“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#1248 Jan 22, 2013
let me help you think this out a tad...
I said I enlisted at 17 years of age [the draft was still in effect] so enlisted , yes my guardian signed for me .....

one did not get a social security # until 16 or if you worked before ,[working papers were required]

I graduated in 57 and enlisted in Sept. of 57 too young for Korea ... neighbor her 5 sons all went to Korea .they all survived [one saw Chosen Reservoir]... all were Marines , where I was born we all joined the Marine Corps

parents met on the boat , DAD escape the Nazis death camps by pure luck but his family , my heritage were ... MOM her and her 5 brothers fled Mussolini all five were D-day

3 instant dead

Level 7

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#1249 Jan 22, 2013
Bet this thread was actually started by someone from the Pro-Gun side of the debate, just to start an argument.....
Force Majeure

Stockholm, Sweden

#1250 Jan 22, 2013
REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
<quoted text>
He really does not have a problem with gun ownership, he is just Horse Manure and he gets his jollies being anti anything that has to do with America, especially her military. He wants nothing but death and destruction for our service men and women. He takes great pleasure in posting anything he can find that shows our military in a negative light, or shows one of ours dying or wounded. Since we are a gun owning society, guaranteed by our founding documents, he goes after anyone who espouses the right to own guns.
Being you must be very frustrating for you, RedButt. Mummy and Daddy no longer around to make your decisions for you? Hmmm?

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#1251 Jan 22, 2013
Force Majeure wrote:
<quoted text>
So it's a hoax from start to finish? That's a beaut!
I didn't know it was a hoax but just the fact that it was introduced into this thread in such lofty tones of insight from a military "lifer" was enough to make me laugh. Not that I have anything against career men, but he'd be one of the last persons I'd trust when it comes to supporting the use of weapons. Of course saying that arming everyone is a sign of higher "civilization"!!!!! Well! You can't help but laugh!
yes .... it was an essay used in college ....

Level 1

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#1252 Jan 22, 2013
Force Majeure wrote:
<quoted text>Being you must be very frustrating for you, RedButt. Mummy and Daddy no longer around to make your decisions for you? Hmmm?
I'm sorry my question is to hard for you to understand. You are against civilians owning guns. What do you have against me being in possession of a firearm? I really cannot be any more clear.

Level 1

Location hidden

#1253 Jan 22, 2013
Force Majeure wrote:
<quoted text>Being you must be very frustrating for you, RedButt. Mummy and Daddy no longer around to make your decisions for you? Hmmm?
Do you understand my question now or do I need to dumb it down for you a little more?

Level 1

Location hidden

#1254 Jan 22, 2013
Well? Do you? I'm waiting.

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#1255 Jan 22, 2013
doesn't one have the right to be anti-gun just as much as one claims their 2nd ....

Level 1

Location hidden

#1256 Jan 22, 2013
tallyho wrote:
doesn't one have the right to be anti-gun just as much as one claims their 2nd ....
I agree with you on that but the issue isn't one being anti gun or not. It's the fact that people like Force Majeure look at and talk to those of us that believe we have the right to own guns like we are complete animals. I want an answer from him as to why I directly should not own a gun. I'm not a violent man. I will use my gun on another human being as an ABSOLUTE last resort. My firearms are physically used solely to supply my family with food. I don't blast those who DON'T believe we should possess firearms so why do it to us?

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#1257 Jan 22, 2013
Pappasmurf2252 wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you on that but the issue isn't one being anti gun or not. It's the fact that people like Force Majeure look at and talk to those of us that believe we have the right to own guns like we are complete animals. I want an answer from him as to why I directly should not own a gun. I'm not a violent man. I will use my gun on another human being as an ABSOLUTE last resort. My firearms are physically used solely to supply my family with food. I don't blast those who DON'T believe we should possess firearms so why do it to us?
in a way my fault I stepped in on the tail end of an ongoing dialogue.. me I did my trigger time ...

but people who have to build excuses to claim the second , well I leave it be

“ASPIRE 2 INSPIRE B4 U EXPIRE”

Level 8

Since: Jul 08

USA

#1258 Jan 22, 2013
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
yes .... it was an essay used in college ....
Regardless of who authored it, it is still a very compelling argument against the stripping of the right of the people to be armed.
Now I await with bated breath your attack on my verbiage and the words banned and rights. Have at it judge.

