Comments
6,121 - 6,140 of 7,306 Comments Last updated Feb 25, 2014

“ASPIRE 2 INSPIRE B4 U EXPIRE”

Level 8

Since: Jul 08

USA

#6674 Apr 9, 2013
Westbank store owner shoots armed robber

http://www.wwl.com/pages/15983100.php...

The Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office says an armed robber is in the hospital in critical condition after a foiled robbery attempt at a Westbank restaurant.

According to JPSO spokesman Col. John Fortunato, a suspect entered a sandwich shop on Barataria just before 11:30 p.m. Saturday. Fortunato says the suspect came in through a back door and was armed with a shotgun.

Police say the robber first pointed his shotgun at an employee cleaning the business and ordered the employee to the front of the business. The store owner heard the commotion and looked around the corner to find the suspect pointing the shotgun at him, according to investigators.

As the robber turned to move toward the owner, witnesses say the employee began struggling with the robber over the shotgun. As the struggle ensued, the store owner armed himself with a handgun and began firing at the suspect, according to police.....

Level 8

USA

#6675 Apr 9, 2013
Update: Attempted Armed Robber Shot, Killed

http://www.lex18.com/news/update-attempted-ar...

Police say the man who was shot Saturday night in an attempted armed robbery has died.

It happened on West Second Street between Broadway and Jefferson Street around 9:30pm.

Lexington Police say a man with a gun approached another man who was sitting in his car in an attempt to rob him. That's when, police say, the man who was being held up shot the attempted robber. He was taken to the hospital where he later died....

Level 8

USA

#6676 Apr 9, 2013
Suspect Robs Family at Miami Burger King, Then Man Shoots Him: Police

http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/Suspect-Ro...

A father who was robbed while eating with his family took out his own gun and shot the suspect, Miami Police said.

It happened at about 1 p.m. Friday at the Burger King restaurant at Biscayne Boulevard and Northeast 17th Street, police said.

The robber walked in, flashed his gun to the family, demanded their valuables, then headed for the door, according to police.

The father, fearing for his life, took out his gun and shot the suspect in the leg as he stood outside the restaurant, police said.....

Level 8

USA

#6677 Apr 9, 2013
Hundreds of Texas educators take free concealed handgun class

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/04/07/hundreds...

A concealed handgun training class envisioned by former Navy SEAL Chris Kyle before his death drew hundreds of educators to a Texas school auditorium Saturday.

More than 700 teachers and administrators attended the all-day session on gun laws and safety at Kennedale High School in Dallas-Fort Worth area, The Dallas Morning News reported.

The free class was organized by Dalworthington Gardens Police Chief Bill and Kyle, who was fatally shot at a North Texas shooting range in February.

"It went from 20 to 30 teachers to the more than 700 we have here today. It just exploded with Chris’ involvement," Dalworthington Gardens Police Chief Bill Waybourn told the paper.....

Level 8

USA

#6678 Apr 9, 2013
Beaumont Serial Robber Caught After Victim Shot Him

http://setxhomepage.com/fulltext...

After striking again early Sunday morning, a Beaumont serial robber has finally been caught, but not before he targeted a victim who fought back.

Beaumont and Lumberton Police collectively captured 21-year-old Scott Allen Willis Sunday after he committed two more robberies in Lumberton.

Police say Willis, along with the help of 22-year-old Malik Washington and 21-year-old Ariel Malveaux, first abducted a woman in the 200 block of Village Creek Parkway.

They drove her to an ATM and made her withdraw money before releasing her.

Then they attempted to rob two women at their home in the 100 block of Dennis Drive.

However, one of the women had the chance to grab a handgun from inside the home and shoot Willis in the abdomen.....

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#6679 Apr 9, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>Either that or people get tired of you demanding proof that the sun rises in the east, especially after it has been posted.

Google "ninety percent background check"

Let me know what you find.
The sun does not rise in the East, so how would someone prove that it does?
Why would I do your work or research for you? Typical liberal you are.

Location hidden

#6680 Apr 9, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>Ah... so you were aware that it was 90 percent.

