|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
NO, CHL does not equate to gun registration ... Nothing could be further that the truth! It is filed basically to purchase the weapon, to register YOURSELF and declaring yourself interested in purchasing the weapon. CHL is used to cover the STATE not the gun for the government to see, specifically and for the State to see, if that gun is being used illegally ... most importantly, the CHL is saying to the owner, "I'm legally allowed to have this weapon." ...
When a person goes to CHL class there is NO background check in Texas nor is there registering of your firearm when it comes to "practicing" in that part of the program!... CHL = no report to the FBI/ATF ... You can check with the TX/DPS, TX Attorney General, TX Law Shield; wherever you like ...
When a person buys from a dealer: Well, Tally, you can do your own homework on ATF form 4473 ...
When visiting a shooting/firing range ... the firearm owner does NOT have to register yours/mine/ours firearm ...
At my particular shooting range, the rules are quite simple:
1) Do not approach the shooting booth when a cease fire has been called.
2) Do not approach the shooting booth when a cease fire has been called.
3) Do not approach the shooting booth when a cease fire has been called ...
I hope this has cleared up your questions and/or concerns ... If it has not, then do some more homework ... Thank you and have a good day ... FC
If thatís the only rule your range has I wouldnít shoot there.

“Why call 911? 1911 is faster”

Level 4

Since: Feb 08

Wesley Chapel, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
In Texas, that statement could not be further than the truth ...
Point of reference:
1) Texas Department of Public Safety
2) Texas Attorney General
3) Texas Law Shield
Good day ...
Same with Florida and Georgia. I hold both permits and know the law. I've given him state law and photos of the permits.

I understand where heís coming from. Heís attempting to apply New York law to other states.

Level 4

Wesley Chapel, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

tallyho wrote:
better tell texas they are wrong , because you aren't looking at up dated laws ...
How to Get a Texas Hand Gun License
Things You'll Need
Social Security card
License or ID card
Proof of address and employment for last five years
Show (1) More
Instructions
Choose which handgun you want. Going into a gun store can help you make this decision; the sales staff can help you choose what gun will be best for you.
Provide the owner with the information needed to perform an FBI NCIS background check. The results can arrive instantly or may take a few days depending on your history (i.e. arrests, moving, etc.). You'll need your Social Security number, driver's license or ID, address and employment information, your residence information for the last five years and information on psychiatric, drug, alcohol or criminal history if you're a new applicant. You'll also need a valid email address and a credit card to pay the fee.
If you have a CHL (Concealed Handgun License), then your background check will take less time because a background check is needed to obtain a CHL.
If you have a CHL (Concealed Handgun License), then your background check will take less time because a background check is needed to obtain a CHL.
how do you spell background check
A background check now equates to registration as well? Really?

In Georgia if you buy a firearm there is no background check if youíre a permit holder. No information is sent to the state on the purchase. The 4473 form is filed and remains at the store. For those that do not have a permit an instant check is done. Nowhere does the instant check require make, model or serial number of the gun. Do argue this with me. I helped a friend in his gun store nearly every Saturday and whenever I had a few minutes. I visit Georgia every couple of months, I make certain I have a day to spend at the gun store behind the counter helping customers. I know this information firsthand. Youíre guessing.

For the NCIS check the social security number is *optional*. Iíve never provided that for a purchase.

In Florida even though I do have a permit thereís a background check with each purchase. Nowhere is the information on the specific firearm entered. It canít be, state law prohibits firearm registration.

In fact, Iíve given you state law for both Florida and Georgia showing both states prohibit firearm registration.

Level 4

Wesley Chapel, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Dr-Sniper wrote:
<quoted text>
I know. He just can't admit being wrong. I think he fears spontaneous combustion if he ever admits he was wrong about something.
People like that usually don't have to fear guns, its the stroke or heart attack that gets them.
I recently stated on here ďI stand correctedĒ. Barefool like the fool he is went on about that means you were wrong. I donít understand it. If youíre wrong, man up.

Level 4

Wesley Chapel, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Force Majeure wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody told me that. They are my own words. But you're too smart to fall for that, eh? You know that people will still get murdered with guns even if there are no guns. You must be a real genius!
NO GUNS = NO MURDER WITH GUNS
GUN CONTROLL = LESS GUNS
LESS GUNS = LESS MURDER WITH GUNS
Without a gun someone can still punch you in the face, but even you can "live" with that.
Take your lap dance to the next table. Your feet stink.
If there were no guns would we have no murder or a reduced murder rate?

Gun control is not about fewer firearms, itís a futile attempt to keep guns out of the hands of criminals.

Level 4

Wesley Chapel, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess it's okay for the gun gnutters to make assumption that all gun laws are the same as they are in Texas or Florida.
Who has done that? Youíll point out a specific example?

Level 4

Wesley Chapel, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You stick up with the bill for your stupidity.
Again.
Tell me: when your grandkids go through the windshield, do we charge you with criminal negligent homicide or do we just shrug our shoulders and say "Shucks!".
You know, like you would do.
You sure are obsessed with the windshield.

“LAITY v NY, SCOTUS #13-875”

Since: Nov 08

Swift Water,NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Stuges wrote:
Why can't gun owners step up with their hands and fight like men? Cowards.
YOU are a fool. The Second Amendment is there for our protection against Government armaments if they are turned on us.

Are YOU going to fight a tyrannical assault on "We the People" with your fists?

Perhaps YOU are denigrating Guns because YOU want disarmament of "We the People". Is your real name Obama?

Level 4

Wesley Chapel, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course, the difference between the two situations would be- if the taxpayers are going to concede having to pick up the cost of you or your grandkids going thought the windshield- you will be killed, or your grandkids will be killed.
With guns, it is almost ALWAYS someone else, not the idiot gun owner.
EG: WalMart shopper dropper gun, bullet goes into another shopper, maybe the kid in the little car they have mounted on the cart.
So much assumption.

Iíve been driving about 40 years. Have never had a serious crash, have had no crash which was my fault. I first must go through the windshield, what are the odds of that? Youíre obsessed with the unlikely.

If I do, it wonít cost the tax payers a dime. I have excellent auto and health insurance. Can you say the same?

“LAITY v NY, SCOTUS #13-875”

Since: Nov 08

Swift Water,NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Syloc wrote:
Stupid person,came to a gunfight with only his bravery'RIP
If a turncoat Government comes at me with a Bazooka,I WANT a Tank.

"The Second Amendment is the reset button of the U.S. Constitution"-Doug McKay

Level 4

Wesley Chapel, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

tallyho wrote:
damn it I didn't say chl registered the gun , never , i said you have to have a chl certificate before you apply for a permit ...
now you want everyone to believe you are given a blanket .... can put it on any gun you want..
so why bother with with the permit so when police run a check there isn't any reference to who/what and where?????????
so why bother with classes why are you all worried then , Texas can do what it wants ..
The permit in most states allows carriage of the weapon in public. Nothing more, nothing less.

In NYS it does indeed limit you to which handgun you may carry. In fact I believe you must add it to your permit even if you never intend to carry it. I know it used to be that way and it still may.

Level 4

Wesley Chapel, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
To be sure: they don't have a problem giving permits to people who hit women or who have been arrested for assaults on police officers .
Youíre wrong. Domestic violence will prohibit you from buying a firearm unless you get your rights restored. On the hitting a cop youíre referring to Zimmerman. Read the details on the incident and then see what the legal outcome was. Zimmerman has never been convicted of a crime.

Try again. Youíre a special kind of ignorant, arenít you?

Level 4

Wesley Chapel, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Gun Gnutters insist others think the law in New York is the same everywhere else.
Pay attention.
When I say the laws are the same in all 50 states, you have something to squeak about. Until then, why not just STFU?
You canít possibly be that ignorant. Try reading the thread again.

On law in Florida and Georgia Tally is wrong. But, this wasnít your original claim. You claimed we were attempting to say the laws were the same in all fifty states. But, you as an Obama supporter probably would claim all fifty seven states.

Level 4

Wesley Chapel, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
list something, be it a god dam name/dob/driver's license / ss no# but something
just isn't a blanket blank of paper , and the texas law states each .... don't use the internet have the info is outdated
and the same for Florida , copy cat laws of texas
so you are saying that the entire internet and the law library are wrong ...GOD help us
Florida law on firearms and permits is different from Texas. How is it copycat?

No one said the entire law library was wrong. You are wrong. Iíve posted law from Florida and Georgia and you remain stuck on stupid.

“A PAIR A FULLHOUSE ”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

CAN'T BEAT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

click on gun codes of state by state , Tally isn't wrong , the website mat be wrong but tall cut and paste all the quips from the net on most he has posted , here

Gun laws in the United States by state - Wikipedia, the free ...
Gun laws in the United States regulate the sale, possession, and use of firearms and ammunition.... Denver Revised Municipal Code Section 38-130:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_the_United_... (by...- Cached
More results from en.wikipedia.org Ľ

so sweetie pie go aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah you are already there

Level 4

Wesley Chapel, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Force Majeure wrote:
<quoted text>
........ AND ..........
<quoted text>
So your collective argument is based upon the false belief that no one has the right to govern your actions that have to do with your own well-being? Are the two of you suffering from self-hypnosis?
The control you maintain over your car affects your passengers, other motorists, and pedestrians. If you lose control of your car by negligence (DWI, no hands on the wheel, no seat belt, etc.) then there is virtually no circumstance in traffic where your actions affect ONLY you.
While we're on the subject of "your right over yourself" and the effect your actions have (or don't have) over others .......
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/nor...
..... what is your opinion on drunkedness during working hours? Do you see being drunk "your right - your risk"?
Now youíre reaching. If youíre driving in a fashion where a seatbelt must secure you behind the wheel youíre dangerous.

Iíve driven approximately 1.5 million miles. Zero wrecks to my credit. Can you say the same?

Level 4

Wesley Chapel, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, what city do you live in?
I can then narrow it down to your place of employment (as if it actually exists).
Why donít you post your city? If you donít show your location why should someone else tell you theirs?

“A PAIR A FULLHOUSE ”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

CAN'T BEAT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

however up dated info is here...

Law Library -
99 Exchange Blvd,#525, Rochester, NY

2Law Library -
50 East Ave,#100, Rochester, NY

so don't rely on the internet

Level 4

Wesley Chapel, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
ok show me the permit or what is on it and its info:
talk don't cry and speak for yourself ... the other mouth can't
yes no you can carry anyone's pistol on your permit
YES..........NO
With my Florida and Georgia permits I can provided I have the ownerís permission to be in possession of the weapon.

Level 4

Wesley Chapel, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>It means you may not be licensed to carry an auto because you took your test with a revolver.
Not sure why Texas makes that distinction. Shooting a revolver isnít much different than shooting a semi-automatic.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 4,241 - 4,260 of7,307
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••