Force Majeure

Sweden

#6553 Apr 4, 2013
Dr-Stripper wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep. My webbed foot just came out of your ass.
To think that you could find room for your feet with your face already 3 feet deep in it. You're quite the dexterous fellow you are.

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#6554 Apr 5, 2013
SLACK wrote:
<quoted text>what are you crying about?
you lost james did ya

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#6555 Apr 5, 2013
rest in peace dear thread for you sure did occupy the time.... and revealed a few more IDS...

say after me

..........AMEN..........
SLACK

Ludington, MI

#6556 Apr 5, 2013
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
you lost james did ya
what are you talking about pops?

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#6557 Apr 5, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
Freeman is a term which originated in 12th century Europe and is common as an English or American Colonial expression in Puritan times. In the Bay Colony, a man had to be a member of the Church to be a freeman. In Colonial Plymouth, a man did not need to be a member of the Church, but he had to be elected to this privilege by the General Court. Being a freeman carried with it the right to vote, and by 1632 only freemen could vote in Plymouth.
Black's Law Dictionary (9th edition) defines Freeman as
1. A person who possesses and enjoys all the civil and political rights belonging to the people under a free government.
2. A person who is not a slave.
3. Hist. A member of a municipal corporation (a city or a borough) who possesses full civic rights, esp. the right to vote.
4. Hist. A freeholder. Cf. VILLEIN.
5. Hist. An allodial landowner.
"Freedom" was earned after an allotted time, or until the person demanding "payment" was satisfied this was known as indentured servitude, and was not originally intended as a stigma or embarrassment for the person involved since many of the sons and daughters of the wealthy and famous of the time found themselves forced into such temporary servitude.
In terms that even Thomas Jefferson the slave owner would understand, a "freeman" was not a slave, a freeman was not everyone - since "freedom" was earned after an "allotted time." Perhaps The Virginia Constitution and it's racist undertones isn't the best example to use, FC.
Good morning and Happy Friday, M69 ... good information that you have given and appreciate your candor and comeback on same ... it lends itself to some good discussion ... It's with shame that our founding father and principal author of the Declaration of Independence, had these thoughts back in the early 1800's ... Still, to this day, there is prejudice among men and women with race, religion et al ... the vicious circle continues and when will it ever stop ... Best of day to you! FC ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#6558 Apr 5, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Freeman = white.
Yes, I understand that, b2626 ... It took 16 Presidents to oppose slavery ...

I was lucky enough to see the movie LINCOLN on the big screen ft Daniel Day Lewis and Sally Field (whom I'm not much a fan of) but nonetheless had a great performance ... It was a great film and Lewis should have won an Oscar, Field NOT ... you can probably get it Netflix or Redbox ...

Also, from the library, KILLING LINCOLN audio by Bill O'Reilly, is an excellent source of information on honest Abe ... very well written and O'Reilly did the book justice ... Never did audio before ... it was good ...

Enjoy your Friday, TGIF ... FC ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#6559 Apr 5, 2013
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
nice info , but let me point out that only one was passed by all , all 13
yes, Tally ... that is my understanding of same ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#6560 Apr 5, 2013
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
I was lucky enough to see the movie LINCOLN on the big screen ft Daniel Day Lewis and Sally Field (whom I'm not much a fan of) but nonetheless had a great performance ... It was a great film and Lewis should have won an Oscar, Field NOT ... you can probably get it Netflix or Redbox ...
Also, from the library, KILLING LINCOLN audio by Bill O'Reilly, is an excellent source of information on honest Abe ... very well written and O'Reilly did the book justice ... Never did audio before ... it was good ...
Enjoy your Friday, TGIF ... FC ...
movie trailer LINCOLN ft Daniel Day Lewis ... the initial attitude of the character portrayed by Tommy Lee Jones and the final attitude will surprise you ... I've seen this movie twice ... it's awesome ...

Level 5

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#6561 Apr 5, 2013
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
"Oppose"?

There were few things that the president of the US could do (as president) but Lincoln wasn't the first (JQ Adams, e.g.) to oppose slavery.

And if... if if nine ifs... if there had been no Civil War and Lincoln had signed the EP (which freed ONLY in the slave states) and.. and.. if it went to SCOTUS, it would have (probably) been tossed as unconstitutional.

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#6562 Apr 5, 2013
SLACK wrote:
<quoted text>the most important and least understood quote by Jefferson
"God forbid we should ever be twenty years without such a
rebellion... We have had thirteen States independent for eleven
years. There has been one rebellion. That comes to one
rebellion in a century and a half, for each State. What country
before ever existed a century and a half without a rebellion?" --
Thomas Jefferson to William S. Smith, 1787.
Hello Slack ... There's no doubt the man was intelligent ... obviously, he was quite opinionated as well ... With regards to opinions, I suppose Offbeat existed back in the 1700's as well, LOL ... Good day to you too, Slack! FC ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#6563 Apr 5, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Oppose"?
There were few things that the president of the US could do (as president) but Lincoln wasn't the first (JQ Adams, e.g.) to oppose slavery.
And if... if if nine ifs... if there had been no Civil War and Lincoln had signed the EP (which freed ONLY in the slave states) and.. and.. if it went to SCOTUS, it would have (probably) been tossed as unconstitutional.
yes, B2626 ... 16 presidents to draw up the EP (Emancipation Proclamation)... to be more precise ...

Level 5

Location hidden

#6564 Apr 5, 2013
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
yes, B2626 ... 16 presidents to draw up the EP (Emancipation Proclamation)... to be more precise ...
The EP wasn't constitutional and was only "enforced" in the states that declared war on the US. Lincoln did not free states outside of the rebellion.

