“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

#1062 Jan 11, 2013
REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
<quoted text>
Which non biased source did you use for your statistics
National Safety Council - that is unless you want to blame all car crashes, all industrial accidents, lack of emergency preparedness, and of course Romney's total collapse in the last election on them, then not so unbiased.

Since: Aug 08

Buffalo, NY

#1063 Jan 11, 2013
Denny Crain wrote:
<quoted text>Mike as you know many of these kids were gang bangers. Far more children die in swimming pools than with guns. I just don't see any rush to outlaw pools. No doubt the thought that a gun is unloaded is very dangerous. I almost had an accident with a tube feed .22 The gun was empty but a round was stuck in the tube and I saw it feed after the chamber had been checked
... sorry denny but im sick of the off base comparisons ... many people are killed in cars and many take prescription drugs some may even kill with a baseball bat ... so to make a comparison like that is wrong but if you want to stick by them go ahead ... but make sure you don't go to a doctor,roller blade,ski,swim,just about anything we do i would wager someone was killed while doing it laws are passed for the good of the majority and the betterment of its citizens ... with all the smoke screens you put up even your clip vs mag is nothing but regurgitated puke from the gun lobbyist ... now there's a good start get rid of lobbyist and without their hands in the till lets see what the NRA would say then ... and again many were gang-bangers how do you know or are you going off half-cocked again ... great im burning my hoodies when people who are so concerned about who's lifestyle puts them in harms way by joining a gang (kinda like the Masons who over two thrids of the signers of the Dof I signed ...... try telling an innocent two year old that many of those who shot at the house she lives in was done by gang-bangers ... in fact denny you proved my point ... around 72% of all guns in the US were purchased legally ... so if your gun does the crime you should do the time ... how bout double the time where weapons are used ...because of you being a safe gun owner now flies right out the window ... you confess to owning many guns yet on a public forum you post when your going to England where do you store your guns after all you'll be gone and all it takes is on nut-job to steal your weapons ... i am completely amazed at how much braggin people do about their guns ... one poster is proud of his self made arsenal and says his little town in Fla. is much safer ... betcha if a major incident happens within 100 miles from where he lives he will be a "person of interest" and the law enforcement people won't have to look very hard ... might as well put it on face book and craigslist ... anyway i still feel the need for sensible gun reform is a must do at this time in our history ...

“ASPIRE 2 INSPIRE B4 U EXPIRE”

Level 8

Since: Jul 08

USA

#1064 Jan 11, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
National Safety Council - that is unless you want to blame all car crashes, all industrial accidents, lack of emergency preparedness, and of course Romney's total collapse in the last election on them, then not so unbiased.
But I was schooled earlier on using a "biased" source. Aren't ALL sources biased in some way. They reflect the bias of the ones collating and publishing the information.
What does the non election of Romney have to do with it.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

#1065 Jan 11, 2013
REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
<quoted text>
But I was schooled earlier on using a "biased" source. Aren't ALL sources biased in some way. They reflect the bias of the ones collating and publishing the information.
What does the non election of Romney have to do with it.
I only showed you their "About Us" page - I didn't write that crap, they did.

Why beat up the messenger?

And the Romney thing was just a humor, lighten up.

I live with the anti-Obama bashing all day long - you need a thicker skin around here.

Level 8

USA

#1066 Jan 11, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
I only showed you their "About Us" page - I didn't write that crap, they did.
Why beat up the messenger?
And the Romney thing was just a humor, lighten up.
I live with the anti-Obama bashing all day long - you need a thicker skin around here.
oops, I try to stay light too, but as you say, after being bashed about, one gets a hair trigger. I too get tired of the political bashing,from both sides. Politics is no longer about who is the best for the job, who will be the best for the people, it is about who will hurt us the least. It has become a mud slinging fest, with the people getting hit with most of the mud.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

#1067 Jan 11, 2013
REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
<quoted text>
oops, I try to stay light too, but as you say, after being bashed about, one gets a hair trigger. I too get tired of the political bashing,from both sides. Politics is no longer about who is the best for the job, who will be the best for the people, it is about who will hurt us the least. It has become a mud slinging fest, with the people getting hit with most of the mud.
Correction: Nowadays it's the lesser of two evils.

But I agree - I long for the day we can put someone up there that everyone can agree on. But with 330+ million people, I can pretty much garauntee somebody won't our choice.

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#1068 Jan 11, 2013
GMGMIKE wrote:
<quoted text>... sorry denny but im sick of the off base comparisons ... many people are killed in cars and many take prescription drugs some may even kill with a baseball bat ... so to make a comparison like that is wrong but if you want to stick by them go ahead ... but make sure you don't go to a doctor,roller blade,ski,swim,just about anything we do i would wager someone was killed while doing it laws are passed for the good of the majority and the betterment of its citizens ... with all the smoke screens you put up even your clip vs mag is nothing but regurgitated puke from the gun lobbyist ... now there's a good start get rid of lobbyist and without their hands in the till lets see what the NRA would say then ... and again many were gang-bangers how do you know or are you going off half-cocked again ... great im burning my hoodies when people who are so concerned about who's lifestyle puts them in harms way by joining a gang (kinda like the Masons who over two thrids of the signers of the Dof I signed ...... try telling an innocent two year old that many of those who shot at the house she lives in was done by gang-bangers ... in fact denny you proved my point ... around 72% of all guns in the US were purchased legally ... so if your gun does the crime you should do the time ... how bout double the time where weapons are used ...because of you being a safe gun owner now flies right out the window ... you confess to owning many guns yet on a public forum you post when your going to England where do you store your guns after all you'll be gone and all it takes is on nut-job to steal your weapons ... i am completely amazed at how much braggin people do about their guns ... one poster is proud of his self made arsenal and says his little town in Fla. is much safer ... betcha if a major incident happens within 100 miles from where he lives he will be a "person of interest" and the law enforcement people won't have to look very hard ... might as well put it on face book and craigslist ... anyway i still feel the need for sensible gun reform is a must do at this time in our history ...
I worked with a guy who liked to brag about his arsenal (that included a Weatherby 300) and even bring out all his stuff whenever he had too much to drink- which was every night. He lost ALL his guns, probably to the friendly crackhead next door, who knew he was at work....

Level 8

USA

#1069 Jan 11, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
Correction: Nowadays it's the lesser of two evils.
But I agree - I long for the day we can put someone up there that everyone can agree on. But with 330+ million people, I can pretty much garauntee somebody won't our choice.
Agreed, I have used that phrase to describe politicians, especially those aspiring to the highest office in the land, for decades.
I certainly don't expect nor want total agreement on a political candidate, but a lot less vitriol and hatred would be a welcomed respite.

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Since: Jul 10

Rowlett Tx

#1070 Jan 11, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
Difference between Clip and Magazine
They are very much different from each other, in fact sometimes a clip is considered to be a magazine. A general rule of thumb if it has a spring on it, then that is a magazine. A clip can be rendered useless if it doesn’t have any spring on it, since it doesn’t have any shooting capacity without any spring on it. A clip generally needs another structure that will push the ammunitions out from the chamber. Magazines already possess both capacities, which are the reason why it widely used these days since a separate spring is no longer needed.
A clip is never a magazine. Two total different things. Most older military rifles could be loaded from a stripper clips

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

#1071 Jan 11, 2013
Denny Crain wrote:
<quoted text>A clip is never a magazine. Two total different things. Most older military rifles could be loaded from a stripper clips
So the M-1 Garand used a magazine, huh?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M1_Garand#Featur...

