Only cowards need guns

“Crude, Rude, and Lewd!”

Level 7

Since: Jun 08

Sayonara Falls.

#6985 Apr 16, 2013
So if no guns, sickos will use whatever they've got. Evidenced at the Boston Marathon yesterday. God Bless those people and their families. It's not the guns, nor the knives nor the bombs. It's a larger problem of the psyche of our society. What's happening to us as a whole? That's the question we should be answering. What is going on with people that they feel they have to kill a bunch of other people by whatever means they can find?
Force Majeure

Sweden

#6986 Apr 16, 2013
REDBUTT HERPIES wrote:
Omahan offers wisdom to intruder ...... he told the man that if he wanted nice things, he should get a job ....
.... To which the intruder replied, "If you don't want to be burglar'd, petition the government to create enough jobs for everyone or at least give us decent unemployment/welfare wages!"

NOTE: RedButt Herpies has chosen not to make a comment "at this particular point in time".
Force Majeure

Sweden

#6987 Apr 16, 2013
MeanandNasty wrote:
... It's a larger problem of the psyche of our society. What's happening to us as a whole?
That's easy to answer. Americans are stupid, uneducated, ignorant, poor, nationalistic, hero-worshipers, censored, misinformed and being held hostage by their own war-faring government for the past 100 years that says you should ask what you can do for it rather than what it can do for you - and that you're either with them or against them.

Next question!

“Crude, Rude, and Lewd!”

Level 7

Sayonara Falls.

#6988 Apr 16, 2013
Force Majeure wrote:
<quoted text>
That's easy to answer. Americans are stupid, uneducated, ignorant, poor, nationalistic, hero-worshipers, censored, misinformed and being held hostage by their own war-faring government for the past 100 years that says you should ask what you can do for it rather than what it can do for you - and that you're either with them or against them.
Next question!
Not bigoted much, are ya? How's that working out for you? Spending 24/7 on here as you do doesn't indicate much of a productive life. Good luck with your hand-outs.
Force Majeure

Sweden

#6989 Apr 16, 2013
REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
An 80-year-old Flint man fired two shots at five male teenagers attempting to rob him .... who had guns....
But it turned out that they were high school students sent to do a class assignment story on the poplar trees in that particular neighbourhood. And "guns"? Naw, those were cameras.
Force Majeure

Sweden

#6990 Apr 16, 2013
MeanandNasty wrote:
<quoted text>
How's that working out for you?
I gave you an answer to your question but all you did was make personal insults.

So? Let's hear your explanation, seeing as you don't like mine very much. Are you going to blame it on the communists and the moslems? How about martians and Dunkin' Donuts? Ah Sweden! It must be our fault! We put mind-controlling drugs in the swedish fish and smörgåsbord .......
Force Majeure

Sweden

#6991 Apr 16, 2013
Will Munny wrote:
It's a shame that certain people only fixate on the negative of owning a firearm. They read the bad stories in the news, and eat it up as if it were candy. Never do they read the good stories, and part of it is the popular media's fault...
Yeah! I agree!

It's the same with WW II. Everyone wants to talk about Pearl Harbour and the Holocaust and make ugly sounds and obscene gesture with their fingers at the Germans and Japanese. No one wants to know that Japan and Germany had no choice but go to war. Nobody's interested in Japanese and German culture. And how many stories have you heard about them sending cards to their mothers on Christmas, Easter, birthdays and Mother's Day? Naw, nobody wants to know about that! People are so shallow and fixated with drama.

“Crude, Rude, and Lewd!”

Level 7

Sayonara Falls.

#6992 Apr 16, 2013
Force Majeure wrote:
<quoted text>
I gave you an answer to your question but all you did was make personal insults.
So? Let's hear your explanation, seeing as you don't like mine very much. Are you going to blame it on the communists and the moslems? How about martians and Dunkin' Donuts? Ah Sweden! It must be our fault! We put mind-controlling drugs in the swedish fish and smörgåsbord .......
Having failed to prove your point about guns, you lapsed into insulting everyone who doesn't agree with you. Keep on, you're only shoving your foot deeper in your mouth.

My explanation is the dissolution of the family among other things...I threw this out there to learn what other ideas other people had, not just to stand up on my personal soapbox as you have. Step down and listen instead of shouting. You might learn something.

“Easy does it... ”

Level 5

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#6993 Apr 16, 2013
Force Majeure wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah! I agree!
It's the same with WW II. Everyone wants to talk about Pearl Harbour and the Holocaust and make ugly sounds and obscene gesture with their fingers at the Germans and Japanese. No one wants to know that Japan and Germany had no choice but go to war. Nobody's interested in Japanese and German culture. And how many stories have you heard about them sending cards to their mothers on Christmas, Easter, birthdays and Mother's Day? Naw, nobody wants to know about that! People are so shallow and fixated with drama.
So you are comparing your views with Germany and Japanese historical past beliefs? Should we perhaps worry about you as a radical?

