“To contract new debts...”

Level 6

Since: Apr 08

is not the way to pay old ones

#1477 Jan 24, 2013
Pappasmurf2252 wrote:
<quoted text>
This is true. We have our priorities so screwed up it is unbelievable. A lawyer embezzling money from his clients trust fund and a cold blooded murderer have the same terms? That's ridiculous. If you have been proven to take the life of another man outside of self defense you should not be set free again.
Why should we have to support them for 50 years in prison, One year on death row, one chance for appeal and then introduce them to Ol' Sparky.
phaines

Big Bear Lake, CA

#1478 Jan 24, 2013
Pappasmurf2252 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are seriously pathetic. I've answered you twice. You've yet to answer me. I'm attempting to ask you a question like an adult because I would truly like to know why someone opposed to the ownership of a firearm feels like I should not own one. You get on here making oppositions to firearms, someone asks you a question as to why you are opposed to them owning a firearm and you resort to child-like behavior. I you can't have a conversation with someone like an adult and refuse to answer their questions then do not get into a debate on a subject in which you have no knowledge.
"I would truly like to know why someone opposed to the ownership of a firearm feels like I should not own one."..........is it just me, or do most of the posters sound high?....lol

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

#1479 Jan 24, 2013
It's just you.
phaines

Big Bear Lake, CA

#1480 Jan 24, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
It's just you.
"I would truly like to know why someone opposed to the ownership of a firearm feels like I should not own one."....

that sounds like a logical question to you??....lol

Level 7

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#1481 Jan 24, 2013
Hunglo wrote:
<quoted text>
I too miss the days where you could disagree with your neighbor without the worry of being shot, stabbed, run over or whatever the latest and greatest means of taking your opponents life may be. The fact is that 30 years ago the population was just as well armed as it is today, if not more so, yet killings like what happened in Newtown, or VA Tech, or Columbine were virtually unheard of. They still happened, after all the first mass killing in a school actually happened in Delaware in 1764, but they were rare.
If, in fact, the percentage of the population that was armed is the same or even decreased, then what has changed? Society has changed and that is to blame, not gns. Guns are only an instrument.
Hard to imagine the increase in gun violence in television and films( recall when Sam Peckinpah was an oddity?).....along with the introduction of so many gun violent computer games are not responsible with some of these events.....Throw in so many young men that are now on prescription drugs.....Big Cultural and societal changes, just in the last 20-30 years.....

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

#1482 Jan 24, 2013
phaines wrote:
<quoted text>
"I would truly like to know why someone opposed to the ownership of a firearm feels like I should not own one."....
Try to understand one thing.

I wouldn't trust you or anybody with a ball of string, let alone a loaded gun.

Level 1

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#1483 Jan 24, 2013
phaines wrote:
<quoted text>"I would truly like to know why someone opposed to the ownership of a firearm feels like I should not own one."....

If you cannot answer the question you're just an idiot. It's plain and simple. If I were to tell you that I don't think you should own something, I would have a purpose behind thinking that. How in the hell is that hard to understand?

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Since: Jul 10

Rowlett Tx

#1484 Jan 24, 2013
phaines wrote:
<quoted text>
"I would truly like to know why someone opposed to the ownership of a firearm feels like I should not own one."..........is it just me, or do most of the posters sound high?....lol
I know lots of liberals who own guns. They just don't want other people to own a gun

Level 1

Location hidden

#1485 Jan 24, 2013
phaines wrote:
<quoted text>"I would truly like to know why someone opposed to the ownership of a firearm feels like I should not own one."..........is it just me, or do most of the posters sound high?....lol
Also, yes it is just you. That question isn't just some deep thinking, pot influenced thought process. It is a simple damn question that those opposed to gun ownership cannot give an answer to. They are programmed to be against guns whether it be by parents or by trying to be a "hipster". They can't give a definitive answer to their feelings.

Level 1

Location hidden

#1486 Jan 24, 2013
Hunglo wrote:
<quoted text>Why should we have to support them for 50 years in prison, One year on death row, one chance for appeal and then introduce them to Ol' Sparky.
Either or, make an example on a few and scare the hell out of the rest. We are to lenient towards our criminals. If we would stop babying them and start punishing them for their crimes, the rest would understand. The thought process would go from "well maybe, hopefully I won't get caught" to "hell naw, you know what happens to you if you get caught?"

Level 6

#1487 Jan 24, 2013
Pappasmurf2252 wrote:
<quoted text>
Either or, make an example on a few and scare the hell out of the rest. We are to lenient towards our criminals. If we would stop babying them and start punishing them for their crimes, the rest would understand. The thought process would go from "well maybe, hopefully I won't get caught" to "hell naw, you know what happens to you if you get caught?"
That's part of the problem, that and the fact that today's youth are not taught to fear consequences.

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#1488 Jan 24, 2013
Pappasmurf2252 wrote:
<quoted text>
This is true. We have our priorities so screwed up it is unbelievable. A lawyer embezzling money from his clients trust fund and a cold blooded murderer have the same terms? That's ridiculous. If you have been proven to take the life of another man outside of self defense you should not be set free again.
it does help to know law , before you judge it ???

