Only cowards need guns

“ASPIRE 2 INSPIRE B4 U EXPIRE”

Level 8

Since: Jul 08

USA

#7106 Apr 23, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nine in 10 Americans support expanding background checks on gun purchases in a recent Washington Post-ABC News poll, an extraordinary level of agreement on a political issue and a finding that’s been duplicated in nearly every major public poll.
FIRST POLL: WOW,1001 people out of a US population of 315,728,425. impressive sampling...NOT
“This Washington Post-ABC News poll was conducted by telephone Mar. 7-10, 2013, among a random national sample of 1,001 adults, including landline and cell phone-only respondents. The results from the full survey have a margin of sampling error of plus or minus 3.5 percentage points. The margin of error is eight percentage points for the sample of 201 Catholic respondents. Sampling, data collection and tabulation by Abt-SRBI of New York. Produced for the Washington Post by Capital”

SECOND POLL: No poll to access, so they can spout any numbers they choose.

THIRD POLL: Once again, they do not actually show you the poll, or the data from the poll, or a link to the poll, so the figures they use can be whatever they want them to be.

FOURTH POLL: This is the “large” sampling used.
“Survey Methods Results for this Gallup poll are based on telephone interviews conducted Jan. 19-20, 2013, on the Gallup Daily tracking survey, with a random sample of 1,013 adults, aged 18 and older, living in all 50 U.S. states and the District of Columbia.”

FIFTH POLL: WOW!!! An even larger representative sampling of the population…NOT
“Muhlenberg surveyed 435 adults from April 1 to 13 via live telephone interviews. The poll was conducted by Muhlenberg’s Institute of Public Opinion and its Public Health program.”
SIXTH POLL: This is the best sampling so far, and still falls far short of a truly representative sampling."

SIXTH POLL: This is the best sampling so far, and still falls far short of a truly representative sampling.
“The poll surveyed 1,772 registered voters from January 30 to February 4”

SEVENTH AND LAST POLL: Basically, 100 people from 6 States constitutes a “representative” sampling. WHAT A CROCK OF HORSE MANURE.
A March 7 poll of voters nationwide by the independent Quinnipiac (KWIN-uh-pe-ack) University shows Results of statewide surveys show:
Florida, March 21, 91 - 8 percent support, including 88 - 11 percent among gun owners;

Connecticut, March 6, 93 - 6 percent support, including 89 - 9 percent among gun owners;

Ohio, March 1, 90 - 8 percent, including 86 - 12 percent among gun owners;

Pennsylvania, January 30, 95 - 5 percent, including 95 - 4 percent among gun owners;

New Jersey, January 24, 96 - 3 percent, including 95 - 5 percent among gun owners;

Virginia, January 10, 92 - 7 percent, including 91 - 7 percent among gun owners.

TREND: Do you support or oppose requiring background checks for all gun buyers?
Mar 07 Feb 07
2013 2013

Support 88 92
Oppose 10 7
DK/NA 2 1

WHAT HAPPENED TO POLL NUMBER 8?
OR CAN'T YOU COUNT EITHER.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

#7107 Apr 23, 2013
REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
<quoted text>
FIRST POLL: WOW,1001 people out of a US population of 315,728,425. impressive sampling...NOT
“This Washington Post-ABC News poll was conducted by telephone Mar. 7-10, 2013, among a random national sample of 1,001 adults, including landline and cell phone-only respondents. The results from the full survey have a margin of sampling error of plus or minus 3.5 percentage points. The margin of error is eight percentage points for the sample of 201 Catholic respondents. Sampling, data collection and tabulation by Abt-SRBI of New York. Produced for the Washington Post by Capital”
SECOND POLL: No poll to access, so they can spout any numbers they choose.
THIRD POLL: Once again, they do not actually show you the poll, or the data from the poll, or a link to the poll, so the figures they use can be whatever they want them to be.
FOURTH POLL: This is the “large” sampling used.
“Survey Methods Results for this Gallup poll are based on telephone interviews conducted Jan. 19-20, 2013, on the Gallup Daily tracking survey, with a random sample of 1,013 adults, aged 18 and older, living in all 50 U.S. states and the District of Columbia.”
FIFTH POLL: WOW!!! An even larger representative sampling of the population…NOT
“Muhlenberg surveyed 435 adults from April 1 to 13 via live telephone interviews. The poll was conducted by Muhlenberg’s Institute of Public Opinion and its Public Health program.”
SIXTH POLL: This is the best sampling so far, and still falls far short of a truly representative sampling."
SIXTH POLL: This is the best sampling so far, and still falls far short of a truly representative sampling.
“The poll surveyed 1,772 registered voters from January 30 to February 4”
SEVENTH AND LAST POLL: Basically, 100 people from 6 States constitutes a “representative” sampling. WHAT A CROCK OF HORSE MANURE.
A March 7 poll of voters nationwide by the independent Quinnipiac (KWIN-uh-pe-ack) University shows Results of statewide surveys show:
Florida, March 21, 91 - 8 percent support, including 88 - 11 percent among gun owners;
Connecticut, March 6, 93 - 6 percent support, including 89 - 9 percent among gun owners;
Ohio, March 1, 90 - 8 percent, including 86 - 12 percent among gun owners;
Pennsylvania, January 30, 95 - 5 percent, including 95 - 4 percent among gun owners;
New Jersey, January 24, 96 - 3 percent, including 95 - 5 percent among gun owners;
Virginia, January 10, 92 - 7 percent, including 91 - 7 percent among gun owners.
TREND: Do you support or oppose requiring background checks for all gun buyers?
Mar 07 Feb 07
2013 2013
Support 88 92
Oppose 10 7
DK/NA 2 1
WHAT HAPPENED TO POLL NUMBER 8?
OR CAN'T YOU COUNT EITHER.
Don't cry to me - they're not my polls.

