“ASPIRE 2 INSPIRE B4 U EXPIRE”

Level 8

Since: Jul 08

USA

#1020 Jan 10, 2013
Antioch man answered burglar's knife with gun

http://www.sfgate.com/crime/article/Antioch-m...

Level 8

USA

#1021 Jan 10, 2013
Armed pizza deliveryman shoots, wounds would-be robber

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2011/nov...

Level 8

USA

#1022 Jan 10, 2013
Clerk at Del’s 24 Hour shop shoots, kills would-be robber who grabbed child

http://www.marconews.com/news/2011/oct/18/dep...

Level 8

USA

#1023 Jan 10, 2013
Victim shoots robbery suspect in Applebee's parking lot

http://www.wtsp.com/news/topstories/article/2...

Level 8

USA

#1024 Jan 10, 2013
Johnson City homeowner shoots intruder in chest, police say

http://www.statesman.com/news/news/local/john...

Level 8

USA

#1025 Jan 10, 2013
West Virginia 72-Year-Old Repels Home Invasion With Butcher Knife, 9-Millimeter And Shotgun

http://www.businessinsider.com/menuard-frazie...

Level 8

USA

#1026 Jan 10, 2013
UPDATE: Congressman Boswell fights off armed intruder at Iowa farm house

http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/govt-and-pol...

Level 8

USA

#1027 Jan 10, 2013
UPDATE: 3rd suspect turns himself in after homeowner kills intruder

http://www.postandcourier.com/article/2011041...

“... puttin on ...”

Since: Aug 08

... da union suit ...

#1029 Jan 10, 2013
... RH ... estimated gun accidents that resulted in injury from 2002 thru 2012 were 10,337 you have a lot more examples to catch up on ... and these were just the ACCIDENTAL SHOOTINGS ... and a lot of updates ...

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#1030 Jan 10, 2013
And even without REDNECK HIPPIE's posts of people who have shot intruders there are the countless times that gun owners have aborted violence by merely brandishing a gun.

Now I am not for unlimited gun ownership. I don't see any valid reason for clips that hold thirty bullets. But those restrictions would not have stopped our latest tragedies. Sadly the head of the NRA may have been right. The only answer is schools that are like those that President Obama sends his children to. Schools equipped with armed guards.

And speaking of hypocrisy, has anyone noticed how many of the anti-gun leaders children go to schools with armed guards?

Level 8

USA

#1031 Jan 10, 2013
GMGMIKE wrote:
... RH ... estimated gun accidents that resulted in injury from 2002 thru 2012 were 10,337 you have a lot more examples to catch up on ... and these were just the ACCIDENTAL SHOOTINGS ... and a lot of updates ...
Just my way of gigging the ole judge and showing that it isn't just "cowards" that need guns.

Level 8

USA

#1032 Jan 10, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
And even without REDNECK HIPPIE's posts of people who have shot intruders there are the countless times that gun owners have aborted violence by merely brandishing a gun.
Now I am not for unlimited gun ownership. I don't see any valid reason for clips that hold thirty bullets. But those restrictions would not have stopped our latest tragedies. Sadly the head of the NRA may have been right. The only answer is schools that are like those that President Obama sends his children to. Schools equipped with armed guards.
And speaking of hypocrisy, has anyone noticed how many of the anti-gun leaders children go to schools with armed guards?
yeah, interesting aint it. The biggest anti gun politician in California has a ccw permit and wants to ban the same gun she carries.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#1033 Jan 10, 2013
GMGMIKE wrote:
Yes, but now you are trying to promote the fallacy that guns are used for only self defense.

If anti-gun people really had a case they would not have to use false arguments against gun ownership.

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#1034 Jan 10, 2013
GMGMIKE wrote:
little does he know , ya seahound ... he can never show me/you or any one I said cowards need guns ..NEVER

dare him he can not ....

va the 8th ,,, feb

Level 8

USA

#1035 Jan 10, 2013
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
little does he know , ya seahound ... he can never show me/you or any one I said cowards need guns ..NEVER
dare him he can not ....
va the 8th ,,, feb
hahahahaha I never even alluded that you said that. It is after all the title of this thread, so I would be well within the realm of reality to use the word to rebuke those who think so.
Still no answer to my query judgy poo

“... puttin on ...”

... da union suit ...

