... thank you for those who watched and to all the veterans past and present HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY ...

and to my friend Jim... Chey-yo... you will be missed ... "Greator love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friend."

Buffalo, NY

#18633 May 26, 2013
... i was once told that a man is judged by the company he keeps ... for me it was more of an honor ...

Buffalo, NY

#18634 May 26, 2013
... well time to wet our whistles ... drinks on the house and get the dancers going ...

... charlie daniels band ... still in saigon ...

Buffalo, NY

#18635 May 26, 2013
... the animals ... we've gotta get outta this place ...

Buffalo, NY

#18636 May 26, 2013
... ccr ... fortunate son ...

&li st=PL6EABFDABB2A3A4D2

“Blue Jean Baby..”

Level 8

Since: Oct 08

LA lady..

#18637 May 26, 2013
GMGMIKE wrote:
... well time to wet our whistles ... drinks on the house and get the dancers going ...
... charlie daniels band ... still in saigon ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =M9jO8B0q0ksXX
Woohoo! Cheers, kind sir!

Kenny Loggins~Footloose
http://youtu.be/M0MSv7YHvk0

Buffalo, NY

#18638 May 26, 2013
... the stones ... paint it black ...

Buffalo, NY

#18639 May 26, 2013
... ozzy ... mama i'm coming home ...

Buffalo, NY

#18640 May 26, 2013
... edwin starr ... war ...

Buffalo, NY

#18641 May 26, 2013
... steppenwolf ... born to be wild ...

Buffalo, NY

#18642 May 26, 2013
... buffalo springfield ... for what it's worth ...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A Five Letter Word (Jan '12) 4 min HashTagME2 3,299
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 11 min _Zoey_ 35,240
News Philadelphia greasing light poles to stop fans ... 12 min andet1987 5
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 14 min HashTagME2 6,988
Stupid things to ponder ... (Feb '08) 14 min liam cul8r 7,729
News Mel Gibson's Remarks In The Spotlight After Arrest (Jul '06) 18 min andet1987 66
I Believe __________________ ....... (Feb '11) 21 min liam cul8r 791
keep a word drop a word (Sep '12) 32 min So_da_lish_us 16,588
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 7 hr Jackie 227,279
***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Jan '10) 7 hr Faerydust 84,569
More from around the web