chancelor

Voorhees, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

i can't believe the guy did that what relgion does he have.. mines says you'd burn in hell for it..
S-N-A-F-U

Sierra Vista, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Stuges wrote:
Why can't gun owners step up with their hands and fight like men? Cowards.
I'll tell you what sport, I'll Relinquish my guns if he Relinquishes his - and tosses his copy of Saul Alinky's "Rules for Radicals" and the Communist Manifesto into the Ash heaps of history......

“268th Attack Hel Bn”

Level 8

Since: May 07

AH-1S Cobra

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

GMGMIKE wrote:
The need for tougher rules and regulations are needed ... i sure don't want any bozo buying guns at gun shows between private owners ... the purchase of large quantities of ammo should be regulated ... the guy who shot and killed two firemen in upstate NY had purchased over 6,000 rounds of ammunition and his girlfriend purchased the guns an ex felon by the way in less then a month ... children are carrying their parents guns to school ... mental health issues are never checked ... how long do we let this craziness proceed without some form of intelligent regulations ... If a gun is used the owner should also be prosecuted if it was his gun that committed the crime ... and no im not talking about guns that are obtained illegally then lost or stolen they should be reported as soon as possible and kept in a locked safe with a trigger guard ... it's the madness of the gun owners i question ... one poster on here bragged how he had "cop killers" and would use them if needed ... do you really want this type to have a gun ??? all i ask is to use common sense i feel the same way about gun owners as i do drunks ... im not stopping you from drinking but i'll do all i can to keep you from making your vehicle a deadly weapon ... just my opinion ...
The problem Mike, is that the current proposed law doesn't address the problem in any meaningful way. "Assault rifles" aren't the problem, the vast majority of gun related deaths are caused by handguns to include the most recent tragedy. It is a knee jerk reaction.
I totally agree that had that kid not killed his mother first, she should have been tried convicted and either put away forever or put to death for her remarkable lack of security in storing her guns. She also trained this kid in their use as a "Prepper," and also tried to seek help for him being unstable. She was not a responsible gun owner at all. There are plenty of gun laws out there, they just need to be enforced, and the penalty for not abiding by them should be much harsher. If you chop off the hand of someone who commits a crime with a gun then it might get the point across to those who think its a good idea.

The crux of the problem is mental health. When Reagan cut federal funding for mental institutes he turned 1000's of nut jobs out on the streets. HMO's don't want to pay for treatment that might have some positive impact on those suffering from mental illness. Instead they would rather prescribe drugs that are sketchy at best, and whose benefits are more than a little questionable.

"Stop taking Ambien if you have thoughts of suicide, blah blah blah...." Whats the point of taking antidepressants that can mess you up worse than you already are.

By this logic (The current proposed law.) you should support the regulation of any car that is capable of exceeding 65 MPH. No one should be trusted to use that power in a responsible way to tow their boat, go over a pass, or just keep up with traffic......

There aren't any easy answers to this one. It is a complex problem that is impacted by a large number of variables and the root causes of this type of activity aren't fully understood.
Lack of parenting
high stress
broken homes
abuse
this list could probably go on for a long time, but we need to address the problem rather than the tools that these folks use; If you don't have a gun then Mom's minivan driven through the playground would take many more lives than your average kid with a gun. Someone that wants to go out being famous will find a way.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't pizz me off, I just thought that you were in attack mode.
Did you read the link you posted.
* Excluded Facts: The only "facts" excluded are those that are rendered pointless by other facts and those that do not meet the Standards of Credibility listed here.
* Accuracy: Just Facts does not use sources uncritically, and before citing them, we often perform investigative and feasibility studies to test their veracity. Just Facts is also committed to documenting the facts we publish far more thoroughly than standard academic practice requires. Hence, all of our research since 2001 contains footnotes with direct quotes and/or raw data from the cited sources. This allows readers to quickly verify that we accurately represent these citations. Our goal for every fact is 100% transparency.
* Estimates and Minor Discrepancies: These are handled by giving preferentiality to figures that are contrary to our viewpoints and by using the most cautious plausible interpretations of such data.
* Conclusions and Quotes: Every effort is made to keep quotes within context. Conclusions and quotes made by people with vested interests are excluded except to point out inconsistencies and hypocrisy.
* Balance: Our goal is comprehensive accuracy, not balance. Press outlets often provide quotes from people on opposing sides of an issue. This, in our opinion, is a charade. First, there is nothing to prevent a news source from quoting the most compelling argument from one side and the weakest from the other. Second, such soundbites are often loaded with rhetoric and misinformation. Our purpose is to publish verifiable facts regardless of the views they support, not to circulate half-truths and propaganda.
This does seem to me to be a fair, balanced, impartial organization. So maybe the conservative flavor you taste is just personal bias.
Fear of bias = Conservative paranoia

Try a little harder next time to find an unbiased website that posts factual information - this website was way too easy. As far as Conservatives are concerned Wikipedia is a Liberal propaganda platform.

I really don't have very much tolerance for the usual Conservative spin on daily events anymore. The upcoming reform on firearms is way overdue - and I'm a gun owner. In my opinion, we don't need one more shooting victim - not one.

Everytime someone, regardless of political affiliation, disagrees with a Conservative, they're labeled a "Libtard." All because your best choice for a candidate was a clueless, flip-flopping wannabe "businessman." Get over the fact that it was your own party's shortcomings that lost the election, not the Democrat's. Put your big boy pants on and deal with it.

And I had such high hope for ya'll.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

A-T-T-E-N-T-I-O-N!!!

JOB OPENING IN AFGHANISTAN!!!

MADRID — The Spanish government says an army bomb disposal expert has died in an explosion in Afghanistan.

Deputy Prime Minister Soraya Saenz de Santamaria said 35-year-old Sgt. David Fernandez died Friday while defusing an improvised explosive device.

“ASPIRE 2 INSPIRE B4 U EXPIRE”

Level 8

Since: Jul 08

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
Fear of bias = Conservative paranoia
Try a little harder next time to find an unbiased website that posts factual information - this website was way too easy. As far as Conservatives are concerned Wikipedia is a Liberal propaganda platform.
I really don't have very much tolerance for the usual Conservative spin on daily events anymore. The upcoming reform on firearms is way overdue - and I'm a gun owner. In my opinion, we don't need one more shooting victim - not one.
Everytime someone, regardless of political affiliation, disagrees with a Conservative, they're labeled a "Libtard." All because your best choice for a candidate was a clueless, flip-flopping wannabe "businessman." Get over the fact that it was your own party's shortcomings that lost the election, not the Democrat's. Put your big boy pants on and deal with it.
And I had such high hope for ya'll.
Funny how one side will call me a liberal and the other will call me a conservative. Just can't please folks. I am neither a died in the wool conservative, or liberal. ans as far as finding an unbiased source, good luck with that. each and everyone of us has our bias and it has its influence on our every thought and action. The source that I posted was IMHO fair, regardless of their political bent. Their information was factual and backed up by a multitude of verifiable sources.Just because they did not agree with your own agenda does not make them wrong.
I don't think that we need any additional reform on the 2nd amendment. What we need is a comprehensive reform on the mental health platform and better enforcement of the existing laws and regulations across the board.

Level 8

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

GMGMIKE wrote:
<quoted text>... no what i was saying is that for every one of your stories i can post an equal amount where the opposite happened ... but you take a few incidents and then lay a cover all blanket on the topic ... the crux was made up by you and has no merit when you turn them into generalizations by saying MANY ... sure i agree gun owners have stopped some violent actions but it is just as easy for me to say with the high rate of crime today MANY americans are in a lot of danger with so many guns in the streets ... The need for tougher rules and regulations are needed ... i sur don't want any bozo buying guns at gun shows between private owners ... the purchase of large quantities of ammo should be regulated ... the guy who shot and killed two firemen in upstate NY had purchased over 6,000 rounds of ammunition and his girlfriend purchased the guns an ex felon by the way in less then a month ... children are carrying their parents guns to school ... mental health issues are never checked ... how long do we let this craziness proceed without some form of intelligent regulations ... If a gun is used the owner should also be prosecuted if it was his gun that committed the crime ... and no im not talking about guns that are obtained illegally then lost or stolen they should be reported as soon as possible and kept in a locked safe with a trigger guard ... it's the madness of the gun owners i question ... one poster on here bragged how he had "cop killers" and would use them if needed ... do you really want this type to have a gun ??? all i ask is to use common sense i feel the same way about gun owners as i do drunks ... im not stopping you from drinking but i'll do all i can to keep you from making your vehicle a deadly weapon ... just my opinion ...
It was not my intention to lay a "cover all blanket" on the subject. Merely to point out that there are instances every day across this country that proves that American citizens need to be armed. The 2nd Amendment is a right that many choose to take full advantage of and that does not make them "cowards". It makes them intelligent free thinkers.
Tougher regulations will only impact the lawful owners. Criminals will just laugh and then pick more targets. If there is to be any meaningful change, it needs to start with the criminal justice system. harsher penalties, no plea bargains, no time off for good behavior, no country club prisons. Sheriff Joe in Arizona has the right ideas. He should be a role model for every state.
There are already more than enough laws ans regulations on the books. Enforce those and stop trying to choke the people with more meaningless feel good garbage. It is already a law to report a stolen weapon as soon as it is known and trigger locks and safes are only the friend of the criminal.

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Since: Jul 10

Rowlett Tx

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
And even without REDNECK HIPPIE's posts of people who have shot intruders there are the countless times that gun owners have aborted violence by merely brandishing a gun.
Now I am not for unlimited gun ownership. I don't see any valid reason for clips that hold thirty bullets. But those restrictions would not have stopped our latest tragedies. Sadly the head of the NRA may have been right. The only answer is schools that are like those that President Obama sends his children to. Schools equipped with armed guards.
And speaking of hypocrisy, has anyone noticed how many of the anti-gun leaders children go to schools with armed guards?
Please, stop using the term clip. A clip hold rounds to load into a magazine. Two different things. You don't see a reason for a 30 round mag but what does that matter. The M-16 first came out with a 20 round mag. You can change a mag is a second so it really doesn't matter.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
<quoted text>ans as far as finding an unbiased source, good luck with that. each and everyone of us has our bias and it has its influence on our every thought and action. The source that I posted was IMHO fair, regardless of their political bent. Their information was factual and backed up by a multitude of verifiable sources.Just because they did not agree with your own agenda does not make them wrong.
But what you're saying is a contradiction in terms.

That website is biased - Conservative, pro-gun - by their own admission.

And...you haven't been listening...to my agenda that is.

We don't have to ban any firearms - they will price themselves out of everyone's hands eventually.

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Rowlett Tx

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah, interesting aint it. The biggest anti gun politician in California has a ccw permit and wants to ban the same gun she carries.
These anti gun Hollywood people make a living off gun violence in films and have armed security around them.

“A PAIR A FULLHOUSE ”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

CAN'T BEAT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

oh how nice , you remember my post to you and copied it word for word except one ....

Sweet Maxine

Location hidden
hell ever one makes a mistake , didn't you ever wonder how you got here [ not planned parenthood]

idiot.... never said idiot ... but thanks for your notice and pm got more ?????

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Rowlett Tx

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

GMGMIKE wrote:
... The number of accidental shooting deaths in the United States has been slowly declining for many years, although there was a slight jump in the number of deaths in 2008, the last year for which we have statistics. In 2008 there were 680 accidental shooting deaths in the United States, with more than 15,500 shooting injuries. Most disturbing, perhaps, is the number of children involved in accidental shootings. Every day approximately five children are injured or killed on a nationwide basis as a result of handguns. The primary cause of youth-involved shooting rests with the fact that children find loaded handguns in the home – and natural curiosity leads them down the road to disaster.
Each year approximately 100 people are injured or killed while cleaning a firearm and failing to exercise proper caution. Every gun, whether loaded or unloaded, must be treated as if it is loaded at all times. Many accidental shootings occur because someone believes a gun is unloaded, points it at someone and pulls the trigger as a “joke.” The problem is, many guns can still fire even after the magazine has been removed if a bullet has been inadvertently left in the chamber.
The Problem Could Get Worse
Every time a gun is drawn the possibility of an accidental shooting exists and with more and more police officers and others now training for possible terrorist attacks, the possibility of accidental shootings may likewise increase. There are indications that this is already a problem. The incidents of SWAT-officer-involved accidental shootings have been on the increase in recent years.
... published in the ..."American Rifle Association" ...
Mike as you know many of these kids were gang bangers. Far more children die in swimming pools than with guns. I just don't see any rush to outlaw pools. No doubt the thought that a gun is unloaded is very dangerous. I almost had an accident with a tube feed .22 The gun was empty but a round was stuck in the tube and I saw it feed after the chamber had been checked

“Topixtown”

Since: Jun 09

Why yes, I DO have a blog!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Denny Crain wrote:
<quoted text>Please, stop using the term clip. A clip hold rounds to load into a magazine. Two different things. You don't see a reason for a 30 round mag but what does that matter. The M-16 first came out with a 20 round mag. You can change a mag is a second so it really doesn't matter.
Denny Crain- GRAMMAR POLICE!!!!!!!

