“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#915 Jan 10, 2013
okimar wrote:
<quoted text>The SCOTUS reviews cases in which there is a question of Constitutionality. Civil rights are guarenteed by the Constitution,but are PRESERVED-as are ALL Amendments,by the presence of a free and ARMED citizenry. THAT,my friend,is what the 2nd Amendment is all about. An ARMED citizenry keeps a Government on notice that it rules only with the consent of the governed and is allowed ONLY the powers granted it to do so. To go down the road of oppression is to risk a change of representation in that government.
ps the city of Chicago attempted a blanket ban , against the second amendment , meaning that McDonald's right was being denied

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Since: Jul 10

Rowlett Tx

#916 Jan 10, 2013
EraserX wrote:
<quoted text>
Denny, aside from you, who said anything about seizing your guns? Hokey smokes...
That has been mentioned. They also have mentioned registering all guns. Soon we will see the extent of the gun control they want. Biden just said if you look at each incident you can't say what could have been different that would have prevented it.

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Level 7

Since: Jan 07

Dump American Eagle

#917 Jan 10, 2013
EraserX wrote:
<quoted text>
You are comparing the United States military to Libya? Really? I have plenty. Any knowledgeable tactician would back me up.
Sure, keep your guns to protect you from criminals and rabid llamas. And to hunt. But the idea that you can use your AR15 to take down the Feds is an absolute nonstarter.
WE still supposedly have fair and free elections. Those countries were denied that franchise. Until such time as we in the US are denied elections there is no need for violence. You still got nothing.

I use my rifle for hunting. Deer and varmints,as well as target shooting. My pistol is for both home defense and duty,when I am called to fill a contract with a security agency I sometimes temp for.

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Level 7

Dump American Eagle

#918 Jan 10, 2013
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
ps the city of Chicago attempted a blanket ban , against the second amendment , meaning that McDonald's right was being denied
The courts are the venue to settle those disputes,as was done. Chicago lost and has had to take another look at its ban.
Level 6

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#919 Jan 10, 2013
Denny Crain wrote:
<quoted text>That has been mentioned. They also have mentioned registering all guns. Soon we will see the extent of the gun control they want. Biden just said if you look at each incident you can't say what could have been different that would have prevented it.
You can't. And one solution for one incident wouldn't work for another. But that's not an excuse not to have a conversation at all. As yet, I have not heard Biden or Obama state that the US Government is considering banning all guns. That's just the rhetoric of fear mongers.
Level 6

Location hidden

#920 Jan 10, 2013
okimar wrote:
<quoted text>WE still supposedly have fair and free elections. Those countries were denied that franchise. Until such time as we in the US are denied elections there is no need for violence. You still got nothing.
I use my rifle for hunting. Deer and varmints,as well as target shooting. My pistol is for both home defense and duty,when I am called to fill a contract with a security agency I sometimes temp for.
I have plenty. Still. You got nothing until we're denied our right to participate in our government. And by participate, I mean vote, attend speeches and being engaged. Not sit at home counting ammo, muttering conspiracy theories and borrowing trouble.

Good for you. I use my pistol for target shooting. It's good to blow off some steam.

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#921 Jan 10, 2013
okimar wrote:
<quoted text>The courts are the venue to settle those disputes,as was done. Chicago lost and has had to take another look at its ban.
have no disagreement with the supreme court decision ..

that is what the supreme court: is the rights of the individual

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#922 Jan 10, 2013
EraserX wrote:
<quoted text>
I have plenty. Still. You got nothing until we're denied our right to participate in our government. And by participate, I mean vote, attend speeches and being engaged. Not sit at home counting ammo, muttering conspiracy theories and borrowing trouble.
Good for you. I use my pistol for target shooting. It's good to blow off some steam.
be careful , that last statement is scary .... a gun, blow off steam ???????
Level 6

Location hidden

#923 Jan 10, 2013
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
be careful , that last statement is scary .... a gun, blow off steam ???????
My range lets you shoot at tea kettles.

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Level 7

Dump American Eagle

#924 Jan 10, 2013
EraserX wrote:
<quoted text>
You might just want to do an ammo check. All the popular calibers are flying off the shelves with re-stocking looking difficult in the near future.

Side note: Heard on a news blurb this morning that there is a back order from gunshops around the country to major suppliers for more than 1,000,000 AR 30 round mags. ARs are back ordered with numbers not given. Stocks of 5.56 are sold as fast as they arrive,warehouses report shortages in the more popular rifle/pistol bullets.

Even .22LR is bought up. You know folks are spooked when .22 gets short.

