Only cowards need guns

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#169 Dec 30, 2012
Denny Crain wrote:
<quoted text>ALL GUNS ARE ASSAULT WEAPON! Any gun can be used for good or bad. Guns that look like military weapons are not more dangerous than those that don't. A Henry rifle made in the 1870s can fire just as fast as a modern rifle and that Henry has a big magazine too
Either you're saying all guns should be banned because they are assault weapons or we should only use Henry's because they are the same as modern weaponry.

Or, it's 1873 on your calendar.

“ASPIRE 2 INSPIRE B4 U EXPIRE”

Level 8

Since: Jul 08

USA

#170 Dec 30, 2012
Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>Either you're saying all guns should be banned because they are assault weapons or we should only use Henry's because they are the same as modern weaponry.
No, what he is saying is that all items used to "assault" someone, from a rock, to a stick, to a knife, to a car up to a rifle or pistol is an "assault" weapon. The term was coined by politicians trying to scare the mindless public. It has absolutely nothing to do with the weapons ability to harm a living thing. It is all about perception.

“Are We Having Fun Yet???”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

If Not, Why Not!!!

#171 Dec 30, 2012
Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>Either you're saying all guns should be banned because they are assault weapons or we should only use Henry's because they are the same as modern weaponry.
Cherry pickin' your posts to reply to yet again......

What's the prob Fman, did I answer your questions and concerns all too well???

Big Wreck
Control

“*=* Always Thinking *=*”

Level 8

Since: Nov 12

Greensburg, IN

#172 Dec 30, 2012
Damn brilliant deduction for a REDNECK, I'm with you all the way HIPPIE.
A'course thr ain't mush difrenc is a redneck r a hillbilly is thr?

Location hidden

#173 Dec 30, 2012
REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
<quoted text>
No, what he is saying is that all items used to "assault" someone, from a rock, to a stick, to a knife, to a car up to a rifle or pistol is an "assault" weapon. The term was coined by politicians trying to scare the mindless public. It has absolutely nothing to do with the weapons ability to harm a living thing. It is all about perception.
Oh.

Those damn words! They scare people! Assault weapons don't scare people- WORDS SCARE PEOPLE!

Well, those words are protected by the FIRST Amendment. So, don't obfuscate...

“To contract new debts...”

Level 6

Since: Apr 08

is not the way to pay old ones

#174 Dec 30, 2012
Denny Crain wrote:
<quoted text>The last shooter also had 2 pistols and I still have not heard a source say that the people were killed with the rifle and not the pistol. Have the police released and reports???
The CT shooter used only the rifle according to the news reports up here.

Level 8

USA

#175 Dec 30, 2012
Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>Oh.
Those damn words! They scare people! Assault weapons don't scare people- WORDS SCARE PEOPLE!
Well, those words are protected by the FIRST Amendment. So, don't obfuscate...
Not obfuscating. People in power have always used words to sway the weak minded, who want others to think for them, to tell them what their opinion should be. People in power, who want to gut the 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States use words weighted with negativity and freighted with images of death and destruction to sway the weak, scared public.
They certainly have the right to use words, as guaranteed by the 1st Amendment to the Constitution of the United States, but they also have the responsibility to use their words to strengthen the United States, not weaken it, so that the people and nations who prey on the weak have an easier opportunity to do harm to us.

Level 8

If Not, Why Not!!!

#176 Dec 30, 2012
Perception, that is the word I was thinking about.

Feel good laws to control guns, it's all about the perception that if we just enact the right laws and control those guns, it's all going to be OK. People are upset and hurt and they think they must do something, anything to stop this madness.

The prob with that type of thinking, this is not going to all just go away.

There is a lot wrong with our society and we need to take a good hard look and it's going to take a long time to turn this around and I'm not sure if we can.

We have a violence prob in this country. The studies are in and in fact they have been for some time.

Violence on TV, in the movies and vid games. It's a big problem that is not being addressed.

Junk food in the schools and at home. Some kids today have no idea what a real meal is really all about.

Natural food not full of additives and preservatives is a way to treat hyper kids but instead they are given pills to take. There is a link with mass shootings and powerful RX's.

All this needs to be addressed and more. Follow the money trail......

Level 8

Greensburg, IN

#177 Dec 30, 2012
I heard the rifle was found in the trunk of his car
Don't shot the messenger, bomb the media!!

My frog sticker 'gig' could be an assault weapon.
It has 5 prongs and can be used over & over.
Hard tell'n how many fish & frogs 'i've killed with it.

Location hidden

#178 Dec 30, 2012
Sounds like everything is the problem BUT guns!