Level 1

Location hidden

#1489 Jan 24, 2013
Hunglo wrote:
<quoted text>That's part of the problem, that and the fact that today's youth are not taught to fear consequences.
You are exactly right about that. I'm not old by any means, I'm 24 but it is amazing in how my generation acts and the way today's teens act. My father put the fear of God into me, I didn't need the law to do it. Someone had mentioned in an earlier post all the pills and everything we are feeding our youth to "moderate" their behavior. HA! There was a comedian I saw awhile back who said his teacher called home to his momma and said "Ma'am, we believe there is something wrong with your son, we think he may be retarded." His mother responded, "Send him on home, I bet he won't be retarded tomorrow."

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#1490 Jan 24, 2013
Hunglo wrote:
<quoted text>
I too miss the days where you could disagree with your neighbor without the worry of being shot, stabbed, run over or whatever the latest and greatest means of taking your opponents life may be. The fact is that 30 years ago the population was just as well armed as it is today, if not more so, yet killings like what happened in Newtown, or VA Tech, or Columbine were virtually unheard of. They still happened, after all the first mass killing in a school actually happened in Delaware in 1764, but they were rare.
If, in fact, the percentage of the population that was armed is the same or even decreased, then what has changed? Society has changed and that is to blame, not gns. Guns are only an instrument.
OH MAN! I post on this place called "Topix". It has any number of revenge-filled, unimaginable batsards that just want to kill EVERYONE! Liberals, blacks, Mexicans- everybody! Republicans didn't used to be like that but, BOY-OH-BOY THEY ARE NOW!!!! Everyone of them is an expert shot too! They'll tell tell ya! Each one is a constitutional reverencer! They can find the "right" to rebel against a Black president on the back of a can of soup!

So, yeah, things have changed a bit...

Level 1

Location hidden

#1491 Jan 24, 2013
Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>OH MAN! I post on this place called "Topix". It has any number of revenge-filled, unimaginable batsards that just want to kill EVERYONE! Liberals, blacks, Mexicans- everybody! Republicans didn't used to be like that but, BOY-OH-BOY THEY ARE NOW!!!! Everyone of them is an expert shot too! They'll tell tell ya! Each one is a constitutional reverencer! They can find the "right" to rebel against a Black president on the back of a can of soup!

Your ramblings make no sense.

Level 1

Location hidden

#1492 Jan 24, 2013
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>it does help to know law , before you judge it ???
Clear it up for me then please.

Level 6

#1493 Jan 24, 2013
Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>OH MAN! I post on this place called "Topix". It has any number of revenge-filled, unimaginable batsards that just want to kill EVERYONE! Liberals, blacks, Mexicans- everybody! Republicans didn't used to be like that but, BOY-OH-BOY THEY ARE NOW!!!! Everyone of them is an expert shot too! They'll tell tell ya! Each one is a constitutional reverencer! They can find the "right" to rebel against a Black president on the back of a can of soup!
And some things haven't changed at all, like the fact that you are a dumbass.

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#1494 Jan 24, 2013
LOL!!

“ASPIRE 2 INSPIRE B4 U EXPIRE”

Level 8

Since: Jul 08

USA

#1496 Jan 24, 2013
Pappasmurf2252 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are seriously pathetic. I've answered you twice. You've yet to answer me. I'm attempting to ask you a question like an adult because I would truly like to know why someone opposed to the ownership of a firearm feels like I should not own one. You get on here making oppositions to firearms, someone asks you a question as to why you are opposed to them owning a firearm and you resort to child-like behavior. I you can't have a conversation with someone like an adult and refuse to answer their questions then do not get into a debate on a subject in which you have no knowledge.
You will never get an answer from Horse manure, he is a troll. He delights in squatting on threads and disrupting them. He has no intention of answering you with anything except anger and filthy language filled with denouncements of the United States of America.
My advice is to forget him, shun him, ignore him and move on.

“ASPIRE 2 INSPIRE B4 U EXPIRE”

Level 8

Since: Jul 08

USA

#1497 Jan 24, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullsh*t...it's a CDC report you twit.
Next time use a link.
Dumbass.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countrie...
Why use a link, when many are afraid to open them, or don't want their own opinions threatened by informed posters.
I say that this is a free forum and he can post his info any way he chooses.
Move on

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Man murders wife, shows parents her body on webcam (Apr '11) 4 min juegoskizi 76
***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Jan '10) 6 min Judy 123 77,634
What's your tip for the day? 8 min liam cul8r 1,792
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 9 min Judy 123 40,704
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 9 min mixed up marital ... 25,444
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 15 min Judy 123 55,240
Is it possible to....... 19 min Suezanne 512
Merry Christmas Topix, Thanks For,...? 1 hr _Evil-_-Bill_ 69
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr _hellbilly_ 152,344
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 2 hr dragoon70056 37,715
Family Feud Contestant Knows Women Have To Be '... 3 hr Phyllis Schlafly ... 8