anon

Carrollton, GA

#7652 Feb 3, 2014
Martin was certainly no Saint,in his short life he had been in trouble for fighting,selling drugs in school..He was suspended from School at the time of the incident..He left Mami,went 200 mies to visit hs Father,when he should of been home instead of taking a vacation..
The media never showed the pictures of this teen except when he was12 ...
Zimmerman,was no Saint either he had many year's ofn this troubled teen,I did believe however Zimmerman,was innocent..Since the trail he has showed his true color's he is a "HISPANIC' thug that will en d up in jail like his buddy O.J.that was found innocent.SMH..O.J. has been siting in prison for year's because he is a criminal,and eventually Zimmerman will be there with him..
"Karma,is a BIOTCH and so is O.J.and Zimmerman,it will not be long until Zimmerman will be getting free Sex,and getting fatter than O.J.Life is sweet!!!

“Roses in September”

Level 6

Since: Jan 13

I ain't Misbehavin'

#7653 Feb 3, 2014
There is a difference between 'not guilty' or free of criminal culpability and 'innocent'. If you kill someone in self defense, as in the Zimmerman case, you are 'not guilty' of any criminal offense in most of the United States...however, you are not 'innocent'.

'Not guilty' is used to express specifically WHAT you are not guilty of, by jury verdict...whether or not you are 'innocent' or not is another matter entirely.

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#7655 Feb 3, 2014
only in a Capital case ... other a re-trial can be done a guilty verdict ... be found
Islander

United States

#7657 Feb 3, 2014
Marysville Ohio wrote:
<quoted text>That's the media for ya! They'll harp on the fact that a door-knocker was a war hero and make a HUGE DEAL out of the fact that the door-knocker was old and an Alzheimer's patient when the guy who killed him was just exercising his 2A right to sneak up on door-knockers and kill them. Shall NOT be infringed, right? The door-knocker should have armed himself.
If that is what you have gathered from what was said then your reading comprehension is severely lacking. More likely your just a spin doctor like Barefoot. Never was said or implied that the old man was guilty of anything or that the homeowners actions were justified. Nor was it said or implied that he was exercising his 2nd amendment right when he snuck up on him. What was clearly being said was that it is not an incident that deserves a big sensationalized media storm in order to push a misguided political agenda to restrict the 2nd amendment. It is also wrong when barefoot uses his status as a war vet and grandfather in an attempt to play on peoples emotions. If he is an innocent victim, he is an innocent victim. His status as a war hero and grandfather is arbitrary and irrelevant to the issue. Start addressing the real issues of what is wrong with society and is the real cause of this crap. Media driven fear mongering that has caused people to feel everyother person is rapist, pedo, or mall shooter. That the problem is that people have the second amendment. That we treat the mentally derange as victims he deserve to be catered to and have a place in normal society instead of being out into homes where they can be properly monitored. The self-centered narcissistic consumer culture we are raising children in. They way we glorify crazed psycho's and give them the attention they are looking for when we plaster their faces on every form of media and talk about them over and over again. Or rogue police who taser old ladies and shoot out the windows of vans with children in them. These are the real causes of the violence and senselessness today. Among other things. No people like you rather find a scapegoat in a lifeless tool and free and responsible people's right to have them. These actions are those of a true coward.
Ozzie

Concord, CA

#7658 Feb 3, 2014
Islander

United States

#7659 Feb 3, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not really.
After you are charged, you are "not guilty", not innocent.
You Spin everything, don't you. Do you always twist words and play games in order to try and make your point?

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#7660 Feb 3, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe Martin would have been killed if the pedophile waited for the cops like he was told?
the part I can't understand is after Martin gave Zimmerman the slip.. down the dark passage between the buildings... why didn't he just keep on heading down the path to his father's apartment?

also... if you time the point in the audio where the authorities tell Zimmerman to not follow, he was already on the cross walk, and had turned to go back to his vehicle when encountered by Martin...

Seems to me that if Martin were in a secluded, dark, hiding place, he could have remained there for a few more minutes, and after Zimmerman was out of sight... easily skipped down the path back to home... but instead... he chose to engage.

