Man Tries to Rob Store Over Beef Jerky

Aug 24, 2009 Full story: Fox Philadelphia 40

Police said a Cleveland barber became so upset by what he considered bad beef jerky that he returned to the store where he bought it and tried to rob the owner.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“the girls”

Since: Jul 09

raspberry

#1 Aug 24, 2009
Good thing he didn't get one of those microwave burritos...he would have KILLED the owner..
abeetz

West Haven, CT

#2 Aug 24, 2009
Sasquatch!

“Infinitely Interesting”

Since: Jan 09

Kalamazoo, MI

#3 Aug 24, 2009
I think dude was having a bad day to begin with... Ever just want to rage out on some one or something cause it was your last straw??? That's what this sounds like! hehehe, burritos... good one.

Since: Aug 09

United States

#4 Aug 24, 2009
warmnfuzzyguy wrote:
Good thing he didn't get one of those microwave burritos...he would have KILLED the owner..
Heaven forbid if he went in for milk and they were out. Might have become a spree!

“The Buybull is innerrrent.”

Since: Jun 08

Walnutport, PA

#5 Aug 24, 2009
What exactly would differentiate bad from good beef jerky? And get the SPCA involved for this guy giving beef jerky to his dog.

“the girls”

Since: Jul 09

raspberry

#6 Aug 24, 2009
Schnozzy wrote:
I think dude was having a bad day to begin with... Ever just want to rage out on some one or something cause it was your last straw??? That's what this sounds like! hehehe, burritos... good one.
How dune, Schnoz? I hear the weather in your neighborhood has been a bit strange this year...got a friend out that way..
MSE

Mount Vernon, OH

#7 Aug 24, 2009
Man this guy forgot to go to his anger managment meeting. I'd hate to be out when he gets road rage.But I guess he thought because the owner sold him poison jerky that made him and his dog sick he could then get revenge by robbing the store....sounds rational....yeah right.

“Infinitely Interesting”

Since: Jan 09

Kalamazoo, MI

#8 Aug 24, 2009
warmnfuzzyguy wrote:
<quoted text>How dune, Schnoz? I hear the weather in your neighborhood has been a bit strange this year...got a friend out that way..
try chilly, cold, and cool.. No summer for anything... That's hard cause I am originally from Tulsa OK. Bring the heat... Come on Indian summer! How are you?

“the girls”

Since: Jul 09

raspberry

#9 Aug 24, 2009
Schnozzy wrote:
<quoted text>
try chilly, cold, and cool.. No summer for anything... That's hard cause I am originally from Tulsa OK. Bring the heat... Come on Indian summer! How are you?
Gud! Maria is from Missouri and has a similar prob with NY weather. Days where I'm in shorts and a tee, she's looking for long sleeves and a light sweater...

“Is this a vork?”

Level 5

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#10 Aug 24, 2009
He was just having a bad hair day!
Jason Lee

Mount Prospect, IL

#12 Aug 24, 2009
Why didn't the barber realize that buying beef jerky is an inherently risky proposal? I thought everyone knew that.

Level 1

Since: Aug 09

Holly Hill, SC

#13 Aug 24, 2009
Hmmm .Something is missing form this story . Either they are rivaling neighbors or gay lovers .
DILF

Medford, NY

#14 Aug 24, 2009
writewingproxycontin wrote:
What exactly would differentiate bad from good beef jerky? And get the SPCA involved for this guy giving beef jerky to his dog.
Good point......flies won't even land on either.
DILF

Medford, NY

#15 Aug 24, 2009
You can usually tell bad beef jerky by inspecting the plastic cover......If anywhere on the plastic cover it reads "beef jerky", it's bad.
Father Flanagan

Mount Prospect, IL

#16 Aug 24, 2009
Agreed.

There's no such thing as a bad boy.

And there's no such thing as good beef jerky.

“The Buybull is innerrrent.”

Since: Jun 08

Walnutport, PA

#17 Aug 24, 2009
DILF wrote:
You can usually tell bad beef jerky by inspecting the plastic cover......If anywhere on the plastic cover it reads "beef jerky", it's bad.
Hey! You're assuming beef jerky connoisseurs can read. Don't do that.
MSE

Mount Vernon, OH

#18 Aug 24, 2009
DILF wrote:
You can usually tell bad beef jerky by inspecting the plastic cover......If anywhere on the plastic cover it reads "beef jerky", it's bad.
What about turkey jerky??? Kind of sounds like a crazy dance.

Since: Mar 09

Fort Lauderdale

#19 Aug 24, 2009
maybe that was the only food he had for his kids n it taste like crap the kids are crying and hungry. id prob do the same thing.
ppl are hungry, broke, and scared. thats to you zombies that voted for that 1/2 cracker in the white house
Jason Lee

Mount Prospect, IL

#20 Aug 24, 2009
JennyJen40 wrote:
maybe that was the only food he had for his kids n it taste like crap the kids are crying and hungry. id prob do the same thing.
ppl are hungry, broke, and scared. thats to you zombies that voted for that 1/2 cracker in the white house
If you bothered to read the article you'd know he didn't share it with his kids but with his dog.

And Beef Jerky's pretty fancy eatin' for a pooch.
DILF

Medford, NY

#21 Aug 25, 2009
If it werent for Beef Jerky, what would all the WWE wrestling fans eat? They have to survive somehow you know.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 4 min anonymous 120,651
tell me one word to describe yourself (Jun '09) 5 min UnderstandPeople 15,444
Only Three Word (Nov '09) 14 min Crazy Jae 11,563
Chain Link Game! (Apr '12) 14 min Judy 123 6,270
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 17 min Judy 123 54,823
a-z of music (Mar '08) 19 min Zwiebel 20,726
Word Association (Mar '10) 23 min Zwiebel 16,102
True or False Game 27 min Brandiiiiiiii 346
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 46 min Wolftracks 148,907
Ebola in America 2 hr Cracker Jacks 481
Puppy-sized spider spotted in South America 3 hr Sally Brown 22
During Obama's Speech at Democratic Campaign Ra... 4 hr SLY WEST 1

Weird People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE