Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
<quoted text>
In your opinion. I got news for you, that was the first step to registration and eventual confiscation under any pretext. Starting with veterans who talk to a doctor about having anxiety issues or thoughts of suicide etc. PTSD will get your guns confiscated. I have no problem with a background check, I object to the compiling of data and the registration of any firearm by the central government.
FREEDOM WON, YOU LOST QUIT WHINING.
You are definitely "touched."

I've got news for you - you watch too much TV. Do you normally get these psychotic episodes often? Uh oh...

The guy who shot that Navy SEAL in Texas had PTSD.

“ASPIRE 2 INSPIRE B4 U EXPIRE”

Level 8

Since: Jul 08

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are definitely "touched."
I've got news for you - you watch too much TV. Do you normally get these psychotic episodes often? Uh oh...
The guy who shot that Navy SEAL in Texas had PTSD.
So, ANYONE, not just the military that is diagnosed with PTSD is a threat to our security and should be denied the right to keep and bear arms, merely for a dignosis.
I got news for you, the Navy S.E.A.L. knew that his friend was diagnosed with PTSD and was using the range as a form of therapy. Unfortunately, it did not work in that instance. So therefore, that is justification to strip the rights of an entire class of citizens.
I don't think so.
Keep trying with your inept insults, it merely shows that you are losing and cannot make a cogent reply, so your first resort is to attempt to insult the person.
WHAT A MAROON
YOU LOST, FREEDOM WON QUIT SNIVELING

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
<quoted text>
So, ANYONE, not just the military that is diagnosed with PTSD is a threat to our security and should be denied the right to keep and bear arms, merely for a dignosis.
I got news for you, the Navy S.E.A.L. knew that his friend was diagnosed with PTSD and was using the range as a form of therapy. Unfortunately, it did not work in that instance. So therefore, that is justification to strip the rights of an entire class of citizens.
I don't think so.
Keep trying with your inept insults, it merely shows that you are losing and cannot make a cogent reply, so your first resort is to attempt to insult the person.
WHAT A MAROON
Or better idea - send all the PTSD diagnosed individuals to live on your block.

PUBLISHED: 22:38 EST, 15 March 2012 | UPDATED: 06:34 EST, 16 March 2012
Comments (0) Share
..An Iraq War veteran shot and killed his 11-year-old sister before turning the gun on himself in a murder-suicide on Wednesday night.

Police are searching for the mother of shooter Abel Gutierrez and his sister Lucero, and fear that she may also have been killed or injured.

An 11-year-old playmate of Lucero spoke of his grief at her death, saying:'When we got the call that someone was killed, I was begging and begging that it wasn’t Lucero.'

The tragic killing came just two weeks after police were called to the family's apartment in Gilroy, California but judged that Gutierrez, 27, who is thought to have suffered from post-traumatic stress disorder, was not dangerous.

http://ptsd.about.com/od/relatedconditions/a/...

"People with a diagnosis of PTSD are also at greater risk to attempt suicide. Among people who have had a diagnosis of PTSD at some point in their lifetime, approximately 27% have also attempted suicide."
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504763_162-573944...

"During Hullet's era, he heard stories from returning soldiers who said they would tell others that they wanted to commit suicide, only to have their problems dismissed by their non-commissioned officers."
http://www.cchrint.org/2011/06/04/18-u-s-vete...

"Well over 300,000 troops have returned from Iraq or Afghanistan with P.T.S.D., depression, traumatic brain injury or some combination of those, according to The New York Times."

Level 5

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
<quoted text>
Someone who is mentally unfit to have access to a deadly weapon- and this is apparently the tricky part- should not have access to deadly weapons.

Even if he or she is a Medal of Honor winner.

Ninety percent of Americans understand this: that felons, and terrorists, wife beaters, and persons with mental illness should not have access to firearms.

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
(quote)
NEW IBERIA, La.- Iberia Parish authorities say a 41-year-old woman died after an early morning shooting. A 53-year-old man was later arrested in the case.

Deputies answered a call about the shooting shortly before 3 a.m. Tuesday. They found the victim on the ground near a New Iberia intersection. She died later at a hospital.

