|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

milwaukee69 wrote:
Here, I'll help you...
http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in...
Although the report does not include "sticks and stones." I wouldn't necessarily consider a stick a blunt object. Also shotguns do sometimes have "rifled" barrels. So if you must include sticks and stones, I'll include shotguns.
No shot guns don't .but shot gun slugs do.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

hillbilly wrote:
<quoted text>No shot guns don't .but shot gun slugs do.
They do if they have "rifled" barrels.

“"Always Thinking"”

Level 8

Since: Nov 12

Greensburg, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Kios wrote:
<quoted text>
What does a military cemetery have to do with what we are talking about?
exactly what does the gun laws in our country have to do with you..... and do you know our 2nd amend is a copy of one of the articles have to do ..........

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Hoosier Hillbilly wrote:
I know shotguns.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slug_barrel

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

hillbilly wrote:
<quoted text>No shot guns don't .but shot gun slugs do.
the second states arms , period not FIREARMS

The Second Amendment (Amendment II) to the United States Constitution is the part of the United States Bill of Rights that protects the right of the people to keep and bear arms. It was adopted on December 15, 1791, along with the rest of the Bill of Rights.
Fold Art

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

England had to beg for firearms during WW2, since they had started gun control measures that had stripped their citizens of arms. Many American civilians donated their personal firearms to their British cousins so they could defend themselves from the Nazi threat. Think that genocide and war can't happen here and now? Neither did Europe. The middle east and africa have it going on now. Oh yeah, Serbia Hurts a govenia too, that was pretty recent.

“ASPIRE 2 INSPIRE B4 U EXPIRE”

Level 8

Since: Jul 08

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Very good blog. Expresses things very clearly.

http://dcclothesline.wordpress.com/2013/01/03...

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Fold Art wrote:
England had to beg for firearms during WW2, since they had started gun control measures that had stripped their citizens of arms. Many American civilians donated their personal firearms to their British cousins so they could defend themselves from the Nazi threat. Think that genocide and war can't happen here and now? Neither did Europe. The middle east and africa have it going on now. Oh yeah, Serbia Hurts a govenia too, that was pretty recent.
Comparing warefare tactics from 70 years ago to current tactics is a bit of a stretch. Intercontinental ballistic missiles did not exist, most aircraft were still propeller driven and the guns that we did send to Britain did little to defend them from V-1 rocket attacks - in which only the strength and will of the British people resulted in victory - not our guns. It would be remarkable to think any type of genocide could happen in today's environment, what with anti-terrorism techniques and programs. The Middle East and many parts of Africa are vunerable to these types of attacks. Most freedom fighters in Afghanastan still ride horseback.

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Since: Jul 10

Rowlett Tx

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
Comparing warefare tactics from 70 years ago to current tactics is a bit of a stretch. Intercontinental ballistic missiles did not exist, most aircraft were still propeller driven and the guns that we did send to Britain did little to defend them from V-1 rocket attacks - in which only the strength and will of the British people resulted in victory - not our guns. It would be remarkable to think any type of genocide could happen in today's environment, what with anti-terrorism techniques and programs. The Middle East and many parts of Africa are vunerable to these types of attacks. Most freedom fighters in Afghanastan still ride horseback.
Only the dead have seen the end of war
Fold Art

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
The Browning designed model 1911 pistol, designed over 100 years ago, is still one of the most effective and reliable firearms to this day. The U.S. Marines just ditched the newer Beretta M9 in favor of the 1911. So, I guess a few years have not rendered firearms ineffective. Germany had plans for a cross channel attack, to invade Britain. You can't hold territory with planes and bombing/rockets. You have to have boots on the ground, with guns. An armed populace is a real deterent to tyranny, foreign or domestic.
Also, it wouldn't really take much to see this country to slide into anarchy and chaos. Stone age regression. The corruption from within, coupled with barbarians from without, Roman Empire style.

Level 1

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
exactly what does the gun laws in our country have to do with you..... and do you know our 2nd amend is a copy of one of the articles have to do ..........
I'm entirely familiar with your 222 year old out dated bit of stupidity know as the second amendment, which you like to cling to like a scared child clinging to their security blanket.

I'm at liberty to have an opinion on anything i so wish in this world.

Stop avoiding my questions.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Fold Art wrote:
<quoted text>The Browning designed model 1911 pistol, designed over 100 years ago, is still one of the most effective and reliable firearms to this day. The U.S. Marines just ditched the newer Beretta M9 in favor of the 1911. So, I guess a few years have not rendered firearms ineffective. Germany had plans for a cross channel attack, to invade Britain. You can't hold territory with planes and bombing/rockets. You have to have boots on the ground, with guns. An armed populace is a real deterent to tyranny, foreign or domestic.
Also, it wouldn't really take much to see this country to slide into anarchy and chaos. Stone age regression. The corruption from within, coupled with barbarians from without, Roman Empire style.
"Germany had plans for a cross channel attack, to invade Britain."

Had plans and actually doing it is the stuff of "smoking guns." UFO's, search for Bigfoot and life with no taxes are also up there with "had plans."

Actually the economy hasn't been this good in years - the only anarchy that exists in this country are in the minds of the paraniod doomsday preppers.

Are you related to The Man from Atlantis?

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Fold Art wrote:
<quoted text>The Browning designed model 1911 pistol, designed over 100 years ago, is still one of the most effective and reliable firearms to this day. The U.S. Marines just ditched the newer Beretta M9 in favor of the 1911.
The Marines still use the Beretta, at least that's what they say anyways...

http://www.marines.com/operating-forces/equip...

The M1911 was replaced by the M9 pistol as the standard U.S. sidearm in the early 1990s, but due to its popularity among users, it has not been completely phased out. Modern M1911 variants are still in use by some units within the US Army Special Forces, the U.S. Navy and U.S. Marine Corps.

I'm very familiar with the .45 - and to become proficient with it, the gun needs to be aimed straight up in the air to hit someone across the room. The falloff from 40 yards is a McDonald's arch.

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Kios wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm entirely familiar with your 222 year old out dated bit of stupidity know as the second amendment, which you like to cling to like a scared child clinging to their security blanket.
I'm at liberty to have an opinion on anything i so wish in this world.
Stop avoiding my questions.
yep lim ... say hey to your queenie , how is rosa

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
The Marines still use the Beretta, at least that's what they say anyways...
http://www.marines.com/operating-forces/equip...
The M1911 was replaced by the M9 pistol as the standard U.S. sidearm in the early 1990s, but due to its popularity among users, it has not been completely phased out. Modern M1911 variants are still in use by some units within the US Army Special Forces, the U.S. Navy and U.S. Marine Corps.
I'm very familiar with the .45 - and to become proficient with it, the gun needs to be aimed straight up in the air to hit someone across the room. The falloff from 40 yards is a McDonald's arch.
the Colt 45 and the Garand M1 is still in service , just like the Saber and K-Bar [ceremonial] along with other weapons issued to the USMC

Level 1

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
yep lim ... say hey to your queenie , how is rosa
You're just chatting breeze now aren't you. No substance just babble.

The sign of a man who's run out of tangible points.
obesity

Rancho Cordova, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

I forget his name but that Japanese general during WWII was asked why they chose not to attack and send troops to the mainland. He said because the citizens are armed and we wouldn't stand a chance. So to all of you in other countries who say we should be embarrassed by our gun laws, I say you should be embarrassed by yours. It must feel really bad to know that you can't or don't want to be in control of your own lives and that you need a gov to control every aspect of your life. Is your gov going to protect you if you ever get invaded?? I think not.

“Grab all the good”

Level 5

Since: Jul 10

Rowlett Tx

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Fold Art wrote:
<quoted text>The Browning designed model 1911 pistol, designed over 100 years ago, is still one of the most effective and reliable firearms to this day. The U.S. Marines just ditched the newer Beretta M9 in favor of the 1911. So, I guess a few years have not rendered firearms ineffective. Germany had plans for a cross channel attack, to invade Britain. You can't hold territory with planes and bombing/rockets. You have to have boots on the ground, with guns. An armed populace is a real deterent to tyranny, foreign or domestic.
Along with the great M2 .50 cal machine gun still in use

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Kios wrote:
<quoted text>
You're just chatting breeze now aren't you. No substance just babble.
The sign of a man who's run out of tangible points.
and ,

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••