|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>Oh yeah, counselor? What's "well-regulated militia" mean? What part of regulation are you not understanding? Show me the part where it LITERALLY says ANYTHING about "thwarting tyranny". Lord- I bet you're hell on the Bible too!
A well regulated militia simply means a well organized militia. Who makes up the militia? The citizens. Who organizes the militia? The leaders. Which are well prepared organized citizens.
Read the amendment. Does it say a well regulated militia has the right to keep and bear arms? No. It says The People have the right to keep and bear arms.
Oh let's see, does being necessary to a free state sound familiar? Tyranny being the opposite of providing freedom.
Next!

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

Pappasmurf2252 wrote:
<quoted text>Behehehe
Thought you might like that.

“WE WON TOPIX! YAY!”

Since: Jun 09

Hoffman Estates, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

Dr-Sniper wrote:
<quoted text>
A well regulated militia simply means a well organized militia. Who makes up the militia? The citizens. Who organizes the militia? The leaders. Which are well prepared organized citizens.
Read the amendment. Does it say a well regulated militia has the right to keep and bear arms? No. It says The People have the right to keep and bear arms.
Oh let's see, does being necessary to a free state sound familiar? Tyranny being the opposite of providing freedom.
Next!
Wow. It's as if you were there when they wrote it!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>Wow. It's as if you were there when they wrote it!
As much as you were.

The difference is, I have no problem with reading comprehension.

“WE WON TOPIX! YAY!”

Since: Jun 09

Hoffman Estates, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

Dr-Sniper wrote:
<quoted text>
As much as you were.
The difference is, I have no problem with reading comprehension.
Well, now....sure you don't!

Good boy!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>Well, now....sure you don't!

Good boy!
Nice deflection after getting schooled.
Christ Allah Mighty

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>Well, now....sure you don't!
Good boy!
fifteen hours later and you're still all over topix
thats some no account, useless life you lead pete
you must be a shut in at an old folks mental ward
Force Majeure

Sweden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, he was found guilty
He was NOT found guilty, except in your imagination. Or perhaps you have proof that he was found guilty?
Pappasmurf2252 wrote:
<quoted text>
So instead of answering a question you are going to walk away. Like I said, you are nothing more than a coward. I've stood here and answered everything you've thrown at me like a man should. You cannot answer one simple question. You are one pathetic old man.
It must be passed your bed-time and you shouldn't be trying to debate on something you know nothing about anyway - especially not with adults. You've gone from absurd statments, to childish "come backs" and now on to outright pouting idiocy. Go to bed. Now!
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
I've buried bigger trolls than him - he knows not who he f*cks with.
A challenge/threat? Oh! I love a challenge! You can take first shot. Just make sure you've got your safety belt on so you don't fall off on the first turn. You've made a mistake, sonny boy.
Dr-Sniper wrote:
<quoted text>
.... for your purposes, 24-25 is a kid....
Not to mention, a kid is a goat,
I only said he is a kid. It's you who just said he's a goat. I thought you were his friend?
Force Majeure

Sweden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

Dr-Sniper wrote:
<quoted text>
That's all great, but has nothing to do with why we have the right to keep and bear arms.
The second amendment is unique in a few ways.
1. It is the only amendment that contains the phrase, "shall not be infringed". That is powerful. Infringed is defined as "to actively break the terms of" or "act so as to limit or undermine".
2. It is in place to allow the citizenry to unite and thwart tyranny. To do so, the citizens must have bearable arms on the same level of the military they could potentially face.
3. It protects the other amendments. It takes only a brief look at history to realize that if we lose our second amendment rights, the loss of the freedom of speech, freedom of religion, etc. are soon to follow.
I can see that you are stuggling with the English language.

Although "infringement" means what you say, you still haven't pegged down what EXACLTY it is that may not be infringed upon. You have failed utterly to define what "arms" consist of. You are spinning your wheels and going nowhere but round in a circle of your own making, based upon your own imagination.

And then there is your assertion that citizens should/ought/the right to have "bearable arms on the same level of the military"! Are you stipid? It actually says, "on the same level of the military"?

Turn of the TV. You've seen too many black and white films where people speak in lofty voices saying things like "the honourable senator from Indiana" and "this great country of ours" and "I urge you to view the big picture ...."

You are out of touch with reality.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Force Majeure wrote:
He was NOT found guilty, except in your imagination. Or perhaps you have proof that he was found guilty?

Pappasmurf2252 wrote, "<quoted text>
So instead of answering a question you are going to walk away. Like I said, you are nothing more than a coward. I've stood here and answered everything you've thrown at me like a man should. You cannot answer one simple question. You are one pathetic old man. "

It must be passed your bed-time and you shouldn't be trying to debate on something you know nothing about anyway - especially not with adults. You've gone from absurd statments, to childish "come backs" and now on to outright pouting idiocy. Go to bed. Now!

milwaukee69 wrote, "<quoted text>
I've buried bigger trolls than him - he knows not who he f*cks with."

A challenge/threat? Oh! I love a challenge! You can take first shot. Just make sure you've got your safety belt on so you don't fall off on the first turn. You've made a mistake, sonny boy.

Dr-Sniper wrote, "<quoted text>
.... for your purposes, 24-25 is a kid....
"

I only said he is a kid. It's you who just said he's a goat. I thought you were his friend?
https://www.google.com/search...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Force Majeure wrote:
I can see that you are stuggling with the English language.

Although "infringement" means what you say, you still haven't pegged down what EXACLTY it is that may not be infringed upon. You have failed utterly to define what "arms" consist of. You are spinning your wheels and going nowhere but round in a circle of your own making, based upon your own imagination.

And then there is your assertion that citizens should/ought/the right to have "bearable arms on the same level of the military"! Are you stipid? It actually says, "on the same level of the military"?

Turn of the TV. You've seen too many black and white films where people speak in lofty voices saying things like "the honourable senator from Indiana" and "this great country of ours" and "I urge you to view the big picture ...."

You are out of touch with reality.
in·fringe
/inˈfrinj/
Verb
Actively break the terms of (a law, agreement, etc.): "infringe a copyright".
Act so as to limit or undermine (something); encroach on: "infringe on his privacy".
Synonyms
violate - transgress - break - contravene - trespass

Arm
1. A weapon, especially a firearm.

[From Middle English armes, weapons, from Old French, pl. of arme, weapon, from Latin arma, weapons; see ar- in Indo-European roots. V., Middle English armen, from Old French armer, from Latin armre, from arma.]

https://www.google.com/search...

“30yrs in this garbage state ”

Level 2

Since: May 10

sheeple country USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

Denny Crain wrote:
<quoted text>People get real big and tough behind those keyboards
As well as behind the guns, Hence only cowards need guns.

All I see in this thread is true cowards.

Level 2

sheeple country USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

-Popeye- wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't seem like you appreciate or know your constitution and the freedoms it gives you.
It's not the gun that kills. It is the person who is holding the gun. Most gun owners are not into street fighting or any kind of fighting unless it is to defend oneself. It has nothing to do with being a "coward".
How old are you?
Has everything to do with being cowards.

Though I do agree, it is the MORON behind the gun that kills and is the problem.

Not the gun.

Level 2

sheeple country USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Dr-Sniper wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny, last I checked, 18 is considered adult. 18 is old enough to vote. 18 is old enough to purchase a long gun. 18 is old enough to die for this country. 21 is old enough to purchase and consume alcohol. 21 is old enough to purchase a handgun.
Yet for your purposes, 24-25 is a kid. Kind of shows where your realm of reality lies.
Nice, love the way ya stated this.

Level 1

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

Force Majeure wrote:
You are sadly mistaken. I've made numerous attempts to debate this subject with you but instead of answering my question, you attack my character by calling me a child, a kid, etc. You are utterly disrespectful so I call it like a see it. I tried to have a discussion but you decided you would resort to mud slinging instead of facing the topic at hand. Where did you say you were from again? It appears you are not actually in Sweden due to the fact that your last post was around midnight my time and you stated it was past my bedtime. I'm thinking you are actually from Mississippi as well and you have been kicks off Topix so many times that you are hiding under an alias rather than creating a profile. If you want to have a discussion, do so. Don't resort to childish retorts because you do not possess the intelligence to carry on a conversation as an adult. It's sad as hell to think that a 25 year old "child" has a higher maturity level than someone who is supposedly a veteran. I'm done discussing anything with you because you are obviously set on avoiding the topic in which this forum is based on.
Cheese and Whine

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

30yrs wrote:
<quoted text>
As well as behind the guns, Hence only cowards need guns.
Then leave, there'll be one less.

Level 2

sheeple country USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

Cheese and Whine wrote:
<quoted text>Then leave, there'll be one less.
Be my guest and head out then.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

30yrs wrote:
<quoted text>As well as behind the guns, Hence only cowards need guns.

You wanting citizens disarmed and stripped of their rights is the true cowardice.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

30yrs wrote:
<quoted text>Has everything to do with being cowards.

Though I do agree, it is the MORON behind the gun that kills and is the problem.

Not the gun.
You are all over the place.

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

INFO: a summons to engage in active hostilities , a summons, invitation, or appeal to undertake a particular course of action

has nothing to do with firearms , but with conflict period

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••