beatlesinthebog

Christchurch, New Zealand

#149 Dec 30, 2012
Brandiiiiiiii wrote:
<quoted text>
I like Reebie, I find her hilarious.
And her picture is a helluva lot sexier!

“I call it as I see it.”

Level 8

Since: Jul 09

Retirement City

#150 Dec 30, 2012
African_shadows wrote:
<quoted text>
EXACTLY!!!
She is bullying me :(
And she's mean as hell as well!
In your culture, life appears to be much simpler and stressful than it is here in America. People do tend to be more combative than what you are used to in your country. I do enjoy reading your posts and only wish guns could become a less necessary part of our culture in America.

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#151 Dec 30, 2012
African_shadows wrote:
<quoted text>
YES! YES! YES!!!!!!!!
FINALLY SOMEBODY SEES IT MY WAY!
STRICT VERY STRICT GUN CONTROL IS THE ANSWER!
I liked this post so much that I awarded the poster associated Props!
You hear that everybody? If you post an anti-gun post, then I instantly award you Props and/or Positive judgeits!
However, I am not anti-gun. I'm anti-idiots with guns. There are no good reasons to own AR15's. They are not for hunting (animals) or home defense, neither activity you would need 30 round magazines for anyway. These a-holes who think they can revolt against a tyrannical government looking to make our glorious rich people pay 3% more in taxes just aren't right in the head and shouldn't be allowed around sharp objects, let alone high-powered, semi-automatic weapons. These weapons like the Bushmaster are the choice of nuts who want to kill a lot of people, quickly. That's all they're good for. Some of the people here forget that and that 20 little bodies and 6 adults were grotesquely destroyed because that rifle and those rounds were readily available to the kid who did this. Many here- like the NRA that represents the gun-makers- are happy that the massacre took place because in their warped minds it feeds and justifies their paranoia.

“Tequila time”

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#152 Dec 30, 2012
The fathers of today never taught their kids to fight with their hands. The kids also have no idea how to communicate (face to face) with eachother, due to technology. So they strike out in a way that is easiest for them and they hope they won't get hurt doing it.
All in all...kids today are pussies!
Take away the guns and phones and they will all sit in the gutters rotting away cuz they know nothing else.

“New & Improved..”

Level 8

Since: Oct 07

Formerly From Kenya

#153 Dec 30, 2012
African_shadows wrote:
Look at this sad reports :(
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countrie...
Gun violence in the US. smdh
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_violence_in_...
We have to do something to stop this..
How about we look at this sad report..

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/22/keny...

I guess your focus on America gun laws must blind you to the sword..

there are hundreds of these stories, from mama ...I'll spare posting them...

I believe it is time for you to look inward and worry about domestics.

A hypocritical logic ends at the mirror.

“To contract new debts...”

Level 6

Since: Apr 08

is not the way to pay old ones

#154 Dec 30, 2012
Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>However, I am not anti-gun. I'm anti-idiots with guns. There are no good reasons to own AR15's. They are not for hunting (animals) or home defense, neither activity you would need 30 round magazines for anyway. These a-holes who think they can revolt against a tyrannical government looking to make our glorious rich people pay 3% more in taxes just aren't right in the head and shouldn't be allowed around sharp objects, let alone high-powered, semi-automatic weapons. These weapons like the Bushmaster are the choice of nuts who want to kill a lot of people, quickly. That's all they're good for. Some of the people here forget that and that 20 little bodies and 6 adults were grotesquely destroyed because that rifle and those rounds were readily available to the kid who did this. Many here- like the NRA that represents the gun-makers- are happy that the massacre took place because in their warped minds it feeds and justifies their paranoia.
You may want to sit down here, I agree with you, to a point. You don't need a 30 round magazine for hunting, if you do then you need to find another sport. The .223 round however can and does be used by hunters. The magazine capacity and the military look are all that separate the AR15 from other .223 hunting rifles. As far as the ability to kill people quickly remember that the VA Tech shooter killed more people with two pistols, a Glock17 9mm and a Walther .22.

“Are We Having Fun Yet???”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

If Not, Why Not!!!

#155 Dec 30, 2012
Multi-layered probs are not sloved with "feel good" laws, bans and restrictions.

Mulit-layered probs need multi-layered answers and people need to look much deeper into our society to see what has gone terribly wrong.

http://www.viewzone.com/sociopath.html

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#156 Dec 30, 2012
Tiger Lilly wrote:
Multi-layered probs are not sloved with "feel good" laws, bans and restrictions.
Mulit-layered probs need multi-layered answers and people need to look much deeper into our society to see what has gone terribly wrong.
http://www.viewzone.com/sociopath.html
No one is going to take Lady Glock away from you.

