“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#6837 Apr 12, 2013
Dr-Sniper wrote:
<quoted text>
You just told off on yourself. You supposedly served in the US military, yet you apparently don't know the difference between a chamber and a magazine.
Btw, FYI, a chamber only holds one round.
Lie much?
now that is amazing I said that about a year ago on here and you asked .."What does his being in the Army have to do with gun control"

yep LIBERTY TRAVEL AGENCY ....

“ASPIRE 2 INSPIRE B4 U EXPIRE”

Level 8

Since: Jul 08

USA

#6838 Apr 12, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Already posted.
Happy to see you refute it.
Make sure you post YOUR source.
I have read all of your drivel. unlike many of us, you have yet to cite any source for any of your posts. Therefore, the "information" you present is of suspect origins, probably somewhere south of your navel.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

#6839 Apr 12, 2013
Force Majeure wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you really believe that's true?
<quoted text>
You ought to do how we do it in Sweden. Long-term(ish) unemployed are put on a program of work (often boring and menial) which qualifies them for continued unemployment benefits. If they refuse they automatically get kicked out and land onto welfare. It's far from a perfect system but it would solve the problem you're having on your side of the Atlantic as you've described it.
Absolutely I believe it. Aside from the a few idiots on this forum that say, "Oh yeah - I'd work in the fields under those conditions," no one is willing to take that kind of employment - heck, they make just about as much on unemployment and they don't even have to break a sweat.

As for putting the long-term unemployed to work in the fields, that I would think may backfire also. You have the Ammendment-hugging righties screaming foul all the time - afterall, you can't force anyone to do anything in a democracy, right? Besides, in the long run the farmers would suffer.

An interesting statistic:

In the 1940's, 23.2% of the population of the United States were farmers. By the 1990's, only 1.8% of the total population were farmers. Sad when you really think about it.

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#6840 Apr 12, 2013
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
best learn how to read ,
who said it .......... "police told reporters Thursday"
oh those guys .... have to agree with sweetie pie on that point you are an idiot , idiot
you can kiss my ring now or later
saw you did read it AGAIN you didn't like it being wrong in your own words ... makes me feel good
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI

Ludington, MI

#6841 Apr 12, 2013
^^^^^^^^^^
simpleton

Level 5

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#6843 Apr 12, 2013
REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
<quoted text>
I have read all of your drivel. unlike many of us, you have yet to cite any source for any of your posts.
There are none so blind as those who have their heads planted firmly up their azz and decide they shall not see.

Level 5

Location hidden

#6844 Apr 12, 2013
REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
<quoted text>
I have read all of your drivel. unlike many of us, you have yet to cite any source for any of your posts.
Let's scroll back ONE comment, to my previous post, right above you.

(quote)
Among hundreds:

http://www.jhsph.edu/research/centers-and-ins ...

Refute it.
(end)

So *yet again* I prove you to be the m/f c/s liar you can't help yourself to be...Cracker.

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#6845 Apr 12, 2013
oh oh did someone lose another one , time will tell
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI

Ludington, MI

#6846 Apr 12, 2013
what are you talkin about pops????

Level 8

USA

#6847 Apr 12, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
There are none so blind as those who have their heads planted firmly up their azz and decide they shall not see.
You are boring me to death fool.
WHAT A MAROON!!!!!!!!!!

Level 8

USA

#6848 Apr 12, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's scroll back ONE comment, to my previous post, right above you.
(quote)
Among hundreds:
http://www.jhsph.edu/research/centers-and-ins ...
Refute it.
(end)
So *yet again* I prove you to be the m/f c/s liar you can't help yourself to be...Cracker.
You FINALLY post one single solitary source to support your claims and that is supposed to impress me. NOT!!!!!
I don't need to refute anything, your article does it for me.
Twenty-two percent of women and 7% of men
report that they have been physically assaulted by
an intimate partner in their lifetime.
Among female victims of IPV, 4% reported having been
threatened with a gun by an intimate partner, and 1% sustained fir
earm injuries in these
assaults.
22% is not a majority and 1% is negligible.

According to federal data collected from police departments, in 2005 approximately 40% of female homicide victims ages 1550 were killed by either a current or former intimate partner.
In over half (55%) of these cases, the perpetrator used a gun.
Among male victims 1550 years of age, 2% were killed by either a current or former intimate partner. About 37% of the male intimate partner homicides involved a gun.
So just over 20% were killed with a gun by a significant other or former SI. Again, not a huge percentage. and of course, the male percentages are even smaller.

