Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#5702 Mar 20, 2013
brian wrote:
I agree that a lot of cowards carry guns, but at the same time I am an avid hunter. I know people who have been shot and killed, and I know people who had to protect their belongings. its a touchy subject.
overall however I don't believe in gun control, that just makes it harder for the honest man to get a gun. the people who register their guns typically don't shoot anyone. the gun owners who have shot someone over an argument or whatever usually haven't registered the guns. and I'm going to guess that hit men don't register their guns either. this would help control guns getting into the hands of the wrong people, also the government could charge a fee for the evaluation and possibly make a dent in this debt we are in as a nation.
personally I think this whole gun control issue is just a diversion so that we don't pay attention to something else.
until the government can stop the selling of guns between individuals (without a background check) the problem will never be solved.
now another argument: a gun has never killed anyone, it was the gun's operator. this whole thing is like saying "outlaw cars, they kill people".
may be the best way to fix this problem is to give regular mental evaluations to gun owners (?a drug test too?) if they fail they can't own a gun. if they past they could issue a gun buyers card or something like that, to show sellers of guns that the person is safe to sell guns to.
so u think fixing the problem is to give mental evaluations, drug tests? and just How are u gonna do that with the unregistered gun owners? im sure they'll all line up for this. lol

and IMO.. the argument of guns never killing anyone is a silly one since guns were made for killing.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

#5703 Mar 20, 2013
Big Time wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you're working hard there Dr_Google - sweating much and posting on a public forum?
Correction - your links don't work,.
follow along lil bitch, law passed 1982 no murders in 25 years, bitch
I don't mind doing all the work for you, but maybe next time use something other than a video game platform to pull up internet links.

Kennesaw Man Convicted of Murder Could Be Released
Tuesday, John McNeil's years-long legal fight could come to an end.

February 8, 2013
John McNeil is serving life in prison for aggravated assault and felony murder in the 2005 shooting death of Brian Epp. John McNeil was sentenced to life in prison for fatally shooting a man at his Kennesaw home in 2005, supporters spent years fighting for his freedom.

Tuesday, that years-long legal fight could come to an end, according to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

McNeil, whose wife died of breast cancer on Saturday, is scheduled to go before a Cobb County Superior Court judge and plead to a lesser crime of manslaughter, a move that could allow him to leave state prison as early as next week.

McNeil is serving life in prison for aggravated assault and felony murder in the Dec. 6, 2005, shooting death of Brian Epp, the builder of his Kennesaw home.

According to court documents, McNeil’s teenage son called to say that there was a strange man in the backyard of the family's home who had pulled a knife on him. McNeil rushed home. While en route, he called 911 to tell authorities all that had happened, court records indicate. Despite pleas from the operator to remain in his vehicle, McNeil got out of his car with a gun. An argument with Epp ensued. McNeil fired a warning shot into the ground. Epp moved toward McNeil in the driveway. McNeil shot and killed him.

McNeil's supporters, including his late wife and the NAACP, said he acted in self-defense. Police said the same thing initially and cleared McNeil of any charges. But nine months later, prosecutors charged him with murder, and a Cobb County jury convicted him and sentenced him to life in prison in 2006.

The case sparked debate about Georgia's version of the so-called stand your ground law, the defense being used in Florida in the February 2012 shooting death of unarmed teenager Trayvon Martin.

Even as she fought breast cancer, Anita McNeil maintained that her hubsand was only guilty of trying to protect his family and worked to secure his release.

As recently as October, she joined the NAACP for a news conference shortly after Georgia Attorney General Sam Olens appealed a judge's ruling that John McNeil should have been released because of multiple errors at trial.

That appeal sent the case back to the Georgia Supreme Court, where the case is pending. The state's highest court in 2008 upheld McNeil's conviction.

Level 8

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#5704 Mar 20, 2013
If you cant win an argument with reason or debate have your opponent silenced.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

#5705 Mar 20, 2013
Big Time wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you're working hard there Dr_Google - sweating much and posting on a public forum?
January 12, 2010

KENNESAW, Ga.—A disgruntled ex-employee stormed a truck rental business in camouflage and opened fire with a handgun, killing two people and critically wounding three others at his former workplace, police said.

The lone gunman fled the scene in a pickup truck and was arrested after police stopped him about a mile from the Penske Truck Rental facility, said Cobb County Police Officer Joe Hernandez. The names of the suspect and victims were not immediately released.

"He wasn't here for very long and it wasn't long before he was taken into custody," Hernandez said.

There were conflicting reports about who the victims were. Penske spokesman Randy Ryerson said four victims were employees and the other was a customer, but police said none of the victims were customers. Hernandez said all of those shot were males.

About two dozen employees were working at the office, which sits about 25 miles northwest of Atlanta and consists of a couple of large buildings with bay doors, Ryerson said.

One of the victims died at the scene and another was pronounced dead at WellStar Kennestone Hospital, said Hernandez. The three surviving victims are in critical condition, said hospital spokesman Keith Bowermaster.

The suspect worked at Penske for several years, but it was unclear when and why he left.

The gunman first confronted someone in the parking lot before moving to the truck bay area, shooting victims along the way, said Hernandez. He did not try to enter the building's second floor, which houses a small administration office.

A man who witnessed the arrest said the suspect looked "out of his mind" and "all drugged up."

"The cops walked up on both sides of the truck, he opened the door and they threw him on the ground. He pretty much just gave up," Michael Robertson told The Associated Press.

Penske said it was a very traumatic day.

"We want to extend our deepest concerns and sympathies for the victims of today's shootings," Ryerson said.

It is the second workplace shooting this month. Timothy Hendron, an employee at ABB Inc. electrical plant in St. Louis, is accused of shooting hundreds of rounds of ammunition through the sprawling plant as about 50 workers sought refuge. Authorities say he killed three men and injured five others before killing himself.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

#5706 Mar 20, 2013
Big Time wrote:
<quoted text>
According to City-data.com . Kennesaw has had 4 murders since 1999.
Carefree

Ludington, MI

#5707 Mar 20, 2013
tallyho wrote:
NOPE
Got it!
Our staff reviews every item of feedback we receive, normally within 3 business days. Submitting multiple reports for the same post will not result in feedback being processed more quickly.
Due to the volume of requests we process daily, you may only hear back from us if we need further information on your particular issue.
Thanks for your feedback!
-- The Topix Team
Topix has Job listings for your town!
Find Local Singles in your town!
Find us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Install the Topix Community Toolbar
Copyright © 2013 Topix All rights reserved. PO Box 50654, Palo Alto, CA 94303
your point pops?

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#5708 Mar 20, 2013
Got it!
Our staff reviews every item of feedback we receive, normally within 3 business days. Submitting multiple reports for the same post will not result in feedback being processed more quickly.

Due to the volume of requests we process daily, you may only hear back from us if we need further information on your particular issue.

-- The Topix Team

Find us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Level 8

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#5709 Mar 20, 2013
Cowards don't use guns. They use intimidation or manipulation.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#5710 Mar 20, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>UPDATE:KENNESAW, Ga.-- A man was charged with killing his estranged wife and her boyfriend in Kennesaw on Saturday night.

KENNESAW, Ga.- A man was charged in a double murder in Kennesaw on Saturday night.

A neighbor, who requested anonymity, said he was watching television at about 4 a.m. when he heard at least 15 shots fired at a house on Bexley Place in Kennesaw.

Police said they found a 32-year-old man and a 27-year-old woman shot to death. The neighbor said one victim was found in the home, the other in the grass by his neighbor's front door.

Investigators said there were obvious signs that someone broke into the house. Then they started following up on leads.

"Information started developing quickly from officers at the scene, and they were able to get a lookout for an individual they may have been looking for,” Cobb County police spokesman Joe Hernandez said.

