Comments
6,921 - 6,940 of 7,306 Comments Last updated Feb 25, 2014
Time Traveler

United States

#7508 Jan 27, 2014
A noted pundit wrote:
You're deflecting again. Why would my having/not having guns matter in my assertion that it's ridiculous to compare the alleged deadliness of cellphones to the obvious deadliness of guns?
Guns are made to kill.
Cellphones are made to communicate.
Guns are indeed made to kill, but they kill less than so many other things. You know the list of things of which I speak. Isn't it time to ban those things that kill more than guns? Start with the highest rate of death causes and work your way to guns when they reach the number 1 killer.

“frequently laughing”

Level 8

Since: Apr 09

Hotel California

#7509 Jan 27, 2014
A noted pundit wrote:
<quoted text>You're deflecting again. Why would my having/not having guns matter in my assertion that it's ridiculous to compare the alleged deadliness of cellphones to the obvious deadliness of guns?
Guns are made to kill.
Cellphones are made to communicate.
Again, most privately owned guns in the US will not kill an animal let alone a human, majority of the time it is targets.
Phones can and do cause distractions that have harmed or killed the user or others.

I'm not sure where you picked your stats from but from what I've read the mortality rates are notably higher for distracted driving, phone usage, than guns. The fact that there are more phones than guns out there I'm sure has something to do with it. The part that some people are so self absorbed that that text is more important than another life is an aside.

So, to me, the original intent does not matter, the outcome does. If the outcome is injury or death, then they are similar even if it's from unintended consequences.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Level 10

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#7511 Jan 27, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
Crazy people kill kids, not guns. Lock up the crazies; for public safety.
barefoot2626 wrote:
You mean like the "crazy kid" 71 year old ex-cop killing someone for texting in a movie theater?
Not "crazy kid", "Crazy people kill kids", like Adam Lanza, the Sandy Hook mass murderer you cited earlier.
Little is known so far about Adam Lanza, the alleged Newtown, Conn., elementary school shooter, but anyone who could shoot a terrified child and say to himself, "That was fun -- I think I'll do it 20 more times!" is not all there.

It has been reported that Lanza's mother, his first victim, was trying to have him involuntarily committed to a mental institution, triggering his rage. If true -- and the media seem remarkably uninterested in finding out if it is true -- Mrs. Lanza would have had to undergo a long and grueling process, unlikely to succeed.

As The New York Times' Joe Nocera recently wrote: "Connecticut's laws are so restrictive in terms of the proof required to get someone committed that Adam Lanza's mother would probably not have been able to get him help even if she had tried."

Taking guns away from single women who live alone and other law-abiding citizens without mental illnesses will do nothing about the Chos, Loughners, Holmeses or Lanzas. Such people have to be separated from civil society, for the public's sake as well as their own. But this is nearly impossible because the ACLU has decided that being psychotic is a civil right.
Ann Coulter
http://www.anncoulter.com/columns/2013-01-16....
What's the story with the 71 year old ex-cop; did he use a rubber band to shoot a rude texter?
Time Traveler

United States

#7512 Jan 27, 2014
Here is an interesting new bullet.
I placed an order.

http://g2rip.com/

Level 5

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#7514 Jan 27, 2014
Always Wary wrote:
I'm not sure where you picked your stats from but from what I've read the mortality rates are notably higher for distracted driving, phone usage, than guns.
You read it the same place that you said most guns couldn't kill when with very few exceptions guns were created for that exact function.

The 32,500 killed last year in the USA by guns would be some indication that you don't know what you are talking about.

Level 5

Location hidden

#7515 Jan 27, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>Not "crazy kid", "
Quoting you Shug.

You need to take notes?

“"Eatin' Ain't Cheatin!"”

Level 1

Since: Sep 06

Thompson's Station, Tn

#7516 Jan 28, 2014
McDonald's has probably taken more lives than guns.

Where do we stop at creating laws to protect the citizens?

Level 1

Thompson's Station, Tn

#7517 Jan 28, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Crazy people kill kids, not guns. Lock up the crazies; for public safety.

You nailed it!

The Senator from Virginia was on 60 Minutes trying to get psychiatric treatment for his troubled 20ish son. The hospitals only treat the sick for a few hours. The son stabbed his father and then the son shot himself.

We used to have State run psychiatric hospitals decades ago. Most are shut down and a lot of patients lost their therapy, medications, and some became homeless.

