Since: Sep 08

#1853 Jan 27, 2013
Gloop.

Level 1

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#1854 Jan 27, 2013
REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
<quoted text>When the Constitution was written, the only means of written communication was by pen on paper and a manually operated printing press. The founding fathers never envisioned telegraph, telephone, television, computers, satellites, fountain pens, typewriters, mimeograph machines etc. So by your logic, we need to restrict and ban all forms of free written speech that entails anything created after the Constitution was written. The 2nd Amendment is the only one that specifically uses the word infringed. So the founding fathers must have meant exactly what it says.
Great way to spin my words! Well done!

Level 1

Location hidden

#1855 Jan 27, 2013
Force Majeure wrote:
<quoted text>Are you still awake? Don't make me come in there and put you to sleep! That's it. You're grounded this week-end.
You are seriously have some issues.

“ASPIRE 2 INSPIRE B4 U EXPIRE”

Level 8

Since: Jul 08

USA

#1856 Jan 27, 2013
Pappasmurf2252 wrote:
<quoted text>
Great way to spin my words! Well done!
Not a spin, just a logical progression. After all, if it applies to one Amendment, it applies to all right. Or do you just get to cherry pick the one you want it to apply to.

Level 1

Location hidden

#1857 Jan 27, 2013
REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
<quoted text>Not a spin, just a logical progression. After all, if it applies to one Amendment, it applies to all right. Or do you just get to cherry pick the one you want it to apply to.
Answer me this and please do so
logically. Why do you honestly need an assault weapon?

Level 8

USA

#1858 Jan 27, 2013
Pappasmurf2252 wrote:
<quoted text>
Answer me this and please do so
First off, the term "assault" is a misnomer. It is a semi automatic weapon.
Definition: Semi-automatic guns are those which fire the round in the chamber, extract it, eject it, and load a new round into the chamber (if one is available in the magazine), each time the trigger is pulled. Most semi-autos will also cock the gun at the same time, but some semi-auto pistols do not.

In the United States, an assault weapon is most commonly defined as a semi-automatic firearm possessing certain features similar to those of military firearms. Semi-automatic firearms fire one bullet (round) each time the trigger is pulled; the spent cartridge case is ejected and another cartridge is loaded into the chamber, without the manual operation of a bolt handle, a lever, or a sliding handgrip. An assault weapon has a detachable magazine, in conjunction with one, two, or more other features such as a pistol grip, a folding stock, a flash suppressor, or a bayonet lug.[1] Most assault weapons are rifles, but some are pistols or shotguns.

Many weapons termed "assault" are only different in appearance, not in function.

Now to your question, I do not "need' an "assault" weapon, however, I do own a semi automatic weapon. which by narrow political definition would NOT be termed an "assault" weapon.
My semi automatic weapon does not require me to reload each cartridge, or manually reload using a bolt handle, lever or sliding hand grip, thus making the use of the weapon easier and faster for me. If, I am ever required to use my legal semi automatic weapon for self defense, I will be glad that it is easier and faster for me to put rounds down range than a non semi automatic weapon.
Is that logical and rational enough, or do you need more explanation from me as to why an American would want to own a semi automatic weapon.

“30yrs in this garbage state ”

Level 2

Since: May 10

sheeple country USA

#1859 Jan 27, 2013
Dr-Sniper wrote:
<quoted text>
The progressives make a lifetime crutch out of it,
The bottom line, people must learn responsibility for themselves.
Bottom line that is also my point,

Level 2

sheeple country USA

#1860 Jan 27, 2013
REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
<quoted text>
I have children older than you, so to me and many on here, you are a child and with your choice of words, you prove yourself to be a child.
Like wise grumpy old child,

Level 2

sheeple country USA

#1861 Jan 27, 2013
REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously you have not followed my posts. I provide more than anecdotal evidence to back up my assertions. I have posted statistics, studies, surveys etc. You on the other hand use hyperbole and belittling verbiage to cover up your lack of knowledge or education on the subject.
Keep trying child, maybe some day the adults will let you sit at the big table with us. although you will have to clean up your language before we let you sit with us.
Sit at your blinded table,

Ya right pal,

Once again your internet OPINION,

Level 2

sheeple country USA

#1862 Jan 27, 2013
Dr-Sniper wrote:
<quoted text>
Lmao! After all that, instead of answering the question I posed to you, you simply change the question you posed as an answer in return?
It must be Hell living in fear of removing all doubt you are ignorant of the subject matter.
Your a complete fool if you think I give a rats azz what you think,

Answering your ?? states I am ignorant,

You might want to look in th mirror on that one blind child,

Level 2

sheeple country USA

#1863 Jan 27, 2013
Dr-Sniper wrote:
<quoted text>
If you don't need one. Don't buy one. You have NO right to tell me I can't buy one. Or hundreds for that matter.
Just like you have no right to tell me what to do or own,

You are just to full of yourself pal,

Level 1

Location hidden

#1864 Jan 27, 2013
REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
<quoted text>First off, the term "assault" is a misnomer. It is a semi automatic weapon.
Definition: Semi-automatic guns are those which fire the round in the chamber, extract it, eject it, and load a new round into the chamber (if one is available in the magazine), each time the trigger is pulled. Most semi-autos will also cock the gun at the same time, but some semi-auto pistols do not.

In the United States, an assault weapon is most commonly defined as a semi-automatic firearm possessing certain features similar to those of military firearms. Semi-automatic firearms fire one bullet (round) each time the trigger is pulled; the spent cartridge case is ejected and another cartridge is loaded into the chamber, without the manual operation of a bolt handle, a lever, or a sliding handgrip. An assault weapon has a detachable magazine, in conjunction with one, two, or more other features such as a pistol grip, a folding stock, a flash suppressor, or a bayonet lug.[1] Most assault weapons are rifles, but some are pistols or shotguns.

Many weapons termed "assault" are only different in appearance, not in function.

Now to your question, I do not "need' an "assault" weapon, however, I do own a semi automatic weapon. which by narrow political definition would NOT be termed an "assault" weapon.
My semi automatic weapon does not require me to reload each cartridge, or manually reload using a bolt handle, lever or sliding hand grip, thus making the use of the weapon easier and faster for me. If, I am ever required to use my legal semi automatic weapon for self defense, I will be glad that it is easier and faster for me to put rounds down range than a non semi automatic weapon.
Is that logical and rational enough, or do you need more explanation from me as to why an American would want to own a semi automatic weapon.
Thank you so much for informing me how a semi-automatic works as if I
had to idea. I can shoot approximately one round per second with my lever action. That isn't fast enough? I'm not going to argue with you. You ooze as much BS on here as you do on your website. I'm out, heavy.

Level 2

sheeple country USA

#1865 Jan 27, 2013
Dr-Sniper wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol. You two get a room.
Get a room with your redneck dippy hippy,

You two would fit well together,

Level 8

USA

#1866 Jan 27, 2013
Pappasmurf2252 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you so much for informing me how a semi-automatic works as if I
had to idea. I can shoot approximately one round per second with my lever action. That isn't fast enough? I'm not going to argue with you. You ooze as much BS on here as you do on your website. I'm out, heavy.
Huh, what website, you must have me confused with some other redneck hippie. I do not nor have ever had my own web site. I have enough to do. Two grand children, Little League District softball division, VFW officers positions, VFW Post web site and facebook pages,and my own facebook page.
You may choose to not have a semi automatic, that is your right, just as it is my right to own a semi automatic weapon.I wont force you to own a semi automatic, so don't try to force me not to. THAT IS WHAT DEMOCRACY IS ALL ABOUT. we each have to respect the others rights, whether we agree with them or not.

Level 8

USA

#1867 Jan 27, 2013
30yrs wrote:
<quoted text>
Get a room with your redneck dippy hippy,
Nothing of substance to add I see.
America, the land of the free and the home of the brave, where 1% of the population makes it possible for the other 99% to enjoy all that our founding fathers created.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#1868 Jan 27, 2013
Pappasmurf2252 wrote:
<quoted text>Answer me this and please do so
I honestly need an "Assault Weapon" because if the Second Amendment is in place to give Citizens the right and ability to stand up to a tyrannical government, and that tyrannical government has Assault Weapons, what good is a single shot, pump, or double barrel going to do me?

Location hidden

#1869 Jan 27, 2013
30yrs wrote:
<quoted text>Bottom line that is also my point,
NO WAY! We agreed on something?

Location hidden

#1870 Jan 27, 2013
30yrs wrote:
<quoted text>Your a complete fool if you think I give a rats azz what you think,

Answering your ?? states I am ignorant,

You might want to look in th mirror on that one blind child,
I am far from ignorant on the subject matter at hand.
My statement was that it must be Hell living in fear of removing all doubt that you are ignorant on the subject matter at hand.
Meaning, if you were well versed in the subject matter, you wouldn't swim the ocean to avoid answering my question, when you could step over a puddle to simply answer it.

Location hidden

#1872 Jan 27, 2013
30yrs wrote:
<quoted text>Just like you have no right to tell me what to do or own,

You are just to full of yourself pal,
Ok, let me rephrase that then. If you don't want or need one, nobody is forcing you to get one. But, you have no right to force your perception that nobody needs one, on me, or infringe my constitutional right to one or many.

How was that?

Location hidden

#1873 Jan 27, 2013
30yrs wrote:
<quoted text>Get a room with your redneck dippy hippy,

How would you know? You been inspecting us? Or just speaking from experience?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 13 min Parden Pard 29,406
Posting Etiquette (Feb '14) 14 min UnderstandPeople 266
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 17 min Parden Pard 40,266
30,000 post wins (May '13) 18 min Weird 0ne 2 1,833
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 21 min Parden Pard 54,595
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 21 min Chimney1 116,745
What's your tip for the day? 23 min Parden Pard 1,079
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 2 hr Wolftracks 147,013
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 5 hr Enzo49 20,533
What ?? are you thinking about NOW? 2014 8 hr Enzo49 416