Wait...what?

“Easy does it... ”

Level 5

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#7061 Apr 19, 2013
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
the US did not have to go to war in WWII Japan attacked us and Germany declared war upon the US
the only country that Hilter ever declared war on..
Look up the Tripartite Treaty. This treaty required that any of the three nations had to respond by declaring war should any one of the other three be attacked by any of the Allied nations. This meant that should Japan attack the United States, and the United States responded by declaring war against Japan, it would automatically be at war with the other two nations, Germany and Italy.

I suppose that's the main reason I mentioned the term "treaties". It did put us right square in the middle. But you're right, not only did it involve Germany, but then Italy. It would have complicated things a tad less if Japan were the only one that had to be dealt with, which we eventually finally did... to the extreme and morally questionable measure. But they were warned, and repeatedly. Germany had already surrendered by that time,actually 2 months earlier. Big Brother was no longer backing them up. But they persisted and fought until they realized they realized that the U.S. and it's Allies were not delivering empty threats, which is to me... more than a just little admirable.It's just so very sad to me, that Japan's realization came in the form the way it did.

Of course, this is something that Sweden and some (or at least least one of its biased and loud mouthed Topix users) wouldn't know a damn thing about. Because their own country, while playing all sides... fattened its wealth off of Germany the entire time by selling them iron ore. But admittedly, it's also admirable by the country itself at that time that they DID ALSO assist the Allies (not mentioned), and did help save Jewish lives. None of which,I'm nearly positive can be attributed to Force Majeure. Unless he's possibly pushing the age of 90. How the this thread has gotten so far off of the original topic, is astounding.

We the citizens of the United States of America to this very day, currently have the right to arm ourselves against threats that are both foreign and domestic,which also includes criminals, who apparently do not follow any of laws or rights. I personally do NOT see one single thing wrong with that.

Sorry for putting this all in one post, tallyho. You sir, had a great point... and I'm not really in here that often. So, I chose put this response that was originally intended for you as an explanation for my previous post, and more directed towards another, who should make his own thread on... "The Many Ways That America Sucks". To follow his ever awaited sequel...." Why The Many Ways America Sucks, And So does The Inventor of Gun Powder?"

When they invent the contraption that will make no bad people anywhere on earth, that is the least bit non threatening to me and my family at any time, I will most certainly give up my bangs of dreaded death that some people are constantly worried about. And when I hunt (some people are strange that way), I can hunt quite well with a bow and arrow. If my government doesn't allow that, I will pitch rocks, or make a spear. Rocks and spears illegal too? Snares. No Snares? I'm starting to come to the conclusion, that I was raised in a wrong fashion.

I should not work for my living, nor should I occasionally appreciate the outdoors or the food supplies in abundance, that was given to me by a gift of "God" (an entirely mythological character to some, but not personally by me) that we have abused beyond the point of recognition. The simple idea of living off the land has apparently has ever increasingly, become a thing of the past. His message and ideas are long gone, by most it seems.

Sigh.. I just simply hope that I can continue to live my own life as I've known,without EVER shooting and killing anyone, as I've so far done. And that truly means.. ever.

“ASPIRE 2 INSPIRE B4 U EXPIRE”

Level 8

Since: Jul 08

USA

#7062 Apr 19, 2013
8th grade student suspended, arrested over gun t-shirt

http://www.wowktv.com/story/22020264/8th-grad...

When 8th grade Jared Marcum got dressed for school on Thursday he says he had no idea that his pro-Second Amendment shirt would initiate what he calls a fight over his First Amendment rights.

"I never thought it would go this far because honestly I don't see a problem with this, there shouldn't be a problem with this," Jared said.

It was the image of a gun printed on Jared's t-shirt that sparked a dispute between a Logan Middle School teacher and Jared, that ended with Jared suspended, arrested and facing two charges, obstruction and disturbing the education process, on his otherwise spotless record.

Jared's father Allen Lardieri says he's angry he had to rush from work to pick his son up from jail over something he says was blown way out of proportion.

"I don't' see how anybody would have an issue with a hunting rifle and NRA put on a t-shirt, especially when policy doesn't forbid it," Lardieri said.

The Logan County School District's dress code policy prohibits clothing that displays profanity, violence, discriminatory messages and more but nowhere in the document does it say anything about gun images.

"He did not violate any school policy," Lardieri reiterates. "He did not become aggressive.".....

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#7063 Apr 20, 2013
Force Majeure wrote:
<quoted text>
Duh!
I know this is again playing your sissy games but if Vietnam was carpet bombed then how is it the B-52's were stationed on Guam?
Can I get a "duh!" from the people in the back row please! Thank you!
question : is .....well here is the max question , if we blockaded Japan , then how did the enormous fleet of Japan's get out and to Pearl

didn't ask you about B-52s , Viet Nam as a vet would spell it ..

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#7064 Apr 20, 2013
Will Munny wrote:
<quoted text>
Look up the Tripartite Treaty. And that truly means.. ever.
read Germany declared war on the USA , after pearl harbor , duh....DEC. 11th I believe and the only country that Hitler declared war upon.....

when you find Germany/Italy you let me know..

