Only cowards need guns
Rockys Cousin in PA

Sweden

#7044 Apr 18, 2013
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
... I will take a guest
Like what's basically for dinner, man?
Force Majeure

Sweden

#7045 Apr 18, 2013
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text> ..... you pulled this swede shit before
Yeah, and I thought I could fool you, huh! Golly, what was I thinking?

Nope, I'm right here in town, home of the Philadelphia Draft Dodgers, sitting at the Spirit of 76 Flavours with a laptop computer on 46th. and E. Street just waiting for Sylvester Stallone to show up. We're running tuff tonight to kick the shyt out of draft dodgers and queers. And then we're gonna' run 'em over with Sly's 49 Merc sporting J.C. Witney's fender skirts fresh outa' the Loop in Chicaga - and Honest Charlie's blue-dot tail lights straight from Chattanooga.

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#7046 Apr 18, 2013
Force Majeure wrote:
<quoted text>
So you think I'm in Pennsylvania? That's nice.
Now ..... what about that "whole fleet" at Pearl Harbour? Did it slip your mind? I'm waiting for another one of your adolescent cop-out explanations for that one.
why?????? whole fleet? I asked the question.... you haven't answered the question why was the cin/pac fleet in port if we were blockading Japan and who was shipping to them , not FRANCE/ENGLAND/RUSSIA/NETHERLA NDS/CHINA

and no I think SWEDEN NY .... what a dip

why are you here move leave . you can skip around this shit any more

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#7047 Apr 18, 2013
Force Majeure wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, and I thought I could fool you, huh! Golly, what was I thinking?
Nope, I'm right here in town, home of the Philadelphia Draft Dodgers, sitting at the Spirit of 76 Flavours with a laptop computer on 46th. and E. Street just waiting for Sylvester Stallone to show up. We're running tuff tonight to kick the shyt out of draft dodgers and queers. And then we're gonna' run 'em over with Sly's 49 Merc sporting J.C. Witney's fender skirts fresh outa' the Loop in Chicaga - and Honest Charlie's blue-dot tail lights straight from Chattanooga.
good for ya have fun , now why are you here????

you haven't said a damn thing in 300 + pages .....Tuff's huh

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

#7048 Apr 18, 2013
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
why?????? whole fleet? I asked the question.... you haven't answered the question why was the cin/pac fleet in port if we were blockading Japan and who was shipping to them , not FRANCE/ENGLAND/RUSSIA/NETHERLA NDS/CHINA
and no I think SWEDEN NY .... what a dip
why are you here move leave . you can skip around this shit any more
That's a good question T.

Early in 1941, President Franklin D. Roosevelt moved the Pacific Fleet to Hawaii from its previous base in San Diego and ordered a military buildup in the Philippines in the hope of discouraging Japanese aggression in the Far East. Because the Japanese high command was (mistakenly) certain any attack on Britain's Southeast Asian colonies would bring the U.S. into the war, a devastating preventive strike appeared to be the only way to avoid U.S. naval interference.

“Crude, Rude, and Lewd!”

Level 7

Since: Jun 08

Sayonara Falls.

#7049 Apr 18, 2013
Force Majeure wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what I just said about you. You see counter-debate as a personal insult probably because you have no solid theory to debate. You still have not elaborated on your "quicky" cop-out. I think you've already left the building to avoid trying to support your weak and prejudiced comment.
NOTE: Should I once again assume you feel "insulted" because calling your "comment" weak is (in your mind) the same as calling you that?
Of course you would twist my words! That's what you do! You have no solid theory, just generalizations and stereotypes...so yeah, put your money where your mouth is and put forth something productive. It would be the first time on this thread you've done so. As for me, like I said. I have a theory, but want to hear other people's. Now if you HAD an actual theory, I'd be discussing it instead of trying to teach you your abc's.

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#7050 Apr 18, 2013
thanks some sanity here at last

Mil69 he is confusing embargo with a blockade ...

M&N still have some Elk left ????

“Crude, Rude, and Lewd!”

Level 7

Since: Jun 08

Sayonara Falls.

#7052 Apr 18, 2013
tallyho wrote:
thanks some sanity here at last
Mil69 he is confusing embargo with a blockade ...
M&N still have some Elk left ????
Very little. I didn't get my elk last fall but had some left in the freezer. I think it was Nature's way of telling me to use it up before killing another one.

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#7053 Apr 18, 2013
MeanandNasty wrote:
<quoted text>
Very little. I didn't get my elk last fall but had some left in the freezer. I think it was Nature's way of telling me to use it up before killing another one.
that means that this coming season the bull will be about 25lbs heavier ha ha ha

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#7054 Apr 18, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a good question T.
Early in 1941, President Franklin D. Roosevelt moved the Pacific Fleet to Hawaii from its previous base in San Diego and ordered a military buildup in the Philippines in the hope of discouraging Japanese aggression in the Far East. Because the Japanese high command was (mistakenly) certain any attack on Britain's Southeast Asian colonies would bring the U.S. into the war, a devastating preventive strike appeared to be the only way to avoid U.S. naval interference.
well here is the max question , if we blockaded Japan , then how did the enormous fleet of Japan's get out and to Pearl

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Level 10

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#7055 Apr 19, 2013
Force Majeure wrote:
Are there no Americans who know how to read? It would be so simple to look it up to see that you are wrong.
Thanks, learned something. When I was a kid, society wasn't so litigious and Force Majeure meant pre-royalty government organizations based on natural leadership.

.
Force Majeure wrote:
The founder didn't write "your second amendment", bird brain. Are there no Americans who know how to read? It would be so simple to look up the word "amendment" and learn something.
The Bill of Rights, the first 10 Amendments and the 27th Amendment were introduced by James Madison to the 1st Congress, if he's not a founder, who is?
Force Majeure

Stockholm, Sweden

#7056 Apr 19, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a good question T.
Yes, and the whole fleet was not in Pearly Harbour when it was attacked - despite what TubbyHo says.
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text> Thanks, learned something. When I was a kid, society wasn't so litigious and Force Majeure meant pre-royalty government organizations based on natural leadership.
I find that difficult to believe but I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt in the interest of fair play. Anyway, I think we're in agreement that guns and weapons aren't on the plate.
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>The Bill of Rights, the first 10 Amendments and the 27th Amendment were introduced by James Madison to the 1st Congress, if he's not a founder, who is?
I don't know. An amendment is an "addition to the original". If an amendment is not the original then ...... I fail to see how it can be placed on "founder" status. Know what I mean?
Force Majeure

Stockholm, Sweden

#7057 Apr 19, 2013
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
well here is the max question , if we blockaded Japan , then how did the enormous fleet of Japan's get out and to Pearl
Duh!

I know this is again playing your sissy games but if Vietnam was carpet bombed then how is it the B-52's were stationed on Guam?

Can I get a "duh!" from the people in the back row please! Thank you!

Level 5

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#7058 Apr 19, 2013
Force Majeure wrote:
I don't know. An amendment is an "addition to the original". If an amendment is not the original then ...... I fail to see how it can be placed on "founder" status. Know what I mean?
There is no time limit on a proposed limit unless they put one there- the 27th amendment more or less sat in a draw for close to a hundred years and then it went back in the drawer for another one hundred years...

There is usually urgency attached (e.g., women's right to vote); the 27th is one of the who cares amendments.

Level 9

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#7059 Apr 19, 2013
I dare you to come to West Virginia and say that. Come on, stand on any street corner and spout out that little sentence.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

#7060 Apr 19, 2013
Wait...what?

“Easy does it... ”

Level 5

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#7061 Apr 19, 2013
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
the US did not have to go to war in WWII Japan attacked us and Germany declared war upon the US
the only country that Hilter ever declared war on..
Look up the Tripartite Treaty. This treaty required that any of the three nations had to respond by declaring war should any one of the other three be attacked by any of the Allied nations. This meant that should Japan attack the United States, and the United States responded by declaring war against Japan, it would automatically be at war with the other two nations, Germany and Italy.

I suppose that's the main reason I mentioned the term "treaties". It did put us right square in the middle. But you're right, not only did it involve Germany, but then Italy. It would have complicated things a tad less if Japan were the only one that had to be dealt with, which we eventually finally did... to the extreme and morally questionable measure. But they were warned, and repeatedly. Germany had already surrendered by that time,actually 2 months earlier. Big Brother was no longer backing them up. But they persisted and fought until they realized they realized that the U.S. and it's Allies were not delivering empty threats, which is to me... more than a just little admirable.It's just so very sad to me, that Japan's realization came in the form the way it did.

Of course, this is something that Sweden and some (or at least least one of its biased and loud mouthed Topix users) wouldn't know a damn thing about. Because their own country, while playing all sides... fattened its wealth off of Germany the entire time by selling them iron ore. But admittedly, it's also admirable by the country itself at that time that they DID ALSO assist the Allies (not mentioned), and did help save Jewish lives. None of which,I'm nearly positive can be attributed to Force Majeure. Unless he's possibly pushing the age of 90. How the this thread has gotten so far off of the original topic, is astounding.