“Ami in Bavaria”

Level 4

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#7518 Jan 28, 2014
Stuges wrote:
Why can't gun owners step up with their hands and fight like men? Cowards.
Why are you an idiot?

http://www.1x1kredit.de

“Ami in Bavaria”

Level 4

Location hidden

#7519 Jan 28, 2014
Always Wary wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think one human is of more valuable than another.
Pure BS! I am much more valuable than anyone I know. And if I have to shoot someone to stay alive then so be it.

http://ihr-erfolg.1jx.de/

Level 5

Location hidden

#7520 Jan 28, 2014
Mexican Hillbilly wrote:
<quoted text>
You nailed it!
The Senator from Virginia was on 60 Minutes trying to get psychiatric treatment for his troubled 20ish son. The hospitals only treat the sick for a few hours. The son stabbed his father and then the son shot himself.
If he had had an AR-15, he could have instead shot 20 kids.

The is something wrong with people who insist they have a right to sell deadly weapons to complete strangers.

Level 1

Thompson's Station, Tn

#7522 Jan 28, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
The is something wrong with people who insist they have a right to sell deadly weapons to complete strangers.
I am pretty much a pacifist. I'm too old to go one on one unless you mess with my kids.

I don't own guns.

I'm with Uncle Ted!

Be Responsible!

60 Minutes went into Charleston Heston's basement a few years ago after his passing. Thank God nobody tried to break into his house.....even the military from other countries!
Get a Clue

Mesquite, NV

#7523 Jan 28, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
This statement show's in it's entirety, how completely clueless and uninformed you are on the subject of firearms and the right to bear them.
You obviously have no understanding of an AR-15, or any gun for that matter,

Level 5

Location hidden

#7524 Jan 28, 2014
Mexican Hillbilly wrote:
I'm with Uncle Ted!
Uncle Ted was a 'pacifist', too.

But we called them chicken hawk draft dodgers in my day- not the pacifists who (at least) had the balls to stand up and declare they opposed the war, but those like Uncle Ted who became such a brave man, dressing up like a soldier in his 50s while hiding in his 20's.

A commandant in the Rush Limbaugh army.

“Ami in Bavaria”

Level 4

Location hidden

#7525 Jan 29, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I see that you are a total idiot and have your head up your azz.

http://www.crossfitsupplement.wordpress.com/

Level 1

Thompson's Station, Tn

#7526 Jan 29, 2014
Yesterday in Tennessee a 1st grader took his mother's 22 cal. pistol to school to show a classmate.
The safety was on but they are still trying to find out if it was loaded.- Channel 5 News.
Remember Common Sense?
I remember a radio interview with Uncle Ted about The Freedom to Bear Arms. He also promoted the common sense and RESPONSIBILTY to bear arms!
1. Know how to shoot
2. Know how to clean
3. KNOW HOW TO STORE YOUR WEAPONS!

Uncle Ted and Charley Heston made it so easy.

Level 1

Thompson's Station, Tn

#7527 Jan 29, 2014
By the way, they were thinking of the possibility of arresting this child.
A First Grader?!!! Common Sense? AHHHH!

Level 5

Location hidden

#7528 Jan 29, 2014
Mexican Hillbilly wrote:
By the way, they were thinking of the possibility of arresting this child.
A First Grader?!!!
A) They weren't.
B) Clearly: His mother should be charged.

Level 5

Location hidden

#7529 Jan 29, 2014
Get a Clue wrote:
<quoted text> This statement show's in it's entirety, how completely clueless and uninformed you are on the subject of firearms and the right to bear them.
You obviously have no understanding of an AR-15, or any gun for that matter,
Because an AR-15 has never ever been used to kill twenty school children, eh?

Level 5

Location hidden

#7530 Jan 29, 2014
Ami_ARK wrote:
<quoted text>I see that you are a total idiot and have your head up your azz.
/
I see that you are a total idiot and have your head in your boyfriend's lap and he looks like at least he is having a good time..

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Something Different 6 min Grace Nerissa 131
Fergson Police Dept. 11 min Hoosier Hillbilly 359
"BEWARE of ISIS!" 12 min Spirit67_ 10
Create "short sentences using the last word" (Aug '12) 14 min Grace Nerissa 6,839
nascar.... (Feb '14) 16 min Spirit67_ 412
what are you wearing? (Mar '12) 19 min Spirit67_ 220
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 20 min Spirit67_ 18,606
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr the wandering girl 145,323
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 6 hr Princess Hey 28,512
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 6 hr LOST IN MISSISSIPPI 35,981
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Weird People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••