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Rowlett Tx

#925 Jan 10, 2013
okimar wrote:
<quoted text>The SCOTUS reviews cases in which there is a question of Constitutionality. Civil rights are guarenteed by the Constitution,but are PRESERVED-as are ALL Amendments,by the presence of a free and ARMED citizenry. THAT,my friend,is what the 2nd Amendment is all about. An ARMED citizenry keeps a Government on notice that it rules only with the consent of the governed and is allowed ONLY the powers granted it to do so. To go down the road of oppression is to risk a change of representation in that government.
Armed people are citizen unarmed are subjects

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Level 7

Dump American Eagle

#926 Jan 10, 2013
EraserX wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't. And one solution for one incident wouldn't work for another. But that's not an excuse not to have a conversation at all. As yet, I have not heard Biden or Obama state that the US Government is considering banning all guns. That's just the rhetoric of fear mongers.
Its the track record the left has with guns,gun owners and their past successes at passing "baby step" laws to whittle down gun owners rights. Add Obama and his past history to the mix and thats what is leading all this worry and speculation.
Level 6

Location hidden

#927 Jan 10, 2013
okimar wrote:
<quoted text>You might just want to do an ammo check. All the popular calibers are flying off the shelves with re-stocking looking difficult in the near future.
Side note: Heard on a news blurb this morning that there is a back order from gunshops around the country to major suppliers for more than 1,000,000 AR 30 round mags. ARs are back ordered with numbers not given. Stocks of 5.56 are sold as fast as they arrive,warehouses report shortages in the more popular rifle/pistol bullets.
Fear sells. The NRA is loving it. Just feeding misinformation and pandering to the worst in us (collectively.) It's a shame but, hey, good for small business.

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Rowlett Tx

#928 Jan 10, 2013
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
a republic can not be a republic within its self..
other words states ruled within their borders, but must answer to the Central government... state militia was the law enforcement of the state , not the federal troops
we now have state police , didn't back in the beginning
but this becomes a tad complicated , no too lengthy to explain
I believe title 10 sets out militia. Everyone is in the militia from 18 to 45 or 65 with previous military experience. Militia last called out in Hawaii to defend against an expected invasion
Level 6

Location hidden

#929 Jan 10, 2013
okimar wrote:
<quoted text>Its the track record the left has with guns,gun owners and their past successes at passing "baby step" laws to whittle down gun owners rights. Add Obama and his past history to the mix and thats what is leading all this worry and speculation.
Let's look at the track record, shall we? As guns increase in power, speed, capacity our government has done what exactly? Shoot, even Obama loosened laws on where you could carry.

What's leading to worry and speculation is the worst in human beings being prodded by mainstream media (by that I mean Fox, various websites and talk radio.)

Tell you what, if anyone ever comes to take your guns away, I'll buy you a beer.

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Rowlett Tx

#930 Jan 10, 2013
okimar wrote:
<quoted text>You might just want to do an ammo check. All the popular calibers are flying off the shelves with re-stocking looking difficult in the near future.
The price of an AR has more than doubled. I bought a .223 bolt action for varmits but can't find cheap ammo. There is a little $30 a box ammo. Should have bought 22-250

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Level 7

Dump American Eagle

#931 Jan 10, 2013
EraserX wrote:
<quoted text>
Fear sells. The NRA is loving it. Just feeding misinformation and pandering to the worst in us (collectively.) It's a shame but, hey, good for small business.
Colt,Remington and other arms makers need to send Obama a thank you card or give him a salesman of the year award or something.

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Level 7

Dump American Eagle

#932 Jan 10, 2013
EraserX wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's look at the track record, shall we? As guns increase in power, speed, capacity our government has done what exactly? Shoot, even Obama loosened laws on where you could carry.
What's leading to worry and speculation is the worst in human beings being prodded by mainstream media (by that I mean Fox, various websites and talk radio.)
Tell you what, if anyone ever comes to take your guns away, I'll buy you a beer.
Obama "loosened" gun laws? Only because it was a rider attached to a HUGE spending Bill he wanted passed. He would never have signed it as a stand alone Bill. I seriously doubt all the fear mongering about confiscation but there can be provisions that can still be onerous to owners. NO one on the left can still define "reasonable" gun control that would be acceptable to REASONABLE gun owners. What we have now does work,more times than not. Another concern is that all this chatter with the VEEP'S committes will in the end only address MORE gun control and the mental health portions will be only marginally addressed,with little or no implementation. So then we are back to square one,with MORE gun laws that will be circumvented by the next loon with a woodie to light up a "gun free" area......

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Level 7

Dump American Eagle

#933 Jan 10, 2013
Denny Crain wrote:
<quoted text> The price of an AR has more than doubled. I bought a .223 bolt action for varmits but can't find cheap ammo. There is a little $30 a box ammo. Should have bought 22-250
I got mine right before the election. Cost a little over 600. The day after the election they began to fly out of the shops and the new ones coming in were 800 + and climbing. Now you can't find one. Ammo stocks are nil. I bought some with the rifle and a little more later on. Gun show next week end hoping for some target stuff there. Got the feeling it won't be as cheap as it used to be tho. This might put a cramp in my coyote/groundhog shooting this spring.

Location hidden

#934 Jan 10, 2013
okimar wrote:
<quoted text>Its the track record the left has with guns,gun owners and their past successes at passing "baby step" laws to whittle down gun owners rights. Add Obama and his past history to the mix and thats what is leading all this worry and speculation.
The track record that the right has with elementary school, theater and mall shootings suggests that you people are plotting more mayhem to exercise your 2A 'rights'.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 7 min Hoosier Hillbilly 54,696
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 9 min Hoosier Hillbilly 40,331
Ebola in America 14 min Hoosier Hillbilly 41
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 16 min Hoosier Hillbilly 29,552
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 32 min -Lea- 21,397
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 49 min Laura french 147,750
Add a word and drop a word (Jan '14) 53 min Vector aka Victor... 1,424
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 3 hr Heres lookin at y... 6,419
Missing posters.. (Jan '14) 4 hr SLY WEST 33

Weird People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE