“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#1396 Jan 23, 2013
arctic wrote:
<quoted text>
There are basically two ways of explaining why a right to own guns belongs in the Bill of Rights. The first is that it's part of the assumed natural right to self-defence against other citizens. The second, increasingly the main line of argument by gun-rights advocates, is that's it's necessary to prevent governments from arrogating tyrannical powers to themselves. Hence the ready response of a pro-gun-rights New York Times reader to an editorial calling for a compromise on gun control
http://www.economist.com/blogs/democracyiname...
point out: that I have no disagreement with owning guns , only who/why and the second amendment isn't a license to rebel....

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#1397 Jan 23, 2013
arctic wrote:
http://saf.org/LawReviews/Stea rns1.htm
Our Second Amendment right to bear arms has its direct antecedent in the English Bill of Rights which compressed the various reasons for owning a firearm into a right as a result of the government's efforts to disarm its citizens.[5] Events in English history provided many of the seeds that would become the fruit that we know as our Constitutional rights, among them the right to bear arms.
huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum , wonder what I just said here

The English Bill of Rights 1689 emerged from a tempestuous period in English politics during which two issues were major sources of conflict: the authority of the King to govern without the consent of Parliament

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#1398 Jan 23, 2013
arctic wrote:
http://saf.org/LawReviews/Stea rns1.htm
Our Second Amendment right to bear arms has its direct antecedent in the English Bill of Rights which compressed the various reasons for owning a firearm into a right as a result of the government's efforts to disarm its citizens.[5] Events in English history provided many of the seeds that would become the fruit that we know as our Constitutional rights, among them the right to bear arms.
Then there is this:

http://truth-out.org/news/item/13890-the-seco...

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#1399 Jan 23, 2013
The earliest known United States shooting to happen on school property was the Pontiac's Rebellion school massacre on July 26, 1764, where four Lenape American Indians entered the schoolhouse near present-day Greencastle, Pennsylvania, shot and killed schoolmaster Enoch Brown, and killed nine or ten children (reports vary). Only three children survived.

not quite from within ... and as I recall history we were a British possession

“ASPIRE 2 INSPIRE B4 U EXPIRE”

Level 8

Since: Jul 08

USA

#1400 Jan 23, 2013
Pappasmurf2252 wrote:
If everyone would be so kind as to help me out a second. I've asked Force Majeure why he believes I should not own a firearm and he claims my question to be vague. I don't believe the question is vague at all. He claims I shouldn't own a firearm but will not answer why he believes I shouldn't. Do you all understand the question?
It is perfectly understood by anyone with a scintilla of intelligence. Unfortunately, Horse manure is sadly lacking in that department. He deflects and tries desperately to change the subject by attacking and making false claims, even changing a persons post when he replies. He is jealous of the people of America and hates the American military and all that America stands for.
He will never answer your question, because it gives him too much pleasure to play his stupid games.

“To contract new debts...”

Level 6

Since: Apr 08

is not the way to pay old ones

#1401 Jan 23, 2013
tallyho wrote:
The earliest known United States shooting to happen on school property was the Pontiac's Rebellion school massacre on July 26, 1764, where four Lenape American Indians entered the schoolhouse near present-day Greencastle, Pennsylvania, shot and killed schoolmaster Enoch Brown, and killed nine or ten children (reports vary). Only three children survived.
not quite from within ... and as I recall history we were a British possession
On May 18, 1927, Andrew Philip Kehoe killed 44 people, including himself and his wife (38 were children), and wounded 58 when he planted bombs in the basement of the Bath Consolidated School in Bath Township in Michigan. The death toll would have been much higher but the explosives in one wing of the school failed to detonate.

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#1402 Jan 23, 2013
Hunglo wrote:
<quoted text>
On May 18, 1927, Andrew Philip Kehoe killed 44 people, including himself and his wife (38 were children), and wounded 58 when he planted bombs in the basement of the Bath Consolidated School in Bath Township in Michigan. The death toll would have been much higher but the explosives in one wing of the school failed to detonate.
and the klan burned and bombed how many , but isn't this about guns ,,,and I'm positive we frown upon bombing

“To contract new debts...”