We the citizens of the United States of America to this very day, currently have the right to arm ourselves against threats that are both foreign and domestic,which also includes criminals, who apparently do not follow any of laws or rights. I personally do NOT see one single thing wrong with that.

Sorry for putting this all in one post, tallyho. You sir, had a great point... and I'm not really in here that often. So, I chose put this response that was originally intended for you as an explanation for my previous post, and more directed towards another, who should make his own thread on... "The Many Ways That America Sucks". To follow his ever awaited sequel...." Why The Many Ways America Sucks, And So does The Inventor of Gun Powder?"

When they invent the contraption that will make no bad people anywhere on earth, that is the least bit non threatening to me and my family at any time, I will most certainly give up my bangs of dreaded death that some people are constantly worried about. And when I hunt (some people are strange that way), I can hunt quite well with a bow and arrow. If my government doesn't allow that, I will pitch rocks, or make a spear. Rocks and spears illegal too? Snares. No Snares? I'm starting to come to the conclusion, that I was raised in a wrong fashion.

I should not work for my living, nor should I occasionally appreciate the outdoors or the food supplies in abundance, that was given to me by a gift of "God" (an entirely mythological character to some, but not personally by me) that we have abused beyond the point of recognition. The simple idea of living off the land has apparently has ever increasingly, become a thing of the past. His message and ideas are long gone, by most it seems.

Sigh.. I just simply hope that I can continue to live my own life as I've known,without EVER shooting and killing anyone, as I've so far done. And that truly means.. ever.

“ASPIRE 2 INSPIRE B4 U EXPIRE”

Level 8

Since: Jul 08

USA

#7062 Apr 19, 2013
8th grade student suspended, arrested over gun t-shirt

http://www.wowktv.com/story/22020264/8th-grad...

When 8th grade Jared Marcum got dressed for school on Thursday he says he had no idea that his pro-Second Amendment shirt would initiate what he calls a fight over his First Amendment rights.

"I never thought it would go this far because honestly I don't see a problem with this, there shouldn't be a problem with this," Jared said.

It was the image of a gun printed on Jared's t-shirt that sparked a dispute between a Logan Middle School teacher and Jared, that ended with Jared suspended, arrested and facing two charges, obstruction and disturbing the education process, on his otherwise spotless record.

Jared's father Allen Lardieri says he's angry he had to rush from work to pick his son up from jail over something he says was blown way out of proportion.

"I don't' see how anybody would have an issue with a hunting rifle and NRA put on a t-shirt, especially when policy doesn't forbid it," Lardieri said.

The Logan County School District's dress code policy prohibits clothing that displays profanity, violence, discriminatory messages and more but nowhere in the document does it say anything about gun images.

"He did not violate any school policy," Lardieri reiterates. "He did not become aggressive.".....

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#7063 Apr 20, 2013
Force Majeure wrote:
<quoted text>
Duh!
I know this is again playing your sissy games but if Vietnam was carpet bombed then how is it the B-52's were stationed on Guam?
Can I get a "duh!" from the people in the back row please! Thank you!
question : is .....well here is the max question , if we blockaded Japan , then how did the enormous fleet of Japan's get out and to Pearl

didn't ask you about B-52s , Viet Nam as a vet would spell it ..

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#7064 Apr 20, 2013
Will Munny wrote:
<quoted text>
Look up the Tripartite Treaty. And that truly means.. ever.
read Germany declared war on the USA , after pearl harbor , duh....DEC. 11th I believe and the only country that Hitler declared war upon.....

when you find Germany/Italy you let me know..

President Franklin D. Roosevelt
Signing the Declaration of
War against Japan
December 8, 1941

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Branded for Bernie: Dozens Get Inked With Free ... 9 min SLY WEST 3
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 11 min TheJerseyDevil 30,656
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 12 min wichita-rick 181,154
Change 1 letter game! (Nov '11) 15 min TheJerseyDevil 6,200
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) 24 min TheJerseyDevil 1,815
CHANGE One letter CHANCE (Sep '08) 28 min SLY WEST 34,021
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 36 min DanFromSmithville 186,771
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 2 hr LOST IN MISSISSIPPI 54,067
The Song Title Game (Jul '10) 3 hr Lemmy is God II 15,870
More from around the web