|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

eleanorigby wrote:
I had an interesting encounter some time ago, oh about
10 years ago we had gone over to Anglesey, a small island close by for an afternoon out. One of the Pilot's cottages overlooking the lighthouse had been derelict for some time, rumour had it that foxes were living in the overgrown grounds...and I peered over the wall to see if I could see them.
Suddenly the door burst open and a man was standing there pointing a 12 bore shotgun at me, two black
Labrador dogs by his side.
He took me by surprise.
So I returned the favour.
I smiled, and said 'hello there, nice dogs'....
I saw him hesitate and lower the gun somewhat, then,
covering my options I called to the dogs in both English and Welsh, just in case, Good Boy...Hogin Dda.
The man came over as did the dogs, and oddly enough we had a pleasant chat and I listened to his complaints about 'intruders'..in fact I learnt in order to keep them away he had put notices up 'snakes, beware'..as
this was a beauty spot and people came to walk here.
Some time later I mentioned what had happened to the Bailiff in charge of the estate, and he said that he had wished I had told him at the time, as the man was a squatter and they had been trying to get him out of the property for ages, this would have been grounds to do so.
It isn't everyday that one has a gun pulled on them, and I have to laugh at the whole incident now, but I wonder what would have happened had I panicked, or, even worse, drawn a gun myself?
Thanks for sharing that story, Cuz El!
Thank Gawd you came out well.

“WE WON TOPIX! YAY!”

Since: Jun 09

Hoffman Estates, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

It always has to be "all or nothing" with these people. Though there is a right to vote, they want to restrict that right as much as possible because of a shocking .00045% of voters are 'fraudulent'.

So, draconian measures MUST be taken despite their being Constitutional rights to vote.

However, guns cannot be controlled AT ALL because unlike the parts of the Constitution the reichwing wipes their butts with when it comes to voting, citizenship and the like, the Second Amendment is reading material while taking their morning constitutional and, of course, "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED".

So, restricting guns, ammunition, magazines or who may use these things cannot be regulated no matter how many little children get butchered. This 'right' is so precious, even white children are to be sacrificed.

Makes sense, right?

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Ferrerman wrote:
I remember when George Zimmerman shot and killed young, unarmed, black teenager, Trayvon Martin. Wayne LaPierre of the NRA went on TV to proclaim that ALL black men should carry guns. Or, maybe he didn't?
wasn't that post Bobby Seale...

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Deer Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
The 2nd Amendment is intact and shall be for a long, long time as will be your right to own and use guns.
That's not to say that once again there may, or may not be, restrictions on WHAT you may legally own and use. THAT "right" goes both ways.
Deal with it.
to own arms [2nd], but right to use will be restricted [gun control], sad so many believe they are losing that right ,[to own arms], but to a few will not have that right which when the shooting stops seems like everyone is shooting
.....l

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

I guess no matter the subject/time /where we have this little thing we should all take into account..........

when we write social rules, we always need to consider:....who are we writing rules for? some people can cope with complexity.

Others need clarity....some people will snap back from an early mistake....others will never recover.

“"Always Thinking"”

Level 8

Since: Nov 12

Greensburg, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

If 'we' can't 'uphold' the constitution,
how 'we' going to control guns?
If 'we' don't run the country without debt,
If "The Gov." can't do anything right,

QUESTION: Has anything the government taken
control of worked out right?
*=* just to name a few *=*
social security
~business ivestment~
#bailouts#
This 'clip' tells it all!
http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Gover....i...

*=* I'm surprised we've lasted this long!*=*

“Are We Having Fun Yet???”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

If Not, Why Not!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

eleanorigby wrote:
I had an interesting encounter some time ago, oh about
10 years ago we had gone over to Anglesey, a small island close by for an afternoon out. One of the Pilot's cottages overlooking the lighthouse had been derelict for some time, rumour had it that foxes were living in the overgrown grounds...and I peered over the wall to see if I could see them.
Suddenly the door burst open and a man was standing there pointing a 12 bore shotgun at me, two black
Labrador dogs by his side.
He took me by surprise.
So I returned the favour.
I smiled, and said 'hello there, nice dogs'....
I saw him hesitate and lower the gun somewhat, then,
covering my options I called to the dogs in both English and Welsh, just in case, Good Boy...Hogin Dda.
The man came over as did the dogs, and oddly enough we had a pleasant chat and I listened to his complaints about 'intruders'..in fact I learnt in order to keep them away he had put notices up 'snakes, beware'..as
this was a beauty spot and people came to walk here.
Some time later I mentioned what had happened to the Bailiff in charge of the estate, and he said that he had wished I had told him at the time, as the man was a squatter and they had been trying to get him out of the property for ages, this would have been grounds to do so.
It isn't everyday that one has a gun pulled on them, and I have to laugh at the whole incident now, but I wonder what would have happened had I panicked, or, even worse, drawn a gun myself?
Police officers and people who are in combat zones are trained and ready for that sort of thing. The rest of us, not so much.

It's good that you can laugh about it now. I still remember how that crazy old rednecks hand shook as he pointed that silver gun at us and how I thought I was going to die right then and there. It was the middle of the day with houses all around but no one was out and about at the time. I thought, what have you got to lose so I talked to him and he calmed down and climbed back into his car. His wife never got out of the car or said anything or even turned around. I assume he had done that kind of thing before and seeing what a temper he had, my guess, she needed to stay on his good side.

What did I do wrong, nothing. We were out for a Sunday afternoon ride on our bike. We stopped behind him at a stop sign. He rolled back instead of forward and my husband at the time yelled out a four letter word. I don't blame him, it was a reflex to do so.

I didn't carry in those days but even if I had, I would have never tired to get to my gun. When the other guy already has his gun aimed at you I don't think that would work well.

If someone is ever in that type of situation, you have to go with what feels right to do. Panicking was just not an option, and I am glad hubby said nothing, a calm cool female voice took care of the situation.......

Glad we are both here to post what happened to us......

“"Always Thinking"”

Level 8

Greensburg, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Somebody picked the wrong diner!

http://www.youtube.com/embed/vsVCHE7ayPE

“Are We Having Fun Yet???”

Level 8

If Not, Why Not!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Hoosier Hillbilly wrote:
That's a great vid, thanks for posting!!!

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Right here under my thumb

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Since: Jul 10

Rowlett Tx

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Ferrerman wrote:
It always has to be "all or nothing" with these people. Though there is a right to vote, they want to restrict that right as much as possible because of a shocking .00045% of voters are 'fraudulent'.
So, draconian measures MUST be taken despite their being Constitutional rights to vote.
However, guns cannot be controlled AT ALL because unlike the parts of the Constitution the reichwing wipes their butts with when it comes to voting, citizenship and the like, the Second Amendment is reading material while taking their morning constitutional and, of course, "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED".
So, restricting guns, ammunition, magazines or who may use these things cannot be regulated no matter how many little children get butchered. This 'right' is so precious, even white children are to be sacrificed.
Makes sense, right?
Voting is so precious we only want people who should vote to vote. Not felons or illegal aliens. You need ID to cash a check and you should need ID to vote :)Gun control is great. Gun control is keeping felons unarmed with a gun

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Rowlett Tx

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Hoosier Hillbilly wrote:
If 'we' can't 'uphold' the constitution,
If 'we' don't run the country without debt,
If "The Gov." can't do anything right,
QUESTION: Has anything the government taken
control of worked out right?
*=* just to name a few *=*
social security
~business ivestment~
#bailouts#
This 'clip' tells it all!
http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Gover....i...
*=* I'm surprised we've lasted this long!*=*
Holder's idea of gun control was by allowing straw purchase and getting guns into Mexico. A border agent was killed with a fast and furious gun and now Obama wants government gun control. FUBAR

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Rowlett Tx

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Tiger Lilly wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a great vid, thanks for posting!!!
And that is why you will never see a mass shooting at a gun show:)

“WE WON TOPIX! YAY!”

Since: Jun 09

Hoffman Estates, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

Hoosier Hillbilly wrote:
That's HONORARY Gunny. On active duty he was a regular ol' sergeant. He got the Gunny after exemplary service in cinema. John Wayne should have been a general!

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Level 7

Since: Jan 07

Dump American Eagle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
Just a question - do you think the price of semi-automatic weapons will go down after all this blows over?
Don't know.... Don't matter to me. I got mine already BEFORE the election. I do know this....cost/availability/ille gality will not stop criminals from getting THEIRS. While in the service we were put thru an E&E (Escape/Evasion)course/class. In it were we told if captured in combat seek ways to escape elude and to kill the enemy and take THEIR weapons if possible. Think a desparate crook WON'T do that where the guns will be if it goes as libs want? They'll hit cops. I remember in the 60's a few Guard Armories were hit for their weapons by radicals.