That engagement cost him his life...

Level 5

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#7661 Feb 3, 2014
Gnu Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're not going to answer the question?
I guess you think you get to ask loaded questions, but no one else, eh?

Level 5

Location hidden

#7662 Feb 3, 2014
Gnu Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
It is better that 100 guilty go free than for one innocent to hang.
What planet are you on?

Certainly, not from earth and not from the USA.

Here, if we get 9 out of 10 right, that would be high marks and of course we can be sure the one we miss will be black guy with no money.

Level 5

Location hidden

#7663 Feb 3, 2014
Gnu Guy wrote:
I believe OJ killed Ron and Nicole but that doesn't mean squat. He's INNOCENT of murder.
No, Shug: He's 'not guilty'.

Level 5

Location hidden

#7664 Feb 3, 2014
Gnu Guy wrote:
He is innocent until proven guilty
After the court drops the gavel he is not guilty until proven guilty.

When's the last time you have heard the jury announce someone innocent, shug?

Level 5

Location hidden

#7665 Feb 3, 2014
anon wrote:
Martin was certainly no Saint
Martin wasn't nominated for being a saint.

One way he differs from zimmerman is: he wasn't sticking his finger inside his six year old cousin.

Another would be: Martin wasn't the one with the arrest record.

Level 5

Location hidden

#7666 Feb 3, 2014
anon wrote:
The media never showed the pictures of this teen except when he was12 ...!
You're a liar.

Level 5

Location hidden

#7667 Feb 3, 2014
Gnu Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, all defendants have the presumption of innocence until proven guilty.
As we have pointed out to you 27 times: once the trial begins, you are not found "innocent".

Presumption of innocence is not the same thing.

Maybe you should stop hiding from jury duty and learn something?

Level 5

Location hidden

#7668 Feb 3, 2014
Capn Greg wrote:
<quoted text>
the part I can't understand is after Martin gave Zimmerman the slip.. down the dark passage between the buildings... why didn't he just keep on heading down the path to his father's apartment?
You mean him being black and all he should not have been on the sidewalk?

Level 5

Location hidden

#7669 Feb 3, 2014
Capn Greg wrote:
.. but instead... he chose to engage.
You mean when the pedophile put himself between Martin and Martin's house and pulled out his gun, Martin should have scream massah massah please don't kill me massah?
Independent

United States

#7671 Feb 3, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
Yes.
And as most people would say: it is only a matter of time.
Already have "told ya so" loaded.
Not sure why it should matter now. But, hey, if it floats a boat, have fun with your fishing trip.

Yes, most people say that, I tend to lean that direction as well.

You won't be "telling me" anything new. You can save the "told ya so's" for those who matter.

:^P
Independent

United States

#7676 Feb 3, 2014
Gnu Guy wrote:
You're getting nasty. Is it because I refuse to agree with your view of our judicial system?
Too bad, sweetie. Get used to it. I served my country for the right to have and express my opinion and as long as I do so within the guidelines of Topix, I'll continue to do so here.
Well said.

Thank you for your service.

:^D

Level 5

Location hidden

#7677 Feb 3, 2014
Gnu Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
How was that a loaded question?
Do you know what a loaded question is?

Level 5

Location hidden

#7678 Feb 3, 2014
Gnu Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Terra Firma, Earth
<quoted text>
Actually I'm from the sovereign nation of Texas, planet Earth.
Well then we know you are full of cr@p.

If you don't want to be part of the USA, you can slip across to one of those Mormon states across the border.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 8 min -Lea- 20,524
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 9 min ChromiuMan 116,713
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 22 min Wolftracks 147,216
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 1 hr My Location Show 36,496
Favorite lines from a song (Mar '08) 1 hr liam cul8r 3,614
Words "with more than one meaning" (Sep '12) 1 hr -patricia- 254
The long list of thing I'll never do (Jul '13) 2 hr Go Blue Forever 295
the good old days ..... 3 hr Hoosier Hillbilly 26
What Could Be Sweet,...? 7 hr SLY WEST 39
•••