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Rowlett Tx

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

GMGMIKE wrote:
<quoted text>... no what i was saying is that for every one of your stories i can post an equal amount where the opposite happened ... but you take a few incidents and then lay a cover all blanket on the topic ... the crux was made up by you and has no merit when you turn them into generalizations by saying MANY ... sure i agree gun owners have stopped some violent actions but it is just as easy for me to say with the high rate of crime today MANY americans are in a lot of danger with so many guns in the streets ... The need for tougher rules and regulations are needed ... i sur don't want any bozo buying guns at gun shows between private owners ... the purchase of large quantities of ammo should be regulated ... the guy who shot and killed two firemen in upstate NY had purchased over 6,000 rounds of ammunition and his girlfriend purchased the guns an ex felon by the way in less then a month ... children are carrying their parents guns to school ... mental health issues are never checked ... how long do we let this craziness proceed without some form of intelligent regulations ... If a gun is used the owner should also be prosecuted if it was his gun that committed the crime ... and no im not talking about guns that are obtained illegally then lost or stolen they should be reported as soon as possible and kept in a locked safe with a trigger guard ... it's the madness of the gun owners i question ... one poster on here bragged how he had "cop killers" and would use them if needed ... do you really want this type to have a gun ??? all i ask is to use common sense i feel the same way about gun owners as i do drunks ... im not stopping you from drinking but i'll do all i can to keep you from making your vehicle a deadly weapon ... just my opinion ...
I don't know how many rounds I have. I shoot several guns and reload. I just want stiff prison sentences for the use of a gun in a crime. I bet if you break into 10 cars in Texas you will find one or more guns

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Denny Crain wrote:
<quoted text>Please, stop using the term clip. A clip hold rounds to load into a magazine. Two different things. You don't see a reason for a 30 round mag but what does that matter. The M-16 first came out with a 20 round mag. You can change a mag is a second so it really doesn't matter.
Difference between Clip and Magazine

They are very much different from each other, in fact sometimes a clip is considered to be a magazine. A general rule of thumb if it has a spring on it, then that is a magazine. A clip can be rendered useless if it doesn’t have any spring on it, since it doesn’t have any shooting capacity without any spring on it. A clip generally needs another structure that will push the ammunitions out from the chamber. Magazines already possess both capacities, which are the reason why it widely used these days since a separate spring is no longer needed.

Level 8

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Denny Crain wrote:
<quoted text>These anti gun Hollywood people make a living off gun violence in films and have armed security around them.
I certainly don't begrudge the "hollywood" people or politicians or other celebrities their armed security. There are a lot of unstable and criminal people out there who would do harm to someone, just because of their celebrity. Look at John Lennon, or Dime Bag Darryl, or Sharon Tate, or Reagan. They are entitled to their opinions too, even though I disagree with them.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Denny Crain wrote:
<quoted text>Mike as you know many of these kids were gang bangers. Far more children die in swimming pools than with guns. I just don't see any rush to outlaw pools. No doubt the thought that a gun is unloaded is very dangerous. I almost had an accident with a tube feed .22 The gun was empty but a round was stuck in the tube and I saw it feed after the chamber had been checked
An estimated 5,000 children ages 14 and under are hospitalized due to unintentional drowning-related incidents each year; 15 percent die in the hospital and as many as 20 percent suffer severe, permanent neurological disability. That is approximately 750 deaths per year.

In 2007 there were 1520 gun deaths in the 0 through 17 age group (out of 74,340,127 children) and 3067 gun deaths in the 0 through 19 age group.

Try using the age old NRA addage, "Cars kill more people each year than guns." Hint: not anymore.

It's gotten to be a full time job proving you wrong Crain.

“Topixtown”

Since: Jun 09

Why yes, I DO have a blog!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Denny Crain wrote:
<quoted text>Mike as you know many of these kids were gang bangers. Far more children die in swimming pools than with guns. I just don't see any rush to outlaw pools. No doubt the thought that a gun is unloaded is very dangerous. I almost had an accident with a tube feed .22 The gun was empty but a round was stuck in the tube and I saw it feed after the chamber had been checked
If non sequiturs were outlawed only Denny would have swimming pools!

Level 8

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
An estimated 5,000 children ages 14 and under are hospitalized due to unintentional drowning-related incidents each year; 15 percent die in the hospital and as many as 20 percent suffer severe, permanent neurological disability. That is approximately 750 deaths per year.
In 2007 there were 1520 gun deaths in the 0 through 17 age group (out of 74,340,127 children) and 3067 gun deaths in the 0 through 19 age group.
Try using the age old NRA addage, "Cars kill more people each year than guns." Hint: not anymore.
It's gotten to be a full time job proving you wrong Crain.
Which non biased source did you use for your statistics

“Geaux Tigers!”

Level 9

Since: Jun 12

www.pricedrighttablets.com

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
<quoted text>
Which non biased source did you use for your statistics
I'm guessing Bloomberg?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1,001 - 1,020 of7,307
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••