Since: Oct 07

Formerly From Kenya

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Might as well face facts...we live in a society that has laws and rules...The laws are continually broken and our system to fix that is broken. The rules are broken down daily because they are not laws and are cheated on daily. But...we do have certain rights, these are written in stone and are not subject to interpretation.. The lawyers can't easily change these to fit their money making agendas, the politicians are stuck too, it truly is an enigma for them as to how they are going to get around it..and they have all these followers that act as flock holding up signs and screaming at the top of their lungs right there with them...but..it isn't going to work...no matter how many ferrermans try to decode the words...
now...it is up to making it work..because the guns are not going to go away. I do believe the founders knew this time would come...and I do believe they worded things accordingly...

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

Denny Crain wrote:
<quoted text>And I don't think you need a car the will go over 100 mph. The only difference in these guns is how they look not how they work. The FBI said the last Clinton ban made no difference on crime. The second amendment has nothing to do with hunting.
com'on use your head...

Fed highways are at 65mph ... a car that maxs at 80mph doesn't run very efficient on a border redline .... so a 120mph
car runs better at 65mph at half max

not to chisel in gold as about the specs , but now you have the idea I hope

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

any of you had respect .... you would use the title not a slang word from the keyboards

“ASPIRE 2 INSPIRE B4 U EXPIRE”

Level 8

Since: Jul 08

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

tallyho wrote:
yep a gem ...
Marko Kloos -
https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/ccm-columns/...
A full-time writer and an equally full-time wrangler of two small munchkins, Marko Kloos is a friendly man with a sardonic, dry sense of humor.

https://twitter.com/markokloos
I'm an unpaid manservant to two little kids. In my spare time, I drink liquor and collect rejection letters.

http://www.beneath-ceaseless-skies.com/author...
Marko Kloos is a freelance writer and stay-at-home parent. He is a graduate of the Viable Paradise SF/F Writers’ Workshop. A former native of Germany, Marko lives in New Hampshire with his wife and two children. Their compound, Castle Frostbite, is patrolled by a roving pack of dachshunds. He is currently working on a novel set in the world of "Ink and Blood." His blog is at munchkinwrangler.wordpress.com .

LOOK YA'LL, I CAN CUT AND PASTE, JES LIKE OLE TALLY.
MAN I'M IMPORTANT

“ASPIRE 2 INSPIRE B4 U EXPIRE”

Level 8

Since: Jul 08

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

tallyho wrote:
any of you had respect .... you would use the title not a slang word from the keyboards
If you had respect, you wouldn't come on so high and mighty, trying to impress us with your cut and paste skills.
How about posting your opinion instead of the opinions (case law) of the supreme court jesters.

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, I figure if a wannabe judge can cut and past case law and opinion, then so can the rest of us peasants can cut and paste as well. Or is that not allowed in your lil kingdom judge.
who was talking cut/paste beside stupid , not I

every wonder why there is a cut/paste on a p/c
to use ... to serve one's self

kinda like brakes on a car ..to use so you do have to Flintstone .... heavy Fed

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

that will keep him post for a day

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>AND, ignorant!
Lol. Stating facts that can be backed up with statistics makes me ignorant?
Do you know the definition of the word?
That really shows that your stance on this subject has no footing. Thank you for making that point obvious.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

30yrs wrote:
<quoted text>Absolutly,

How do they do any good toward putting meat on the table,

ASSAULT, key word here, not for hunting.
Since you brought it up, define "assault rifle" for us.

Again, I point out the second amendment has absolutely nothing to do with hunting!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Pappasmurf2252 wrote:
<quoted text>I see your point here and I agree. I don't believe anyone should own an assault rifle that isn't in a branch of the armed forces.
Again, I disagree.
Read the second amendment. Ill break it down phrase by phrase.
"A well regulated militia being necessary to s free state"( an organized group of armed citizens is necessary to prevent tyranny)
"The right of the people to keep and bear arms" (the right of citizens to own and possess or carry bearable arms)
"Shall not be infringed" (cannot be limited or undermined)

Also notice the order of the phrases. It does not say the right of the militia to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. It says "the right of the PEOPLE to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

info: on respect....

Colonel.I'd appreciate it if he addressed me as
Colonel or Sir. I believe I've earned it.

I don't know what the hell kind of an outfit you're running here. witness will address this Court as Judge or Your Honor. I'm quite certain I've earned it.

so take your seat....... and post with common sense.

Jessep goes back to the stand.

JESSEP
(continuing)
What would you like to discuss now! My
favorite color?

KAFFEE
Colonel, the six a.m. flight, was the
first one off the base?

JESSEP
Yes.

KAFFEE
There wasn't a flight that left seven
hours earlier and landed at Andrews

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

30yrs wrote:
<quoted text>Resort to guns as you have no other rational way of thinking,

enjoyment,-ya right
relaxation,-whatever
individual protection,-weak & coward
friendly competition,-pure BS
and putting food in the table.- these days are pretty much gone, excuses to own guns.

It simply does not take guns to do any of what you have said. I have also owned and operated guns most of my life even though I hated them as much then as I do know.

Guns are for killing and killing only.

People can easily do that without guns.
I notice you attempt to discredit or blow off my comments and beliefs with insults and without any backing on your part.
Deflection and smoke & mirrors along with insults is a good indication there are no facts to back your stance.

Ironically, your last sentence is absolutely right, and both makes my point about gun control not preventing murder, and profetic in that if guns were somehow completely eliminated, murder would resume immediately by any number of other means.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

30yrs wrote:
<quoted text>You seem to have some serious blinders on ya,

7 million people and counting every day,

Without mass farming there never will be enough game,

The game is rapidly dissaappearing as the population keeps growing,

Do the dam math, hunting is now just an excuse.
People are dying every day as well.
Hogs are taking over the country. There are plenty of them to hunt.
Not everyone hunts, wants to hunt, or can hunt successfully.
Through conservation efforts paid for by hunting licenses, permits, tags, and stamps, game populations are doing just fine!
Do you pull this stuff out of your back side?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
<quoted text>In your opinion it is just an excuse.
With an inexpensive hunting license and one cartridge, a hunter can have enough meat to last his family for most of the year. You let other people harvest your food and your meat, so that you can keep your hands clean, while still consuming your share of the larder.
Hunters at least own up to their responsibilities and kill their own food. Plus, without hunting, the population of some species would be out of control and they would end up starving to death from over grazing. Hunting is more humane than starvation.
Correct.

Level 7

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

Dr-Sniper wrote:
<quoted text>
The same thing that makes them so viscous here. They can not control their emotions. Statistically, Blacks commit nearly 6 times more gun murders than whites here in the US.
Let me guess, that's racist of me to point out, right?
Not really, i think the black crime here is brutal and we need a new plan....but, what happened in South Africa with apartheid, was akin to modern day nazis.....Have you ever known any white south africans? They are like aussies, some are great people, but some are thee most racist people you will ever meet....like many blacks....

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

ever wonder how many died by text....

isn't that illegal in some states drive/text

“WE WON TOPIX! YAY!”

Since: Jun 09

Rolling Meadows, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

Dr-Sniper wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, I disagree.
Read the second amendment. Ill break it down phrase by phrase.
"A well regulated militia being necessary to s free state"( an organized group of armed citizens is necessary to prevent tyranny)
Nope. Militias were to quell slave revolts and hunt down runaway slaves.

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

I remember this one , it happen right here

The families of five cheerleading friends who died in a highly publicized accident in New York surely identify with the pain expressed by Kristi Oates. The girls had graduated high school together just five days before the crash, and were on their way to a vacation home. Investigators discovered that the driver was talking on her cell phone and sending text messages just minutes before she crashed head-on into a tractor trailer.

one phone ... 5 dead

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

Hoosier Hillbilly wrote:
IMO:
1st 'we' must define "assault weapons"
Two classes:
Semi-automatic - the trigger must be pulled to shot off each round.
Full-automatic - when you pull the trigger it keeps
firing until you release it.
:: basically that's the 2-definitions of assault guns///there are many variations of each but that's the basics.

A semi-automatic is something anyone can handle and control-fear causes you to release the trigger
and pull it again only if you prefer...
A full-automatic is dangerious in the hands of someone that doesn't know what their shooting-
pull the trigger and it keeps on firing...
*=* both should be licensed and registered-just in case *=*

Both should remain legal in the hands of qualified
gun users-but locked up or 'saftey' triggers installed.

If your a gun enthusiasts you understand why people want them, if your not you never will!
=experience with either is the only way you'd ever know!=(kinda like riding a Harley) or ( having real-good sex ).

I rest my case::
I disagree with the licensed and registered part.
Both are an infringement.
Both provide an avenue for a database to be utilized later for confiscation.
Actually true assault rifles are fully automatic or select fire, which is adjustable from full auto to semi auto.
The progressive definition of assault rifle refers to cosmetic appearance such as a folding stock, pistol grip, bayonet lug, and a few others. Not all need to be part of the rifle, I think any two will qualify a rifle as an assault rifle.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>You people are far too loose with your interpretations of words and phrases. For example, how do you get armed insurrection/sedition/break glass in case of a black president out of this:

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed"?

So, we'll let the courts define assault weapons and you'll just have to live with that.

"doodads"???? Really?
A well regulated militia simply means a well organized militia. Who makes up the militia? The citizens. Who organizes the militia? The leaders. Which are well prepared organized citizens.
Read the amendment. Does it say a well regulated militia has the right to keep and bear arms? No. It says The People have the right to keep and bear arms.
Oh let's see, does being necessary to a free state sound familiar? Tyranny being the opposite of providing freedom.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1,641 - 1,660 of7,306
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

214 Users are viewing the Weird Forum right now

Search the Weird Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Word Association. (Nov '10) 3 min Nfreebird 16,515
Hillary's 'source' ha ha! 9 min Phyllis Schlafly s Stain 12
Chain Link Game! (Apr '12) 10 min Bezeer 6,161
***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Jan '10) 10 min Bezeer 76,580
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 12 min Bezeer 5,508
What is the meaning of life? 12 min Velvet MJK 8
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 13 min carry on 123 111,602
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 16 min Mister_ E 140,304
How to become Unbannable 33 min tora tora tora 58