|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
Kinda' hypocritical IMHO - especially when one "wants to drop the name-calling and carry on an intelligent conversation."
The "man" is a complete fool, he tries to bully posters into accepting his way of thinking and when he doesn't succeed, he turns to belittling name calling. Just because he says he was a judge, does not make him the almighty god of law. He is wrong on this latest issue and refuses to admit it. He is a maroon. There is no intelligent conversation with him. Like you, it is either agree with him, or be subjected to his feeble attempts at put downs.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
<quoted text>
The "man" is a complete fool, he tries to bully posters into accepting his way of thinking and when he doesn't succeed, he turns to belittling name calling. Just because he says he was a judge, does not make him the almighty god of law. He is wrong on this latest issue and refuses to admit it. He is a maroon. There is no intelligent conversation with him. Like you, it is either agree with him, or be subjected to his feeble attempts at put downs.
The big difference is, it was you who condoned name-calling, not I. Practicing what you preach is the best way to gain crediblity.

“Why not”

Level 2

Since: Feb 09

Mine

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

If only cowards need guns than i am the biggest coward of all Ha Ha Ha and happy to be one

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
i didn't say you have to register gun , i said when you carry off premises then you register via a license/permit whatever: you want to jump in this dog at least know what the dog fight is about and your state laws , don't worry about me
NO, CHL does not equate to gun registration ... Nothing could be further that the truth! It is filed basically to purchase the weapon, to register YOURSELF and declaring yourself interested in purchasing the weapon. CHL is used to cover the STATE not the gun for the government to see, specifically and for the State to see, if that gun is being used illegally ... most importantly, the CHL is saying to the owner, "I'm legally allowed to have this weapon." ...

When a person goes to CHL class there is NO background check in Texas nor is there registering of your firearm when it comes to "practicing" in that part of the program!... CHL = no report to the FBI/ATF ... You can check with the TX/DPS, TX Attorney General, TX Law Shield; wherever you like ...

When a person buys from a dealer: Well, Tally, you can do your own homework on ATF form 4473 ...

When visiting a shooting/firing range ... the firearm owner does NOT have to register yours/mine/ours firearm ...

At my particular shooting range, the rules are quite simple:

1) Do not approach the shooting booth when a cease fire has been called.
2) Do not approach the shooting booth when a cease fire has been called.
3) Do not approach the shooting booth when a cease fire has been called ...

I hope this has cleared up your questions and/or concerns ... If it has not, then do some more homework ... Thank you and have a good day ... FC

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
His original comment was concealed carry permits equate to gun registration.
In Texas, that statement could not be further than the truth ...

Point of reference:

1) Texas Department of Public Safety
2) Texas Attorney General
3) Texas Law Shield

Good day ...

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Force Majeure wrote:
<quoted text>Luckily, your government has more sense than you.

Dr-Sniper wrote, "<quoted text>Prove that controlling guns saves lives! "

Gosh darn it! You sure got me there, huh! I have no idea how I can prove that gun control would save lives except for the fact that without guns EVERY SINGLE PERSON who was killed by a gun would have lived longer.

No guns = No death by guns
Conrolling guns = Less guns
Less guns = Less death by guns
Less death by guns = More broken noses(oh well!)
That's what they keep telling idiots like you that fall for it.

Obviously! Just look at Chicago, New York, Detroit...

No guns = a pipe dream. It's never going to happen. Even if you made all guns illegal in the US, some criminal is going to smuggle them in, just like drugs. The difference is, the law abiding will be targets after the war on guns, unlike the war on drugs.

Would you say Chicago has less guns? They sure have the laws to make it that way. They also have a gun murder rate to disprove your "theory".

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>i didn't say you have to register gun , i said when you carry off premises then you register via a license/permit whatever: you want to jump in this dog at least know what the dog fight is about and your state laws , don't worry about me
The story is changing now!

What you said was, guns carried by a concealed carry permit holder are registered guns.
You said the permit contains the model, caliber, and serial number of the handgun carried.
Do I need to repost what you stated?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>yes , kinda like a car: saying if you can drive a semi then you also qualify for a bus/limo etc etc , like a gun if you can handle a revolver you can also hand others , not that you get to carry everything under the sun ...with a single permit

tell me again how you need a wantabe ar-15 for what motorcycle gangs at a light ,
But that's just it. I can carry every handgun under the sun, if I own every handgun under the sun, with a single concealed carry permit!

