Only cowards need guns

Posted in the Weird Forum

Comments (Page 43)

Showing posts 841 - 860 of7,306
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#875
Jan 10, 2013
 
Guess wrote:
<quoted text>
So what you are saying is that resistance is futile and we should have just got with the program and help push more Jews in ovens.
I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.
the US turned away a ship of German exiled Jews

The St. Louis was a German ship carrying 930 Jewish refugees from Nazi Germany to Cuba. When the ship set sail from Hamburg on May 13, 1939, all of its refugee passengers had legitimate landing certificates for Cuba.

However, during the two week voyage to Havana, the landing certificates granted by the Cuban director general of immigration in lieu of regular visas were invalidated by the pro-fascist Cuban government. When the St. Louis arrived in Havana on May 27 only 22 Jewish refugees were allowed entry.

Cuban President Federico Laredo Bru then insisted the ship and its remaining 900 Jews leave Havana. The refugees were also refused entry into the United States. Thus on June 6 the ship was forced to return to Europe.

The refugees were also refused entry into the United States.
Level 6

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#876
Jan 10, 2013
 
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
in that respect you are correct , but we panic .... most Japanese were 1st generations ... no excuse but
the 2nd is outdated needs a facelift , not a repeal , according to the words and law a new born can own arms , left out a few things as well... slaves/women .. freeman
means those are not in bondage to another [slaves in essence,debtors]


I agree. But too many people equate even a conversation about guns to an attempt to pry them out of their cold, dead hands - so to speak. We leap to conclusions and assume the worst.

The worst of it is seeing how many folks truly fear their own government. It's really a crazy world out there.

“WE WON TOPIX! YAY!”

Since: Jun 09

Rolling Meadows, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#877
Jan 10, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

EraserX wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. But too many people equate even a conversation about guns to an attempt to pry them out of their cold, dead hands - so to speak. We leap to conclusions and assume the worst.
The worst of it is seeing how many folks truly fear their own government. It's really a crazy world out there.
Crazier still is how many truly believe the government should fear it's citizens.

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#878
Jan 10, 2013
 
EraserX wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. But too many people equate even a conversation about guns to an attempt to pry them out of their cold, dead hands - so to speak. We leap to conclusions and assume the worst.
The worst of it is seeing how many folks truly fear their own government. It's really a crazy world out there.
I believe that is their exercise in reasoning to have guns , which are really controlled by states not federal government , in general not understanding how the system works
Level 6

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#879
Jan 10, 2013
 
Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>Crazier still is how many truly believe the government should fear it's citizens.
That's been one of my points - your assault rifle ain't going to be enough if Uncle Sam comes a knockin'. Your money is better off buried in a Mason jar in the back yard and your time is better spent attending political functions.

“ASPIRE 2 INSPIRE B4 U EXPIRE”

Level 8

Since: Jul 08

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#880
Jan 10, 2013
 
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
the supreme court , are you for real , hell no ... can see you aren't a TIMEX
Still deflecting judge
ANSWER THE QUESTION.

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#881
Jan 10, 2013
 
OUR FEARS ARE POINTED AT THE WRONG SOURCE:

What we still don't understand is why you Americans stopped the bombing of Hanoi. You had us on the ropes. If you had pressed us a little harder, just for another day or two, we were ready to surrender! It was the same at the battles of TET. You defeated us! We knew it, and we thought you knew it.

But we were elated to notice your media was definitely helping us. They were causing more disruption in America than we could in the battlefields. We were ready to surrender. You had won!"

General Giap... the media ... influenced American way of life since day one

EX: Common Sense is a pamphlet written by Thomas Paine.
EX: Obama elected

“defusing Bundy mind-bombs ”

Since: Nov 09

Earth Day -- every day

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#882
Jan 10, 2013
 
EraserX wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. But too many people equate even a conversation about guns to an attempt to pry them out of their cold, dead hands - so to speak. We leap to conclusions and assume the worst.
The worst of it is seeing how many folks truly fear their own government. It's really a crazy world out there.
They are actually in "fear" of their fellow citizens; the government as formed by the votes of the citizens; ok, and the money of lobbyists.

(It does take a lot of people power to overcome lobby power, I concede.)

Or Grover Norquist's power once that is corrupted absolutely.

OH yeah, the arsenals they must have to ward off invasions of Hell's Angels gangs, the police authorities, and/or the BATF.

If the military goes *batsh!t* amok, it ain't because *any* President and Congress are in control.

hmmm... maybe we all ought to watch those kind of movies again.

“ASPIRE 2 INSPIRE B4 U EXPIRE”

Level 8

Since: Jul 08

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#883
Jan 10, 2013
 
Here is a link with very good info on guns.

http://www.justfacts.com/guncontrol.asp

“"Always Thinking"”

Level 8

Since: Nov 12

Greensburg, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#884
Jan 10, 2013
 
*=* Supper "info" for those that dont know *=*

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#885
Jan 10, 2013
 
REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
Here is a link with very good info on guns.
http://www.justfacts.com/guncontrol.asp
"In general parlance, we are conservative/libertarian in our viewpoints..."