We do know... that when concerning World War 2 and the countries involved, that certain treaties were broken. That means the U.S. and all its Allies HAD to go to war, thus sacrificing many of its nation's brave men and women. Or would you perhaps prefer to speaking a different language right now, and to not enjoy the many freedoms that you currently have before you now? Such as your freedom of speech? Of course they were regular people from those opposing countries..

Your own rights are at stake, and can be taken away from you at a moments notice, right now, and in our country. When it boils down to it, we are one world who all love our families, and hold dear for what we and our like believe in. We all have to populate this world, but the bugger is.... that we can't even seem to agree on even the simple things. There will always be strife and conflict. That's us, summed up as planet. I wish it were different, but it is not. It exists now, and in our very own nation.

That's why I personally believe that far wiser men in our nations origination, seemed to have recognized that fact.... and put the necessary laws in that gave us the right to arm ourselves, via our Constitution and the Bill of Rights. But It's a choice and not a requirement. They had the forethought to give us that choice. It is extremely sad, that some abuse and misinterpret that right,yes.... but that is the way of the world. I admit that we as a nation are greater than most at this point and time, for having the rights that we currently have. We should all feel grateful. If you have troubles with our country and its Constitution, then you yes, do have the right to argue them. Or perhaps move to another country altogether....

Myself, I think I'll stick around and defend what I have, and the rights of what we currently have now as a nation. Today's true crime is what we have to pay for gasoline. But that's JMO, and another subject entirely.

We may not walk down the same path, but I do understand yours. And I hope we can meet at the end of that path, as friends.

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#6994 Apr 16, 2013
Will Munny wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are comparing your views with Germany and Japanese historical past beliefs? Should we perhaps worry about you as a radical?
We do know... that when concerning World War 2 and the countries involved, that certain treaties were broken. That means the U.S. and all its Allies HAD to go to war, thus sacrificing many of its nation's brave men and women. Or would you perhaps prefer to speaking a different language right now, and to not enjoy the many freedoms that you currently have before you now? Such as your freedom of speech? Of course they were regular people from those opposing countries..
Your own rights are at stake, and can be taken away from you at a moments notice, right now, and in our country. When it boils down to it, we are one world who all love our families, and hold dear for what we and our like believe in. We all have to populate this world, but the bugger is.... that we can't even seem to agree on even the simple things. There will always be strife and conflict. That's us, summed up as planet. I wish it were different, but it is not. It exists now, and in our very own nation.
That's why I personally believe that far wiser men in our nations origination, seemed to have recognized that fact.... and put the necessary laws in that gave us the right to arm ourselves, via our Constitution and the Bill of Rights. But It's a choice and not a requirement. They had the forethought to give us that choice. It is extremely sad, that some abuse and misinterpret that right,yes.... but that is the way of the world. I admit that we as a nation are greater than most at this point and time, for having the rights that we currently have. We should all feel grateful. If you have troubles with our country and its Constitution, then you yes, do have the right to argue them. Or perhaps move to another country altogether....
Myself, I think I'll stick around and defend what I have, and the rights of what we currently have now as a nation. Today's true crime is what we have to pay for gasoline. But that's JMO, and another subject entirely.
We may not walk down the same path, but I do understand yours. And I hope we can meet at the end of that path, as friends.
the US did not have to go to war in WWII Japan attacked us and Germany declared war upon the US

the only country that Hilter ever declared war on..
Force Majeure

Sweden

#6995 Apr 16, 2013
MeanandNasty wrote:
<quoted text>
My explanation is the dissolution of the family among other things...
Your going to blame it all on one word and "other things"? Are you inviting a discussion on that or is it a take it or leave proposition? I mean you will have to be specific if you're looking for a discussion or feed-back, don't you think?
Force Majeure

Sweden

#6996 Apr 16, 2013
Will Munny wrote:
<quoted text>We do know... that when concerning World War 2 and the countries involved, that certain treaties were broken. That means the U.S. and all its Allies HAD to go to war
* The U.S. blockaded Japan's life-line trade imports and forced Japan to attack. JAPAN WAS RIGHT.

* Germany was being strangled by the Weimar republic. It had to break free. GERMANY WAS RIGHT.

Will Munny wrote:
<quoted text> Or would you perhaps prefer to speaking a different language right now
I speak 5 languages. Do you have a problem with that?
Will Munny wrote:
<quoted text>and to not enjoy the many freedoms that you currently have before you now? Such as your freedom of speech?
We have many more freedoms than the U.S. and more freedom of speech than you have. The U.S. did not secure any freedoms for me and my country but it is because of the U.S. that more freedom is being lost.
Will Munny wrote:
<quoted text>There will always be strife and conflict.
The United Snakes is the biggest threat to world peace that the world has ever known and the U.S. has started more wars than any other country and destroyed democracy. How many wars have you had in the last 60 years? Too many to count. My country hasn't been at war since Napoleon which is just about as long as the U.S. has existed. You have school shootings, shopping mall shootings, church shootings, cinema shootings, gang war shootings, drive-by shootings, etc. We don't have those things. It is your gun culture that makes all of that destruction but you think we should praise it - not criticize it.