The woman was later identified as Jennie Washington of New Iberia. She had multiple gunshot wounds to the chest.

Tuesday evening, the Sheriff's Office said 53-year-old Roman Ford of New Iberia was booked into the Iberia Parish Jail on a charge of second-degree murder. The sheriff's news release said detectives determined that Ford and Jennings had been involved in an altercation before the shooting.

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

ROBINSON (April 23, 2013)—A man and a woman whom police found dead in a car were identified Tuesday as Stancel Howard Price, Jr., 48, and his wife, Nancy Ann Price, 48, of Robinson.

Nancy Price was a math teacher at University High School in Waco, Waco ISD spoksman Dale Caffey said.

Price, a military veteran whose students called her Coach Price, joined the Waco ISD in 1998, taught two years at University Middle School, four years at Cesar Chavez Middle School and was in her ninth year of teaching at University High School, the district said in a press release.

Counselors were sent to the school on Tuesday.

"Just three days ago we were on top of the world having won a state championship in soccer," said University Principal Bill Shepard.

"Now we are experiencing the effects of an awful tragedy. Our hearts go out to Coach Price's two sons and other immediate family members. The Trojan nation is heartbroken.”

Price had worked late Monday tutoring a student, the district said.

Officers found the bodies at around 6:40 p.m. Tuesday in a 2010 Chevrolet pickup truck at the intersection of Old Robinson Road and Loop 340 after police received a 911 call from someone who reported that a man was bleeding inside a vehicle.

Both the man and the woman died of what police said were gunshot wounds.

McLennan County Justice of the Peace Kristi DeCluitt pronounced both dead at the scene and ordered their bodies taken to the Southwest Institute of Forensic Science, in Dallas, for autopsies.

Further details were not released but the incident remains under investigation, O’Connor said.

Level 8

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
Or better idea - send all the PTSD diagnosed individuals to live on your block.
http://www.cchrint.org/2011/06/04/18-u-s-vete...
"Well over 300,000 troops have returned from Iraq or Afghanistan with P.T.S.D., depression, traumatic brain injury or some combination of those, according to The New York Times."
Just because a person has been diagnosed with PTSD or TBI does not automatically make them a threat to themselves or others. PTSD and TBI can occur to individuals who have never been in the military, just ask football players, or the survivors of the cowardly Boston attack.
I know personally of many veterans, both in my VFW Post and VFW District who have been diagnosed with PTSD, TBI or both and I nor any of the other members consider them a threat.
To use zero tolerance and disarm everyone who has been diagnosed with PTSD, TBI, or expressed suicidal or depressed thoughts is wrong and no matter how many stories you post, each person must be dealt with as individuals and treated as such.

Level 8

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Someone who is mentally unfit to have access to a deadly weapon- and this is apparently the tricky part- should not have access to deadly weapons.
Even if he or she is a Medal of Honor winner.
Ninety percent of Americans understand this: that felons, and terrorists, wife beaters, and persons with mental illness should not have access to firearms.
How do we adjudge a person as mentally unfit. Personally i think that many politicians are mentally unfit and should be committed.
Just because a person has a check mark on their record next to the PTSD or TBI box does not mean that they are a threat to themselves or anyone else. Just because a person has expressed thoughts of depression or suicide does not make them a threat to themselves or anyone else. Blanket policies are wrong. Treat each individual as an individual and not as a class of citizens.

“So it's not you, It's them?”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

For all the coffee enthusiasts / junkies here:

Did you know that apples are more effective at waking you up in the morning than coffee?

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Chilli J wrote:
For all the coffee enthusiasts / junkies here:
Did you know that apples are more effective at waking you up in the morning than coffee?
Yeah, but I read yesterday that apples pose the most danger to humans because of pesticides.

You...just...can't...win, huh?

