“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#5449 Mar 18, 2013
ICONS, I don't need no stinking Icons

pssssssssssssst get your own words I've been saying that about you for two years

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#5450 Mar 18, 2013
here is a place for ya..........

Ever notice the same people that get layers of great icons -
Posted in the Offbeat Forum

oooooooooooooooooops you have been there already

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#5451 Mar 18, 2013
eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>Weird thing this time is the shortage of .22LR. Last shortage in ’08 .22 was readily available.
Agreed. I have thought about that. There are several possible reasons for it. The common denominator among them being, people are taking the latest gun control push very seriously.
One thing that came to mind is the fact AR style 22s have become so much more popular. While not the ideal defense weapon or round, it will still do the job with the right shot placement.
Another possibility is simply that they want to save their .223, 7.62x39,.308... but still want to shoot somewhat cost efficiently, to stay in practice.
Also, 22LR is ideal for acquiring table fare such as squirrel, rabbit, or other somewhat small animals, without creating a lot of noise.
It may be a combination of all of the above.
Regardless of the reason, I think it is an indication of how serious gun owners are at this moment in time.

Location hidden

#5452 Mar 18, 2013
eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>Barefool is never wrong. Just ask him.

I have a case of .22LR on backorder. I have no expectation of it arriving anytime soon. I should have ordered two cases, can no longer place a backorder.
I have a few thousand rounds of 22LR. I even purchased about 250 rounds of 22Long for use in my Savage Rascal. It fits in a back pack perfectly, and is ideal for acquiring small game in a survival situation.

I've noticed you are not a WalMart fan, but they get small shipments in a couple of times a week. You just have to be there first thing in the morning to get the 3 boxes they allow per customer. It never makes it to the shelves. People always manage to wipe it out before it leaves the counter.

Location hidden

#5453 Mar 18, 2013
eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>It has come down a bit. When I got my first 500 the ammo was about $3 per round. I’m now able to get it for about $2 a round.

I really enjoy the Hornaday 500 grain, a lot more happiness than the typical 350 grain S&W 500.
Hornaday is what I shoot as well. But I stick to the 300gr to 350gr rounds. I guess I would carry the 500gr rounds if I were going to Alaska and didn't want to become bear chow. But then again, the bear might do less damage to my wrists and elbows.

I bought some at BPS about a month ago. It was $3.30 per round plus tax. I would be all over $2 a round.

Location hidden

#5454 Mar 18, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>You ass-ume so much but know so little. It's not the military I'm talking about, asshat - it's a police department. And you never did tell the masses what your opinion of a "high-ranking" police official was. In your "mind" there is only one, a chief?

Good deflection - and a nice size red herring.

No thanks, I'll stick with my definition - anything corporal and about is high-ranking.
I used the military as an example because it is the basis for rank in the police force.
Show where I said the chief was the only high ranking police officer. I stated that I considered any rank above Sergeant to be high ranking. In fact, I stated that a few times. Yet you put these words in my mouth.
I'm sure you do want to stick to your statement that Corporal and above are high ranking. It's the only way your statement could be backed.
Win the debate at all costs, including making shit up, or widening the acceptable parameters. Lmao!

Location hidden

#5456 Mar 18, 2013
SLACK wrote:
<quoted text>I'll stick with my 357
Don't get me wrong. I love my 357 Magnums. In fact that's what I carry daily most of the time. For Grizzly however, I want something bigger. Not that it will not do the job with the right shot placement. It's just that if 800 pounds of red ass is headed my way, shot placement may suffer.:)

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#5457 Mar 18, 2013
Dr-Sniper wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed. I have thought about that. There are several possible reasons for it. The common denominator among them being, people are taking the latest gun control push very seriously.
One thing that came to mind is the fact AR style 22s have become so much more popular. While not the ideal defense weapon or round, it will still do the job with the right shot placement.
Another possibility is simply that they want to save their .223, 7.62x39,.308... but still want to shoot somewhat cost efficiently, to stay in practice.
Also, 22LR is ideal for acquiring table fare such as squirrel, rabbit, or other somewhat small animals, without creating a lot of noise.
It may be a combination of all of the above.
Regardless of the reason, I think it is an indication of how serious gun owners are at this moment in time.
I love my .22 target rifle and pistol. Cheap shooting :) A .22 will kill but it won't stop an attack :(
Force Majeure

Stockholm, Sweden

#5458 Mar 18, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>A .22 will kill but it won't stop an attack :(
So you're saying that a 22 is useless in the U.S?