It mightcould be that powerful, semi-auto rifles and high-capacity magazines and their easy availability *could* be a problem though. It couldn't hurt to amp up the FBI's BAU folks but, getting the WMD's of weaponry out of the equation would accomplish more.

Level 8

If Not, Why Not!!!

#157 Dec 30, 2012
Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>No one is going to take Lady Glock away from you.
It mightcould be that powerful, semi-auto rifles and high-capacity magazines and their easy availability *could* be a problem though. It couldn't hurt to amp up the FBI's BAU folks but, getting the WMD's of weaponry out of the equation would accomplish more.
Oh get an grip (no pun intended), you are not the first person to post that tripe to me.

Never once have I said that in public (or in private). Don't believe eveything you read and don't assume.....

BTW, her name is Ms. Glock. LOL

Did you even bother to read the link I posted???

Once again I post: this is a multi-layer prob with multi-layered solutions. Guns are one and only one of the issues. It's the way it's carried out not the reason it's carried out. If suddenly today, all guns by magic were to disappear from this plane of existence, people would find another way.Just as they did in days of old.....

Level 8

If Not, Why Not!!!

#158 Dec 30, 2012
A grip not an grip

Typos, don't you hate when that happens.....

“I call it as I see it.”

Level 8

Since: Jul 09

Retirement City

#159 Dec 30, 2012
Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>However, I am not anti-gun. I'm anti-idiots with guns. There are no good reasons to own AR15's. They are not for hunting (animals) or home defense, neither activity you would need 30 round magazines for anyway. These a-holes who think they can revolt against a tyrannical government looking to make our glorious rich people pay 3% more in taxes just aren't right in the head and shouldn't be allowed around sharp objects, let alone high-powered, semi-automatic weapons. These weapons like the Bushmaster are the choice of nuts who want to kill a lot of people, quickly. That's all they're good for. Some of the people here forget that and that 20 little bodies and 6 adults were grotesquely destroyed because that rifle and those rounds were readily available to the kid who did this. Many here- like the NRA that represents the gun-makers- are happy that the massacre took place because in their warped minds it feeds and justifies their paranoia.
I agree wholeheartedly with your post. I am not anti-firearms myself. All I do is question the need to own an assault weapon.

“ASPIRE 2 INSPIRE B4 U EXPIRE”

Level 8

Since: Jul 08

USA

#160 Dec 30, 2012
African_shadows wrote:
Well. Guns kill. I don't need one. Never have, never will. It's sad to see how human beings kill each other with guns. And guns are adored by Americans. We Kenyans maybe not at the same level as Americans but we will never have to fear or look over our shoulders because of a random gun attack in a cinema hall or in a school or church. I've heard a gun shot twice in my whole 27 years of living! If I were to conquer the world, I'd make America disarm. Only the Police and the military should have guns. PS: THE TRUTH HURTS, BUT IT MUST BE TOLD!
I already posted this to refute your assertion that there are no guns or gun deaths in Kenya, but here you go again.
Kenya Gun Facts, Figures and the Law
expand all collapse all
StockpilesGun Numbers
Civilian Guns
Compare
Number of Privately Owned Firearms
The estimated total number of guns held by civilians in Kenya is 40,0001
Compare
Rate of Civilian Firearm Possession per 100 Population
The rate of private gun ownership in Kenya is 6.42 firearms per 100 people
Compare
Number of Privately Owned Firearms - World Ranking
In a comparison of the number of privately owned guns in 178 countries, Kenya ranked at No. 611
Compare
Rate of Privately Owned Firearms per 100 Population - World Ranking
In a comparison of the rate of private gun ownership in 179 countries, Kenya ranked at No. 862
Compare
Number of Licensed Firearm Owners
The number of licensed gun owners in Kenya is reported to be 5,0003
Compare
Rate of Licensed Firearm Owners per 100 Population
The rate of licensed firearm owners in Kenya is 0.024 per 100 people
Compare
Number of Registered Firearms
The number of registered guns in Kenya is reported to be 6,4815
Compare
Rate of Registered Firearms per 100 Population
The rate of registered firearms per 100 people in Kenya is 0.024
Compare
Number of Privately Owned Rifles
In Kenya, the number of rifles in civilian possession is reported to be 1,1075
Compare
Number of Privately Owned Shotguns
In Kenya, the number of shotguns in civilian possession is reported to be 2,2005
Compare
Number of Privately Owned Handguns
There are reportedly 1,8725 handguns in civilian possession in Kenya
Compare
Estimated Number of Illicit Firearms
Unlawfully held guns cannot be counted, but in Kenya there are estimated to be 50,0006 to 130,00078