Level 8

If Not, Why Not!!!

#179 Dec 30, 2012
Ferrerman wrote:
I never said that!!!

What part of multi-layered prob don't you understand???

“New & Improved..”

Level 8

Since: Oct 07

Formerly From Kenya

#180 Dec 30, 2012
Ferrerman wrote:
Sounds like you may 'finally' be getting it..

stay on target...

Level 8

USA

#181 Dec 30, 2012
Hoosier Hillbilly wrote:
I heard the rifle was found in the trunk of his car
Don't shot the messenger, bomb the media!!
My frog sticker 'gig' could be an assault weapon.
It has 5 prongs and can be used over & over.
Hard tell'n how many fish & frogs 'i've killed with it.
We may never really know the truth. The media wh@res jump all over every gory story and twist it every way they can. They want to be the first to publish the gory details. I heard he had a shotgun, that he used the two pistols on the children, that he killed his father, that it was his brother who was the shooter. So much garbage to wade thru and the media sees nothing wrong with their methodology or their inaccuracies. As long as they are first. Whatever it takes, even to interviewing the children to get their reactions on film for the voracious appetites of the viewing public.

Level 8

Greensburg, IN

#182 Dec 30, 2012
Now that 'ferret'(( http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons...

starts woff'n bout 'my' frog sticker ther'll be trble,ye he'r
'i' ain't yet but it's time-lokn fur the jugXXX

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Since: Jul 10

Rowlett Tx

#183 Dec 30, 2012
Ferrerman wrote:
I am saying that only a weapon used by the military can be a true assault weapons because it is full auto and not a semi-auto. Assault weapon is just a term used by a politician based on look and not function. That old Henry rifle performs the same as a modern semi-auto except it is lever and not blowback that brings a new round to the chamber. That old Henry has a magazine that hold more than 10 rounds

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Rowlett Tx

#184 Dec 30, 2012
Hunglo wrote:
<quoted text>The CT shooter used only the rifle according to the news reports up here.

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Rowlett Tx

#185 Dec 30, 2012
REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
<quoted text>
Not obfuscating. People in power have always used words to sway the weak minded, who want others to think for them, to tell them what their opinion should be. People in power, who want to gut the 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States use words weighted with negativity and freighted with images of death and destruction to sway the weak, scared public.
They certainly have the right to use words, as guaranteed by the 1st Amendment to the Constitution of the United States, but they also have the responsibility to use their words to strengthen the United States, not weaken it, so that the people and nations who prey on the weak have an easier opportunity to do harm to us.
Like cop killer bullets. I mean who would want cop killer bullets or even worse grandma killer bullets

Level 8

If Not, Why Not!!!

#186 Dec 30, 2012
REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
<quoted text>
We may never really know the truth. The media wh@res jump all over every gory story and twist it every way they can. They want to be the first to publish the gory details. I heard he had a shotgun, that he used the two pistols on the children, that he killed his father, that it was his brother who was the shooter. So much garbage to wade thru and the media sees nothing wrong with their methodology or their inaccuracies. As long as they are first. Whatever it takes, even to interviewing the children to get their reactions on film for the voracious appetites of the viewing public.
It's even worse than that.

Ever wonder how and why the meida picks certain stories to report while others die a nationaly unreported death.....

Level 8

USA

#187 Dec 30, 2012
Denny Crain wrote:
<quoted text>Like cop killer bullets. I mean who would want cop killer bullets or even worse grandma killer bullets
Exactly, all bullets are "killer" bullets, that is their function. Calling them cop killers is just another way for those in power to help the weak masses to make up their minds to have more of their liberties curtailed.

Level 8

USA

#188 Dec 30, 2012
Tiger Lilly wrote:
<quoted text>
It's even worse than that.
Ever wonder how and why the meida picks certain stories to report while others die a nationaly unreported death.....
Each "news" outlet has its own personal agenda, promulgated by the owners. They will only "report" on things that advance their agenda.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Is this the world's worst airport sandwich? 4 min Dr Wu 16
Poll Why is Ferret trolling again? 4 min Ferret 3
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 7 min Paul Porter1 168,928
News Friends trying to hand off rice cooker cause sc... 7 min Dr Wu 1
Add a Word remove a Word (Oct '13) 9 min CJ Rocker 1,903
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 10 min Jennifer Renee 12,095
Post "any three words" (Sep '12) 11 min CJ Rocker 1,549
News California couple married 75 years dies in each... 44 min Dr Wu 3
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 2 hr wichita-rick 165,409
motorcycle traveling stories 2 hr Mega Monster 1,245