#538 Jan 4, 2013
the 50 cal was never replaced .... and won't be as far as I can see

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

#539 Jan 4, 2013
obesity wrote:
I forget his name but that Japanese general during WWII was asked why they chose not to attack and send troops to the mainland. He said because the citizens are armed and we wouldn't stand a chance. So to all of you in other countries who say we should be embarrassed by our gun laws, I say you should be embarrassed by yours. It must feel really bad to know that you can't or don't want to be in control of your own lives and that you need a gov to control every aspect of your life. Is your gov going to protect you if you ever get invaded?? I think not.
LMFGDAO.

Ok...I'll play.

Britain has anit-gun laws. The last time they were successfully invaded was 1075 AD by the Normans.

Canada, like Britain, has anti-gun laws. They were last invaded in 1776.

The last time America was invaded by an FULL army being commanded and lead by a foreign government was 1864 with the Civil War, yes the Confederate States of America was a foreign country under international laws. And we all know how that turned out.

I fail to see your point.

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#541 Jan 4, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
The Marines still use the Beretta, at least that's what they say anyways...
http://www.marines.com/operating-forces/equip...
The M1911 was replaced by the M9 pistol as the standard U.S. sidearm in the early 1990s, but due to its popularity among users, it has not been completely phased out. Modern M1911 variants are still in use by some units within the US Army Special Forces, the U.S. Navy and U.S. Marine Corps.
I'm very familiar with the .45 - and to become proficient with it, the gun needs to be aimed straight up in the air to hit someone across the room. The falloff from 40 yards is a McDonald's arch.
http://www.military.com/daily- news/2012/07/20/marines-pick-c olt-for-new-pistol.html
It is my opinion that the Marines should dump the Beretta altogether, they have not officially done so yet. The contract for 4,000 Colt 1911's is a good start. For the intended useful range the pistol was designed for, the .45 performs very well. Outside that range, pick up a rifle!

Level 1

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#542 Jan 4, 2013
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
and ,
No and, Just pointing it out.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

#543 Jan 4, 2013
Naughtyrobot wrote:
<quoted text> http://www.military.com/daily-news/2012/07/20...
It is my opinion that the Marines should dump the Beretta altogether, they have not officially done so yet. The contract for 4,000 Colt 1911's is a good start. For the intended useful range the pistol was designed for, the .45 performs very well. Outside that range, pick up a rifle!
The Colt is outdated. It's just the other side of hand-to-hand combat, IMO. Like I said, I still have mine - it's a beast to handle, weighs almost twice as much as a Beretta. You have to modify the living sh*t out of a .45 just to get it's accuracy in line with today's standards. With the 5" (re: 5.03") barrel variant, you're just asking for trouble. The only thing that it has going for it is that it has less moving parts than the Beretta and it is rugged as hell. If it were me, a Glock 17 would suffice.

“Please try and keep up.”

Level 1

Houston

#544 Jan 4, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
LMFGDAO.
Ok...I'll play.
Britain has anit-gun laws. The last time they were successfully invaded was 1075 AD by the Normans.
The last time America was invaded by an FULL army being commanded and lead by a foreign government was 1864 with the Civil War, yes the Confederate States of America was a foreign country under international laws. And we all know how that turned out.
The American Civil War, also known as the War between the States, or simply the Civil War, was a civil war fought from 1861 to 1865 between the United States (the "Union" or the "North") and several Southern slave states that had declared their secession and formed the Confederate States of America (the "Confederacy" or the "South"). The war had its origin in the fractious issue of slavery, and, after four years of bloody combat (mostly in the South), the Confederacy was defeated, slavery was abolished, and the difficult Reconstruction process of restoring unity and guaranteeing rights to the freed slaves began.

Just wanted you to know that your dates were wrong as well as the "other country invading America theory"

Level 1

Houston

#545 Jan 4, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
LMFGDAO.
Ok...I'll play.
HOWEVER the correct answer to what you were responding to should have said something along the lines of....

Currently, people are illegally crossing the border and occupying space in the United States. They are enemies to our economy by using our resources and not paying into our system because they do not receive money from whatever employment that they receive in a legal manner.

On September 11, 2001, the United States was invaded and attacked by enemy forces from the extremist Muslim Group Al Queda by hijacking airplanes and using them as weapons of mass destruction and flying them into iconic buildings (namely the World Trade Center and the Pentagon). heroes thwarted the 4th hijacking attempt and drove the plane into the ground in a field in Pennsylvania.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

#546 Jan 4, 2013
diver1wilson wrote:
<quoted text>
HOWEVER the correct answer to what you were responding to should have said something along the lines of....
Currently, people are illegally crossing the border and occupying space in the United States. They are enemies to our economy by using our resources and not paying into our system because they do not receive money from whatever employment that they receive in a legal manner.
On September 11, 2001, the United States was invaded and attacked by enemy forces from the extremist Muslim Group Al Queda by hijacking airplanes and using them as weapons of mass destruction and flying them into iconic buildings (namely the World Trade Center and the Pentagon). heroes thwarted the 4th hijacking attempt and drove the plane into the ground in a field in Pennsylvania.
Or...we could even go back further than that if you're of American Indian descent. Or...go back to the turn or the last century and all of the immigrants (our forefathers) that were allowed amnesty (sp?). Or...my point was, hand guns and personal weapons don't thwart an invasion by an invading horde. I personally wouldn't be that naive an expect my Glock 17 to contribute to the defense of present-day a nuclear attack.

I think you get the point.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

#547 Jan 4, 2013
diver1wilson wrote:
<quoted text>
The American Civil War, also known as the War between the States, or simply the Civil War, was a civil war fought from 1861 to 1865 between the United States (the "Union" or the "North") and several Southern slave states that had declared their secession and formed the Confederate States of America (the "Confederacy" or the "South"). The war had its origin in the fractious issue of slavery, and, after four years of bloody combat (mostly in the South), the Confederacy was defeated, slavery was abolished, and the difficult Reconstruction process of restoring unity and guaranteeing rights to the freed slaves began.
Just wanted you to know that your dates were wrong as well as the "other country invading America theory"
I was close - I'm in no way a Civil War fanatic. 1864 was answer C. on the test.

The last time America was invaded by an FULL army being commanded and lead by a foreign government was the Civil War, yes the Confederate States of America was a foreign country under international laws.

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#548 Jan 4, 2013
Kios wrote:
<quoted text>
No and, Just pointing it out.
ok when do ever get to a point

“A *wink* and a smile!!”

Level 8

Since: Apr 10

USA

#549 Jan 4, 2013
I own guns have some registered in my name but I still think there should be stricker laws and registrations...

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#550 Jan 4, 2013
diver1wilson wrote:
<quoted text>
the correct answer is the hijackers were allowed in the USA legally , lived/worked here did not invade
Victim Mentality

Rochester, NY

#551 Jan 4, 2013
If we all gave up our guns, would the criminals give theirs up too? That's not what happened in Britain.
Rip tide

Rochester, NY

#552 Jan 4, 2013
Typical lib bologne.

“From Dusk To Dawn,...”

Level 8

Since: Mar 12

Cruising U.S.A.

#553 Jan 4, 2013
All I need is a pair of pliers and a blow torch,...

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

#554 Jan 4, 2013
cjt12 wrote:
All I need is a pair of pliers and a blow torch,...
LMFGDAO!!!

McGyver?

“From Dusk To Dawn,...”

Level 8

Since: Mar 12

Cruising U.S.A.

#555 Jan 4, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
LMFGDAO!!!
McGyver?
Pulp Fiction,...Marcellus Wallace.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

#556 Jan 4, 2013
cjt12 wrote:
<quoted text>Pulp Fiction,...Marcellus Wallace.
Lol...my mistake.

Level 1

Houston

#557 Jan 4, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
I was close - I'm in no way a Civil War fanatic. 1864 was answer C. on the test.
The last time America was invaded by an FULL army being commanded and lead by a foreign government was the Civil War, yes the Confederate States of America was a foreign country under international laws.
LOL I just seen a chance to give you sh!t lol. You seem to a good amount of grey matter between your ears, please humor me and tell me what lead to your overwhelming dislike of firearms?

I am genuinely curious as to how you came to your views on this issue, as I personally cannot see logic in your views on this gun control.

I cant find a reason to think your any less patriotic so far, than the average American is. So I am having trouble understanding what would lead you to start finding our basic right to bear arms appalling.

The average firearm owner is not the radical (sometimes mentally ill) individuals that have made the headlines for the despicable crimes on humanity. Those type of people see the firearm as a weapon in which to inflict or install what they see as justice or logical acts of violence.

Their are more deaths by accidental falls per year than their is from guns, dont believe me...

Where you live has a good deal to do with how you will die. In the United States, the top two causes of death are responsible for more than 50 percent of the annual death toll. In the world at large, there's a lot more variety in how you meet your Maker. Here is our list of the 15 most common causes of death in the United States:

Cause

Percent of Total
1. Diseases of the heart 28.5
2. Malignant tumors 22.8
3. Cerebrovascular diseases 6.7
4. Chronic lower respiratory diseases 5.1
5. Accidents (unintentional injuries) 4.4
6. Diabetes mellitus 3.0
7. Influenza and pneumonia 2.7
8. Alzheimer's disease 2.4
9. Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis 1.7
10. Septicemia (blood poisoning) 1.4
11. Suicide 1.3
12. Chronic liver disease and cirrhosis 1.1
13. Primary hypertension and hypertensive renal disease 0.8
14. Parkinson's disease (tied) 0.7
15. Homicide (tied) 0.7

Source: CDC/NHS, National Vital Statistics System

Level 1

Houston

#558 Jan 4, 2013
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
the correct answer is the hijackers were allowed in the USA legally , lived/worked here did not invade
I don't even know where to begin analyzing such a disgusting brain you must have to think that their invasion was legal. Even if they were allowed into America legally it was under a planned false pretense therefor not legal and criminally punishable .

Respond and say what you will but as far as I;m concerned your kind of logic is pointless to talk with and will only expose more insane reasoning on people with weak minds whom may read your insanity.

You sir should have your brain examined!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What was your 'Favorite Dish'? 6 min Crazy Jae 3
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 9 min Crazy Jae 6,632
***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Jan '10) 10 min Crazy Jae 77,478
Funny!! Word association game. (Nov '13) 12 min Crazy Jae 2,027
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 14 min Crazy Jae 6,767
Life is incomplete without ..... (what?) (Feb '14) 15 min Crazy Jae 594
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 31 min DanFromSmithville 127,937
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 2 hr wichita-rick 151,170
California Burger King employee finds $100,000 3 hr wichita-rick 2
Passengers Push Russian Airplane Stuck In Ice 3 hr wichita-rick 14