Only cowards need guns

Level 5

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#7323 May 3, 2013
Will Munny wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, people do kill people.
Gee, because it seems that anyone who is fighting for gun safety legislation is under the impression that guns jump off the shelf and do it by themselves.

The requirement for universal background checks is directed at the PEOPLE who sell guns, honey.

Level 5

Location hidden

#7324 May 3, 2013
Will Munny wrote:
And, I never stated there was a proposed law to outlaw all guns?
...if guns are outlawed, then only outlaws will have guns...

Ring a bell, Shug?

Level 5

Location hidden

#7325 May 3, 2013
[QUOTE who="Will Munny"
I've already stated that my child was a she.
[/QUOTE]

You don't really think I care, or that I believe anything you say?

And you should be a little smarter than to trot your family out here, you must not like them very much.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Level 10

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#7326 May 3, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
Since the ratio is about 40-1, savings lives versus taking lives, it isn't very hard.
Please cite.

Level 5

Location hidden

#7327 May 3, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Please cite.
Take your pick.

Level 5

Location hidden

#7328 May 3, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Please cite.
Hert's one:

A study of all gunshot injuries in Galveston, Texas, over a 3-year period found only 2 that were related to residential burglary or robbery. In one, the homeowner was shot and killed by a burglar; in the other, the homeowner shot the burglar. During the same interval, guns in the home were involved in the death and injury of more than 100 residents, family members, friends, or acquaintances.[100]

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Level 10

Home, sweet home.

#7329 May 3, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
Hert's one: A study of all gunshot injuries in Galveston, Texas, over a 3-year period found only 2 that were related to residential burglary or robbery. In one, the homeowner was shot and killed by a burglar; in the other, the homeowner shot the burglar. During the same interval, guns in the home were involved in the death and injury of more than 100 residents, family members, friends, or acquaintances.[100]
A study of death finds death; no surprise here. How many intruders were turned over to lawmen without a homicide? I'll bet that's more common in Texas.

Level 5

Location hidden

#7330 May 3, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>A study of death finds death; no surprise here.
Funny: you insist you need proof that the majority of fatalities involve members of the household and I give it to you and then you say the study of fatalities finds that people are killed isn't surprising.

Wipe your chin, boy.

“Easy does it... ”

Level 5

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#7331 May 3, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Claptrap.
The universal background check REQUIRES a background check.
That is why they call it: background check.
If you do not support a universal background check, you support firearms to strangers without restrictions.
I don't give two sh!ts what you say you might do, i.e., you personally would sell to someone who uses background checks.
Stay out of the litter box.
No person could possibly be as dense as you appear to be.

For one, selecting one sentence from my post does not take away the rest of the post, or take away the message of that post.

And there you go again, telling me what I would or I wouldn't do. Anyone that can read, can tell for themselves that you're completely full of hot air. Or possibly something else, as you seem to enjoy staying in a litter box.

“Easy does it... ”

Level 5

Location hidden

#7332 May 3, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't really think I care, or that I believe anything you say?
And you should be a little smarter than to trot your family out here, you must not like them very much.
Actually, I love them very much.

I merely used them as an example that law abiding families as a whole, can be responsible gun owners. Of course this you already knew, but will probably misconstrue it, to the warped and unrecognizable fashion that you tend to do, on statements made by other people.

But you're right, I shouldn't have mentioned them.

I didn't realize I was talking to a loon.

Level 5

Location hidden

#7333 May 3, 2013
Will Munny wrote:
<
And there you go again, telling me what I would or I wouldn't do.
Either you support universal background checks, or you'd sell firearms to felons and wife beaters or approve of those who do.

According to your posts.

Try some Scope, dear.

Level 5

Location hidden

#7334 May 3, 2013
Will Munny wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, I love them very much.
It seems you care more about winning an argument from someone you don't know even though the position you hold is untenable.

Level 5

Location hidden

#7335 May 3, 2013
Will Munny wrote:
I didn't realize I was talking to a loon.
Funny how you are the one holding your kids up to reidcule in an argument with someone you don't know where you insist people have a right to sell firearms to complete strangers knowing one in ten people are felons and more are wife beaters and yet you call me a loon.