I just posted them.

Level 8

USA

#7108 Apr 23, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't cry to me - they're not my polls.
I just posted them.
ain't cryin, just pointing out the uselessness of the "polls" that you insist are an arbiter of the mindset of 90% of the populace. Obviously, they are far from an inclusive or representative sample of the entire population, so why do you and the other anti gun crown insist on trying to use them to prove your point. Or didn't you even bother to look at the actual polls? Of course not, you took them at face value, because your precious main stream media told you to.
YOU LOST AND FREEDOM WON, SO GET OVER IT AND MOVE ON.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

#7109 Apr 23, 2013
REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
<quoted text>
ain't cryin, just pointing out the uselessness of the "polls" that you insist are an arbiter of the mindset of 90% of the populace. Obviously, they are far from an inclusive or representative sample of the entire population, so why do you and the other anti gun crown insist on trying to use them to prove your point. Or didn't you even bother to look at the actual polls? Of course not, you took them at face value, because your precious main stream media told you to.
YOU LOST AND FREEDOM WON, SO GET OVER IT AND MOVE ON.
Dude!!!

Relax your sphincter!

Everything I posted was copied and pasted off the internet.

They are the result of polling people.

Jesus, ever consider renewing those medications of yours?

How about complaining to your congressman instead of trolling a public forum all day?

Level 8

USA

#7110 Apr 23, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude!!!
Relax your sphincter!
Everything I posted was copied and pasted off the internet.
They are the result of polling people.
Jesus, ever consider renewing those medications of yours?
How about complaining to your congressman instead of trolling a public forum all day?
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
now who's cryin. Dude, get over it, you lost, freedom won.

Level 5

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#7111 Apr 23, 2013
REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny how you insist that a Gallop poll of 1,007 was impressive, but another poll of 1,007.

Especially given Gallop's recent failures to call the 2012 election, being the most right-leaning poll and missing it by 7 points.

Clearly: you don't know how polls work. You are under the impression that you get to quote them when you think they back you up, and ignore them when they don't.

Putting aside: you didn't even report the Gallop results correctly.

Earth to Pothead Cracker: the Gallop poll you "quote" did not ask if background checks were or were not important, but only which issue was the MOST important.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

#7112 Apr 23, 2013
REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
<quoted text>
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
now who's cryin. Dude, get over it, you lost, freedom won.
You are off your meds, aren't you?

I lost nothing - you know nothing about me. I could care less why you feel you need a gun. Maybe making up for other physical shortcomings I surmise.

Level 5

Location hidden

#7113 Apr 23, 2013
REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
<quoted text>
ain't cryin, just pointing out the uselessness of the "polls" that you insist are an arbiter of the mindset of 90% of the populace. Obviously, they are far from an inclusive or representative sample
I guess *random sample* doesn't make any impact on your think skull.

Level 5

Location hidden

#7114 Apr 23, 2013
REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
<quoted text>
Do some unbiased research for us and tell us how many respondents in each poll out of the total population of the United States..
Random Sample = number picked randomly from phone book across the USA.