#1036 Jan 10, 2013
... The number of accidental shooting deaths in the United States has been slowly declining for many years, although there was a slight jump in the number of deaths in 2008, the last year for which we have statistics. In 2008 there were 680 accidental shooting deaths in the United States, with more than 15,500 shooting injuries. Most disturbing, perhaps, is the number of children involved in accidental shootings. Every day approximately five children are injured or killed on a nationwide basis as a result of handguns. The primary cause of youth-involved shooting rests with the fact that children find loaded handguns in the home – and natural curiosity leads them down the road to disaster.
Each year approximately 100 people are injured or killed while cleaning a firearm and failing to exercise proper caution. Every gun, whether loaded or unloaded, must be treated as if it is loaded at all times. Many accidental shootings occur because someone believes a gun is unloaded, points it at someone and pulls the trigger as a “joke.” The problem is, many guns can still fire even after the magazine has been removed if a bullet has been inadvertently left in the chamber.

The Problem Could Get Worse
Every time a gun is drawn the possibility of an accidental shooting exists and with more and more police officers and others now training for possible terrorist attacks, the possibility of accidental shootings may likewise increase. There are indications that this is already a problem. The incidents of SWAT-officer-involved accidental shootings have been on the increase in recent years.

... published in the ..."American Rifle Association" ...

“... puttin on ...”

... da union suit ...

#1037 Jan 10, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, but now you are trying to promote the fallacy that guns are used for only self defense.
If anti-gun people really had a case they would not have to use false arguments against gun ownership.
... nope i said gun accidents ... never once mentioned self defense ... for every question there are always exceptions to the rule by posting them as RH was doing dosen't mean diddly squat ... see above post im talking about accidents ...

Level 8

USA

#1038 Jan 10, 2013
GMGMIKE wrote:
<quoted text>... nope i said gun accidents ... never once mentioned self defense ... for every question there are always exceptions to the rule by posting them as RH was doing dosen't mean diddly squat ... see above post im talking about accidents ...
So you are saying that my posting stories of legitimate use of guns means "diddly squat", I strongly disagree.
That is the crux of many anti gun folks. The false premise that Americans would be safer without access to guns. These stories prove that with guns, many Americans are safer.
blackLS804

Richmond, VA

#1039 Jan 10, 2013
Trade wiffleball bat's for guns in 2013. Who with me?

“... puttin on ...”

... da union suit ...

#1040 Jan 10, 2013
REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are saying that my posting stories of legitimate use of guns means "diddly squat", I strongly disagree.
That is the crux of many anti gun folks. The false premise that Americans would be safer without access to guns. These stories prove that with guns, many Americans are safer.
... no what i was saying is that for every one of your stories i can post an equal amount where the opposite happened ... but you take a few incidents and then lay a cover all blanket on the topic ... the crux was made up by you and has no merit when you turn them into generalizations by saying MANY ... sure i agree gun owners have stopped some violent actions but it is just as easy for me to say with the high rate of crime today MANY americans are in a lot of danger with so many guns in the streets ... The need for tougher rules and regulations are needed ... i sur don't want any bozo buying guns at gun shows between private owners ... the purchase of large quantities of ammo should be regulated ... the guy who shot and killed two firemen in upstate NY had purchased over 6,000 rounds of ammunition and his girlfriend purchased the guns an ex felon by the way in less then a month ... children are carrying their parents guns to school ... mental health issues are never checked ... how long do we let this craziness proceed without some form of intelligent regulations ... If a gun is used the owner should also be prosecuted if it was his gun that committed the crime ... and no im not talking about guns that are obtained illegally then lost or stolen they should be reported as soon as possible and kept in a locked safe with a trigger guard ... it's the madness of the gun owners i question ... one poster on here bragged how he had "cop killers" and would use them if needed ... do you really want this type to have a gun ??? all i ask is to use common sense i feel the same way about gun owners as i do drunks ... im not stopping you from drinking but i'll do all i can to keep you from making your vehicle a deadly weapon ... just my opinion ...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
True or False Game 5 min Sublime1 631
What a "BUNCH" of "FOOLS"! 6 min Hoosier Hillbilly 1
A real gentleman doesn't (Oct '13) 6 min -CatCiao- 857
Lets Discuss Men (Dec '13) 8 min DILF 192
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 8 min Charles Idemi 122,196
'Fireball Whisky' Yanked Over Antifreeze Ingred... 9 min SLY WEST 4
Dave's bar and grill,is now open. (May '13) 13 min NinaRocks 5,308
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 28 min wichita-rick 149,560
Goats Milk with Princess (Jan '10) 32 min Denny CranesPlace 46,086
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 34 min -Lea- 22,544