Only cowards need guns

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#1894 Jan 27, 2013
REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
<quoted text>I already took that analogy to its logical conclusion. The 1st Amendment guarantees freedom of speech. The Supreme Court has written opinions that the freedom of speech includes the written word. However, since the founding fathers only had quill pens, ink and paper, then by logical extension of your argument, we need to ban/regulate the use of any medium beyond quill and ink. So, no more telegraph, telephone, television, movie camera, computers, mimeograph machines, automated printing presses, copier machines etc.
Of course, that is absurd in the extreme, just like the specious argument that the founding fathers only meant arms to mean flintlocks, not modern arms.
I like it just as much the second time around!

“ASPIRE 2 INSPIRE B4 U EXPIRE”

Level 8

Since: Jul 08

USA

#1895 Jan 27, 2013
Tally will like this one, he is a fellow shark, I mean lawyer.

http://www.cato.org/pubs/pas/pa-284es.html
Fighting Back:
Crime, Self-Defense, and the Right to Carry a Handgun

by Jeffrey R. Snyder

Location hidden

#1896 Jan 27, 2013
Ferrerman wrote:
OH! Just because it doesn't say something doesn't mean that it doesn't say something.

You're still on that pot forum, aren't you, Cheech?
Hypocrite much? WOW! And so soon after a post from you trying the same damn thing!
You are too damn funny!

Level 8

USA

#1897 Jan 27, 2013
Another one for the judge

Political arguments of gun politics in the United States
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_argume...

Location hidden

#1898 Jan 27, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>What do you think "necessary to the security of a free state" means?
THANK YOU !

Level 8

USA

#1899 Jan 27, 2013
There is even some lawyers and founding fathers in here.

Quotes on the Right to Bear Arms
http://www.catb.org/esr/fortunes/rkba.html

Level 8

USA

#1900 Jan 27, 2013
Some more lawyers, Supreme Court Justices, founding fathers and other.

http://www.quotations.com/gun_control.htm
GUN CONTROL
210 Carefully Selected Quotations Divided into 8 Sections.

Level 8

USA

#1901 Jan 27, 2013
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
YES
that would be meanderings btw , yes if I were you... I would get an accredited source not a blogger ..
maundering present participle of maun┬Ěder (Verb)
Verb

Talk in a rambling manner.
Move or act in a dreamy or idle manner

And what "accredited" source would that be judge, one that only agrees with you I suppose.
I would think you would accept his creds, after all, he is one of your brothers, a fellow lawyer.

Location hidden

#1902 Jan 27, 2013
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>YES

that would be meanderings btw , yes if I were you... I would get an accredited source not a blogger ..
Gee, that request never works for me when I make it to progressives.
Guess its just that pesky double standard rearing its ugly head again.

Level 7

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#1903 Jan 27, 2013
Korny Kat wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah I don't blame you for being offended by the "liberal" label.
You don't even know what an "assault rifle" is do you? Tell me, what do YOU think is an "assault rifle"?
Without googling it, how would YOU pick out which one was the assault rifle from a long line of rifles?
Actually, you've likely seen me ask several times, for a definative description of what constitutes an, assualt rifle....just have yet to see anyone step up and answer it....i have a visual of what they are, and i am also waiting for a truthful answer, as to why they should'nt be banned?

Level 8

USA

#1904 Jan 27, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, you've likely seen me ask several times, for a definative description of what constitutes an, assualt rifle....just have yet to see anyone step up and answer it....i have a visual of what they are, and i am also waiting for a truthful answer, as to why they should'nt be banned?
They should not be banned because the 2nd Amendment says
SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED
Is that plain enough. If you don't want one, fine, don't buy one, but don't deny me my 2nd Amendment rights to own one if I choose to do so.

“My posts are MUCH better”

Level 3

Since: Jul 12

than your posts!