Have anything from across the aisle?

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Since: Jul 10

Rowlett Tx

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#886
Jan 10, 2013
 
EraserX wrote:
<quoted text>
Denny, you are not being reasonable. You wouldn't even get a third. Believe it or not, there are gun owners who actually support tighter gun controls. Again, the idea that you need your personal armory just in case you have to take down the government is ludicrous.
And, frankly, it's cowardly. You want to change the government? Stop arguing ridiculous positions and change it from the inside.
Do you think the military would fire on citizens who were supporting the rights they have under the constitution? There would be a number of political assassination if they tried to seize guns by force. I know how people in Texas feel about their right to have guns. I hope the liberal come after this full out. They will be defeated in office. Nearly all states have carry laws now.

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Since: Jul 10

Rowlett Tx

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#887
Jan 10, 2013
 
EraserX wrote:
<quoted text>
And who won at Waco? This is NOT Iran.
The point is in Iran the military did not support the government. Our military is very conservative and are sworn to defend the constitution. I don't think the military would take illegal orders.

“... SUMMER TIME ...”

Since: Aug 08

AND THE LIVIN IS EAZY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#888
Jan 10, 2013
 
... for all of us please stop the sale of assult muskets ... and all cannonballs should be made from nerf ...
Level 6

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#889
Jan 10, 2013
 
Denny Crain wrote:
<quoted text>Do you think the military would fire on citizens who were supporting the rights they have under the constitution? There would be a number of political assassination if they tried to seize guns by force. I know how people in Texas feel about their right to have guns. I hope the liberal come after this full out. They will be defeated in office. Nearly all states have carry laws now.
Yes, I think a good percentage of them would. They are sworn to serve the government. Traitor is still an epithet that carries weight.

The conservatives are letting the lunatics ruin their party. I do sincerely hope that they manage to reign in the fringe. And, Denny, history will show that the liberals - at least in places - were on the winning team. Digging your feet in the dirt and screaming "NO!" is not a valid political position any more.

And I've lived in TX. I know all about that.
Level 6

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#890
Jan 10, 2013
 
Denny Crain wrote:
<quoted text>The point is in Iran the military did not support the government. Our military is very conservative and are sworn to defend the constitution. I don't think the military would take illegal orders.
But the orders would be legal.
Level 6

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#891
Jan 10, 2013
 
GMGMIKE wrote:
... for all of us please stop the sale of assult muskets ... and all cannonballs should be made from nerf ...
A nerf cannon would be so cool...

“ASPIRE 2 INSPIRE B4 U EXPIRE”

Level 8

Since: Jul 08

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#892
Jan 10, 2013
 
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
"In general parlance, we are conservative/libertarian in our viewpoints..."
Have anything from across the aisle?
I don't know where you got your info, but after perusing the entire site, I find it to be well thought out, informative, filled with verifiable sources and unbiased. Of course, that may not sit well with you, since you seem to want a totally biased source that on;ly supports your preconceived opinions.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#893
Jan 10, 2013
 
Denny Crain wrote:
<quoted text>Do you think the military would fire on citizens who were supporting the rights they have under the constitution? There would be a number of political assassination if they tried to seize guns by force. I know how people in Texas feel about their right to have guns. I hope the liberal come after this full out. They will be defeated in office. Nearly all states have carry laws now.
So you want to fight a "tyrannical government" with your big, bad semi-automatic rifles, but are not willing to die for what you believe in?

And threatening political assassinations - even on a public forum - my guess is that the Justice Department will be paying you a visit soon.

I'm sure glad you weren't in any of my units in the service.

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#894
Jan 10, 2013
 
Denny Crain wrote:
<quoted text>Do you think the military would fire on citizens who were supporting the rights they have under the constitution? There would be a number of political assassination if they tried to seize guns by force. I know how people in Texas feel about their right to have guns. I hope the liberal come after this full out. They will be defeated in office. Nearly all states have carry laws now.
where in the hell do you keep getting this idea of seizing guns ,,,,, where in the hell do you live TEXAS

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 841 - 860 of7,306
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

275 Users are viewing the Weird Forum right now

Search the Weird Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 4 min Proud To Be Trina 14,809
Stupid things to ponder ... (Feb '08) 8 min Ozzie 5,642
How Long Have You Won in "Last Post Wins" thread? (Jan '09) 9 min Hey Its Emma 6,660
Fake book titles game (Feb '10) 13 min Old Sam 3,965
Goats Milk with Princess (Jan '10) 15 min okimar 45,936
The Night Owl Saloon (Jun '11) 16 min Maverick 808 15,586
What's for dinner? (Feb '12) 21 min Ozzie 6,964
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 27 min Mister_ E 141,204
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 28 min Big dawg 34,930
Woman Flees Topless After Being Caught Shoplifting 39 min Marley 31
•••
•••