“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

#559 Jan 4, 2013
diver1wilson wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL I just seen a chance to give you sh!t lol. You seem to a good amount of grey matter between your ears, please humor me and tell me what lead to your overwhelming dislike of firearms?
I am genuinely curious as to how you came to your views on this issue, as I personally cannot see logic in your views on this gun control.
I cant find a reason to think your any less patriotic so far, than the average American is. So I am having trouble understanding what would lead you to start finding our basic right to bear arms appalling.
The average firearm owner is not the radical (sometimes mentally ill) individuals that have made the headlines for the despicable crimes on humanity. Those type of people see the firearm as a weapon in which to inflict or install what they see as justice or logical acts of violence.
Their are more deaths by accidental falls per year than their is from guns, dont believe me...
Where you live has a good deal to do with how you will die. In the United States, the top two causes of death are responsible for more than 50 percent of the annual death toll. In the world at large, there's a lot more variety in how you meet your Maker. Here is our list of the 15 most common causes of death in the United States:
Cause
Percent of Total
1. Diseases of the heart 28.5
2. Malignant tumors 22.8
3. Cerebrovascular diseases 6.7
4. Chronic lower respiratory diseases 5.1
5. Accidents (unintentional injuries) 4.4
6. Diabetes mellitus 3.0
7. Influenza and pneumonia 2.7
8. Alzheimer's disease 2.4
9. Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis 1.7
10. Septicemia (blood poisoning) 1.4
11. Suicide 1.3
12. Chronic liver disease and cirrhosis 1.1
13. Primary hypertension and hypertensive renal disease 0.8
14. Parkinson's disease (tied) 0.7
15. Homicide (tied) 0.7
Source: CDC/NHS, National Vital Statistics System
I did two tours in Nam. One combat, one non-combat. I served on two carriers (USS Oriskany, USS Roosevelt). I also served some time in Subic Bay and Oahu. I had a close friend of mine take his own life in Oahu in the barracks. In Olongapo, I served MP duty once a month. We would roll up on shootings all the time off the main drag. It wasn't pretty. I've seen what guns can do - and I'm still a firm believer that if you really know what you're doing with a gun, you don't need but one shot. Handguns were made for killing - people. Not bears, deer or elk. That being said - I'm all for preserving the 2nd Ammendment. The only way to appease both sides to to tax the sh*t out of firearms and ammunition. People will pay the premium just to say they have a gun. They will also take better care of their guns, ensuring theft goes down - ultimately reducing the guns making their way into crimal hands. The money raised from the hefty taxation could be used for a miriad of things from reducing the deficit to providing cops in our schools.

I own guns - I have my service .45 field-stripped and dipped in Cosmoline. I also own a .50 cal Desert Eagle (I inherited from my uncle)- for which I only have 3 rounds left (talk about your expensive reloads!!!). I do not carry either one and do not have either one near the ammunition (my ammo box is actually at my brother's house, 25 miles away). I don't live in fear, so I don't need a gun to feel I'm safe. 8 years in the service taught me to pay a little more attention to my surroundings and always have an out.

That being said, thank you for your service - but Navy rules.

:o)

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

#560 Jan 4, 2013
diver1wilson wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL I just seen a chance to give you sh!t lol. You seem to a good amount of grey matter between your ears, please humor me and tell me what lead to your overwhelming dislike of firearms?
I am genuinely curious as to how you came to your views on this issue, as I personally cannot see logic in your views on this gun control.
I cant find a reason to think your any less patriotic so far, than the average American is. So I am having trouble understanding what would lead you to start finding our basic right to bear arms appalling.
The average firearm owner is not the radical (sometimes mentally ill) individuals that have made the headlines for the despicable crimes on humanity. Those type of people see the firearm as a weapon in which to inflict or install what they see as justice or logical acts of violence.
Their are more deaths by accidental falls per year than their is from guns, dont believe me...
Where you live has a good deal to do with how you will die. In the United States, the top two causes of death are responsible for more than 50 percent of the annual death toll. In the world at large, there's a lot more variety in how you meet your Maker. Here is our list of the 15 most common causes of death in the United States:
Cause
Percent of Total
1. Diseases of the heart 28.5
2. Malignant tumors 22.8
3. Cerebrovascular diseases 6.7
4. Chronic lower respiratory diseases 5.1
5. Accidents (unintentional injuries) 4.4
6. Diabetes mellitus 3.0
7. Influenza and pneumonia 2.7
8. Alzheimer's disease 2.4
9. Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis 1.7
10. Septicemia (blood poisoning) 1.4
11. Suicide 1.3
12. Chronic liver disease and cirrhosis 1.1
13. Primary hypertension and hypertensive renal disease 0.8
14. Parkinson's disease (tied) 0.7
15. Homicide (tied) 0.7
Source: CDC/NHS, National Vital Statistics System
I posted a reply, but it mysteriously went away - if it doesn't show up I'll retype it on Monday. Right now the weekend beckons my name.

Have a good one soldier.
wtf

Kent, WA

#561 Jan 4, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>I did two tours in Nam. One combat, one non-combat. I served on two carriers (USS Oriskany, USS Roosevelt). I also served some time in Subic Bay and Oahu. I had a close friend of mine take his own life in Oahu in the barracks. In Olongapo, I served MP duty once a month. We would roll up on shootings all the time off the main drag. It wasn't pretty. I've seen what guns can do - and I'm still a firm believer that if you really know what you're doing with a gun, you don't need but one shot. Handguns were made for killing - people. Not bears, deer or elk. That being said - I'm all for preserving the 2nd Ammendment. The only way to appease both sides to to tax the sh*t out of firearms and ammunition. People will pay the premium just to say they have a gun. They will also take better care of their guns, ensuring theft goes down - ultimately reducing the guns making their way into crimal hands. The money raised from the hefty taxation could be used for a miriad of things from reducing the deficit to providing cops in our schools.

I own guns - I have my service .45 field-stripped and dipped in Cosmoline. I also own a .50 cal Desert Eagle (I inherited from my uncle)- for which I only have 3 rounds left (talk about your expensive reloads!!!). I do not carry either one and do not have either one near the ammunition (my ammo box is actually at my brother's house, 25 miles away). I don't live in fear, so I don't need a gun to feel I'm safe. 8 years in the service taught me to pay a little more attention to my surroundings and always have an out.

A naval combat tour?..you must have been a seal, if not I doubt you saw real combat. You should get off your high horse and not dictate how others can protect themselves. Not everyone is able to fight off an armed intruder with just their hands, especially women who may not be as physically strong as a large man. Not to mention ladies and kids are the most victimized people in society. If I was a woman I would rather shoot someone then get raped. There are many people who have no military training that know how to handle a weapon. Would you enter a combat zone with no weapon? Don't expect people in America to be unarmed in dangerous situations. In case you haven't noticed, criminals do exist and carry guns. Why should we have to
appease both sides? Screw the liberals who want to tax the crap out of everyone. A liberals answer is always to take more money. No one should have to pay extra to protect themselves. By the way, the army rules 101st.

“Please try and keep up.”

Level 1

Since: Jan 13

Houston

#562 Jan 4, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
I posted a reply, but it mysteriously went away - if it doesn't show up I'll retype it on Monday. Right now the weekend beckons my name.
Have a good one soldier.
I know of such horrible memories myself brother and it's I who thank you for your service. Without you and your brothers I would not have had the opportunity to serve my country in any form probably worth mentioning. Enjoy your weekend I'm about to do the same.

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#563 Jan 4, 2013
diver1wilson wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't even know where to begin analyzing such a disgusting brain you must have to think that their invasion was legal. Even if they were allowed into America legally it was under a planned false pretense therefor not legal and criminally punishable .
Respond and say what you will but as far as I;m concerned your kind of logic is pointless to talk with and will only expose more insane reasoning on people with weak minds whom may read your insanity.
You sir should have your brain examined!
A] visa: "United States Visas were issued to 6.6 million foreign nationals visiting the United States and to 470,000 immigrants"
which the highjackers had ...allowing them to live here legally......

A1] the first hijacker to arrive in the United States were Khalid al ... within the United States, that they obtained visas in ...
hijackers were never interviewed by U.S. consular officials before being granted visas to enter the United States

B] invade:To enter by force in order to conquer or pillage. To encroach or intrude on; violate:

C] these people are a member of al-Qaeda

D] al-Qaeda is a global militant Islamist organization founded by Osama bin Laden

I see neither a government/military armed forces/ nor recall an invasion ....

but thanks LIM

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Since: Jul 10

Rowlett Tx

#564 Jan 4, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
I did two tours in Nam. One combat, one non-combat. I served on two carriers (USS Oriskany, USS Roosevelt). I also served some time in Subic Bay and Oahu. I had a close friend of mine take his own life in Oahu in the barracks. In Olongapo, I served MP duty once a month. We would roll up on shootings all the time off the main drag. It wasn't pretty. I've seen what guns can do - and I'm still a firm believer that if you really know what you're doing with a gun, you don't need but one shot. Handguns were made for killing - people. Not bears, deer or elk. That being said - I'm all for preserving the 2nd Ammendment. The only way to appease both sides to to tax the sh*t out of firearms and ammunition. People will pay the premium just to say they have a gun. They will also take better care of their guns, ensuring theft goes down - ultimately reducing the guns making their way into crimal hands. The money raised from the hefty taxation could be used for a miriad of things from reducing the deficit to providing cops in our schools.
have you been in New Paulines? Remember the Alligator out front? Did you throw coins to the girls in sh&t river :) Remember the main street was for everyone but at the T the blacks went left and the whites went right :)

“*Merry Christmas*”

Level 8

Since: Nov 12

Greensburg, IN

#565 Jan 4, 2013
DUH!

“Live Each Day and Have Fun !”

Level 4

Where I am at .

#566 Jan 4, 2013
Funny , when some of those who have made idiot comments and they have their kids or grandkids, or just their sorry ass getting shot . And I have me gun not knowing who they are ;) or what they have said I just could save their buttocks !
what

Kent, WA

#567 Jan 4, 2013
oldsugar wrote:
Funny , when some of those who have made idiot comments and they have their kids or grandkids, or just their sorry ass getting shot . And I have me gun not knowing who they are ;) or what they have said I just could save their buttocks !
Huh?

“I call it as I see it.”

Level 8

Since: Jul 09

Retirement City

#568 Jan 4, 2013
Dr-Sniper wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell you what. I'll shoot my 22, you shoot an AR-15, I will prove you wrong.
I have hit targets three hundred yards away with a military assault rifle such as the AR15. I can almost guarantee that I couldn't do the same with a 22.

Level 4

Where I am at .

#569 Jan 4, 2013
Read it again and you just might figure it out . Other wise "Make my Day " !

Level 4

Where I am at .

#570 Jan 4, 2013
what is said when they are getting shot

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Level 7

Since: Jan 07

Dump American Eagle

#571 Jan 4, 2013
flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>I have hit targets three hundred yards away with a military assault rifle such as the AR15. I can almost guarantee that I couldn't do the same with a 22.
Practice LOTS.(hint: hold high)
hehe

Rancho Cordova, CA

#572 Jan 4, 2013
oldsugar wrote:
Read it again and you just might figure it out . Other wise "Make my Day " !
Time to put down the wild turkey

“I call it as I see it.”

Level 8

Since: Jul 09

Retirement City

#573 Jan 4, 2013
okimar wrote:
<quoted text>Practice LOTS.(hint: hold high)
Perhaps a little Kentucky windage?

“ASPIRE 2 INSPIRE B4 U EXPIRE”

Level 8

Since: Jul 08

USA

#574 Jan 4, 2013
Interesting statistics here, even though they are from the last decade.

http://rense.com/general76/univ.htm

“ASPIRE 2 INSPIRE B4 U EXPIRE”

Level 8

Since: Jul 08

USA

#575 Jan 4, 2013
Another good article on guns.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1994-06-19...

“Fishin" in the Moonlight”

Level 9

Since: Jul 11

.......¿.......

#576 Jan 4, 2013
Only Cowards have Guns? Really? Tell that to the Cab Driver that was Blown away on New Years Day in Detroit for doing his Job.
Maybe the out of town elderly couple that broke down on the freeway and then robbed, car jacked and the lady was raped in the back seat by a Punk that stopped too pretend to assist them. If the husband had of been armed would he have been a Coward because he blew the sick fcukre away? Not to be mean or crude but that coulda been your Grandmother.

I respect anyone's right to become a potential victim if that's what they choose, please don't expect the rest of us too.

“*Merry Christmas*”

Level 8

Greensburg, IN

#579 Jan 5, 2013
Logic or Lonny:

Guns are weapons of destruction.
When ever their used there's noise and damage
Guns have no perception of this, just people
People are weapons of destruction.
THEREFORE:
When people use guns against other people
Their gun should be used to 'dispose' of them
This would settle the matter permanently
If guns are "soooooo" bad, then aren't the people that use them to be =banished= also?
This would save the country millions and billions
of dollars-allow other criminal cases to be tried
expediently-lower prison expenses-kill 2 birds with
one stone/STP.
"Might make armed criminals think twice!!"

PS: They'd never be an asset to humanity anyhow!

“We're all Bozos on this bus”

Since: Jan 07

Indianapolis, IN

#580 Jan 5, 2013
Not a coward and definitely NEEDED her gun:

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/woman-hi...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 6 min Radical Miracle 25,629
Let's Play Song Titles With One Word? 6 min wichita-rick 205
HOW LONG can you hold YOUR SEMEN ? For men only. (Mar '12) 7 min Independent1 41
Name a smell you love to smell! (Jan '14) 29 min wichita-rick 601
Cops: Woman, 72, Slapped Over Facebook Refusal 38 min Pope Bennie s Closet 2
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 39 min Aura Mytha 132,394
3 Word Advice (Good or Bad) 45 min ShadyBits 236
Merry Christmas Topix, Thanks For,...? 2 hr mr goodwrench 125
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 6 hr Tom2Tone 152,438
More from around the web