Level 5

Location hidden

#6849 Apr 12, 2013
REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
<quoted text>
You FINALLY post one single solitary source to support your claims
I posted JUST ABOVE your posts, Cracker, so I again proved you to be a m/f c/s lying sack of sh!t.

Funny how "never" changes to "just one" and then " a few" and maybe "hardly ever".

And we've already establish you won't put your money where you sticky mouth is, so why not do us both a favor and STFU?

Level 5

Location hidden

#6850 Apr 12, 2013
REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
Twenty-two percent of women and 7% of men
report that they have been physically assaulted by
an intimate partner in their lifetime.
Uh-huh, that's nice.

Level 5

Location hidden

#6851 Apr 12, 2013
REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
22% is not a majority and 1% is negligible.
Gosh, Spooge breath, I didn't say it was.

Wipe your chin, dear.

I am responsible for what I actually say, not for you inability to read.

Witness: your 'I never post sources' statement which I immediately refuted.

Level 8

USA

#6852 Apr 12, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I posted JUST ABOVE your posts, Cracker, so I again proved you to be a m/f c/s lying sack of sh!t.
Funny how "never" changes to "just one" and then " a few" and maybe "hardly ever".
And we've already establish you won't put your money where you sticky mouth is, so why not do us both a favor and STFU?
Oh my....I'm impressed, you know a few cuss words and ain't afraid to use them. NOT!!!!!!!!
You bore me child.

Level 8

USA

#6853 Apr 12, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Gosh, Spooge breath, I didn't say it was.
Wipe your chin, dear.
I am responsible for what I actually say, not for you inability to read.
Witness: your 'I never post sources' statement which I immediately refuted.
Yeah, until that post, you never ever posted a source, regardless of how many times I and others requested that you do so.
One source whoopee, I am impressed...NOT!!!!!!
You bore me child.
Come back wen you have something intelligent to contribute.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#6854 Apr 12, 2013
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>now that is amazing I said that about a year ago on here and you asked .."What does his being in the Army have to do with gun control"

yep LIBERTY TRAVEL AGENCY ....
I never asked that.
LOST IN MISSISSIPPI

Ludington, MI

#6855 Apr 12, 2013
Dr-Sniper wrote:
<quoted text>
I never asked that.
that's just some of tally's special memory abilities

it always works for him
Force Majeure

Stockholm, Sweden

#6856 Apr 13, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
As for putting the long-term unemployed to work in the fields, that I would think may backfire also. You have the Ammendment-hugging righties screaming foul all the time - afterall, you can't force anyone to do anything in a democracy, right?
Yes, that's true - but we get round it.

"Working the fields" (your example) is an unskilled talent. It means that putting long-term unemployed to do the work does not infringe upon any work-force union agreements. In this example(again yours) is normally done by seasonal Polish and Bulgarian labourers who come up for that purpose - then return home again.

True also is the question of forced-work/democratic principles that come into focus but there is no "force" ....... either do the job and get unemployment benefits or go onto welfare. The idea (dubiously) is that working keeps you active, broadens your experience and puts you into a position of forging new contacts. You are also allowed one free day each week for "job searching".

As I said, it's not perfect but maybe it's pretty good?
Force Majeure

Stockholm, Sweden

#6857 Apr 13, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
There are none so blind as those who have their heads planted firmly up their azz ...
True.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text> ... and decide they shall not see.
I really don't think RedButt has all that much to see "up there" anyway, except during "the rush hour" once each day.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CHANGE One letter CHANCE (Sep '08) 7 min Hoosier Hillbilly 30,090
Change 1 letter game! (Nov '11) 8 min Hoosier Hillbilly 3,048
True or False Game 12 min Hoosier Hillbilly 1,320
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 15 min TurkanaBoy 134,816
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 25 min Hoosier Hillbilly 7,863
Create "short sentences using the last word" (Aug '12) 27 min Hoosier Hillbilly 7,642
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 31 min Hoosier Hillbilly 40,775
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 44 min black shuck 152,933
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 53 min TALLYHO 8541 37,805
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 3 hr -Lea- 26,057
Is it possible to....... 7 hr Old Sam 620
More from around the web