Only cowards need guns

Level 5

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#7466 Jan 10, 2014
I think you are scared wrote:
Shall not be infringed means NO laws. What's with this "exceptions"?
"Like most rights, the Second Amendment right is not unlimited. It is not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose: For example, concealed weapons prohibitions have been upheld under the Amendment or state analogues. The Court’s opinion should not be taken to cast doubt on longstanding prohibitions on the possession of firearms by felons and the mentally ill, or laws forbidding the carrying of firearms in sensitive places such as schools and government buildings, or laws imposing conditions and qualifications on the commercial sale of arms.[United States v.] Miller’s holding that the sorts of weapons protected are those “in common use at the time” finds support in the historical tradition of prohibiting the carrying of dangerous and unusual weapons."

Justice Scalia
This Century
Heller Decision
from the Supreme Court of the United States

Level 5

Location hidden

#7467 Jan 10, 2014
Why do you hate the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA?
Why do you illegally collect pictures of naked boys?

“Crude, Rude, and Lewd!”

Level 7

Since: Jun 08

Sayonara Falls.

#7468 Jan 10, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think we would have 15 mass school killings in one year?
Ask China.
Short Answer

Upper Sandusky, OH

#7469 Jan 10, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you illegally collect pictures of naked boys?
Because he's a DemoPERV!!!!!!

“ASPIRE 2 INSPIRE B4 U EXPIRE”

Level 8

Since: Jul 08

USA

#7471 Jan 10, 2014
Texas Two Step wrote:
<quoted text>Let me guess. Youre a Texan? Hehehehehehehe. That document you bandy about is one made for the republic, Now you ohhhhhhh so conveniently want each state to interpret? Oh that'll be rich. Make up ur fkn mind cheesedyck.
Why yes, I am a Texan as are my ancestors for over 200 years. Although that has no bearing on my opinion. And since you are obviously of intellect, since you must revert to insults and filthy language in your feeble attempt to communicate, i will cease to communicate with you. To have a battle of wits, my opponent at least needs some wits.

Level 8

USA

#7472 Jan 10, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
No want is making firearms disappear.
We are making laws to make it harder for people like you to get them, sell them, and carry them, to make it safer for the 90 percent of Americans who tire of your immorality.
Poor misunderstood child, what kind of person am I. Enlighten us with your rapier wit.
It has been fun punching holes in your arguments since you came on this thread, but you begin to bore me with your inability to make a cohesive statement. And your assumptions are so predictable.

Level 8

USA

#7473 Jan 10, 2014
<quoted text>You may be on my side but I am nowhere close to being on your side. Why do you need to paraphrase this:
A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
Shall not be infringed means NO laws. What's with this "exceptions"? They were "understood"? They went without saying? What else went without saying? How would we know? They didn't say. And you think a 'hodge-podge" of laws, varying from state to state is better than the Federal government setting the standard for all states? Why do you hate the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA? Why do you mistake it for Europe, where each country is it's own state with it's own laws?
So, then you believe that ALL citizens, regardless of their ability to make rational decisions should have access to all forms of arms. Who cares if they are a psychopath and revel in the use of arms to slaughter innocent citizens. Who cares if they are a pedophile and will use the arms to use and abuse innocent children. Who cares if they only have an I.Q. of 50 and the mental acuity of a 5 year old. Let them exercise their god given right to own arms and use them as they see fit.
A hodge podge of laws is precisely what our founding fathers wanted, within the framework of our founding documents is the right of the individual States to be free from an overbearing central government. The corrupt central government has used and abused its might to force the States to adhere to the desires of the central government in direct violation of the separation of powers and the rights of the States.
I challenge you to find any statement I have ever made any where on Topix that could be construed in any way to indicate that I hate the United States of America.

Level 1

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#7474 Jan 10, 2014
I wish Barefoot could have been here (Louisiana) after Katrina. It would be clear that laws mean nothing in chaos. Better have the means to protect yourself because cell phones were out-of-order. Call the police? How? With what? Police were busy doing other things (those few who were here).
The truth is you are better off defending yourself, when necessary, than you are counting on someone else to do that for you. That is your responsibility.
Barefoot...grow up.

Level 5

Location hidden

#7475 Jan 10, 2014
REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor misunderstood child, what kind of person am I. Enlighten us with your rapier wit.
It has been fun punching holes
The only holes involved here are the ones in the rubber your daddy was using.

