Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>What are you a psychiatrist?

Like you've ever presented anything of substance to back your dribble.

LMAO!!!

Better start saving your pennies now, Doc - it's gonna' be expensive to keep that ham sammich full of ham.
I see you are used to psychiatrists. No wonder you oppose the second amendment remaining intact, you are jealous of those who still qualify to purchase firearms.

Your posts clearly indicate your poor mental health status. It all makes sense now.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>What are you a psychiatrist?

Like you've ever presented anything of substance to back your dribble.

LMAO!!!

Better start saving your pennies now, Doc - it's gonna' be expensive to keep that ham sammich full of ham.
Btw, I can see how something as simple as the definition of infringe, or FBI statistics, or population densities would be construed as not presenting anything of substance, in the eyes of a liberal propagandist.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

Dance Dr. Pepper, dance!!!

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

Dr-Sniper wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you are used to psychiatrists. No wonder you oppose the second amendment remaining intact, you are jealous of those who still qualify to purchase firearms.
Your posts clearly indicate your poor mental health status. It all makes sense now.
On the contrary - I'm for keeping it. But we're gonna' tax the living sh*t out of firearms and ammo.

It's coming Doc.

Patience.

Level 5

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

Dr-Sniper wrote:
<quoted text>
More insults without substance.
WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I can dish it out but WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I can't take it! MOMMMY!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>this is your norm ....
hey on a good day I can start a fire with ice can you??
My norm? Projection abound.

Yeah, good luck making a lens out of ice as easily as you use it to detract!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

milwaukee69 wrote:
Dance Dr. Pepper, dance!!!
Detract, deflect, and avoid M69.

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

Dr-Sniper wrote:
<quoted text>
Btw, I can see how something as simple as the definition of infringe
By the way: I can see how you ignore the SUPREME COURT OF THE UNITED STATES which addresses this "infringement" directly and by majority vote that insist you are full of cr@p.

Eh, Dr-Deflection?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>On the contrary - I'm for keeping it. But we're gonna' tax the living sh*t out of firearms and ammo.

It's coming Doc.

Patience.
You can't do both. You keep ignoring the definition of infringe.
Willful ignorance once again.

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

Dr-Sniper wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you are used to psychiatrists.
WAHHHHHHHHHHHH! MOMMY! I can dish it out but I can't stand having it flung back in my FACE~! WAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

~stomp stomp stomp~

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

Dr-Sniper wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you stop drinking so early
WAHHHHHHHHHHHH! MOMMY! I can dish it out but I can't stand having it flung back in my FACE~! WAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

~stomp stomp stomp~

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

Dr-Sniper wrote:
<quoted text>
More insults without substance.

~stomp stomp stomp~

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

Dr-Sniper wrote:
Flaunt your ignorance.

~stomp stomp stomp~

“ASPIRE 2 INSPIRE B4 U EXPIRE”

Level 8

Since: Jul 08

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Anti gun politicians keep saying that 90% of the American people polled support background checks.

There are a few issues with this. First off, we don’t know exactly what people are thinking when they hear background checks. Are these polls asking people,“Do you support background checks for gun purchases?” or “Do you support background checks if it would save the lives of children?” or “Do you support a universal background check on all firearms transactions which will create a paper trail that is a gross invasion of privacy and civil liberties that will cost gun owners $10-30 every time a gun changes hands?”

I’m just going to guess it’s not that last one, but if it was I think the poll numbers would be a little different.

There is also the issue that gun owners, and I’m stereotyping a little here, enjoy their privacy more than your average person. This could mean gun owners are refusing to answer poll questions when they are called.

OK, so we already know the numbers themselves are suspect. We know probably 90% of American people DON’T support invasive, expensive background checks, but let’s forget that. What if they did? It doesn’t matter.

Our government is considered a republic or elected democracy. This is different from a true democracy. In a true democracy, every citizen would be able to weigh in and vote on every issue. Obviously with a population of over 300 million in our country that would not work. All we would be doing is voting. Also, the country would be subjected to every whim of mob mentality.

So what did our founding fathers have in mind?

Let’s look at the following analysis of James Madison’s Federalist Paper No. 10.

He then argues that the only problem comes from majority factions because the principle of popular sovereignty should prevent minority factions from gaining power. Madison offers two ways to check majority factions: prevent the “existence of the same passion or interest in a majority at the same time” or render a majority faction unable to act. Madison concludes that a small democracy cannot avoid the dangers of majority faction because small size means that undesirable passions can very easily spread to a majority of the people, which can then enact its will through the democratic government without difficulty.

Madison states,“The latent causes of faction are thus sown in the nature of man”, so the cure is to control their effects. He makes an argument on how this is not possible in a pure democracy but possible in a republic. With pure democracy, he means a system in which every citizen votes directly for laws, and, with republic, he intends a society in which citizens vote for an elite of representatives who then vote for laws. He indicates that the voice of the people pronounced by a body of representatives is more conformable to the interest of the community, since, again, common people’s decisions are affected by their self-interest.(Source)

Madison presents a solution to the mob rule mentality that exists with democracy. He proposed elected officials that represent groups of citizens.

Now the founding fathers also saw potential problems with this. Those elected officials are obviously human, as are the rest of us and could be subject to the same type of mob rule mentalities under certain situations and could make policies which are detrimental to the well being of their constituents, even while being well meaning.

So, the founding fathers put together a document called the Constitution in order to lay out a set of rules of what these elected officials could and could not actually do.

That documented was amended with the Bill of Rights, to ensure that the most basic, fundamental rights of the people were always protected. The Bill of Rights was put in place to insure that no mob rule mentality could ever trample the rights of the citizens of the United States as long as the Constitution was still the law of the land in regards to the government.....

Level 8

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Our government type (republic), Constitution, and Bill of Rights were all put in place to protect this country from the dangers of mob rule. Even if 90% of the American people did want invasive universal background checks (I promise, they don’t), the system in place protects the rights of the minority, because the right to bear arms is one of the explicitly protected rights in the Bill of Rights.

Let’s think about it another way. What if 90% of the country wanted to get rid of all religions except one? What if 90% of the country wanted to reinstate slavery? What if 90% of the country wanted to institute Sharia law? In those situations we would expect our elected officials to protect the citizens from mob rule and use the documents our founding fathers put in place to protect us from tyranny. This debate is no different, and actually more important, because if the Second Amendment is eroded enough all of those terrible things I just listed could much more easily become reality.

Level 8

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Robber gunned down on Pasadena street

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/houst...

A man shot and killed a robber who allegedly held him at gunpoint on a Pasadena street Friday night.

The victim was walking in the 600 block of Hawthorne near Wafer around 10:30 p.m. after shopping when a dark-colored truck pulled up beside him, said Pasadena Police spokesman Vance Mitchell.

An armed man then got out of a vehicle, pointing a gun in the victim's face and demanding that he give him everything he had, Mitchell said.

After the victim handed over a bag with the boots he'd just purchased, he heard another man in the truck yell to the gunman to shoot him, Mitchell said.

In fear for his life, the victim pulled out his own gun and began shooting toward the robber, striking him, Mitchell said. The suspect then jumped back in the vehicle, which fled down the street to the intersection of Wafer and Southmore....

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
Anti gun politicians keep saying that 90% of the American people polled support background checks.
Everyone is the level of approval is 90 -percent or higher.

The exception would be the gun gnutters who are stomping their feet insisting they should have the right to sell to felons and mental defects like yourself.

Fun thing: google "ninety percent".

don't list anything else.

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
Robber gunned down on Pasadena street
WILSON COUNTY, Tenn.– The Sheriff in Wilson County talked on Monday about a weekend accident that killed the wife of one of his deputies. Authorities said a 4-year-old who gained access to a loaded gun during a family cookout shot and killed 48-year-old Josephine Fanning.