:o)

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because a person has been diagnosed with PTSD or TBI does not automatically make them a threat to themselves or others. PTSD and TBI can occur to individuals who have never been in the military, just ask football players, or the survivors of the cowardly Boston attack.
I know personally of many veterans, both in my VFW Post and VFW District who have been diagnosed with PTSD, TBI or both and I nor any of the other members consider them a threat.
To use zero tolerance and disarm everyone who has been diagnosed with PTSD, TBI, or expressed suicidal or depressed thoughts is wrong and no matter how many stories you post, each person must be dealt with as individuals and treated as such.
You mean all the drunks down at the VFW Post?

Yeah, yeah, yeah - I belong to a post too - and I wouldn't trust 90% of those individuals with a paperclip let alone a gun. Heroes they may all be - mentally stable? Heck no...

Level 8

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean all the drunks down at the VFW Post?
Yeah, yeah, yeah - I belong to a post too - and I wouldn't trust 90% of those individuals with a paperclip let alone a gun. Heroes they may all be - mentally stable? Heck no...
What a pathetic individual you are. if you have spent any time at all in the VFW or American Legion, you would know that there is so much more to a Post than just a canteen with cheap drinks. do we drink...YES. Do some drink too much...YES. wold i trust my brothers to watch my back...ABSOLUTELY.
I would venture to say that most of the members I have met at the various Posts I have been in and the Department and National conventions I have attended are more mentally stable than you.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
<quoted text>
What a pathetic individual you are. if you have spent any time at all in the VFW or American Legion, you would know that there is so much more to a Post than just a canteen with cheap drinks. do we drink...YES. Do some drink too much...YES. wold i trust my brothers to watch my back...ABSOLUTELY.
I would venture to say that most of the members I have met at the various Posts I have been in and the Department and National conventions I have attended are more mentally stable than you.
Lol...sure they are.

Does that include all the DUI and OWI repeat offenders?

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
<quoted text>
What a pathetic individual you are. if you have spent any time at all in the VFW or American Legion, you would know that there is so much more to a Post than just a canteen with cheap drinks.
But it is MOSTLy cheap drinks and people lying about the good old days.

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
<quoted text>
How do we adjudge a person as mentally unfit.
A medical doctor says: this person is unfit to handle a gun and is a danger to him/herself and anyone within range of that gun.

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
Just because a person has a check mark on their record next to the PTSD or TBI box
If a doctor says the person is a danger to him/herself and others, he/she doesn't need a gun.

I understand: as far as you are concerned, you'd sell to wife beaters and felons so why not a vet feeling depressed?

Level 8

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
But it is MOSTLy cheap drinks and people lying about the good old days.
Prove it, show me some of your polls that show that. Until you are one of us and attend Department and national conventions and spend countless hours in a VFW and volunteering in VFW directed efforts outside of the local Post, you have nothing of substance to add to the conversation and are nothing more than a waste of breathable air.
I just left my local Post after 4 hours of comradeship and listening to my comrades give me their opinion on the direction we need to go in order to improve our membership and our service to the men and women who have or are serving with honor in the armed services of this great nation. As their incoming Commander, I value ALL of their input .
On the other hand, I have place absolutely zero value on your input. You would not make a pimple on the azz of the worst veteran in existence today or in the history of this great nation.

Level 8

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
A medical doctor says: this person is unfit to handle a gun and is a danger to him/herself and anyone within range of that gun.
A medical doctor is not trained, nor competent to judge the mental state of anyone. Only a highly trained professional in the field of psychiatry or psychology would be acceptable. Not some hack who barely squeaked through med school.

Level 8

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol...sure they are.
Does that include all the DUI and OWI repeat offenders?
There are some of those, but I would wager that the percentage of those is extremely small in comparison to the general population, and even compared to the general membership of this world wide organization.

Level 8

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
If a doctor says the person is a danger to him/herself and others, he/she doesn't need a gun.
I understand: as far as you are concerned, you'd sell to wife beaters and felons so why not a vet feeling depressed?
You don't understand a thing and have absolutely no clue whatsoever of what my stance is in regards to who should and should not be allowed to own, possess or use a firearm. You merely project your own fears and biases onto those who dare to disagree with you and attempt ,in your own inept, way to discredit them. While in reality, you only make yourself look even more foolish and ignorant with each post you make.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••