LOST IN MISSISSIPPI

Ludington, MI

#6878 Apr 13, 2013
tallyho wrote:
huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum you don't know what Mahogany Ridge do ya
tsk tsk there goes all of your credibility as a Sommelier, or oenologist. just went into the tank , ha ha the tank now that is funny
hell I going to have to report myself
what are you talking about pops?

oh and since when is one hour the rest of the day?
pssssst, you have been reporting yourself from day one

what a looser

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#6879 Apr 13, 2013
REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
[Video] Here We Go, Gun Laws Now Being Link to Terrorism After Other Arguments Fail

http://gunssavelives.net/blog/video-feinstein...

Here we go. Politicians are slowly merging the topics of terrorism and gun control.

First they said it was to protect children. When people figured out that firearms injure (that’s injure, not kill) less than 1 in 1,000,000 children that argument didn’t fly.

Then they tried to say the guns available in the US were driving the Mexican drug wars and allowing more drugs to get onto American streets. That argument lost its luster when it was found out that it was the US Government who was allowing guns to be sold to the Mexican Cartels (Fast and Furious).

Now they are trying a new argument. We need to control guns because right now any terrorist can easily buy a gun in the US. Let’s forget the fact that not a single act of domestic terrorism has been committed with a gun unless you count Ft. Hood. However that shooter, an active duty army officer, bought his weapon through a gun store, undergoing a background check.

Terrorism scares people. It’s scary business, there is no doubt about it. That’s why it’s called terrorism. Do anti gun politicians really think that somewhat stricter background checks are going to stop people who carry out military level attacks all over the world? No.

If the politicians are truly concerned about terrorism a more effective goal should be to secure our porous borders.
The Fort Hood shooter was, wait for it, you guessed it, a registered Democrat.

Level 5

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#6880 Apr 13, 2013
REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
[Video] Here We Go, Gun Laws Now Being Link to Terrorism .
You'll swallow anything, Cracker.

Of course, we knew that from the stains on your shirt.

Level 5

Location hidden

#6881 Apr 13, 2013
Dr-Sniper wrote:
<quoted text>
The Fort Hood shooter was, wait for it, you guessed it, a registered Democrat.

The Oklahoma bomber, Timothy MacVeigh was, wait for it, you guess it, a registered Republican.

Level 5

Location hidden

#6882 Apr 13, 2013
REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
Unlike many of the parents of Newtown children, Mattioli is speaking out AGAINST more gun control.....
Unlike all the other parents whose children were killed by the NRA's favorite assault weapon.

Ninety percent of Americans demand universal background checks.

Nine percent of Americans are felons.

That leaves one percent.

“Why call 911? 1911 is faster”

Level 4

Since: Feb 08

Wesley Chapel, FL

#6883 Apr 14, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
Then it's not a law - you can't even call that an ordinance. What makes a law a law or an ordinance an ordinance is that it is enforceable. I'd buy "recommendation," but a law or ordinance?
Definition of ORDINANCE. 1. a: an authoritative decree or direction : order. b: a law set forth by a governmental authority; specifically: a municipal regulation.
That's like saying, "65 mph Speed Limit," unless you don't want to - then go as fast as you want.
LMFGDAO...that was waaaaaaaayyy too easy.
Try again.
You cant put recommendations on the books. It is indeed an ordinance, because you dont like the way its worded doesnt change a thing.

Because speed limits laws are written differently you believe youve achieved a victory? Keep believing that.

Level 4

Wesley Chapel, FL

#6884 Apr 14, 2013
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
funny it is in my Constitution word for word
always glad to laedo
Your copy/paste didnt come from the US Constitution, it came from Wiki. Keep crying putz, it fits you.

Level 4

Wesley Chapel, FL

#6885 Apr 14, 2013
Force Majeure wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you should. I served 3 years in the United Snakes Army and the WORST shooter wore a "marksman" medal.
Do you have anything further to say, Bubba?
Because you say so the definition of the word marksman is changed. How nice for you.

The worst shooter wore a marksman medal. How accurate was the worst shooter? Your attempted point is meaningless.

Maybe you can understand it this way. Take the five best shooters in the world. Would the worst of that group be a bad shooter?

Level 4

Wesley Chapel, FL

#6886 Apr 14, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess I have to remind you you are reading *******HALF********** the decision.
Gosh..... like when you read *******HALF********** the Second amendment.
Funny how that is.
Prove me wrong.

SCOTUS through the Heller decision concluded the second amendment was an individual right.