The shooting happened Saturday evening inside Deputy Daniel Fanning's home on S.E. Tater Peeler Road in Lebanon. Authorities said Deputy Fanning and a male relative had been looking at firearms in a bedroom.

"He was actually showing another person that was there at the house some of his weapons he had locked in a secure gun safe," said Sheriff Robert Bryan.

The sheriff said no one saw Deputy Fanning's 4-year-old nephew walk into the room.

"Split second, we're talking about seconds for that kid to walk in that room unbeknownst to them, grab that gun and it goes off." said Sheriff Bryan.

The 4-year-old picked up the loaded gun and fired it once, hitting Josephine Fanning. She was pronounced dead on the scene.

Sheriff Bryan said this was all just a horrible accident.

"He took all the precautions, he's a trained law enforcement officer, trains with weapons all the time."

The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation was called to investigate, as required by protocol.

TBI spokeswoman Kristin Helm said the gun used was not Daniel Fanning's service weapon. Helm said Daniel Fanning works as a school resource officer.

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
Our government type
(CNN)-- A 6-year-old New Jersey boy has died after being shot in the head by a 4-year-old playmate as their parents stood in the yard nearby, a local police chief said.

Brandon Holt was pronounced dead at 5 p.m. Tuesday at Jersey Shore University Medical Center in Neptune, according to Toms River police Chief Michael Mastronardy.

It was the second incident in the United States in recent days involving young children accidentally shooting others.

Brandon was playing in and around the 4-year-old's Toms River home on Monday evening when the younger child left the yard and went inside, police explained.

"The 4-year-old ... retrieved a rifle within the house, a .22-caliber rifle, came outside," Mastronardy told reporters earlier Tuesday. "... A shot went out and the 6-year-old was struck in the head."

Daniel Watkins, uncle of the 6-year-old boy, told CNN affiliate WCBS that the two children were friends.

"It's really difficult to deal with," Watkins said. "This is something that shouldn't have happened. It's horrible."

A family friend, Lynne Boccadoro, told CNN affiliate WABC that Brandon and his family had recently come over for Easter dinner.

"Always smiling, always laughing," she said of Brandon. "The cutest, cutest little boy."

The Atlantic County prosecutor's office is leading the investigation to determine whether charges will be filed in the case and, if so, against whom, Mastronardy said Tuesday night.

This eastern New Jersey incident follows another fatal shooting days ago that also involved a 4-year-old boy, this time in Tennessee.

Josephine Fanning had gone into a bedroom, along with the boy, where her husband -- Wilson County Sheriff's Deputy Daniel Fanning -- was showing a relative some of the lawman's guns.

At some point, the boy picked up a loaded pistol from a bed and shot Josephine Fanning dead, said Tennessee Bureau of Investigation spokeswoman Kristin Helm.

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
Our government type (republic), Constitution, and Bill of Rights were all put in place to protect this country from the dangers of mob rule.
Mob rule = 90 percent of Americans who are sick of stupid azzes like this cracker insisting he has the right to sell guns to felons, and to leave his weapons laying around the house where children can pick them up and kill one another with.

Others call it: democracy.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 6,221 - 6,240 of7,306
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

252 Users are viewing the Weird Forum right now

Search the Weird Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Woman Flees Topless After Being Caught Shoplifting 5 min Spotted Girl 19
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 6 min -Lea- 14,704
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 9 min Ozzie 141,172
what are you eatin'? (Mar '13) 9 min Mechanic 2,370
Word Association (Jun '10) 10 min curiouslu 25,974
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 10 min curiouslu 53,906
The Pun Game (Apr '10) 12 min Mechanic 3,400
Boy, 9, marries 62-year-old mother of five for ... 37 min shaon 7
The Night Owl Saloon (Jun '11) 1 hr poison 15,570