#1905 Jan 27, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, you've likely seen me ask several times, for a definative description of what constitutes an, assualt rifle....just have yet to see anyone step up and answer it....i have a visual of what they are, and i am also waiting for a truthful answer, as to why they should'nt be banned?
You don't know what they are but yet you want them banned?

Guffaw!

Level 3

than your posts!

#1906 Jan 27, 2013
REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
<quoted text>
SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED
Is that plain enough. If you don't want one, fine, don't buy one, but don't deny me my 2nd Amendment rights to own one if I choose to do so.
No it's not plain enough. The noodle-head wants to ban something he can not even define the parameters of.

Level 3

than your posts!

#1907 Jan 27, 2013
He gots a "visual" pa!

hee hee hee hee!

Level 7

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#1908 Jan 27, 2013
REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
<quoted text>
SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED
So what?.....Moses did'nt bring that down from the mount.....

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#1909 Jan 27, 2013
So, I guess if you're NOT pizzed at your party coming in second place in an election (AGAIN!) you don't HAVE to revolt but, the founders made it crystal clear that you CAN by stating:

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed"

Because ANY idiot can get that out of THAT!

“Free beer tomorrow ....”

Level 5

Since: May 10

You'll find me!

#1910 Jan 27, 2013
Ferrerman wrote:
So, I guess if you're NOT pizzed at your party coming in second place in an election (AGAIN!) you don't HAVE to revolt but, the founders made it crystal clear that you CAN by stating:
"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed"
Because ANY idiot can get that out of THAT!
Only cowards sign out to hurl insults .... that would be you.
*wah*

Level 8

USA

#1911 Jan 27, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>So what?.....Moses did'nt bring that down from the mount.....
No, Moses didn't, but our founding fathers did and our patriots through out our history have watered the tree of freedom with their life blood.
So what other portion of the old, outdated, useless fish wrap known as the United States Constitution and Bill of Rights would you like to scrap or make more relevant. Maybe if we used more current idioms and slang to make it more relevant to the uneducated illiterate masses it would be more palatable. Without the threat of the 2nd, the others have no chance to remain intact. Do you like your life, liberty and pursuit of happiness. Do you like your freedom to assemble, to speak, to worship or not, as you choose, to petition the government for redress of wrongs. Do you like the freedom from housing, against your will, the troops of the U.S.Gov ernment, allowing them free access to all you own. Do you like your freedom from illegal search and seizure. Do you enjoy your due process and rights in the courts. Do you appreciate your right to a speedy trial and to confront your accuser.
Remember, many countries do not have these rights enumerated and they do not have a 2nd amendment, so consequently they are oppressed and enjoy none of the rights we take for granted every day.

Level 3

than your posts!

#1913 Jan 27, 2013
Bar Fly_ok wrote:
<quoted text>
Only cowards sign out to hurl insults .... that would be you.
*wah*
He tries, but he may or may not know it yet, but he's been put on notice by the powers-that-be.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

“An Ye Harm None, Do As Ye Will”

Level 1

Since: May 10

I Am A Religion-Free Zone

#1914 Jan 27, 2013
REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
<quoted text>
SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>So what?.....Moses did'nt bring that down from the mount.....
Moses is a myth; the United States Constitution is not.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 1 min Lemmy is God II 37,696
News Where to get naked in the Bay Area - " and not ... 1 min Magic Utah Uwear 4
True False Game (Jun '11) 5 min Lemmy is God II 14,073
Start a sentence in alphabetical order.. 7 min Lemmy is God II 2,662
News 'What's the capital of Canada?' and other weird... 7 min Magic Utah Uwear 3
Let's play "follow the word" (Jun '08) 10 min Lemmy is God II 48,995
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 10 min Bad Bex 71,368
What Turns You Off? 14 min Bad Bex 427
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 25 min Rider on the Storm 211,602
News Thousands of demonstrators protest Trump in Atl... 58 min ima-Ilis Myka Ash... 1,489
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 1 hr Spirit67_ 3,272
More from around the web