The US was not in Civil War for the first 15 presidents.

John Quincy Adams opposed slavery, for example.

And Abraham Lincoln himself noted that many of the founding fathers opposed slavery in his Peoria speech.

http://www.nps.gov/liho/historyculture/peoria...

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#6565 Apr 5, 2013
huuuuuuuuuuuuum

At some point, Miller pulled out a gun and the boyfriend, who also had a gun, allegedly shot him. Detectives were trying to sort out witness statements to determine which man pulled his gun first. When police arrived, they found Miller on the ground with a gun nearby. The boyfriend had fled.

see they exercised their 2nd...

now one can use the 5th

The Constitution reserves many rights for those suspected of crime. One of the fears was that the government could act however it wished by simply saying an individual was a suspected criminal.... many of the rights in the Constitution and the Bill of Rights, such as habeas corpus, the right to remain silent, and the right to an attorney, are designed to ensure that those accused of a crime are assured of those rights.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaah yes

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#6566 Apr 5, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
The EP wasn't constitutional and was only "enforced" in the states that declared war on the US. Lincoln did not free states outside of the rebellion.
The US was not in Civil War for the first 15 presidents.
John Quincy Adams opposed slavery, for example.
And Abraham Lincoln himself noted that many of the founding fathers opposed slavery in his Peoria speech.
http://www.nps.gov/liho/historyculture/peoria...
yes, b2626, it was the 16th Prez of the US who was really passionate of ending slavery ... there were presidents before him who opposed slavery but none of which took a stand like old honest Abe ... thank you for producing some interesting links and bringing to the forefront some points of reference ... it's amazing what one quote by Thomas Jefferson will bring people together in good discussion, yes? Have to go now to get my home ready for company tonight but catch up with you later ... Enjoy your day! FC ...

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#6567 Apr 5, 2013
1]President Abraham Lincoln was always against slavery on moral grounds. However, he was not an admirer of the black man, did not believe blacks should be granted the rights of American citizens, and did not wish that they be a part of American society. He believed that all blacks should be removed from the United States and resettled in some other country.
2]Lincoln on freed slaves: "My first impulse would be to free all the slaves, and send them to Liberia

Fascinating Fact: Lincoln's Emancipation Proclamation actually freed no one. He did not free any slaves in areas of the country controlled by the federal government. He freed only slaves in areas in rebellion, precisely where he had no control.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

#6569 Apr 5, 2013
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning and Happy Friday, M69 ... good information that you have given and appreciate your candor and comeback on same ... it lends itself to some good discussion ... It's with shame that our founding father and principal author of the Declaration of Independence, had these thoughts back in the early 1800's ... Still, to this day, there is prejudice among men and women with race, religion et al ... the vicious circle continues and when will it ever stop ... Best of day to you! FC ...
Hey FC - Happy Friday (and payday :o)

"'Twas a much different era that we lived in."

As defiant as it may sound - most of our founding fathers were slave owners to which today would be termed as "bigot." Applying modern examples to a document that is over 200 years old is a inane, IMHO. I mean, you wouldn't want a job nowadays that only paid you 1950's wages - why would you want to live nowadays by a law that was written 200 years ago?

Level 5

Location hidden

#6570 Apr 5, 2013
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
yes, b2626, it was the 16th Prez of the US who was really passionate of ending slavery .
You don't know what you are talking about, and you fell asleep during the movie.

Lincoln didn't want to end slavery, and if he could have kept the country together and had to allow slavery in the existing states, he would have done so.

You should stick to movies you can handle, the getting drunk in Mexico topless burping and movies.

Level 5

Location hidden

#6571 Apr 5, 2013
tallyho wrote:
Fascinating Fact: Lincoln's Emancipation Proclamation actually freed no one. He did not free any slaves in areas of the country controlled by the federal government.
Correct.

And slavery in the north existed after the Civil War.

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#6572 Apr 5, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct.
And slavery in the north existed after the Civil War.
yes and the confederate states had to enter the union as a free states , but they didn't have to free slaves

“ASPIRE 2 INSPIRE B4 U EXPIRE”

Level 8

Since: Jul 08

USA

#6573 Apr 5, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey FC - Happy Friday (and payday :o)
"'Twas a much different era that we lived in."
As defiant as it may sound - most of our founding fathers were slave owners to which today would be termed as "bigot." Applying modern examples to a document that is over 200 years old is a inane, IMHO. I mean, you wouldn't want a job nowadays that only paid you 1950's wages - why would you want to live nowadays by a law that was written 200 years ago?
Yeah, like that pesky old useless 1st Amendment.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Or that old worn out 3rd Amendment.
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Or maybe we should just gut the 5th Amendment.
No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the militia, when in actual service in time of war or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use without just compensation.

Certainly we should rewrite the old 6th Amendment.
In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the assistance of counsel for his defense.

Or do you just only want to decimate the 2nd Amendment.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 3 min CJ Rocker 149,077
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! (Feb '14) 6 min Chilli J 2,222
Nebraska trucker returns bull mastiff to Arizona 21 min Prosperity Fundie... 1
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 27 min Agents of Corruption 121,043
What's your tip for the day? 32 min SLY WEST 1,220
keep a word drop a word (Sep '12) 36 min CJ Rocker 6,724
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 38 min CJ Rocker 6,250
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 4 hr Crazy Beautiful 6,838
Truck containing 36,000 pounds of Crisco stolen 6 hr JV Team 44
True or False Game 6 hr -CatCiao- 410