And yes! If someone is surrounded by 30 bikers at a red light, they are better off with an AR-15 than a Derringer, or revolver.
But that's irrelevant because it has to do with rights rather than needs!

Give up your rights and freedoms if you want to! Ironically, that's your right. But I'm not! And you aren't going to force me to either!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>now what is the name of that state again ???????
Doesn't matter. You've already been given the examples of Florida and Georgia. So far all you have done is post that they issue concealed carry permits. Then imply that the permit is somehow gun registration and also imply that a person needs a separate permit for each handgun they may carry. But when called on it, you produce nothing to back those implications.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>I understand where he’s coming from. NYS does tie the gun to the carry permit. He’s assuming the rest of the nation is like that.
I understand, but you have pointed that out to him on numerous occasions. He is stating that Texas, Florida, Georgia... are all that way, even after being told that most states are not like New York.
He claims to be getting his information from the law library. He has posted several excerpts about concealed carry in these individual states, so it's not like he hasn't looked it up and realizes he is wrong. He is just to proud to admit that he is wrong.

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

better tell texas they are wrong , because you aren't looking at up dated laws ...

How to Get a Texas Hand Gun License

Things You'll Need

Social Security card
License or ID card
Proof of address and employment for last five years

Show (1) More
Instructions

Choose which handgun you want. Going into a gun store can help you make this decision; the sales staff can help you choose what gun will be best for you.

Provide the owner with the information needed to perform an FBI NCIS background check. The results can arrive instantly or may take a few days depending on your history (i.e. arrests, moving, etc.). You'll need your Social Security number, driver's license or ID, address and employment information, your residence information for the last five years and information on psychiatric, drug, alcohol or criminal history if you're a new applicant. You'll also need a valid email address and a credit card to pay the fee.

If you have a CHL (Concealed Handgun License), then your background check will take less time because a background check is needed to obtain a CHL.

If you have a CHL (Concealed Handgun License), then your background check will take less time because a background check is needed to obtain a CHL.

how do you spell background check

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>He’s been given law which prohibits registration for both Florida and Georgia. He’s been given law tied to the permits. He’s been given photos of the permits. He still continues to claim the permit is registration.
I know. He just can't admit being wrong. I think he fears spontaneous combustion if he ever admits he was wrong about something.
People like that usually don't have to fear guns, its the stroke or heart attack that gets them.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>rather easy you buy a car a tag is issued to that car,,vin number
you don't have to register that car but to leave your property guess what??????????
doesn't mean you can move that plate to that car to any car

a permit is rather specific , a permit for a 32 S/W auto doesn't mean you carry a 357 sub/nose .. a permit is filed somewhere [copied]... that means it is recorded/filed/transcribed/lis ted /enrolled other wise registered to CARRY be it open or concealed period that is: "that state's law" ...one deeming factor of the 50 state laws ...almost to to the that is the same

now the big posse wants to argue . if your state has on site so be it [at home/leave at home] then I have no argument about you have to register it , it already is by either the manufacturer
the dealer.. the gun so better at Joe Blows residence ...

before serial no# <1969> how in the hell do you figure Oswald rifle was traced , by magic .... use your common sense ...

think: look back , Den claimed he can carry any gun he wanted on one permit... that isn't a permit it is a certification..to apply for a to carry..........
he also stated later if he only passed the revolver test he can only carry the revolver , which is it????

in the state of [?] I showed you in black and white to carry whether it is open or concealed a permit is issued , which ever law applies to that state .

you argue away just don't get caught

it is the fine print that is confusing you , and law the fine print rules
but you have it your way , and because I leave is because I'm tired of the posse's stupidity not from fear
Do you have a constitutional amendment that says your right to own and drive an automobile SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>Kinda' hypocritical IMHO - especially when one "wants to drop the name-calling and carry on an intelligent conversation."
There is absolutely nothing humble about your opinion.

That's classic coming from you! Drop the name calling and carry on an intelligent conversation? You? Lmao.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

Force Majeure wrote:
It's call "law". Ever hear of it? National "laws" are made by the nation - State "laws" are made by the state.

The law that requires you to wear a seat belt might save your life, but who really cares? The seat belt on you can save the lives of innocent people who trusted you to use a seat belt. You putting others at risk is always your fault. If you want to play with your own life don't include others in traffic. You can play Russian Roulette alone in the basement instead.

