Force Majeure

Stockholm, Sweden

#1227 Jan 21, 2013
tallyho wrote:
one state law:.........
Section 4008. Possession of firearms by children A child under the age of sixteen years shall not, without the consent of his parents or guardian, have in his possession or control a pistol or revolver constructed or designed for the use of gunpowder or other explosive substance with leaden ball or shot. A child who violates a provision of this section shall be deemed a delinquent child under the provisions of chapter 11 of Title 33.
In this case then children that have reached 16 years of age have the right to own such weapons. That means that 16 year-olds are too young to vote, too young to drink, too young for sex(?) but not only old enough to shoot someone to death, but even old enough to make the decision to do it. Plus (without the benefit of knowing the other sections, chapters and titles) one is to believe that children under the age of 16 may own pistols or revolvers as long as the parents are stupid enough to give consent?

Then there is the question of consent being given "under 16". Below 16 and down to what age is the consent of a parent OK?
Force Majeure

Stockholm, Sweden

#1228 Jan 21, 2013
EDIT* ..... as long as the parents are F-ing stupid enough to give consent.

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#1229 Jan 21, 2013
Force Majeure wrote:
<quoted text>
In this case then children that have reached 16 years of age have the right to own such weapons. That means that 16 year-olds are too young to vote, too young to drink, too young for sex(?) but not only old enough to shoot someone to death, but even old enough to make the decision to do it. Plus (without the benefit of knowing the other sections, chapters and titles) one is to believe that children under the age of 16 may own pistols or revolvers as long as the parents are stupid enough to give consent?
Then there is the question of consent being given "under 16". Below 16 and down to what age is the consent of a parent OK?
did you know that 14 year old fought in the American Wars

Vermont their state ,their house , their rules

“ASPIRE 2 INSPIRE B4 U EXPIRE”

Level 8

Since: Jul 08

USA

#1230 Jan 21, 2013
THE BEST WORDED PRO-GUN ARGUMENT I HAVE EVER READ

As the Supreme Court heard arguments for and against the Chicago , IL Gun
Ban, this man offered you another stellar example of a letter (written by a
Marine), that places the proper perspective on what a gun means to a
civilized society.

Interesting take and one you don't hear much.

Read this eloquent and profound letter and pay close attention to the last
paragraph of the letter.

"The Gun Is Civilization" by Maj. L. Caudill USMC (Ret)

Human beings only have two ways to deal with one another: reason and force.
If you want me to do something for you, you have a choice of either
convincing me via argument, or force me to do your bidding under threat of
force. Every human interaction falls into one of those two categories,
without exception.

Reason or force, that's it.

In a truly moral and civilized society, people exclusively interact through
persuasion. Force has no place as a valid method of social interaction and
the only thing that removes force from the menu is the personal firearm, as
paradoxical as it may sound to some.

When I carry a gun, you cannot deal with me by force. You have to use reason
and try to persuade me, because I have a way to negate your threat or
employment of force.

The gun is the only personal weapon that puts a 100-pound woman on equal
footing with a 220-pound mugger, a 75-year old retiree on equal footing with
a 19-year old gang banger, and a single guy on equal footing with a carload
of drunken guys with baseball bats.

The gun removes the disparity in physical strength, size, or numbers between
a potential attacker and a defender.

There are plenty of people who consider the gun as the source of bad force
equations. These are the people who think that we'd be more civilized if all
guns were removed from society, because a firearm makes it easier for a
[armed] mugger to do his job. That, of course, is only true if the mugger's
potential victims are mostly disarmed either by choice or by legislative
fiat--it has no validity when most of a mugger's potential marks are armed.

People who argue for the banning of arms ask for automatic rule by the
young, the strong, and the many, and that's the exact opposite of a
civilized society. A mugger, even an armed one, can only make a successful
living in a society where the state has granted him a force monopoly.

Then there's the argument that the gun makes confrontations lethal that
otherwise would only result in injury. This argument is fallacious in
several ways. Without guns involved, confrontations are won by the
physically superior party inflicting overwhelming injury on the loser.

People who think that fists, bats, sticks, or stones don't constitute lethal
force, watch too much TV, where people take beatings and come out of it with
a bloody lip at worst. The fact that the gun makes lethal force easier works
solely in favor of the weaker defender, not the stronger attacker. If both
are armed, the field is level.

The gun is the only weapon that's as lethal in the hands of an octogenarian
as it is in the hands of a weight lifter. It simply wouldn't work as well as
a force equalizer if it wasn't both lethal and easily employable.

When I carry a gun, I don't do so because I am looking for a fight, but
because I'm looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot
be forced, only persuaded. I don't carry it because I'm afraid, but because
it enables me to be unafraid. It doesn't limit the actions of those who
would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would
do so by force. It removes force from the equation... and that's why
carrying a gun is a civilized act.

By Maj. L. Caudill USMC (Ret.)

So, the greatest civilization is one where all citizens are equally armed
and can only be persuaded, never forced.
Force Majeure

Stockholm, Sweden

#1231 Jan 21, 2013
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
did you know that 14 year old fought in the American Wars
I assume you mean during the Revolutionary and Civil War. As I remember it, 18 was later the legal age to join the Army without parent's consent (which I think was 17) although there were those who "lied about their age". I joined at 18 years old. However, it wasn't until right after I turned 19 that I was sent to Vietnam. I went first to Oakland Army Terminal to wait my port call. There was a guy on permanent guard duty in the evenings. He was 18, had his orders for Vietnam but had to wait untill his 19th. birthday before they could "legally" ship him over - at least that's what he told me.
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>Vermont their state ,their house , their rules
I understand.
Force Majeure

Stockholm, Sweden

#1232 Jan 21, 2013
REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
THE BEST WORDED PRO-GUN ARGUMENT I HAVE EVER READ As the Supreme Court heard arguments for and against the Chicago , IL Gun Ban, this man offered you another stellar example of a letter (written by a Marine), that places the proper perspective on what a gun means to a civilized society.
By Maj. L. Caudill USMC (Ret.)

So, the greatest civilization is one where all citizens are equally armed
A retired Military Major supporting guns????? Ho-ho!
That's like a pedophile saying he thinks that children should roam the streets in the nude, RedButt.
REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
Interesting take and one you don't hear much.
Of course you don't hear it much, Bonzo. It is such a load of crap that even your most fanatical gun nuts are embarrassed to hear it.

Here is the CORRECT ANSWER to the question of Gun Control:
The greatest civilization is one where all citizens are equally UN-armed. You may quote me, RedButt.

Level 8

USA

#1233 Jan 21, 2013
Force Majeure wrote:
<quoted text>
A retired Military Major supporting guns.
If you had an I.Q. three points higher, you might be as intelligent as a rock.

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#1234 Jan 22, 2013
Force Majeure wrote:
<quoted text>
I assume you mean during the Revolutionary and Civil War. As I remember it, 18 was later the legal age to join the Army without parent's consent (which I think was 17) although there were those who "lied about their age". I joined at 18 years old. However, it wasn't until right after I turned 19 that I was sent to Vietnam. I went first to Oakland Army Terminal to wait my port call. There was a guy on permanent guard duty in the evenings. He was 18, had his orders for Vietnam but had to wait untill his 19th. birthday before they could "legally" ship him over - at least that's what he told me.
<quoted text>
I understand.
huuuuuuuuuuuum interesting indeed ...I was 17 when I enlisted ,,, was approached by CIA while in scout/sniper

didn't make Nam til 1960... enlisted in 57 ... but I have about a two year investigation for a tsII clearance , POP/MOM directly from Poland/Italy so the age never occurred to me

one sad part of any rebellion, any where, age doesn't make a
diff....

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#1235 Jan 22, 2013
you are correct..........

The Mythical Major Caudill. Posted by David Hardy 25 May 2009 11:05 AM.... but attributed to an apparently mythical "Maj. L. Caudill USMC (Ret.)."

“To contract new debts...”

Level 6

Since: Apr 08

is not the way to pay old ones

#1236 Jan 22, 2013
Interesting fact. New Hampshire has more fully automatic weapons per capita than any other state, rates 16th in overall gun ownership and yet has the 47th lowest instance of gun violence.

http://www.fosters.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article...

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2010/06...

http://www.statemaster.com/graph/cri_gun_vio_...

Level 1

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#1237 Jan 22, 2013
Force Majeure wrote:
<quoted text>A retired Military Major supporting guns????? Ho-ho!
That's like a pedophile saying he thinks that children should roam the streets in the nude, RedButt.

REDNECK HIPPIE wrote, "Interesting take and one you don't hear much."

Of course you don't hear it much, Bonzo. It is such a load of crap that even your most fanatical gun nuts are embarrassed to hear it.

Here is the CORRECT ANSWER to the question of Gun Control:
The greatest civilization is one where all citizens are equally UN-armed. You may quote me, RedButt.
Quick question, why do you have an issue with ME owning a firearm? Not in general, lets speak directly here.

“If it ain't broke don't fix it”

Level 9

Since: Jul 09

Arcadia, LA.