Phooey!

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#6997 Apr 16, 2013
this was stated way back when here , but as a thread of this stupidity , the stupidity rears its head again

the US stopped its export to Japan and decreased the oil export, but never blockaded Japan before Pearl
dr fill

Medinah, IL

#6999 Apr 16, 2013
San Diego Tooltime wrote:
You should see my guns. Lifting a heavy comb will do that for you. How incredible am I? Girls?? Tell me, pwease? Stroke my ego.
Ya look like a grease ball dude!!

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#7000 Apr 16, 2013
dr fill wrote:
<quoted text>Law abiding folks should be allowed to have guns at their side.Thugs and gang bangers should be punished for having a fire arm.I mean their hands should be slammed with a ten pound hammer so they cant pull a trigger.The crime rate would plummet.We keep gentely tapping their hands when they get caught and they are released and kill somebody.We need stricter enforcement of the laws we have on the books already.
Precisely!

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#7001 Apr 16, 2013
Will Munny wrote:
It's a shame that certain people only fixate on the negative of owning a firearm. They read the bad stories in the news, and eat it up as if it were candy. Never do they read the good stories, and part of it is the popular media's fault... because they choose not to report the majority of those. Popular media is so completely biased on some issues, it's a wonder how most people have not recognized that fact, as of yet.

The thread title, really does not really deserve a response. But here it goes... this "coward" who is 6'2" and 250 lbs. and works night shifts, has a sense of security in knowing that his wife and daughter are more protected with a firearm than without, while he is away from the house.

I would much rather receive a phone call saying that my wife has perforated a possible rapist/murderer legally... than the one that tells me that my wife and daughter were raped/murdered, and the intruders got away.

As it stands now, people can make their own choice on if they wish to own a gun or not, which is the way it should be. But when certain politicians and those of a like mind, that are against firearms start telling me that my belief should conform to theirs? When logic itself states that as a responsible firearm owner that my family and I will be far better protected with them than without them?

I have no problem with people that don't believe as I do. And I'm thankful that most of us probably have never had a violent crime happen to us or our family. But the potential is there, no matter what direction or decision one makes on the subject. Criminals in general, have no scruples. They wield whatever tools are necessary, to perform their ill gotten profession to their satisfaction. And that may always include being with a firearm.

It's only a matter of common sense for most of us. Most of us know that bad people don't discriminate, and most certainly do not play fair. The rain falls on the just and the unjust all the same.

But if you fancy yourself 10' tall and bulletproof if the dirtbags come and visit you one day, I do in all sincerity wish you the best of luck. It's just that some of us are realists.
Precisely! Those that hide the truth, promote the propaganda, and violate the law, are UNFORGIVEN.

I couldn't resist.
dr fill

Medinah, IL

#7002 Apr 16, 2013
You should see my guns. Lifting a heavy comb will do that for you. How incredible am I? Girls?? Tell me, pwease? Stroke my ego.
You look like pee weee herman's slow brother!!!! Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!!!!!
Force Majeure

Sweden

#7003 Apr 16, 2013
tallyho wrote:
this was stated way back when here , but as a thread of this stupidity , the stupidity rears its head again
the US stopped its export to Japan and decreased the oil export, but never blockaded Japan before Pearl
The U.S. implemented a blockade during the summer/automne of that year. Pearl Harbour was attacked the following December. Stupidity is in your failure to check the facts before you "rear you head" above the muck.
Force Majeure

Sweden

#7004 Apr 16, 2013
If you here to blow smoke you done did it.

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#7005 Apr 17, 2013
Force Majeure wrote:
<quoted text>
The U.S. implemented a blockade during the summer/automne of that year. Pearl Harbour was attacked the following December. Stupidity is in your failure to check the facts before you "rear you head" above the muck.
check your facts , they stopped exports not blockade and still shipped oil to Japan because they feared Japan would view the stoppage of oil as a warring factor.......... never a blockade we weren't at war

grow up already

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 3 min DarkSoul___ 213,409
Choose your Adventure 9 min greymouser 57
3 Word Advice (Good or Bad) (Dec '14) 39 min Brandiiiiiiii 5,178
Let's Play Song Titles With Six Words,... (Jul '15) 1 hr Everest 17
I went back in time and! (Jul '15) 1 hr greymouser 27
Let's Play Song Titles With Only Three Words,... (Dec '13) 1 hr Everest 596
News Bizarre stunt at Auschwitz carried out by anti-... 1 hr Spotted Girl 2
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 2 hr Crystal_Clear722 21,523
Memorable Movie Scenes. 3 hr Sally 133
A to Z songs by title or group! 3 hr Judy 123 1,271