“"Always Thinking"”

Level 8

Greensburg, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

M69's video is an over dramatization of people with guns...'i' pray but I'd estimate 80% of gun owners don't have the 'respect' or knowledge to properly care for and use them.

Guns are very serious business if you haven't had proper instruction and training to handle and shot them you should. Your local gun dealer can make suggestions where and what you should do.

I had to learn the hard way from my Dad. I got 'my'
a** chewed out, kicked, and back handed more than once for makin a [honest-mistake]{you don't get a 2nd chance} he'd say and 'i' knew what he meant.

Gun Saftey if you own one should be a priority.
I keep one or two out-of-the-safe for protection
and shooting snakes, groudhogs, and coons (12 Gage riot pump-#2's and lever-action rifle-22 long hollow points) the others are surrounded by 5 tons of concrete and steel.

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Level 7

Dump American Eagle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

Ferrerman wrote:
Makes sense, right?
See you're still a misreable sh1theel. Guess your handlers couldn't/wouldn't change the script,huh? Keep reaching new lows. Nothing is too low for libs. They've become the social conscience for the left..... Never let an atrocity go unused/exploited to further your agenda regardless of the cost. Pity I never run into your kind in the real world. I only find them here,bravely mouthing their garbage from the safety of cyber-space.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Right here under my thumb

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

okimar wrote:
<quoted text>Don't know.... Don't matter to me. I got mine already BEFORE the election. I do know this....cost/availability/ille gality will not stop criminals from getting THEIRS. While in the service we were put thru an E&E (Escape/Evasion)course/class. In it were we told if captured in combat seek ways to escape elude and to kill the enemy and take THEIR weapons if possible. Think a desparate crook WON'T do that where the guns will be if it goes as libs want? They'll hit cops. I remember in the 60's a few Guard Armories were hit for their weapons by radicals.
My point wasn't the election. My point was when all these mass killings subside (when we can only hope). Given the high price of ammunition and guns now, hopefully gun thefts reduce as a result of folks taking BETTER care of their "arms." If a normal gunowner can't afford the ammunition, I would surmise the "crook" to have a tougher time.

The NRA are hedging their bets on all of this blowing over. Like I've always said since Sandy Hill - all it will take is one more big one and we won't have to ban anything.

It's already getting pricey enough.

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Level 7

Dump American Eagle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>That's HONORARY Gunny. On active duty he was a regular ol' sergeant. He got the Gunny after exemplary service in cinema. John Wayne should have been a general!
ACTUALLY sh1theel John Wayne was an "honorary" Colonel in the Marines. A rank he knew really meant nothing but was bestowed in honor of his respect and admiration for that Service,he was grateful for that Honor. You,on the other hand,sh1theel are a full blown ingrate with little respect for those who HAVE stood in the ranks in peace time or war. I know you can't help it,its the liberal way. Denigration from those who can't/won't upon those who have. I can usually work a little sympathy/empathy,maybe even pity for those poor sould. Just can't seem to find any for you,sorry. Just don't like putrid sh1theels who sell their souls......

Oh,have a nice day.:)

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Rowlett Tx

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
My point wasn't the election. My point was when all these mass killings subside (when we can only hope). Given the high price of ammunition and guns now, hopefully gun thefts reduce as a result of folks taking BETTER care of their "arms." If a normal gunowner can't afford the ammunition, I would surmise the "crook" to have a tougher time.
The NRA are hedging their bets on all of this blowing over. Like I've always said since Sandy Hill - all it will take is one more big one and we won't have to ban anything.
It's already getting pricey enough.
I want the Democrats to try an all out ban on all guns. That will guarantee the next election for conservatives :)Odd that Obama didn't try to ban guns before the election. I mean there were mass shooting before he ran :)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fergson Police Dept. 10 min leroy 41
"JOB FAIR" @ Ferguson 10 min This Is Funny 2
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 12 min mrbill3 40,110
Los Angeles Port Welcomes Massive Rubber Duck 22 min Latter Day Taints 1
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 22 min LOST IN MISSISSIPPI 35,899
George W. Bush takes ice bucket challenge 24 min Latter Day Taints 1
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 26 min Princess Hey 143,961
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 51 min nope 18,098
Adrian Devine is the king of Topix ! (Jun '11) 2 hr Princess Hey 132
What's your tip for the day? 2 hr chot 527