#1239 Jan 22, 2013
Force Majeure wrote:
<quoted text>
Having their wife, their son, their daughter, brother, sister, father, mother, grandfather, grandmother, neighbour, or themselves splattered all of the walls of the post office, bank, church, cinema, shopping mall, kindergarten, primary school, high school, college, university - or getting smeared all over the cross walk in a "drive-by" or "gimme your wallet" stick up. THAT'S WHAT YOUR COUNTRYMEN ARE ALL AFRAID OF.
These are everyday occurances in the U.S.
Violent shootout in Sweden. Bank robbers armed with "assault" rifles. Hypocrite.

http://www.therightscoop.com/gun-violence-in-...
Force Majeure

Stockholm, Sweden

#1240 Jan 22, 2013
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
huuuuuuuuuuuum interesting indeed ...I was 17 when I enlisted ,,, was approached by CIA while in scout/sniper
didn't make Nam til 1960... enlisted in 57 ... but I have about a two year investigation for a tsII clearance , POP/MOM directly from Poland/Italy so the age never occurred to me
one sad part of any rebellion, any where, age doesn't make a
diff....
Really? You joined up at 17? But didn't you need your parents' consent? I'm sure the age was 18 (without parental consent) back in the mid 60's which was when I enlisted. There were always the stories about guys "lying about their age" but I don't know how that could work. I'm sure the Army knew your social security number. Of course there were also stories about young guys commiting a felony and given the choice between prison or the Army. You're not one of those ar you?

Did you go to Korea? The forgotten war.

So your parents are Polish/Italian. I have to smile. It's funny how Catholics "stick together". Poles, Italians, and Irish in particular. I'm Catholic myself and my wife is from Slovakia - yep, Catholic too.

Level 8

USA

#1241 Jan 22, 2013
Pappasmurf2252 wrote:
<quoted text>
Quick question, why do you have an issue with ME owning a firearm? Not in general, lets speak directly here.
He really does not have a problem with gun ownership, he is just Horse Manure and he gets his jollies being anti anything that has to do with America, especially her military. He wants nothing but death and destruction for our service men and women. He takes great pleasure in posting anything he can find that shows our military in a negative light, or shows one of ours dying or wounded. Since we are a gun owning society, guaranteed by our founding documents, he goes after anyone who espouses the right to own guns.

Level 1

Location hidden

#1242 Jan 22, 2013
Force Majeure wrote:
<quoted text>Really? You joined up at 17? But didn't you need your parents' consent? I'm sure the age was 18 (without parental consent) back in the mid 60's which was when I enlisted. There were always the stories about guys "lying about their age" but I don't know how that could work. I'm sure the Army knew your social security number. Of course there were also stories about young guys commiting a felony and given the choice between prison or the Army. You're not one of those ar you?

Did you go to Korea? The forgotten war.

So your parents are Polish/Italian. I have to smile. It's funny how Catholics "stick together". Poles, Italians, and Irish in particular. I'm Catholic myself and my wife is from Slovakia - yep, Catholic too.
I'm waiting on an answer. What do you have against my owning a gun?

Level 1

Location hidden

#1243 Jan 22, 2013
REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
<quoted text>He really does not have a problem with gun ownership, he is just Horse Manure and he gets his jollies being anti anything that has to do with America, especially her military. He wants nothing but death and destruction for our service men and women. He takes great pleasure in posting anything he can find that shows our military in a negative light, or shows one of ours dying or wounded. Since we are a gun owning society, guaranteed by our founding documents, he goes after anyone who espouses the right to own guns.
I've noticed. I'm still waiting for an answer to my question. I want to know what he has directly against my owning a firearm.
Force Majeure

Stockholm, Sweden

#1244 Jan 22, 2013
tallyho wrote:
you are correct..........
The Mythical Major Caudill. Posted by David Hardy 25 May 2009 11:05 AM.... but attributed to an apparently mythical "Maj. L. Caudill USMC (Ret.)."
So it's a hoax from start to finish? That's a beaut!

I didn't know it was a hoax but just the fact that it was introduced into this thread in such lofty tones of insight from a military "lifer" was enough to make me laugh. Not that I have anything against career men, but he'd be one of the last persons I'd trust when it comes to supporting the use of weapons. Of course saying that arming everyone is a sign of higher "civilization"!!!!! Well! You can't help but laugh!
Force Majeure

Stockholm, Sweden

#1245 Jan 22, 2013
Pappasmurf2252 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't understand your question. It sounds like another "leading question" formulated upon an "absurd basis" so you'll have to be more specific.
Force Majeure

Stockholm, Sweden

#1246 Jan 22, 2013
Pappasmurf2252 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm waiting on an answer. What do you have against my owning a gun?
You said it was a "quick question" but my answer can only be had once I've had a "quick read". I normally reply in the cronical order it is sumitted. Your question was not first.

Do you understand?
Force Majeure

Stockholm, Sweden

#1247 Jan 22, 2013
Well? Do you? I'm waiting.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Merry Christmas Topix, Thanks For,...? 4 min Word by Word 101
last word/first word. (Apr '12) 7 min toad4754 5,152
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 7 min MikeF 131,902
Obama issued 3000 new rules 9 min Hoosier Hillbilly 1
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 9 min toad4754 7,502
Add a word and drop a word (Jan '14) 10 min andet1987 1,939
CHANGE One letter CHANCE (Sep '08) 17 min andet1987 29,982
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 21 min Princess Hey 152,389
"OLD SAYINGS" - - - Feel free to post them here... 30 min ABERRANT 61
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 1 hr Sublime1 25,505