President Franklin D. Roosevelt
Signing the Declaration of
War against Japan
December 8, 1941

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#7065 Apr 20, 2013
Whereas the Government of Germany has formally declared war against the Government and the people of the United States of America: Therefore be it Resolved by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled, That the state of war between the United States and the Government of Germany which has thus been thrust upon the United States is hereby formally declared;

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#7066 Apr 20, 2013
iconing is your best forte , because you suck when painted into a corner

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#7067 Apr 20, 2013
The three nations agreed that for the next ten years they would "stand by and co-operate with one another in... their prime purpose to establish and maintain a new order of things... to promote the mutual prosperity and welfare of the peoples concerned." They recognized each other's spheres of interest and undertook "to assist one another with all political, economic and military means when one of the three contracting powers is attacked" by a country not already involved in the war, excluding the Soviet Union.

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#7068 Apr 20, 2013
some how I missed where the representative of the USA agreed to any part of the treaty.....

The Tripartite Pact, also the Three-Power Pact, Axis Pact, Three-way Pact or Tripartite Treaty was a pact signed in Berlin, Germany on September 27, 1940, which established the Axis Powers of World War II. The pact was signed by representatives of Nazi Germany (Adolf Hitler), Fascist Italy (foreign minister Galeazzo Ciano), and Imperial Japan (Japanese ambassador to Germany Saburo Kurusu).

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#7069 Apr 20, 2013
ha ha ha

“'" Always Thinking '"”

Level 8

Since: Nov 12

Greensburg, IN

#7070 Apr 20, 2013

Level 5

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#7071 Apr 20, 2013
REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
8th grade student suspended, arrested over gun t-shirt
So?
Force Majeure

Sweden

#7072 Apr 20, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no time limit on a proposed limit unless they put one there .....
Is not a question of "time limit". It is a matter of definition: AMENDMENT. Just look up the word. That's simple enough.
Force Majeure

Sweden

#7073 Apr 20, 2013
Will Munny wrote:
<quoted text>

We the citizens of the United States of America the right to arm ourselves against threats that are both foreign, domestic .....
..... rumoured, fabricated and imagined most particularly.
Force Majeure

Sweden

#7074 Apr 20, 2013
REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
8th grade student suspended, arrested over gun t-shirt When 8th grade Jared Marcum got dressed for school on Thursday he says he had no idea that his pro-Second Amendment shirt would initiate what he calls a fight over his First Amendment rights.
He also "had no idea" that speaking on his mobile telephone and playing on-line games in the class room would get him thrown out of class.

Some kids have to learn the hard way.

Level 5

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#7075 Apr 20, 2013
Force Majeure wrote:
<quoted text>
Is not a question of "time limit". It is a matter of definition: AMENDMENT. Just look up the word. That's simple enough.
Amend- meaning to amend (add to) the original document.

Anything else?

Sun is still coming up in the east?
Force Majeure

Sweden

#7076 Apr 20, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Amend- meaning to amend (add to) the original document.
"Add"? Yes, but most importantly - "change". So being that the gun thing was an "add-on" and a "change" then it stands to reason that adding onto (or changing) it would be just as valid. Yes? Where's the problem then? What's all the bruhaha about it being written in blood or stone? It isn't.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>Anything else?
No. Not for the moment.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>Sun is still coming up in the east?
Not if you're living in a Joan Wayne film.

“Why call 911? 1911 is faster”

Level 4

Since: Feb 08

Wesley Chapel, FL

#7077 Apr 22, 2013
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
did I report you today ??? no
reported
Blah blah blah.

Level 4

Wesley Chapel, FL

#7078 Apr 22, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Shot by an AR-15 the NRA insists not only people can buy and sell without background checks, but to carry it into public schools.
These children had ten and eleven shots in them but the NRA wants to look into video games for answers.
The NRA has never said anything about video games tied to Sandy Hook. Itís the liberal talking head that go on and on about how video games are desensitizing our youth to violence.

The NRA did indeed state armed personnel on school grounds to protect the children was a possible solution. The left screamed loudly at the suggestion and now appear to be supporting the idea.

The problem with people such as yourself is youíre able to separate fact from fiction. Your entire life is a lie.

Level 4

Wesley Chapel, FL

#7079 Apr 22, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
The early reports on the day of the assault yet the NRA continued to fuel the rumors well over a month later.
Perpetuated by liars like yourself.
<quoted text>
Another fabrication on your part. The NRA did not continue to state the Bushmaster was in the trunk.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ebola in America 7 min Spirit67_ 1
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 8 min anonymous 117,370
20,000th Post Wins - 2d Edition (Jan '13) 8 min NotaGoth 1,282
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 9 min NotaGoth 137,774
Drop 3 Keep 2 }of the words in a sentence{ 11 min Spirit67_ 8
Only Three Letter Words - Alphabetically (Jul '11) 18 min Hoosier Hillbilly 1,678
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 22 min Mister_ E 6,371
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 26 min Mister_ E 147,643
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 28 min Mister_ E 21,357
I Like..... (Mar '14) 5 hr SLY WEST 376
Woman Held in Jail for Weeks Over SpaghettiOs 8 hr NOM s Waffle House 9

Weird People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE