“To contract new debts...”

Level 6

Since: Apr 08

is not the way to pay old ones

#1187 Jan 16, 2013
Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

vs

https://www.youtube.com/watch...

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

#1188 Jan 16, 2013
REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, even I gotta admit it was a good play on words. I call him Horse manure, his old id was Annie Muk and we called him annie smuck.
Lol...when I worked on the FD of the Oriskany we all had "call signs." These weren't "Maverick" or "Goose" either. Sh*thead, pissant, LifeBoy, etc. were the norm.

“ASPIRE 2 INSPIRE B4 U EXPIRE”

Level 8

Since: Jul 08

USA

#1189 Jan 16, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol...when I worked on the FD of the Oriskany we all had "call signs." These weren't "Maverick" or "Goose" either. Sh*thead, pissant, LifeBoy, etc. were the norm.
Working as a civilian plumber for the navy for 30 years, we had plenty of salty nicks like that.

Level 6

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#1190 Jan 16, 2013
Our history is based on guns and personally they were quite brave to engage the British Army at the pinnacle of their power. So, no,... not cowards. Country has strong rebellious roots that served a great purpose and still do.

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#1191 Jan 16, 2013
QuiteCrazy wrote:
Our history is based on guns and personally they were quite brave to engage the British Army at the pinnacle of their power. So, no,... not cowards. Country has strong rebellious roots that served a great purpose and still do.
THOUGHT: wasn't the majority of the rebels , British , after all our first 7 president were British ...

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Since: Jul 10

Rowlett Tx

#1192 Jan 16, 2013
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
THOUGHT: wasn't the majority of the rebels , British , after all our first 7 president were British ...
Maybe that is why they made it so difficult to be found guilty of treason :)

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#1193 Jan 16, 2013
Denny Crain wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe that is why they made it so difficult to be found guilty of treason :)
damn this sounds familiar ... BUT it would have been treason if the crown won , but as we know the Rebels won ..

Level 8

USA

#1194 Jan 16, 2013
History is written by the winners, that,s why we have Indian massacres and American victories. Japanese slaughters and American victories. Horrendous Japanese or Vietnamese or German POW camps and American relocation camps. That's why the natives were dirty, filthy, ignorant savages, while the Americans were god fearing righteous pioneers.

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#1195 Jan 16, 2013
REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
History is written by the winners, that,s why we have Indian massacres and American victories. Japanese slaughters and American victories. Horrendous Japanese or Vietnamese or German POW camps and American relocation camps. That's why the natives were dirty, filthy, ignorant savages, while the Americans were god fearing righteous pioneers.
The GOP is changing that! History AND the present are being written by the second-place finishers! This forum is like an echo chamber for Fox news!

“30yrs in this garbage state ”

Level 2

Since: May 10

sheeple country USA

#1196 Jan 16, 2013
REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
<quoted text>
How foolish of you, I never said anything about judging anyone by looks. Get a grip on reality and see that you made the initial threat and i merely challenged it.
For the THIRD TIME, I made no threat.

A simple statement,

Which YOU ASSumed it was a threat,

However your insistants of gun issues show you to be more of a threat than I ever could be.

Your,(I will stop anyone with my gun attitude), is shurly a threat type of ASSumtion more so than my statement.

Foolish fool you is.

“30yrs in this garbage state ”

Level 2

Since: May 10

sheeple country USA

#1197 Jan 16, 2013
REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
<quoted text>
How foolish of you, I never said anything about judging anyone by looks. Get a grip on reality and see that you made the initial threat and i merely challenged it.

A simple statement,

However your insistance of gun issues show you to be more of a threat than I ever could be.

Your,(I will stop anyone with my gun attitude), is shurly a threat type of ASSumtion more so than my statement.

Foolish fool and COWARD you is.

Level 1

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#1198 Jan 16, 2013
30yrs wrote:
<quoted text>For the THIRD TIME, I made no threat.

A simple statement,

However your insistance of gun issues show you to be more of a threat than I ever could be.

Foolish fool and COWARD you is.
'A' foolish fool and coward you 'are'. I believe that is what you were attempting to say. I hope you are better at handling a firearm than you are in the use of the English language.

Level 8

USA

#1199 Jan 16, 2013
30yrs wrote:
<quoted text>
A simple statement,
However your insistants of gun issues show you to be more of a threat than I ever could be.
Foolish fool you is.
so, SAYING YOU WILL SHOVE A GUN UP SOMEONES AZZ is not a threat,just a simple statement, but my saying I will protect my self from someone threatening me is a threat and not a simple statement. I think you have a warped sense of what constitutes a threat. I don't think I have stated that I would stop anyone with my gun, however, if the situation occurs, where I or my family is threatened, I would not hesitate to use anything and everything within my reach and to protect myself and them.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

#1200 Jan 17, 2013
REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
Umm...no biggie, but we didn't win the conflict in Vietnam.

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#1201 Jan 17, 2013
we didn't lose it....

"What we still don't understand is why you Americans stopped the bombing of Hanoi. You had us on the ropes.
If you had pressed us a little harder, just for another day or two, we were ready to surrender! It was the same at the battles of TET. You defeated us! We knew it, and we thought you knew it. But we were elated to notice your media was definitely helping us. They were causing more disruption in America than we could in the battlefields. We were ready to surrender. You had won!"

the MEDIA did

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#1202 Jan 17, 2013
see the dodger is here ...

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

#1203 Jan 17, 2013
tallyho wrote:
we didn't lose it....
"What we still don't understand is why you Americans stopped the bombing of Hanoi. You had us on the ropes.
If you had pressed us a little harder, just for another day or two, we were ready to surrender! It was the same at the battles of TET. You defeated us! We knew it, and we thought you knew it. But we were elated to notice your media was definitely helping us. They were causing more disruption in America than we could in the battlefields. We were ready to surrender. You had won!"
the MEDIA did
tomato/tomatoe

"With the surrender of General Duong Van Minh and his cabinet in the Presidential palace in Saigon, the Vietnam war that started on September 26, 1959, finally came to an end on April 30, 1975. The communist forces of North Vietnam won the war in which every party suffered huge losses."

Level 6

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#1204 Jan 17, 2013
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
Feedback: Well, let's face it, all the WHITES weren't from here and it was their war. Kinda like the Mexican War and taking, yes taking, or stealing if you prefer, of all the Western Territories.
Often heard that the West would not have been won with the Colt, and I don't mean the horse.
Force Majeure

Sweden

#1205 Jan 17, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
What is adult-like about coming on a public forum and slamming the United States like you do? Critisism is one thing, and perhps belongs on a separate thread - but not on a "Thank you men and women of the Armed Forces" thread.
So you are yet another who takes critisizm of a country personally. That's your problem.

Any thread that praises American military for illegally invading Irak and raping, torturing, murdering innocent men, women and children in Irak, Afghanistan, etc. etc. etc. will never be free of critisizm. You can quote me on that.

Be forewarned that I will be there to "tell it like it is". Understand?
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text> ... it is a public forum - post away, but be forewarned - you will not garnish any sympathy from other forum members ...
Firstly, I don't care about making friends if the price is to lie and play along with the "hero worshipping" crapolia. Secondly, you are wrong anyway. I do have friends on the various Topix forums. Ain't that sumpin'.

And just to put you in your place ..... there have been threads dedicated to American military critisizm - but guess what - your types make a bee-line to slander the critics. So you tell me, what is the difference between the two? There is none, so take it like a man.
Force Majeure

Sweden

#1206 Jan 17, 2013
REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
<quoted text>
You arrogant piss ant
You're only half right, Bone Head.
REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
<quoted text> you have done much more than merely criticize the United States and her military, you have called for the death of the men and women of the armed services.
Well now. You and your ilk have been doing the very same thing - EVEN MUCH WORSE - when it comes to Arabs, Afghanis, Iranians, Moslems, Irakis, Saudis, Pakistanis, Hispanics, Blacks, Africans, Asians, Africans, Europeans, Mexicans, etc. etc. etc.

So you have nerve complaining about me. Could it be that I've been giving you a hint but you'e too thick-headed to see it? Strange, being as I've told you this very same thing on a number of occasions. Or should I say "multiple times"?
REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
<quoted text> You call our greatest national tragedy in recent memory 7/11 to denigrate those who were murdered and praise the jackals who destroyed the twin towers, the planes and the Pentagon. You refer to the United States of America as the United Snakes. You refer to our founding document as the Constipation.
Read my reply precedeing this one.
REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
<quoted text>You have delighted in the deaths and injuries done to the men and women of the armed services.
Says you.
REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
<quoted text> You constantly insult me by referring to me as Redbutt Herpes and denigrate my service in the United States Navy, referring to it as my days on a shrimp boat.
Keep that thought just a wee bit longer until you read your next rant - then you'll have your answer
REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
<quoted text> Yes I insult you
There you go. So you're getting it back "in spades", you poor bigoted Dufus.
REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
<quoted text>and I will continue to tell the TRUTH about you.
If you knew the truth about me you'd have a life-size poster of me in your living room so you could worship me on a daily basis.

THE BOTTOM LINE is ..... you are getting what you deserve because it is you yourself who decided to take my opinion of the military personally. The really tragedy is that I am a Vietnam War Vet and my opinion counts more than yours. Maybe that is what kills you the most?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Add a word and drop a word (Jan '14) 6 min lightning 1,935
Change-one-of-six-letters (Dec '12) 11 min _Zoey_ 3,962
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 11 min SobieskiSavedEurope 131,793
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 13 min veteran of war god 25,499
Change "1" letter =ONLY= (Oct '12) 13 min _Zoey_ 4,221
CHANGE One letter CHANCE (Sep '08) 15 min _Zoey_ 29,973
"OLD SAYINGS" - - - Feel free to post them here... 15 min Simply_Red 52
True or False Game 1 hr Old Sam 1,242
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr Crazy Beautiful 152,347
Merry Christmas Topix, Thanks For,...? 2 hr -Lea- 70
More from around the web