Compare to = Kleck survey... fill out a response from the back of a guns & ammo magazine and pretend it's random.

Level 5

Location hidden

#7115 Apr 23, 2013
REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
YOU LOST, FREEDOM WON.
I haven't lost a thing.

And you are not going to continue to sell firearms to felons- the 90 percent of Americans aren't going to tolerate it any further.

Level 8

USA

#7116 Apr 23, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are off your meds, aren't you?
I lost nothing - you know nothing about me. I could care less why you feel you need a gun. Maybe making up for other physical shortcomings I surmise.
Projecting again eh.
As you say, you know absolutely nothing about me. Maybe the physical and mental shortcomings are your own and you want everyone to think otherwise.
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHA
WHAT A MAROON

Level 8

USA

#7117 Apr 23, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny how you insist that a Gallop poll of 1,007 was impressive, but another poll of 1,007.
Especially given Gallop's recent failures to call the 2012 election, being the most right-leaning poll and missing it by 7 points.
Clearly: you don't know how polls work. You are under the impression that you get to quote them when you think they back you up, and ignore them when they don't.
Putting aside: you didn't even report the Gallop results correctly.
Earth to Pothead Cracker: the Gallop poll you "quote" did not ask if background checks were or were not important, but only which issue was the MOST important.
WHAT A MAROON
I never "insisted' that any poll was impressive, I merely gave you a shot of your own medicine. Just goes to show you, that polls can be made to support any position you want.
YOU LOST, FREEDOM WON, NOW QUIT CRYING AND GO BACK TO YOUR CORNER AND SULK CHILD.

Level 8

USA

#7118 Apr 23, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't lost a thing.
And you are not going to continue to sell firearms to felons- the 90 percent of Americans aren't going to tolerate it any further.
What a laugh. The Americans who actual think for themselves have spoken and the sheep who blather ad repeat what is regurgitated by the supposed unbiased media have lost. You have lost. We will not be sold down the river by sheep like you.
YOU LOST, FREEDOM WON, NOW QUIT CRYING AND TAKE IT LIKE A MAN.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

#7119 Apr 24, 2013
REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
<quoted text>
Projecting again eh.
As you say, you know absolutely nothing about me. Maybe the physical and mental shortcomings are your own and you want everyone to think otherwise.
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHA
WHAT A MAROON
That's all you got?

I've got news for you there simpleton - freedom did not win. Either way, a more aggressive background check would not take your freedom to own a gun away - unless you are an ex-felon or have a history of mental illness, to which you really shouldn't own a gun. Both points the NRA-nutters want anyways. It's all about responsibility - the freedom of choice should not allow bad people to have guns.

You have it wrong as usual, but that's no big suprise.

Freedom didn't win - America lost.

Level 8

USA

#7120 Apr 24, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's all you got?
I've got news for you there simpleton - freedom did not win. Either way, a more aggressive background check would not take your freedom to own a gun away - unless you are an ex-felon or have a history of mental illness, to which you really shouldn't own a gun. Both points the NRA-nutters want anyways. It's all about responsibility - the freedom of choice should not allow bad people to have guns.
You have it wrong as usual, but that's no big suprise.
Freedom didn't win - America lost.
In your opinion. I got news for you, that was the first step to registration and eventual confiscation under any pretext. Starting with veterans who talk to a doctor about having anxiety issues or thoughts of suicide etc. PTSD will get your guns confiscated. I have no problem with a background check, I object to the compiling of data and the registration of any firearm by the central government.
FREEDOM WON, YOU LOST QUIT WHINING.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

#7121 Apr 24, 2013
REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
<quoted text>
In your opinion. I got news for you, that was the first step to registration and eventual confiscation under any pretext. Starting with veterans who talk to a doctor about having anxiety issues or thoughts of suicide etc. PTSD will get your guns confiscated. I have no problem with a background check, I object to the compiling of data and the registration of any firearm by the central government.
FREEDOM WON, YOU LOST QUIT WHINING.
You are definitely "touched."

I've got news for you - you watch too much TV. Do you normally get these psychotic episodes often? Uh oh...

The guy who shot that Navy SEAL in Texas had PTSD.