You can see why people ignore you when they know you already have the answer.
No, I said so what, to some states being 94%. That does not mean 90% of Americans want more stringent background checks.
You always want to post partial truths to make an invalid point.

Location hidden

#6681 Apr 9, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>Specious reasoning.

With the emphasis on Specious.

PS- the assault weapon the gun gnutter in Connecticut used was legal and NRA approved. If the NRA had it's way, it would approve of the sale to him again. After all, they gave him a certificate.
There is an assault weapon ban in CT. An AR-15 is an assault weapon according to you liberals. So how was it legal?
Prove any of that!

Level 5

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#6682 Apr 9, 2013
REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
<quoted text>
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Open the window before using paint thinner, Cracker.

Level 5

Location hidden

#6683 Apr 9, 2013
Dr-Sniper wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I said so what, to some states being 94%. That does not mean 90% of Americans want more stringent background checks.
Already posted.

PS: Any background check would be more stringent then what you and your gun gnutters & the NRA insist should be no background checks.

Level 5

Location hidden

#6684 Apr 9, 2013
Dr-Sniper wrote:
<quoted text>
There is an assault weapon ban in CT. An AR-15 is an assault weapon according to you liberals.
The AR-15 is an assault weapon according to the state of Connecticut under the new law signed Wednesday.

~stomp stomp stomp~

I guess you can't sell to felons there either, eh, Dr-Dolittle?

Location hidden

#6685 Apr 9, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>Already posted.

PS: Any background check would be more stringent then what you and your gun gnutters & the NRA insist should be no background checks.
How childish, lol. You make it too easy to point out how pathetic your perspective is.

Level 5

Location hidden

#6686 Apr 9, 2013
Dr-Sniper wrote:
<quoted text>
How childish, lol. You make it too easy to point out how pathetic your perspective is.
My perspective is people shouldn't sell firearms to people like you- felons and mentally enfeeble.

No one needs you to point out anything, you have yet to form a cogent thought.

Level 5

Location hidden

#6687 Apr 9, 2013
REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
Beaumont Serial Robber Caught After Victim Shot Him
Md. high school student, Army staff sergeant are found dead
By Suzy Khimm, Published: April 8

Rockville High School senior Michelle Miller had “huge plans” for a future in the Army Reserve and the 17-year-old honor student was set to begin basic training this summer, her father said.

On Monday, she was found dead in the Germantown home of a U.S. Army staff sergeant who, her family said, had helped recruit her. Montgomery County police said 31-year-old Adam A. Arndt shot Miller and then killed himself, leaving her family, friends and classmates to mourn a bright, ambitious teen who was only months from graduation.

The murder-suicide occurred at a townhouse on Pinnacle Drive in Germantown.

“She wanted to be a psychologist, and she wanted to do battle-related psychology,” said Michelle’s father, Kevin Miller.“She was a beautiful girl, and she loved life.”

Miller said Michelle played varsity lacrosse and soccer and tutored other students. She took Advanced Placement courses and was taking a class at Montgomery Community College, he said.

Will Minger, 19, a Rockville High School graduate who is now at East Carolina University, said Michelle was bubbly and outgoing. When he was in high school, he said, she was part of the cheering section for the basketball team and was a water girl for the football team.

“She carried a smile with her everywhere she went, and her smile was infectious,” Minger said in an e-mail.“There was never a dull moment when you were around Michelle, and that’s not something you can say about most people.”

Police said Michelle Miller and Arndt had met through her plans to join the Army Reserve. They did not say what they thought prompted the shooting.

Kevin Miller said he thinks Arndt was a higher-ranking colleague of a female Army recruiter who first spoke to the family. He said that he never met Arndt, but that Michelle talked about him.

“I know she was smitten by the guy — she used to show a picture of him on her camera,” Miller said. He did not know whether the two were romantically involved but said,“I’d say the chances are pretty good.” He said Michelle rushed out of their house about 9 p.m. Sunday, telling her parents that she had to help a friend who was suicidal, but didn’t give many details. Her father said that he sent text messages and that when she didn’t respond he called police.

“She gave me really vague directions, the location where it was, and I never heard from her again,” he said.