Have I answered your question well enough for you to understand it now?
Each person makes their own decisions in life. There should be no seat belt law period.
Seat belts are in vehicles if one wants to use them. I've never told a passenger they could not use the seat belt. I've never had a driver tell me I could not use a seat belt.
I wear a seat belt. I definitely see situations that it would be a bad decision to wear that seat belt. But, it's the law. I am law abiding. It may cost me my life one day.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Dr-Sniper wrote:
<quoted text>
There is absolutely nothing humble about your opinion.
That's classic coming from you! Drop the name calling and carry on an intelligent conversation? You? Lmao.
Read what was posted you twit - I didn't condone name calling, he did.

Your inaneness proceeds you.

“cat lover”

Level 6

Since: Jul 07

Tucson

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Force Majeure wrote:
<quoted text>
Luckily, your government has more sense than you.
<quoted text>
Gosh darn it! You sure got me there, huh! I have no idea how I can prove that gun control would save lives except for the fact that without guns EVERY SINGLE PERSON who was killed by a gun would have lived longer.
No guns = No death by guns
Conrolling guns = Less guns
Less guns = Less death by guns
Less death by guns = More broken noses(oh well!)
No guns no dath by guns well that you need to check on the UK there police can't carry guns but the robbers can and thery kill peoplewhen they rob banks, homes and darive bys shooting and just so you know you an jack a**

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

tallyho wrote:
better tell texas they are wrong , because you aren't looking at up dated laws ...

How to Get a Texas Hand Gun License

Things You'll Need

Social Security card
License or ID card
Proof of address and employment for last five years

Show (1) More
Instructions

Choose which handgun you want. Going into a gun store can help you make this decision; the sales staff can help you choose what gun will be best for you.

Provide the owner with the information needed to perform an FBI NCIS background check. The results can arrive instantly or may take a few days depending on your history (i.e. arrests, moving, etc.). You'll need your Social Security number, driver's license or ID, address and employment information, your residence information for the last five years and information on psychiatric, drug, alcohol or criminal history if you're a new applicant. You'll also need a valid email address and a credit card to pay the fee.

how do you spell background check
How is any of that relevant to gun registration?
How do you spell gun registration?

“cat lover”

Level 6

Since: Jul 07

Tucson

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Dr-Sniper wrote:
<quoted text>
Each person makes their own decisions in life. There should be no seat belt law period.
Seat belts are in vehicles if one wants to use them. I've never told a passenger they could not use the seat belt. I've never had a driver tell me I could not use a seat belt.
I wear a seat belt. I definitely see situations that it would be a bad decision to wear that seat belt. But, it's the law. I am law abiding. It may cost me my life one day.
Hi Dr-Sniper have to agree with you on everything that you posted and God bless you for that :) and have a great day

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Force Majeure wrote:
<quoted text>Nobody told me that. They are my own words. But you're too smart to fall for that, eh? You know that people will still get murdered with guns even if there are no guns. You must be a real genius!

NO GUNS = NO MURDER WITH GUNS
GUN CONTROLL = LESS GUNS
LESS GUNS = LESS MURDER WITH GUNS

Without a gun someone can still punch you in the face, but even you can "live" with that.

Take your lap dance to the next table. Your feet stink.
It has nothing to do with being too smart. Although I am too smart to fall for the "government knows what's best for you, and will take care of you" BS.

People have the right to make decisions for themselves. People decide to bungee jump or sky dive everyday. Would it be safer for them if they didn't? Yes. Do they have the right to do it anyway? Yes.

What, no comment on Chicago being so safe since it has such strict gun control? Come on! I figured you would want to showcase the crime statistics from such a progressive city!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

149 Users are viewing the Weird Forum right now

Search the Weird Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
The Night Owl Saloon (Jun '11) 3 min razz58 15,620
white... 7 min night machine 7
Let's have some FUN(NY)... 9 min _Word_Woman_ 28
Tell Us Who or What You Really Are,...? (Apr '13) 10 min Big dawg 1,438
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 18 min Trouser Cough 39,912
New asked and answered. (Jul '13) 21 min booty_licious 1,840
Only a COWARD would hit a woman (Dec '12) 23 min Instigator 102
Car Dealer Gives Woman Refund - in Pennies 37 min Instigator 28
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr Mister_ E 141,346