The world has suffered for it.

Level 5

Location hidden

#7476 Jan 10, 2014
REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
<quoted text>
Why yes, I am a Texan as are my ancestors for over 200 years
Sure you are.

And your grandmother is 1/64 Cherokee.

Level 5

Location hidden

#7477 Jan 10, 2014
Saint Edward wrote:
I wish Barefoot could have been here (Louisiana) after Katrina.
I would be stuck with a bunch of crackers with firearms.

Louisiana has been the deadliest state for homicides long before Katrina.

And long after.

I guess you can blame that on Katrina, too.

Level 5

Location hidden

#7478 Jan 10, 2014
Saint Edward wrote:
I Police were busy doing other things (those few who were here).
Yes, I remember they were busy killing unarmed mentally retarded people.

Level 5

Location hidden

#7479 Jan 10, 2014
Saint Edward wrote:
I wish Barefoot could have been here (Louisiana) after Katrina. It would be clear that laws mean nothing in chaos.
I've been flooded out three times.

I've never had to use weapons to defend my home during the floods.

Of course, I am not surrounded by Louisianans who apparently think it's open season when the water rises.

Level 8

USA

#7481 Jan 10, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
The only holes involved here are the ones in the rubber your daddy was using.
The world has suffered for it.
Deary, your illiteracy is showing again. When you have nothing to add to the conversation, you resort to pathetic attempts to denigrate your betters.
WHAT A MAROON
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHA

“Big Sur”

Level 8

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#7482 Jan 23, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Or you work in his office.
He's discharged weapons there too...
When I worked for the Police Dept. years ago, we had a cop that went in to use the restroom, he put his gun w/gun-belt on the back of the door and it fell. The gun went off and IA had to come out and do a full investigation.

I live in AZ, the right to carry and no registration state. I'm ok with the no registration but I don't like seeing people who I have no idea who they are, carrying out in the open. On the good side of it, if there is some mentally deranged person coming in the store or wherever, they'll shoot the person they see with the gun first!

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Level 10

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#7483 Jan 24, 2014
Thanks to people who carry guns; you don't have to.

Level 5

Location hidden

#7484 Jan 24, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
Thanks to people who carry guns; you don't have to.
Just ask the parents of the kids killed by the gun gnutter in Sandy Hook.

“If it ain't broke don't fix it”

Level 9

Since: Jul 09

Arcadia, LA.

#7485 Jan 24, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Just ask the parents of the kids killed by the gun gnutter in Sandy Hook.
I'd argue that the world would be a much safer place if liberal nut jobs like that shooter didn't have legal access to guns. However, liberals love killing kids so much, they'd find a way around any law banning their access to deadly weapons.
Onions Smell

Beverly Hills, CA

#7487 Jan 24, 2014
If no one could have a gun in the first place (I know, black market, build your own, etc., but I'm speaking theoretically) then hand to hand combat would suffice, wouldn't it? And less people will die, and less money will be spent, no? And maybe we'll all be more fit lol

But I guess the big issue is that not everyone has the body, the discipline, or the talent to defend against most who would attack them, and the availability of guns does address that.

I don't know if I'm for or against guns, but some things about gun wielders scare me sometimes. For example, reebie.

"cant fight like a man cuz Im a girl, with a pretty little titanium rainbow Sig Saur 380..tucked neatly in my purse.."

I have nothing against you, and indeed I have no idea who you are or what you're like, and I agree that if you won't be able to defend yourself without a gun, then it's good to keep one, but the way you wrote here is kind of disturbing. It seems as if there is an element of vanity to the gun you carry in your purse.
Onions Smell

Beverly Hills, CA

#7488 Jan 24, 2014
Sorry, responded to the first page of the entire thread. Didn't realize.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A to Z songs by title or group! (Dec '16) 42 min Mister_ E 2,161
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 54 min Mister_ E 220,927
only TWO words! (Nov '08) 2 hr Crazy Jae 27,951
Whatcha' doing? (Apr '12) 2 hr Crazy Jae 8,941
What Turns You Off? (Jan '17) 2 hr Sublime1 985
4 Word Game (Use Same Letter) (Dec '14) 2 hr Alyssa76 1,911
News Man Accused of Smuggling King Cobras in Potato ... 2 hr Abrahamanic Relig... 1
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 4 hr Fish_sticks 24,068
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 5 hr Crazy Jae 4,670
More from around the web