Level 1

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#1691 Jan 26, 2013
30yrs wrote:
<quoted text>Those days really are not here anymore,

Just one of the many excuses gun owners use,
No, those days will always be here. People hunt all over the world, that's not going to change. I prefer the taste of natural game over chemically enhanced meat. It's healthier and cheaper so why not? Explain to me what the difference is in my hunting and your going to the grocery store to get your meat?

Level 1

Location hidden

#1692 Jan 26, 2013
30yrs wrote:
<quoted text>Absolutly,

How do they do any good toward putting meat on the table,

ASSAULT, key word here, not for hunting.
I see your point here and I agree. I don't believe anyone should own an assault rifle that isn't in a branch of the armed forces.

“30yrs in this garbage state ”

Level 2

Since: May 10

sheeple country USA

#1693 Jan 26, 2013
Dr-Sniper wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, let me start by telling you what I think guns achieve for me. Then you can tell me if it is or is not what you were thinking.
I think guns achieve preservation of the constitution and bill of rights for me. I think that is what the second amendment is all about. Guns achieve freedom without action. We The People have not revolted in recent history, but the fact that we can, keeps government in check.
Guns also achieve non-second amendment benefits as well, such as, enjoyment, relaxation, individual protection, friendly competition, and putting food in the table. But as stated, those are secondary perks.
Resort to guns as you have no other rational way of thinking,

enjoyment,-ya right
relaxation,-whatever
individual protection,-weak & coward
friendly competition,-pure BS
and putting food in the table.- these days are pretty much gone, excuses to own guns.

It simply does not take guns to do any of what you have said. I have also owned and operated guns most of my life even though I hated them as much then as I do know.

Guns are for killing and killing only.

People can easily do that without guns.

Level 2

sheeple country USA

#1694 Jan 26, 2013
Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>Do what? Spell phonetically?
Get lost!!

Level 2

sheeple country USA

#1695 Jan 26, 2013
Pappasmurf2252 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, those days will always be here. People hunt all over the world, that's not going to change. I prefer the taste of natural game over chemically enhanced meat. It's healthier and cheaper so why not? Explain to me what the difference is in my hunting and your going to the grocery store to get your meat?
You seem to have some serious blinders on ya,

7 million people and counting every day,

Without mass farming there never will be enough game,

The game is rapidly dissaappearing as the population keeps growing,

Do the dam math, hunting is now just an excuse.

“ASPIRE 2 INSPIRE B4 U EXPIRE”

Level 8

Since: Jul 08

USA

#1696 Jan 26, 2013
Pappasmurf2252 wrote:
<quoted text>
I see your point here and I agree. I don't believe anyone should own an assault rifle that isn't in a branch of the armed forces.
Any weapon, from a rock to an atomic bomb is an "assault" weapon. That is what the are designed to do, assault something, whether it be human or any other animal. The media wh@res and the politicians coined the phrase "assault weapon" because it has a negative connotation and makes the uneducated masses scared. This is the same way they call the defeat in battle against the established majority a massacre, but a defeat of the enemy is a glorious victory. same result, just different imagery.
An "assault" weapon is a civilian semi automatic weapon with one or more features that are used in by the military, such as a collapsible stock, a bayonet lug, a pistol grip, or a forward grip. it is the same weapon whether you call it an "assault" weapon, or a 22 caliber semi automatic rifle. It just has some fancy doodads attached to it.

Level 8

USA

#1697 Jan 26, 2013
30yrs wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to have some serious blinders on ya,
In your opinion it is just an excuse.
With an inexpensive hunting license and one cartridge, a hunter can have enough meat to last his family for most of the year. You let other people harvest your food and your meat, so that you can keep your hands clean, while still consuming your share of the larder.
Hunters at least own up to their responsibilities and kill their own food. Plus, without hunting, the population of some species would be out of control and they would end up starving to death from over grazing. Hunting is more humane than starvation.

Level 1

Location hidden

#1698 Jan 26, 2013
30yrs wrote:
<quoted text>You seem to have some serious blinders on ya,

To each his own. You're right, if EVERYONE depended on game, the game wouldn't exist any longer. I didn't say everyone should stop eating farm raised meat and go to hunting themselves, did I? No, I simply told you why I choose to eat meat that I take from nature. I eat meat from the grocery store too but I also take and process my own game. There's no problem with that.