Here is the complete decision http://www.law.cornell.edu/supct/html/07-290....

Level 4

Wesley Chapel, FL

#6887 Apr 14, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Unless of course a state like Connecticut passes a law that requires people to check to see if the person they are selling deadly weapons are felons.
At which point the gun gnutters start screaming half the second amendment and half the Heller decision.
Funny how that is.
What does your idiotic reply have to do with what you replied to?

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#6888 Apr 14, 2013
eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
Your copy/paste didnt come from the US Constitution, it came from Wiki. Keep crying putz, it fits you.
we are not discussing C/P..but

a quote ,[quote being]........."funny it is in my Constitution word for word"........

1]...To repeat or copy the words of (another), usually with acknowledgment of the source. To cite or refer to for illustration or proof. To repeat a brief passage or excerpt from
2]... to repeat (a passage, phrase, etc.) from a book, speech, or the like, as by way of authority, illustration, etc. 2. to repeat words from
3]... something that is quoted; a passage quoted from a book, speech, etc.: a speech full of quotations from Lincoln's letters. 2. the act or practice of quoting.

hope you can now understand what a quote is...

Level 4

Wesley Chapel, FL

#6889 Apr 14, 2013
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
the constitution is for the individual right ...but is meant for the masses...
The US Constitution is about defining government powers and limiting that government while protecting the rights of the individual. The rights of the individual were of paramount concern to the framers.

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#6890 Apr 14, 2013
eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
course 101..........LITERATE
a] able to read and write. 2. having or showing knowledge of literature, writing, etc.; literary; well-read. 3. characterized by skill, lucidity
b] writings in which expression and form, in connection with ideas of permanent and universal interest, are characteristic or essential features,

Level 4

Wesley Chapel, FL

#6891 Apr 14, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
PS: In some states it's 94 percent.
Cite poll sources and methodology? I could select a set of people here where 100% of them would consider you an idiot.

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#6892 Apr 14, 2013
eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
The US Constitution is about defining government powers and limiting that government while protecting the rights of the individual. The rights of the individual were of paramount concern to the framers.
educate yourself:

The Constitution does not give you rights. The founders considered your rights to be "God-given" or "natural rights" you are born with all your rights. The constitution does, however, protect your rights by:

Limiting the powers of government by granting to it only those specific powers that are listed in the Constitution; (This has not proven to be effective of late.)
Enumerating certain, specific rights which you retain. These are listed in the Bill of Rights.

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#6893 Apr 14, 2013
eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
The Constitution was written by the thirteen original states. The federal government created by the states, via the Constitution, exists to serve the states. Until the states delegated some powers to the new federal government, those powers belonged to the states. The states, of course, delegated only some of their powers to the federal government while retaining most of their powers for themselves.

Level 4

Wesley Chapel, FL

#6894 Apr 14, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You rolling around on the floor screaming that I don't have facts when they are overwhelming doesn't help your case, sticky lips.
Your facts are anything but overwhelming. You never reveal sources, you simply spout crap.

I doubt Redneck Hippie is rolling around on the floor. Another of your facts?

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#6895 Apr 14, 2013
that will keep you occupied for awhile

either go to night school or perhaps law school [note] specify US Constitutional Law.. a never ending course

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#6896 Apr 14, 2013
eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
Cite poll sources and methodology? I could select a set of people here where 100% of them would consider you an idiot.
ahem , you didn't ...note your source... for this post of yours

Level 4

Wesley Chapel, FL

#6897 Apr 14, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Either that or people get tired of you demanding proof that the sun rises in the east, especially after it has been posted.
Google "ninety percent background check"
Let me know what you find.
The source of the 90 percent number came from Bloombergs Mayors Against Gun Violence. The results of that poll have been regurgitated by nearly every liberal news outlet.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
During Obama's Speech at Democratic Campaign Ra... 3 min Lawrence Wolf 56
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 5 min Vector aka Victor... 6,261
Change-one-of-six-letters (Dec '12) 9 min Doug77 3,531
'Pilfered' pumpkins end up pleasing pigs' palates 9 min Xstain Mullah Fra... 1
A To Z Of Movies (Sep '12) 12 min Go Blue Forever 3,856
For Dear FlowerChild (Dec '07) 20 min Harrison Freebird 23,936
Goats Milk with Princess (Jan '10) 32 min okimar 46,029
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 52 min CJ Rocker 149,130
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 55 min Hoosier Hillbilly 22,262
True or False Game 1 hr -CatCiao- 442