“My posts are MUCH better”

Level 3

Since: Jul 12

than your posts!

#1874 Jan 27, 2013
Pappasmurf2252 wrote:
<quoted text>
Answer me this and please do so
logically. Why do you honestly need an assault weapon?
Here we go again, a liberal confusing rights with needs.

Rosa Parks had the right to sit at the front of the bus, but did she have the need? You wouldn't dare question that.

There is no need to explain to you or any other liberal the reasons for exercising my rights.

“ASPIRE 2 INSPIRE B4 U EXPIRE”

Level 8

Since: Jul 08

USA

#1875 Jan 27, 2013
This is from 1993, but very relevant to today and this discussion.

http://jim.com/cowards.htm

A small excerpt from it.

Gun control is a moral crusade against a benighted, barbaric citizenry. This is demonstrated not only by the ineffectualness of gun control in preventing crime, and by the fact that it focuses on restricting the behavior of the law-abiding rather than apprehending and punishing the guilty, but also by the execration that gun control proponents heap on gun owners and their evil instrumentality, the NRA. Gun owners are routinely portrayed as uneducated, paranoid rednecks fascinated by and prone to violence, i.e., exactly the type of person who opposes the liberal agenda and whose moral and social "re-education" is the object of liberal social policies. Typical of such bigotry is New York Gov. Mario Cuomo's famous characterization of gun-owners as "hunters who drink beer, don't vote, and lie to their wives about where they were all weekend." Similar vituperation is rained upon the NRA, characterized by Sen. Edward Kennedy as the "pusher's best friend," lampooned in political cartoons as standing for the right of children to carry firearms to school and, in general, portrayed as standing for an individual's God-given right to blow people away at will.

The stereotype is, of course, false. As criminologist and constitutional lawyer Don B. Kates, Jr. and former HCI contributor Dr. Patricia Harris have pointed out, "[s]tudies consistently show that, on the average, gun owners are better educated and have more prestigious jobs than non-owners.... Later studies show that gun owners are less likely than non-owners to approve of police brutality, violence against dissenters, etc."

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#1876 Jan 27, 2013
huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum another opinion independent opinion ..........

NOTE The Gun Zone RKBA -- Jeff Snyder's Nation of Cowards Reviewed
Warning: Dangerous Downloads
On Jeff Snyder's Nation of Cowards A critical book review by Steven E. Henigson, Editor, Combat!
www.thegunzone.com/rkba/noc-rev.html - Cached

Level 7

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#1877 Jan 27, 2013
Dr-Sniper wrote:
<quoted text>
I honestly need an "Assault Weapon" because if the Second Amendment is in place to give Citizens the right and ability to stand up to a tyrannical government, and that tyrannical government has Assault Weapons, what good is a single shot, pump, or double barrel going to do me?
Let's go along with you and the 2nd Amendment crowd....therefore, assault rifles can easily be banned, in that there is absolutely no mention anywhere of their need....live by the 2nd, die by the 2nd......

“WE WON TOPIX! YAY!”

Since: Jun 09

Hoffman Estates, IL

#1878 Jan 27, 2013
LOL at anyone who thinks sedition is sanctioned by the 2A!!!

Let's read it again to double-check:

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed"

Nope! Nothing about sedition or rising up against a tyrannical government! Boy- you'd think if THAT were there intent the founders would have been more EXPLICIT- you know- LIKE ACTUALLY SAYING SO!!

Ya know, I don't think arming teachers would EVER help. A teacher could put a gun to some of these idjits heads and they STILL would never learn!

Level 3

than your posts!

#1879 Jan 27, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Let's go along with you and the 2nd Amendment crowd....therefore, assault rifles can easily be banned, in that there is absolutely no mention anywhere of their need....live by the 2nd, die by the 2nd......
Here we go again, a liberal confusing rights with needs.

Rosa Parks had the right to sit at the front of the bus, but did she have the need? You wouldn't dare question that.

There is no need to explain to you or any other liberal the reasons for exercising my rights.

Level 7

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#1880 Jan 27, 2013
You know, your arguement is true....when they insist on bringing the "LIBERAL" label into any debate....it's alway's their fallback and spin mechanism.....the founding father's made no mention of the mutant versions of weaponry, known as, assault rifles.....

Level 3

than your posts!

#1881 Jan 27, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
You know, your arguement is true....when they insist on bringing the "LIBERAL" label into any debate....it's alway's their fallback and spin mechanism.....the founding father's made no mention of the mutant versions of weaponry, known as, assault rifles.....
Yeah I don't blame you for being offended by the "liberal" label.

You don't even know what an "assault rifle" is do you? Tell me, what do YOU think is an "assault rifle"?

Without googling it, how would YOU pick out which one was the assault rifle from a long line of rifles?