“You think so?”

Level 8

Since: Nov 12

Greensburg, IN

#1699 Jan 26, 2013
IMO:
1st 'we' must define "assault weapons"
Two classes:
Semi-automatic - the trigger must be pulled to shot off each round.
Full-automatic - when you pull the trigger it keeps
firing until you release it.
:: basically that's the 2-definitions of assault guns///there are many variations of each but that's the basics.

A semi-automatic is something anyone can handle and control-fear causes you to release the trigger
and pull it again only if you prefer...
A full-automatic is dangerious in the hands of someone that doesn't know what their shooting-
pull the trigger and it keeps on firing...
*=* both should be licensed and registered-just in case *=*

Both should remain legal in the hands of qualified
gun users-but locked up or 'saftey' triggers installed.

If your a gun enthusiasts you understand why people want them, if your not you never will!
=experience with either is the only way you'd ever know!=(kinda like riding a Harley) or ( having real-good sex ).

I rest my case::

“You think so?”

Level 8

Greensburg, IN

#1700 Jan 26, 2013
PS: larger clips, magazines, or belts has no bearing on anything. I can change a clip or magazine in 3 seconds a machine gun belt takes 5
to 10 seconds depending on caliber.

PSS: and the gun needs at least that long to cool down - larger clips cause 'jamming', which kinda
defeats the prupose of having them to begin with.

PSSH: Watch some of the gun videos on GOOGLE and
you'll get the message.

“You think so?”

Level 8

Greensburg, IN

#1701 Jan 26, 2013

Level 8

USA

#1702 Jan 26, 2013
Why the Gun is Civilization.
By Marko Kloos
Reproduced by permission of the author.

Human beings only have two ways to deal with one another: reason and force. If you want me to do something for you, you have a choice of either convincing me via argument, or force me to do your bidding under threat of force. Every human interaction falls into one of those two categories, without exception. Reason or force, thatís it.

In a truly moral and civilized society, people exclusively interact through persuasion. Force has no place as a valid method of social interaction, and the only thing that removes force from the menu is the personal firearm, as paradoxical as it may sound to some.

When I carry a gun, you cannot deal with me by force. You have to use reason and try to persuade me, because I have a way to negate your threat or employment of force. The gun is the only personal weapon that puts a 100-pound woman on equal footing with a 220-pound mugger, a 75-year old retiree on equal footing with a 19-year old gangbanger, and a single gay guy on equal footing with a carload of drunk guys with baseball bats. The gun removes the disparity in physical strength, size, or numbers between a potential attacker and a defender.

There are plenty of people who consider the gun as the source of bad force equations. These are the people who think that weíd be more civilized if all guns were removed from society, because a firearm makes it easier for a mugger to do his job. That, of course, is only true if the muggerís potential victims are mostly disarmed either by choice or by legislative fiatĖit has no validity when most of a muggerís potential marks are armed. People who argue for the banning of arms ask for automatic rule by the young, the strong, and the many, and thatís the exact opposite of a civilized society. A mugger, even an armed one, can only make a successful living in a society where the state has granted him a force monopoly.

Then thereís the argument that the gun makes confrontations lethal that otherwise would only result in injury. This argument is fallacious in several ways. Without guns involved, confrontations are won by the physically superior party inflicting overwhelming injury on the loser. People who think that fists, bats, sticks, or stones donít constitute lethal force watch too much TV, where people take beatings and come out of it with a bloody lip at worst. The fact that the gun makes lethal force easier works solely in favor of the weaker defender, not the stronger attacker. If both are armed, the field is level. The gun is the only weapon thatís as lethal in the hands of an octogenarian as it is in the hands of a weightlifter. It simply wouldnít work as well as a force equalizer if it wasnít both lethal and easily employable.

When I carry a gun, I donít do so because I am looking for a fight, but because Iím looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I donít carry it because Iím afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid. It doesnít limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force. It removes force from the equation Ö and thatís why carrying a gun is a civilized act.

“You think so?”