Level 8

USA

#7123 Apr 24, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are definitely "touched."
I've got news for you - you watch too much TV. Do you normally get these psychotic episodes often? Uh oh...
The guy who shot that Navy SEAL in Texas had PTSD.
So, ANYONE, not just the military that is diagnosed with PTSD is a threat to our security and should be denied the right to keep and bear arms, merely for a dignosis.
I got news for you, the Navy S.E.A.L. knew that his friend was diagnosed with PTSD and was using the range as a form of therapy. Unfortunately, it did not work in that instance. So therefore, that is justification to strip the rights of an entire class of citizens.
I don't think so.
Keep trying with your inept insults, it merely shows that you are losing and cannot make a cogent reply, so your first resort is to attempt to insult the person.
WHAT A MAROON
YOU LOST, FREEDOM WON QUIT SNIVELING

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

#7124 Apr 24, 2013
REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
<quoted text>
So, ANYONE, not just the military that is diagnosed with PTSD is a threat to our security and should be denied the right to keep and bear arms, merely for a dignosis.
I got news for you, the Navy S.E.A.L. knew that his friend was diagnosed with PTSD and was using the range as a form of therapy. Unfortunately, it did not work in that instance. So therefore, that is justification to strip the rights of an entire class of citizens.
I don't think so.
Keep trying with your inept insults, it merely shows that you are losing and cannot make a cogent reply, so your first resort is to attempt to insult the person.
WHAT A MAROON
Or better idea - send all the PTSD diagnosed individuals to live on your block.

PUBLISHED: 22:38 EST, 15 March 2012 | UPDATED: 06:34 EST, 16 March 2012
Comments (0) Share
..An Iraq War veteran shot and killed his 11-year-old sister before turning the gun on himself in a murder-suicide on Wednesday night.

Police are searching for the mother of shooter Abel Gutierrez and his sister Lucero, and fear that she may also have been killed or injured.

An 11-year-old playmate of Lucero spoke of his grief at her death, saying:'When we got the call that someone was killed, I was begging and begging that it wasn’t Lucero.'

The tragic killing came just two weeks after police were called to the family's apartment in Gilroy, California but judged that Gutierrez, 27, who is thought to have suffered from post-traumatic stress disorder, was not dangerous.

http://ptsd.about.com/od/relatedconditions/a/...

"People with a diagnosis of PTSD are also at greater risk to attempt suicide. Among people who have had a diagnosis of PTSD at some point in their lifetime, approximately 27% have also attempted suicide."
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504763_162-573944...

"During Hullet's era, he heard stories from returning soldiers who said they would tell others that they wanted to commit suicide, only to have their problems dismissed by their non-commissioned officers."
http://www.cchrint.org/2011/06/04/18-u-s-vete...

"Well over 300,000 troops have returned from Iraq or Afghanistan with P.T.S.D., depression, traumatic brain injury or some combination of those, according to The New York Times."

Level 5

Location hidden

#7125 Apr 24, 2013
REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
<quoted text>
Someone who is mentally unfit to have access to a deadly weapon- and this is apparently the tricky part- should not have access to deadly weapons.

Even if he or she is a Medal of Honor winner.

Ninety percent of Americans understand this: that felons, and terrorists, wife beaters, and persons with mental illness should not have access to firearms.

Level 5

Location hidden

#7126 Apr 24, 2013
REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
(quote)
NEW IBERIA, La.- Iberia Parish authorities say a 41-year-old woman died after an early morning shooting. A 53-year-old man was later arrested in the case.

Deputies answered a call about the shooting shortly before 3 a.m. Tuesday. They found the victim on the ground near a New Iberia intersection. She died later at a hospital.

The woman was later identified as Jennie Washington of New Iberia. She had multiple gunshot wounds to the chest.

Tuesday evening, the Sheriff's Office said 53-year-old Roman Ford of New Iberia was booked into the Iberia Parish Jail on a charge of second-degree murder. The sheriff's news release said detectives determined that Ford and Jennings had been involved in an altercation before the shooting.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Weird 32 mins ago 11:20 p.m.Charges dropped for... 7 min 8541 MARINE 21
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 8 min gracefallen hopel... 189,149
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 12 min KNIGHT DeVINE 17,088
News Woman returns library book borrowed in 1948 19 min Bad Bex 2
News Astronomers: Alien Civilizations Almost Certain... 26 min Ezinstien 9
one word (Apr '11) 39 min andet1987 6,927
Post "ANY WORD" that comes to mind! (Jul '12) 41 min andet1987 3,205
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 54 min Princess Hey 144,071
Transgender bathrooms .... thoughts? 1 hr Bad Bex 28
Answer a question with a question (Apr '15) 1 hr Princess Hey 1,736
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 4 hr UnderstandPeople 31,893
More from around the web