Level 8

USA

#1882 Jan 27, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Let's go along with you and the 2nd Amendment crowd....therefore, assault rifles can easily be banned, in that there is absolutely no mention anywhere of their need....live by the 2nd, die by the 2nd......
I already took that analogy to its logical conclusion. The 1st Amendment guarantees freedom of speech. The Supreme Court has written opinions that the freedom of speech includes the written word. However, since the founding fathers only had quill pens, ink and paper, then by logical extension of your argument, we need to ban/regulate the use of any medium beyond quill and ink. So, no more telegraph, telephone, television, movie camera, computers, mimeograph machines, automated printing presses, copier machines etc.
Of course, that is absurd in the extreme, just like the specious argument that the founding fathers only meant arms to mean flintlocks, not modern arms.

Level 8

USA

#1883 Jan 27, 2013
Ferrerman wrote:
"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed"
Nope! Nothing about sedition or rising up against a tyrannical government! Boy- you'd think if THAT were there intent the founders would have been more EXPLICIT- you know- LIKE ACTUALLY SAYING SO!!
Ya know, I don't think arming teachers would EVER help. A teacher could put a gun to some of these idjits heads and they STILL would never learn!
Nor does it say anything about any specific arms, such as semi automatic weapons, shotguns, crossbows, bow and arrows, lances, pen knifes, sling shots, bolos,etc.
you'd think if THAT were there intent the founders would have been more EXPLICIT- you know- LIKE ACTUALLY SAYING SO!!
What an ignoranus

Level 8

USA

#1884 Jan 27, 2013
tallyho wrote:
huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum another opinion independent opinion ..........
NOTE The Gun Zone RKBA -- Jeff Snyder's Nation of Cowards Reviewed
Warning: Dangerous Downloads
On Jeff Snyder's Nation of Cowards A critical book review by Steven E. Henigson, Editor, Combat!
www.thegunzone.com/rkba/noc-rev.html - Cached
So judge, do you agree or disagree with his premise. Do you agree or disagree with his opinions. Do you have an opinion, or just obtuse maunderings.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#1885 Jan 27, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
There's no mention of the need of oxygen in the 2nd either. But without it, no firearm will fire. Can we ban that also?

“WE WON TOPIX! YAY!”

Since: Jun 09

Hoffman Estates, IL

#1886 Jan 27, 2013
OH! Just because it doesn't say something doesn't mean that it doesn't say something.

You're still on that pot forum, aren't you, Cheech?

Location hidden

#1887 Jan 27, 2013
Ferrerman wrote:

Lmao! Your brain has been traumatized by your boyfriends "gun".

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state" IS the part about rising up against a tyrannical government!

I guess you were the child that stayed out and played when your mom went to the front door and yelled your first and middle name, since she didn't say come here.
The rest of us knew full well what she meant.

“New & Improved..”

Level 8

Since: Oct 07

Formerly From Kenya

#1888 Jan 27, 2013
The founding fathers had what is now called vision...that logic shall not be infringed...

yet they, who ever 'they' are can try..

“Hello Darlings!”

Level 1

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#1889 Jan 27, 2013
Ferrerman wrote:
Nope! Nothing about sedition or rising up against a tyrannical government!.....
What do you think "necessary to the security of a free state" means?

Location hidden

#1890 Jan 27, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
At the time the second amendment was written, citizens had the exact same arms as the military. Therefore, that was the mindset of the founding fathers when writing the second amendment. The whole point is to allow citizens to be as well armed as the government, so the government doesn't decide to dictate rather than serve.

Level 8

USA

#1891 Jan 27, 2013
http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig2/stagnaro2.ht...

Interview with author Jeff Snyder regarding his book
"A nation of cowards"

Location hidden

#1892 Jan 27, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
Ok. What about that pesky "Shall Not Be Infringed" phrase?

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#1893 Jan 27, 2013
REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
<quoted text>
So judge, do you agree or disagree with his premise. Do you agree or disagree with his opinions. Do you have an opinion, or just obtuse maunderings.
YES

that would be meanderings btw , yes if I were you... I would get an accredited source not a blogger ..

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Word Association. (Nov '10) 18 min Adrian DeVine 16,624
***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Jan '10) 20 min curiouslu 77,239
Word Association (Jun '10) 21 min Adrian DeVine 26,212
Big dawg 26 min Princess Hey 400
Fergson Police Dept. 27 min Grace Nerissa 373
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 28 min curiouslu 54,411
What's Been Your "Contribution*"? 31 min Hoosier Hillbilly 5
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 42 min Hoosier Hillbilly 28,504
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr the wandering girl 145,232
What's your tip for the day? 6 hr SLY WEST 807
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 9 hr -Lea- 18,602
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Weird People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••