Level 6

Since: Apr 08

is not the way to pay old ones

#1403 Jan 23, 2013
If the propane bombs set in the cafeteria at Columbine had gone off as planned the death toll would have been in the hundreds, fortunately they did not detonate.
It is not the weapon, it is the mindset of the perpetrators that is the issue. Most mass killers do not plan to survive their attacks, which makes them scarily similar to suicide bombers. I ask myself what if Adam Lanza had been born in Lebanon or the Palestinian territories? Would he still be alive or splattered all over a bus stop in Jerusalem? I think the later, only in that case he would have had a cause to blame.

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#1404 Jan 23, 2013
Is that why Obama is giving jet fighters, tanks and weaponry to muslim extremists in Egypt?

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#1405 Jan 23, 2013
The folks in Rosewood might have liked a fighting chance against the klan. Gun control was used to protect the klan from its victims. Gun control is racist.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#1406 Jan 23, 2013
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>you are right , the 1st time , but what does that have to do with a gun////

I had a red ryder when I was 10

but why would you chose to embarrass yourself...

inimum Age to Purchase & Possess in Vermont
Posted on January 1, 2012

Vermont law allows any person age 16 or older to possess a handgun without the consent of a parent or guardian.1 There is no minimum age to possess a rifle or shotgun in Vermont.

Vermont law allows firearm sales to anyone age 16 or older.

PERHAPS YOU CAN TELL THE STATE OF VERMONT YOU BELIEVE THEY ARE JOKING
I didn't embarrass myself. I don't have a problem with Vermont 's laws.

Location hidden

#1407 Jan 23, 2013
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>anti-gun hasn't a damn thing to do with the second, I'm anti-Jet and Rex Ryan but that doesn't change coaches

when you have a point please try to point it out
Re-read my post. You'll see that you are out in left field.
I didn't say anti anything had to do with the second. I said since infringement upon the right of the people to keep and bear arms, anti gunners are set for disappointment.

Location hidden

#1408 Jan 23, 2013
Pappasmurf2252 wrote:
<quoted text>Welcome doc. Glad to see someone else sees Force skirting around the question. Notice he still hasn't given an answer.
Thanks. Agreed.

Location hidden

#1409 Jan 23, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>And...if you're stupid enough to believe the government is going to take away your guns, then all hope is lost.
So with 300,000,000 guns already in the US, how do the progressives propose to decrease gun availability by simply banning new sales?

It's all just a stepping stone.

Location hidden

#1410 Jan 23, 2013
Pappasmurf2252 wrote:
<quoted text>Alright, Denny. Lets not start a race war on here as well. That was uncalled for. If you want to make a statement like that have a documented source just like everyone else on has on here. We are discussing guns, not race.
The FBI statistics on gun crime. It breaks gun crime down into race. It backs Deny's claim.

Location hidden

#1411 Jan 23, 2013
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>I don't believe most of us are saying that , we are talking about stricter restrictions to have a gun ,

that is why they are called criminals because they have no respect for the laws...
How are those stricter restrictions not infringement of the right to keep and bear arms?

Location hidden

#1412 Jan 23, 2013
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>one thing about a gun it isn't prejudice .... that isn't a very smart response sir
Facts bother you?

Level 1

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#1413 Jan 23, 2013
Naughtyrobot wrote:
Is that why Obama is giving jet fighters, tanks and weaponry to muslim extremists in Egypt?
Provide proof if you want to make those type of allegations.

Level 1

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#1414 Jan 23, 2013
Naughtyrobot wrote:
The folks in Rosewood might have liked a fighting chance against the klan. Gun control was used to protect the klan from its victims. Gun control is racist.
Ok, you need to leave this forum. You are making completely bogus accusations with absolutely no sources. You are doing nothing but trying to stir up a race war.

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#1415 Jan 23, 2013
Dr-Sniper wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't embarrass myself. I don't have a problem with Vermont 's laws.
why a BB gun ? no prob should have equate to no comment

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why is Topix Viewership Increasing? (Dec '13) 10 min Independent1 75
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 13 min wichita-rick 151,168
Life is incomplete without ..... (what?) (Feb '14) 26 min Wolftracks 593
California Burger King employee finds $100,000 32 min wichita-rick 2
Iowa woman locked up after locked out of home 33 min TALLYHO 8541 11
Man attaches lamb chop to balloon, sends it int... 45 min wichita-rick 3
A To Z Of Movies (Sep '12) 1 hr CJ Rocker 4,202
Passengers Push Russian Airplane Stuck In Ice 1 hr wichita-rick 14
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 1 hr wichita-rick 24,016
Ferguson Grand Jury Reaches Decision 2 hr FTW Forever 335