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

#5460 Mar 18, 2013
Dr-Sniper wrote:
<quoted text>
I used the military as an example because it is the basis for rank in the police force.
Show where I said the chief was the only high ranking police officer. I stated that I considered any rank above Sergeant to be high ranking. In fact, I stated that a few times. Yet you put these words in my mouth.
I'm sure you do want to stick to your statement that Corporal and above are high ranking. It's the only way your statement could be backed.
Win the debate at all costs, including making shit up, or widening the acceptable parameters. Lmao!
I guess all the rumors were true about you - you don't know how to answer a question or back up your drivel.

Location hidden

#5461 Mar 18, 2013
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>I love my .22 target rifle and pistol. Cheap shooting :) A .22 will kill but it won't stop an attack :(
Which target rifle do you utilize?

Location hidden

#5462 Mar 18, 2013
Force Majeure wrote:
<quoted text>So you're saying that a 22 is useless in the U.S?
Typical reply from a liberal. Even after target shooting, and small game acquisition have been covered, you post this.
You are a waste of good oxygen, space, and conversation.

Location hidden

#5463 Mar 18, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>I guess all the rumors were true about you - you don't know how to answer a question or back up your drivel.
That's the best you've got? Deflect much?

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

#5464 Mar 18, 2013
Dr-Sniper wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the best you've got? Deflect much?
RRRRRRRRRRRRROTFLMFGDAO!!!

Deflect much?

Bwahahahahahahahaha!!!

Still trying to find out what a "high-ranking police officer" is?

Keep trying...

LMAO...

Level 5

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#5466 Mar 18, 2013
Dr-Sniper wrote:
<
Why would I stomp my feet? I knew this was coming. I have plenty of guns and plenty of ammo.
Gosh: I'm not the one crying about the ammo shortage, dear.

You have a VERY short attention span.

Not the only thing you have that's short, it seems.

Level 5

Location hidden

#5467 Mar 18, 2013
Dr-Sniper wrote:
I tried to tell people this would happen. Liberals like you laughed.
It did happen.
I guess not anyone really pays much attention to anything you say, eh, Shug?

The reason people laugh at people like you is you cry about an "ammo shortage" which is being fed by gun gnutters like you who are crying about an ammo shortage when the people making ammunition are cranking it out as fast as they can why you buy it up.

HILARIOUS!

And the liberals laugh at you when you buy up all that .22's so you can save America from that impending invasion.

HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAH!

Level 5

Location hidden

#5468 Mar 18, 2013
Dr-Sniper wrote:
With all that said, its not that easy for you to sidestep the fact you made an ass of yourself by posting a link to ammo that is out of stock. Lmao!
LMAO: it isn't out of stock.

Go into the store. Pull out your wallet.

Level 5

Location hidden

#5471 Mar 18, 2013
Dr-Sniper wrote:
<quoted text>
The store shelves are empty of 22LR ammo, shit for brains.
The country is floating in ammo, Spoogebreath.

And you just told everyone that you have enough.

And I'd be happy to pick up a box from my local vender, let me know when you send that money order.$1 a round.

Instead of spending your money on putting 22's on a shelf because there is going to be any more (cough), you should spend the money on S&W stock.

They are making money hand over fist right now, selling everything they can crank out.

Level 5

Location hidden

#5472 Mar 18, 2013
Dr-Sniper wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a few thousand rounds of 22LR. I even purchased about 250 rounds of 22Long for use in my Savage Rascal
A few thousand isn't enough.

You need to run down to WallyWorld and buy every single round they will sell you right now.

I'd like to see S&W go up to $10 this week and I am sure your continued wailing about this "shortage" will help.

Since: Jan 07

Location Shown

#5473 Mar 18, 2013
Much to the amazement of not only the show but of toilet paper factories across America, 20 million people that watched the Carson show that evening ran out in the morning and bought as much toilet paper as they could carry. By noon on December 20, 1973, practically every store in America was out of stock. Many of the stores tried to ration this valuable paper but they could not keep up with the demand no matter what they did.

Ammo, plywood , ice after a hurry cane, rumor has it,...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do It Obama! 6 min Hoosier Hillbilly 5
Woman Adds 3rd Breast to Make Herself 'Unattrac... 7 min Instigator 11
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 7 min AppHappy 28,617
Add a Word, Ruin a Movie (Oct '13) 9 min Parden Pard 3,333
What Could Be Catchy,...? 12 min AppHappy 4
Reporter Quits in Vulgar Fashion 12 min Instigator 6
'Alien hairballs' that washed up on Australian ... 14 min Parden Pard 2
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 34 min reebie 20,617
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 41 min TALLYHO 8541 36,523
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr Wolftracks 147,048