Level 8

Greensburg, IN

#1703 Jan 26, 2013
'i' rek'n that prty'wel gets the 'point' across.
But now your trying to confuse 'me' again:

The gun is the only personal weapon that puts a 100-pound woman

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#1704 Jan 26, 2013
REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
<quoted text>
Any weapon, from a rock to an atomic bomb is an "assault" weapon. That is what the are designed to do, assault something, whether it be human or any other animal. The media wh@res and the politicians coined the phrase "assault weapon" because it has a negative connotation and makes the uneducated masses scared. This is the same way they call the defeat in battle against the established majority a massacre, but a defeat of the enemy is a glorious victory. same result, just different imagery.
An "assault" weapon is a civilian semi automatic weapon with one or more features that are used in by the military, such as a collapsible stock, a bayonet lug, a pistol grip, or a forward grip. it is the same weapon whether you call it an "assault" weapon, or a 22 caliber semi automatic rifle. It just has some fancy doodads attached to it.
You people are far too loose with your interpretations of words and phrases. For example, how do you get armed insurrection/sedition/break glass in case of a black president out of this:

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed"?

So, we'll let the courts define assault weapons and you'll just have to live with that.

"doodads"???? Really?

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#1705 Jan 26, 2013
Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>You people are far too loose with your interpretations of words and phrases. For example, how do you get armed insurrection/sedition/break glass in case of a black president out of this:
"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed"?
So, we'll let the courts define assault weapons and you'll just have to live with that.
"doodads"???? Really?
it isn't the words , but the opinion of Marko Kloos

just as the one who posted it as some kind of endorsement

not worth much

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#1706 Jan 26, 2013
yep a gem ...

Marko Kloos - Google+
Marko Kloos - A finely calibrated writing machine that runs on Scotch, paint thinner, and leftover Dino Chicken Nuggets.- Writer and Parent - I'm that German guy.
plus.google.com/109053255881172006939

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Since: Jul 10

Rowlett Tx

#1707 Jan 26, 2013
30yrs wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutly,
How do they do any good toward putting meat on the table,
ASSAULT, key word here, not for hunting.
And I don't think you need a car the will go over 100 mph. The only difference in these guns is how they look not how they work. The FBI said the last Clinton ban made no difference on crime. The second amendment has nothing to do with hunting.

“You think so?”

Level 8

Greensburg, IN

#1708 Jan 26, 2013
The little ferret 'polecat' AKA "Skunk" comes out to smell the forum up.

Suck my ____ "doodad" dirtbag!

Being so closely related to polecats, ferrets are quite easily able to hybridize with them.
Go ____! a skunk!
Yur moma already did!!!!

Level 8

USA

#1709 Jan 26, 2013
Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>You people are far too loose with your interpretations of words and phrases. For example, how do you get armed insurrection/sedition/break glass in case of a black president out of this:
"doodads"???? Really?
Show me anywhere that I said (armed insurrection/sedition/break glass in case of a black president out of this).
You are the one who consistently brings up the color of the POTUS. You seem to have a real fixation on his color.
I wont have to just live with the OPINION of the supreme court jesters. Even they are not the supreme law of the land. There is legal and Constitutional redress even for their opinions.
yeah, doodads is a technical term that is above your pay grade.
Got anything else to say child.

Level 8

USA

#1710 Jan 26, 2013
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
it isn't the words , but the opinion of Marko Kloos
just as the one who posted it as some kind of endorsement
not worth much
Hey, I figure if a wannabe judge can cut and past case law and opinion, then so can the rest of us peasants can cut and paste as well. Or is that not allowed in your lil kingdom judge.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 3 min Charles Idemi 122,143
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 13 min Parden Pard 29,855
More 'Honey Boo Boo' allegations arise: Will mo... 16 min disgusted 15
Man's own dog helps police bust him on drug charge 25 min Parden Pard 7
For Dear FlowerChild (Dec '07) 28 min Hitesrunprincess 23,972
Goats Milk with Princess (Jan '10) 29 min Hitesrunprincess 46,056
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 39 min Wolftracks 22,507
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 3 hr Wolftracks 149,527
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 5 hr -Lea- 7,012
True or False Game 9 hr Old Sam 610