“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

#6144 Mar 25, 2013
In the United States, the concept of "Homeland Security" extends and recombines responsibilities of government agencies and entities. According to Homeland security research, the U.S. federal Homeland Security and Homeland Defense includes 187 federal agencies and departments, including the United States National Guard, the Federal Emergency Management Agency, the United States Coast Guard, Customs and Border Protection, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, United States Citizenship and Immigration Services, the United States Secret Service, the Transportation Security Administration, the 14 agencies that constitute the U.S. intelligence community and Civil Air Patrol. Although many businesses now operate in the area of homeland security, it is overwhelmingly a government function.

IMHO, I would consider the Coast Guard a branch of the Armed Forces.

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#6145 Mar 25, 2013
if you have a gun , you are a menace..
you have two guns , you are dangerous
phaines

Big Bear Lake, CA

#6146 Mar 25, 2013
tallyho wrote:
if you have a gun , you are a menace..
you have two guns , you are dangerous
who?me?...I dont own any guns...lol...:)

“Geaux Tigers!”

Level 9

Since: Jun 12

Down on the bayou

#6147 Mar 25, 2013
No Comprende wrote:
<quoted text>Thats not the point in your pointless rant. If you have a gun and its loaded you are an ARMED FORCE. We are not debating whether they are a branch, you took it along that route for your own self serving need. Here is the point -> You basically implied that HS is gobbling up ammo BUT doesn't use weapons of any nature and doesn't need to buy up ammo. Are you sure about that? NOW can you asnswer the question?? Are you positive that HS doesn't have a need for ammo??
In true dragoon fashion, I am sure you'll branch out on a tangent unrelated.....wait for it...
I'm ranting? Look up to see a rant.

(P.S. I never said HS doesn't use weapons).

You need to go do some squats in a cucumber patch to relieve some that stress.
phaines

Big Bear Lake, CA

#6148 Mar 25, 2013
http://t1.gstatic.com/images...

humor break.....lol

“Geaux Tigers!”

Level 9

Down on the bayou

#6150 Mar 25, 2013
Zero Dark Nerdy wrote:
<quoted text>So......you never intended to answer the question huh? Typical Dragoon.
Your question: Are you positive that HS doesn't have a need for ammo??

My response: I never said that HS doesn't use weapons. Dumbazz.

“Geaux Tigers!”

Level 9

Down on the bayou

#6153 Mar 25, 2013
Force Majeure wrote:
<quoted text>
Says who? Are they forceful? Are they armed?
Police are armed and forceful. Are they considered part of the armed forces?

“Geaux Tigers!”

Level 9

Down on the bayou

#6154 Mar 25, 2013
I'm sorry, that wasn't a fair question. In Sweden, the police are the armed forces. LoL.

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#6156 Mar 25, 2013
From Drudge Report today...

While the Department of Homeland Security continues to ignore members of Congress demanding to know why the federal agency is engaged in an apparent arms build-up, the DHS has just announced it plans to purchase another 360,000 rounds of hollow point ammunition to add to the roughly 2 billion bullets already bought over the past year.

The DHS has now purchased over 2 billion rounds of ammo.

A solicitation on the Federal Business Opportunities website details the DHS’ plan to purchase 360,000 rounds of “Commercial leaded training ammo (CLTA) Pistol .40 caliber 165 grain, jacketed hollow point.” The bullets are to be delivered to the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center in Artesia, New Mexico, the same destination for 240,000 hollow point rounds which were purchased only last month.

Location hidden

#6157 Mar 25, 2013
contd.

Although the DHS has attempted to explain its mammoth purchase of ammunition by claiming the bullets are being acquired in bulk to save money and that they are for training purposes only, this has been disputed by reputable voices such as former Marine Richard Mason, who told reporters with WHPTV News in Pennsylvania earlier this month,“We never trained with hollow points, we didn’t even see hollow points my entire four and a half years in the Marine Corps.”

Hollow point bullets are almost twice as expensive as full metal jackets, therefore the DHS’ explanation that it is buying huge quantities in bulk to “save money” doesn’t make sense.

Location hidden

#6158 Mar 25, 2013
Hollo point ammo is forbidden in times of war between beligerants under both the UN and Geneva Convention.

Location hidden

#6159 Mar 25, 2013
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles.”
&#8213; Jeff Cooper, Art of the Rifle

Location hidden

#6160 Mar 25, 2013
"I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials."
— George Mason, in Debates in Virginia Convention on Ratification of the Constitution, Elliot, Vol. 3, June 16, 1788

"Whereas civil-rulers, not having their duty to the people duly before them, may attempt to tyrannize, and as military forces, which must be occasionally raised to defend our country, might pervert their power to the injury of their fellow citizens, the people are confirmed by the article in their right to keep and bear their private arms."
( in Remarks on the First Part of the Amendments to the Federal Constitution )

"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed."
-- Alexander Hamilton, The Federalist Papers at 184-188

"The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to allow the subject races to possess arms. History shows that all conquerors who have allowed their subject races to carry arms have prepared their own downfall by so doing."
-- Adolph Hitler, Hitler's Secret Conversations 403 (Norman Cameron and R.H. Stevens trans., 1961)

Level 5

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#6161 Mar 25, 2013
65007noogard wrote:
You might want to look at the billions of rounds that Homeland Security has grabbed lately.
PA! PA! here comes dem black UN hellycopters!

Millions of dem!!!!

Level 5

Location hidden

#6162 Mar 25, 2013
StellarKnight wrote:
Hollo point ammo is forbidden in times of war between beligerants under both the UN and Geneva Convention.
You do know there are called 'police rounds'?

Level 5

Location hidden

#6163 Mar 25, 2013
StellarKnight wrote:
"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed."
-- Alexander Hamilton
Hamilton wanted to install a monarchy in the US to replace King George (the George in England).

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#6164 Mar 25, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>Ah, yes they do. Suburbs of Milwaukee are Waukesha, Hales Corners, Brown Deer, West Allis, Fox Point, etc. They all have their own addresses within their own cities. And your deflection of my orginal point is typical. I've already proved my point - you on the other hand never prove anything besides a propensity for inaneness.
So there are no Milwaukee addresses located outside of the Milwaukee city limits?

Location hidden

#6165 Mar 25, 2013
Force Majeure wrote:
<quoted text>Oh wait a minute Stripper! According to you, when people shoot another person or go on a shooting spree it means they are only individuals with mental disorders.
Please repost or quote a post number where I stated that.
You liberals insist on putting words in people's mouths. You can debate no other way.
Pathetic really.

Location hidden

#6166 Mar 25, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>It seems to me and everyone else here if you want to demand anyone post his/her address, you would put yours up first.

And you can't even come up with that money order you promised.

Everyone here knows EXACTLY the kind of puss you are: you flip us off, we point to the side of the road and get out of the car, and you, you pathetic mamma's boy, drive off.

Dr-Driveoff...
Project much?

Level 5

Location hidden

#6167 Mar 25, 2013
Dr-Sniper wrote:
You liberals insist on putting words in people's mouths.
Hard to fit anything in your mouth, Dr-Deflection, it's already full.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why do I awaken with morning wood? (May '10) 5 min -CatCiao- 47
Dave's bar and grill,is now open. (May '13) 7 min AmyFaith 5,301
For Dear FlowerChild (Dec '07) 9 min Flower-Child 23,967
Add a Word, Ruin a Movie (Oct '13) 10 min Mechanic 3,588
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 11 min Charles Idemi 122,039
Ebola in America 11 min Wolftracks 581
Woman Barges Into Restaurant To Berate Patrons ... 11 min dolhouse 37
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 13 min Princess Hey 6,930
True or False Game 16 min dragoon70056 577
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 17 min Sublime1 22,433