Detectives learned that Michelle might be at Arndt’s Pinnacle Drive townhouse. Just after 10&#8201;a.m. Monday, police forced their way in and found the two dead. A relative of Arndt’s declined to comment when reached by phone. Army officials were not immediately available to comment.

Level 5

Location hidden

#6688 Apr 9, 2013
REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
Hundreds of Texas educators take free concealed handgun class
MILWAUKEE —Two are dead in an apparent murder-suicide in a south side Milwaukee neighborhood.

The shootings took place in a driveway outside a home the couple shared near South 5th Street and West Bottsford Avenue.

"I assume if there was a fight I would have heard that. I heard nothing. All we heard was,'Bam, bam, bam,' and that's when I jumped up," neighbor Anthony Tracy said.

Tracy was home with his dad when he heard what sounded like gunfire coming from the house behind them.

"It's scary because it's close to home," Tracy said.

Police said just before 9 a.m., 39-year-old Annemarie Bautch returned home from dropping her kids off at school when her live-in boyfriend pulled in behind her in the taxicab he drove for hire, walked to her van's window and shot her in the head.

Investigators said 41-year-old Daniel Billings then turned the gun on himself.

"We looked over there immediately because it's just something that came from that way. We could see the windshield wipers, and I said,'Looks like the windshield is busted out,'" Tracy said.

Mary Ellen Lepak said she ran over to the house when she heard the shots. She said saw spotted Billings on the ground and Bautsch in the minivan.

"He had a gun laying flat on his back with his eyes wide open," Lepak said. "I checked in the window to see if she had a pulse. In the process, I was talking to 911 and getting them the right address. Eventually police came, but I told them,'It's too late.'"

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#6689 Apr 9, 2013
for a militia huh....

A pistol in the hands of a 4-year-old boy went off Saturday, killing Josephine Fanning, the 48-year-old wife of Wilson County Sheriff's Deputy Daniel Fanning.

The tragedy has shaken the town of Lebanon, Tennessee, a community just east of Nashville beside itself with grief.

Days after the Tennessee shooting, the intersection between children and guns emerged again, this time in Toms River, New Jersey.

A 4-year-old boy shot another boy, age 6, in the head with a .22-caliber rifle Monday night. They were playing in a yard, police said. The boy is alive, in stable condition at a hospital.

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#6690 Apr 9, 2013
if only he read his second.....

14 people stabbed in attack at Texas college campus ... One student said she learned one of her classmates was stabbed after leaving the school's Health Science

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#6691 Apr 9, 2013
wonder where all those well armed Texans were ....

Location hidden

#6692 Apr 9, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>The AR-15 is an assault weapon according to the state of Connecticut under the new law signed Wednesday.

~stomp stomp stomp~

I guess you can't sell to felons there either, eh, Dr-Dolittle?
Interesting you would post that.
Here is an excerpt:
That means citizens who rushed out to continue to clear the shelves at firearm dealers of any of the banned firearms on the morning of April 4, before Gov. Dannel P. Malloy signed the bill at noon, are in possession of a banned weapon which is subject to a class D felony with a mandatory one-year minimum prison term.

So it was signed at noon on Thursday April 4th. Yet people who bought listed weapons between 12am and noon April 4th are considered felons.

Like we conservatives have repeatedly stated, gun control makes criminals out of law abiding citizens.

Level 5

Location hidden

#6693 Apr 9, 2013
Dr-Sniper wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting you would post that.
Here is an excerpt:
That means citizens who rushed out to continue
Let's review what we know:

90 percent of Americans want universal background checks.
Background checks block gun sales to felons
9 percent of Americans are felons.
You oppose background checks and insist you have a right to sell to felons.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What's your tip for the day? 3 min DMAN 797
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 4 min Just TLC 28,484
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 4 min Sublime1 18,512
Texas Governor Rick Perry Indicted 5 min -Lea- 230
*add A word / drop a word* (Nov '12) 6 min SLY WEST 8,953
Dave's bar and grill,is now open. (May '13) 6 min DMAN 4,856
Change-one-of-six-letters (Dec '12) 8 min SLY WEST 3,239
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 9 min wichita-rick 145,122
Fergson Police Dept. 16 min reebie 352
•••