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Rowlett Tx

#1072 Jan 11, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it did. An 8 round clip was put into the magazine.If you weren't careful you found out what an M-1 thumb was :) The clip was ejected when the last round was fired

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Rowlett Tx

#1073 Jan 11, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
The original design of the M-1 had a detachable box magazine but the military didn't go for it. The British .303 has a 10 round detachable magazine but it was loaded from stripper clips rather than pulling the mag and putting another on in. The .303 could get off 10 rounds faster than the M-1. That was a common bet in WW2

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Rowlett Tx

#1074 Jan 11, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
The magazine is the area of the gun that hold the rounds. A bolt action rifle that doesn't have a detachable box magazine still has a magazine. That is where the rounds are loaded from

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#1075 Jan 11, 2013
Denny Crain wrote:
<quoted text>The original design of the M-1 had a detachable box magazine but the military didn't go for it. The British .303 has a 10 round detachable magazine but it was loaded from stripper clips rather than pulling the mag and putting another on in. The .303 could get off 10 rounds faster than the M-1. That was a common bet in WW2
no sir ,,,The Enfield 303 is a bolt action rifle,

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Rowlett Tx

#1076 Jan 11, 2013
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it is a bolt action rifle and has a 10 round magazine and it will fire 10 rounds faster the the 8 round M-1 will. The British were very good with their mad minute. They would fire so fast it was amazing. They used their little finger on the trigger during rapid fire. Many a dog face lost that bet as he reloaded his M-1. The 303 is also a cock on closing which makes it fast

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Level 7

Since: Jan 07

Dump American Eagle

#1077 Jan 11, 2013
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
In flanders during the early days of WWI the British Army made a stand to stop the German advance. This was the pre-war professional army. They fired their Enfields so rapidly the Germans thought they had hundreds of machine guns. It wasn't uncommon for a well trained,experienced soldier to squeeze off 10 well aimed shots in under 20-25 seconds.

Reference: The Guns of August. The story leading up to the war and the first few months of the conflict.

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Rowlett Tx

#1078 Jan 11, 2013
okimar wrote:
<quoted text>In flanders during the early days of WWI the British Army made a stand to stop the German advance. This was the pre-war professional army. They fired their Enfields so rapidly the Germans thought they had hundreds of machine guns. It wasn't uncommon for a well trained,experienced soldier to squeeze off 10 well aimed shots in under 20-25 seconds.
Reference: The Guns of August. The story leading up to the war and the first few months of the conflict.
Thats right Oki. The M-1 could fire 8 rounds faster but not 10 rounds which was the bet

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#1079 Jan 11, 2013
okimar wrote:
<quoted text>In flanders during the early days of WWI the British Army made a stand to stop the German advance. This was the pre-war professional army. They fired their Enfields so rapidly the Germans thought they had hundreds of machine guns. It wasn't uncommon for a well trained,experienced soldier to squeeze off 10 well aimed shots in under 20-25 seconds.
thanks for the info:

“30yrs in this garbage state ”

Level 2

Since: May 10

sheeple country USA

#1080 Jan 11, 2013
REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
<quoted text>
Just my way of gigging the ole judge and showing that it isn't just "cowards" that need guns.
100% agree with ya here,

Hate guns myself,

Do not own one, and do not need one,

I like to take guns away from people and shove them up their back sides to show just how much cowards they really are, behnd a gun.

Level 8

USA

#1081 Jan 11, 2013
30yrs wrote:
<quoted text>
100% agree with ya here,
Hate guns myself,
Do not own one, and do not need one,
I like to take guns away from people and shove them up their back sides to show just how much cowards they really are, behnd a gun.
Well, then you would have a very interesting time trying to do that with this ole "coward". You might see a visit to he emergency room in your future.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 10 min TurkanaBoy 134,208
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 13 min -Lea- 25,962
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 15 min Tom2Tone 152,830
Hawaii Blizzard 22 min Crystal_Clear722 3
The BIZARRE reasons why men rape in India 32 min Yupp111 1,123
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 36 min Denny CranesPlace 17,546
Lets Discuss Men (Dec '13) 42 min Crazy Beautiful 285
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 43 min Denny CranesPlace 37,770
Woman Switches Seats on Plane, Spends 3 Days in... 1 hr Newt G s Next Wife 19
More from around the web