After a nearly 17-hour search, police said they caught the shooting suspect not far from the home.

Kennesaw resident Michael Ntiamoah was arrested in connection with the murder. He faces two counts of murder, two counts of aggravated assault and burglary.

"The deceased did know the suspect. I don't know specific relations yet. That will probably come out once we notify next of kin of the death," Hernandez said.

Wrongo there twit...
That was not within the city/town limits of Kennesaw. If it were, the statements would have been from the Kennesaw PD rather than the Cobb County Police.
The Kennesaw gun law is not a county law. You do realize people can have a Kennesaw address but not actually live within the city limits, right? Or did you realize that from the beginning, and try to slip it past everyone anyway?

“*Merry Christmas*”

Level 8

Since: Nov 12

Greensburg, IN

#5711 Mar 20, 2013
That's why they need shot!

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

#5712 Mar 20, 2013
Dr-Sniper wrote:
<quoted text>
That was not within the city/town limits of Kennesaw. If it were, the statements would have been from the Kennesaw PD rather than the Cobb County Police.
The Kennesaw gun law is not a county law. You do realize people can have a Kennesaw address but not actually live within the city limits, right? Or did you realize that from the beginning, and try to slip it past everyone anyway?
"A neighbor, who requested anonymity, said he was watching television at about 4 a.m. when he heard at least 15 shots fired at a house on Bexley Place in Kennesaw."

Bexley Place is in Kennesaw.

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1327-Bexley...
Carefree

Ludington, MI

#5713 Mar 20, 2013
tallyho wrote:
Got it!
-- The Topix Team
Find us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
how original
Carefree

Ludington, MI

#5714 Mar 20, 2013
MissStress wrote:
Cowards don't use guns. They use intimidation or manipulation.
just like tally

Location hidden

#5715 Mar 20, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>According to City-data.com . Kennesaw has had 4 murders since 1999.
Again, not necessarily within the city limits. The Kennesaw gun law is a city law.
Even if these murders were in the city limits, there are 33,000+ people living in Kennesaw. Not even 1 murder per year average out of over 30,000 people presently. You list 4 murders. That is since 1982. Lets compare that to Chicago. Hell, let's compare that to Atlanta, 25 miles away.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

#5716 Mar 20, 2013
Dr-Sniper wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, not necessarily within the city limits. The Kennesaw gun law is a city law.
Even if these murders were in the city limits, there are 33,000+ people living in Kennesaw. Not even 1 murder per year average out of over 30,000 people presently. You list 4 murders. That is since 1982. Lets compare that to Chicago. Hell, let's compare that to Atlanta, 25 miles away.
That is not what Bigass Time posted. He said, and I quote - "No murders in 25 years." That statement is in error.

Kennesaw has a population of only 31,000 people. I would hope they wouldn't have a murder problem like Chicago.
Force Majeure

Sweden

#5718 Mar 20, 2013
Dr-Stripper wrote:
<quoted text>
Btw, there is less than one acre in one city block.
You are seriously lacking in what is called "knowledge". A city block is simply the area within 4 corners. There is no "measurement".

Take your lap dance to the next table, Stripper. Your feet stink.
MissStress wrote:
Cowards don't use guns. They use intimidation ....
That's what a gun is.
REDBUTT HERPIES wrote:
The fight has officially been brought to my front door
Was there much "fight" on that shrimp boat of yours? You being only a swab must have put you on the lowest end of the totum pole. Were you bullied much? So tell us what you did when the fight was "officially been brought to your front door". This is fascinating!
Carchar king wrote:
The military also needs guns
Only in Hillbrow and the townships.