Gun Trade and Trafficking
Export Control
In Kenya, firearm and ammunition exports are limited by transfer control law 23 24 25
Compare
Small Arms Exports (US$)
The annual value of small arms and ammunition exports from Kenya is reported to be US$242,33826 (2009)
Import Control
In Kenya, firearm and ammunition imports are limited by transfer control law 23 27 24 28
Compare
Small Arms Imports (US$)
The annual value of small arms and ammunition imports to Kenya is reported to be US$4,350,31126 (2009)
Compare
Smuggling Guns and Ammunition
Reports suggest that the level of firearm and ammunition smuggling in Kenya is moderate29 30
Compare
Market Cost of an AK-47 Assault Rifle (US$)
The asking price for an AK-47 pattern assault weapon in Kenya is reported to be US$15031

Level 8

USA

#161 Dec 30, 2012
African_shadows wrote:
Wow. How stereotypic! I've never seen a hut! Never been inside one either. CNN and Hollywood are to blame for this negative perception of mother Africa. Smh.<quoted text>
Just like CNN and Hollywood are to blame for your skewed view of life in America. If all you know of us is what you see on the TV and in the theater, then you don't know jack.

Level 8

USA

#162 Dec 30, 2012
Brandiiiiiiii wrote:
<quoted text>
Who, what, when, where do you plan to have this speech? America is a big place and might not take kindly for a foreigners opinion that does not live here or is a citizen. I suggest you put your efforts toward your own country before trying to walk in someone else's backyard. Good luck with that!
Yeah, just ask Piers Morgan how much we appreciate furriners telling us how to run out country. LOL

Level 8

If Not, Why Not!!!

#163 Dec 30, 2012
REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
<quoted text>
Just like CNN and Hollywood are to blame for your skewed view of life in America. If all you know of us is what you see on the TV and in the theater, then you don't know jack.
So true.

Hollywood used to claim they mirrored society. They never have and they never will.

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Since: Jul 10

Rowlett Tx

#164 Dec 30, 2012
Ferrerman wrote:
A semi-auto .223 is used both for hunting and home defense. It is a low power not a high power cartridge. The size of the magazine makes little difference since a mag can be changed so fast. That is the problem with the last assault rifle ban. It was based on how guns look not how they function. There are also competition on military type rifles that are in semi auto only where a real military rifle is full auto

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Rowlett Tx

#165 Dec 30, 2012
Hunglo wrote:
<quoted text>
You may want to sit down here, I agree with you, to a point. You don't need a 30 round magazine for hunting, if you do then you need to find another sport. The .223 round however can and does be used by hunters. The magazine capacity and the military look are all that separate the AR15 from other .223 hunting rifles. As far as the ability to kill people quickly remember that the VA Tech shooter killed more people with two pistols, a Glock17 9mm and a Walther .22.
The last shooter also had 2 pistols and I still have not heard a source say that the people were killed with the rifle and not the pistol. Have the police released and reports???

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Rowlett Tx

#166 Dec 30, 2012
Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>No one is going to take Lady Glock away from you.
That is exactly what Nancy Palosi wants to do. The Glock is one of the guns she want to ban.

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Rowlett Tx

#167 Dec 30, 2012
flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>I agree wholeheartedly with your post. I am not anti-firearms myself. All I do is question the need to own an assault weapon.
ALL GUNS ARE ASSAULT WEAPON! Any gun can be used for good or bad. Guns that look like military weapons are not more dangerous than those that don't. A Henry rifle made in the 1870s can fire just as fast as a modern rifle and that Henry has a big magazine too

Level 9

Since: Aug 08

#168 Dec 30, 2012
I like guns.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 11 min replaytime 132,665
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 12 min Sarah 25,711
Mountain Lion Spotted in Backyard 16 min Sarah 11
Let's Play Song Titles With One Word? 27 min Princess Hey 314
4 Word Game (Use Same Letter) 28 min Dr Wu 236
Only Three Word (Nov '09) 29 min CJ Rocker 11,621
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 34 min Sarah 7,581
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 35 min wichita-rick 152,494
Is it possible to....... 1 hr Dr Wu 576
More from around the web