Level 5

Location hidden

#7336 May 3, 2013
Will Munny wrote:
For one, selecting one sentence from my post does not take away the rest of the post, or take away the message of that post.
All I need is one post, dear.

And you have made your position clear: you are comfortable with people selling firearms to strangers without the protection universal background checks would provide.

“ASPIRE 2 INSPIRE B4 U EXPIRE”

Level 8

Since: Jul 08

USA

#7337 May 3, 2013
[Video] FL Gas Station Clerk Wins Gun Battle Against Multiple, Armed Robbers

http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/Gas-Station-Mana...

Shell casings littered a Mobil gas station parking lot after an armed robbery and exchange of fire shut down the business in West Park Monday afternoon, authorities said.

The incident happened when the two robbery suspects approached the clerk and demanded money at the Mobil station at 3250 Pembroke Road, the Broward Sheriff's Office said.

The clerk complied, but one of the suspects fired at him, and he returned fire, possibly hitting one of the men, detectives said......

Level 5

Location hidden

#7338 May 3, 2013
REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
[Video] FL Gas Station Clerk Wins Gun Battle Against Multiple, Armed Robbers
Three elderly people were killed during a possible murder-suicide Wednesday in Hacienda Heights.
By Joseph Serna

May 1, 2013, 11:30 a.m.

Three people were killed Wednesday in a shooting in Hacienda Heights, Los Angeles County fire officials said.

Residents in the 15900 block of Ladysmith Street -- a cul-de-sac south of the 60 Freeway near Hacienda Boulevard -- reported hearing gunshots about 9:10 a.m.

When medics arrived, two people were dead and a third person was suffering from a gunshot wound. That person was airlifted to a hospital but died en route.

Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department homicide detectives are investigating.

The last homicide in Hacienda Heights was Feb. 24, according to a Times database.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Level 10

Home, sweet home.

#7339 May 4, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
Funny: you insist you need proof that the majority of fatalities involve members of the household and I give it to you and then you say the study of fatalities finds that people are killed isn't surprising. Wipe your chin, boy.
I'm not using fatalities to push my political goals; this is where we differ.

"Yeah it was called Fast & Furious. Headline: Obama Blames U.S. For Gun Violence In Mexico."
http://www.anncoulter.com/

“Easy does it... ”

Level 5

Location hidden

#7340 May 4, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
All I need is one post, dear.
And you have made your position clear: you are comfortable with people selling firearms to strangers without the protection universal background checks would provide.
Your warped version of what I stated...(above). I'm making this clear to you for obvious reasons.

Now a copy paste (of my own post, BELOW)in which you're apparently referring to..#7317 to be exact.

-I've always felt that any private party (such as myself) that has the desire to sell their firearms, should be required to go through a third party (such as a dealer) that has the ability to check the background of the first two parties involved, plus the history of the firearm itself it were involved in a crime.-

Now if both parties, the buyer and seller (concerning any private parties.. I only used myself as an example),should have to have a background check, plus the firearms history be researched to be absolutely sure it wasn't involved in any crime... how can you take what was said by me, and honestly say that I do not support a universal background check? Unless by universal, you meant whatever planet you came from.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#7341 May 4, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>A study of death finds death; no surprise here. How many intruders were turned over to lawmen without a homicide? I'll bet that's more common in Texas.
Plus, what 3 years were studied?

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#7342 May 4, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>A study of death finds death; no surprise here. How many intruders were turned over to lawmen without a homicide? I'll bet that's more common in Texas.
Lol, it thinks statistics of 3 years from 1 city in 1 state proves its point for the whole nation! Lmao!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 3 min Sublime1 2,772
True False Game (Jun '11) 5 min SweLL GirL 13,602
5 Letter Word, Change 1 Letter (Oct '15) 8 min SweLL GirL 6,211
News Patriots fan charged with pulling alarm at Stee... 18 min Bradylust 2
A six word game (Dec '08) 21 min Parden Pard 20,893
News 'Is Rod Stewart drunk?' Star leaves viewers baf... 27 min Sandy feet 6
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 27 min THE LONE WORKER 218,843
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr Zamasu 210,071
Back in the day...... 2 hr andet1987 106
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 2 hr Denny CranesPlace 68,609