Since: Jan 07

Location Shown

#5719 Mar 20, 2013
LOOK BOY---law passed in 1982, no murders in 25 years, as of 2007 no murders ,, Got it BOY,

or what

\
\
\

\

milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't mind doing all the work for you, but maybe next time use something other than a video game platform to pull up internet links.
Kennesaw Man Convicted of Murder Could Be Released
Tuesday, John McNeil's years-long legal fight could come to an end.
February 8, 2013
John McNeil is serving life in prison for aggravated assault and felony murder in the 2005 shooting death of Brian Epp. John McNeil was sentenced to life in prison for fatally shooting a man at his Kennesaw home in 2005, supporters spent years fighting for his freedom.
Tuesday, that years-long legal fight could come to an end, according to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
McNeil, whose wife died of breast cancer on Saturday, is scheduled to go before a Cobb County Superior Court judge and plead to a lesser crime of manslaughter, a move that could allow him to leave state prison as early as next week.
McNeil is serving life in prison for aggravated assault and felony murder in the Dec. 6, 2005, shooting death of Brian Epp, the builder of his Kennesaw home.
According to court documents, McNeil’s teenage son called to say that there was a strange man in the backyard of the family's home who had pulled a knife on him. McNeil rushed home. While en route, he called 911 to tell authorities all that had happened, court records indicate. Despite pleas from the operator to remain in his vehicle, McNeil got out of his car with a gun. An argument with Epp ensued. McNeil fired a warning shot into the ground. Epp moved toward McNeil in the driveway. McNeil shot and killed him.
McNeil's supporters, including his late wife and the NAACP, said he acted in self-defense. Police said the same thing initially and cleared McNeil of any charges. But nine months later, prosecutors charged him with murder, and a Cobb County jury convicted him and sentenced him to life in prison in 2006.
The case sparked debate about Georgia's version of the so-called stand your ground law, the defense being used in Florida in the February 2012 shooting death of unarmed teenager Trayvon Martin.
Even as she fought breast cancer, Anita McNeil maintained that her hubsand was only guilty of trying to protect his family and worked to secure his release.
As recently as October, she joined the NAACP for a news conference shortly after Georgia Attorney General Sam Olens appealed a judge's ruling that John McNeil should have been released because of multiple errors at trial.
That appeal sent the case back to the Georgia Supreme Court, where the case is pending. The state's highest court in 2008 upheld McNeil's conviction.

Since: Jan 07

Location Shown

#5720 Mar 20, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
I got your bitch, sweetie pie - right here.
Next time check the date on your citations - you can't possibly be that stupid, can you?

Another boy thinks I am another poster,

lil boy , law passed in 1982, so twist it all you want BOY,

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

#5721 Mar 20, 2013
Big Time wrote:
LOOK BOY---law passed in 1982, no murders in 25 years, as of 2007 no murders ,, Got it BOY,
or what
\
\
\
\
<quoted text>
LMFGDAO...I got your boy - right on the end of a size 10-1/2 Boondocker.

I proved you were wrong - put up or shut up...boy.

Location hidden

#5722 Mar 20, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>"A neighbor, who requested anonymity, said he was watching television at about 4 a.m. when he heard at least 15 shots fired at a house on Bexley Place in Kennesaw."

Bexley Place is in Kennesaw.

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1327-Bexley...
Lmao! Again, are you not aware that a Kennesaw address can be assigned to a residence located outside of the city limits?
Kennesaw PD responds to calls within the city limits. Cobb County responds to those outside the city limits.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
4 Word Game (Use Same Letter) 13 min Hoosier Hillbilly 238
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 13 min Dogen 132,705
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 18 min Hoosier Hillbilly 30,314
Add a word and drop a word (Jan '14) 23 min Analog man 1,968
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 28 min Princess Hey 6,873
+=Keep 1 Drop 1=+ 3 STACK (Mar '13) 31 min Hoosier Hillbilly 7,401
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 37 min nothingbutexisting 55,273
Let's Play Song Titles With One Word? 45 min Princess Hey 334
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 3 hr wichita-rick 152,513
Is it possible to....... 6 hr CJ Rocker 578
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 7 hr Sarah 25,711
More from around the web