Level 8

USA

#1259 Jan 22, 2013
tallyho wrote:
Absolutely, but your rights and believes does not negate my rights and beliefs. Your right to your beliefs and viewpoint does not give you the right to belittle the opposition, or berate them or use derogatory terms to describe them, any more than it does for me to do the same. Your viewpoint is not superior to mine or anyone elses, it is just your viewpoint.

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#1260 Jan 22, 2013
REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
<quoted text>
Regardless of who authored it, it is still a very compelling argument against the stripping of the right of the people to be armed.
Now I await with bated breath your attack on my verbiage and the words banned and rights. Have at it judge.
what does matter is that you portrayed it as a member of the military ... not that a member can't .... once again you lose the point ... another person told you that a military person didn't structured the essay and what did you call him

on the other thread you said : I change my mind when confronted with supportive evidence well here it is again

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#1261 Jan 22, 2013
REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely, but your rights and believes does not negate my rights and beliefs. Your right to your beliefs and viewpoint does not give you the right to belittle the opposition, or berate them or use derogatory terms to describe them, any more than it does for me to do the same. Your viewpoint is not superior to mine or anyone elses, it is just your viewpoint.
and of course you don't do that ... you are getting so confused ?????

tell me how did negate your opinion get in here????

because you need a crutch I don't

hippie redneck .....good thing that isn't derogatory

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Since: Jul 10

Rowlett Tx

#1262 Jan 22, 2013
REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
<quoted text>
Lots of schools districts are considering teachers with CCL to be allowed to carry. Would you rather have one cop in school or no one knows how many armed CCL folks :)Just the idea that there might be people there with guns will stop the mass shootings.
Force Majeure

Stockholm, Sweden

#1263 Jan 22, 2013
tallyho wrote:
one did not get a social security # until 16 or if you worked before ...
I see. But wasn't some sort of ID (like birth certicate) necessary that would prove one's age?
tallyho wrote:
I graduated in 57 and enlisted in Sept. of 57 ... where I was born we all joined the Marine Corps
I don't remember what my preferrence was. I'm sure it was either the Marine Corps or the Air Force. The Army wasn't my first choice anyway, but because 2 of my friends sighned up for the Army, I did too. We all went in on the "buddy plan", as stupid as we were. What I didn't know was that it was also possible to "volunteer for the draft" which would have been only 2 years - instead of 3.
tallyho wrote:
... parents met on the boat ...
I met a whole lot of Italian-Americans when I was living in the U.S. Most of them loved to say they "met on the boat". I got the impression it was considered the most romantic thing one could do. Is it true in your parents' case? They also liked to say that when the family "came over from It'ly" half the family went into the Mafia and the other half not. I heard that so many times. There's actually a guy living here from New York (Italian parents) and he told me the very same thing!

Level 8

USA

#1264 Jan 22, 2013
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
what does matter is that you portrayed it as a member of the military ... not that a member can't .... once again you lose the point ... another person told you that a military person didn't structured the essay and what did you call him
on the other thread you said : I change my mind when confronted with supportive evidence well here it is again
Like I said, I don't care who said it, I agree with the premise and the overall argument the author used. As to the other poster, he is a total tool and has been stalking me all over topix, because I betrayed his trust, so I don't give a rats azz what he says or does or thinks.

Level 1

Location hidden

#1265 Jan 22, 2013
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>in a way my fault I stepped in on the tail end of an ongoing dialogue.. me I did my trigger time ...

but people who have to build excuses to claim the second , well I leave it be
Who built an excuse?

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#1266 Jan 22, 2013
Redneck is a derogatory slang term used in reference to poor, uneducated white farmers, especially from the southern United States

Hippie a person who opposes and rejects many of the conventional standards and customs of society, especially one who advocates extreme liberalism in sociopolitical attitudes

great sobriquet ..... fits you well
Force Majeure

Stockholm, Sweden

#1267 Jan 22, 2013
Pappasmurf2252 wrote:
<quoted text>
I want an answer from him as to why I directly should not own a gun.
As I've already told you ..... there is no answer to an absurdly based question. If you cannot find your way to being more sensible then we are through here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is it possible to....... 2 min AliceBlue 565
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 3 min Jennifer Renee 7,569
Post "any three words" (Sep '12) 4 min andet1987 1,085
*add A word / drop a word* (Nov '12) 4 min Sarah 9,233
The Letter T (Dec '11) 7 min Wolftracks 2,412
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 7 min D Valens 152,473
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 7 min Sarah 6,868
Merry Christmas Topix, Thanks For,...? 10 min Sarah 131
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 24 min Sam 25,674
Let's Play Song Titles With One Word? 26 min johnny belinda 275