Wesley Chapel, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Hoosier Hillbilly wrote:
Dr-Sniper wrote: But what about the people who died because they were illegally required to wear a seat belt?
::Twice in my life I have had serious auto accidents and each time if I'd been buckled in
I wouldn't be here telling you about it.
I respect the fact some people wear them but because of my personal experiences you'll never see
me strapped in unless I'm on the track, and those days are in the past for the most part.
Have I ever been ticketed, NO!
...now that I said this I'll probably get one tomorrow...
I don’t wear it either. When I bought my current F250 last September the first thing I did was turn off the nanny warning.

“Why call 911? 1911 is faster”

Level 4

Since: Feb 08

Wesley Chapel, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
no it won't
In Florida and Georgia both it would be illegal for the state or local governments to have a record of my firearm serial numbers. I’ve given you appropriate law for both states.

You continue to attempt to apply NYS law to other states.

Level 4

Wesley Chapel, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
They should sign affidavits before they drive so taxpayers don't have to pick up the tab and be charged more for insurances.
HOW 'bout the children- parents charged with child abuse when the kids get tossed through the windshield?
Get rid of the child seat legislation?
I was alive at a time where seatbelts in cars were rare. We don’t have people flying all over the place. It’s really quite rare to be ejected through the windshield, more likely you would be ejected out the side window in a roll over.

The first statistic you must get past is a crash serious enough to cause serious personal injury. Not as common as you believe. Next you must get past a crash where a seatbelt makes a notable difference. I like the odds.

Child safety restraint laws are more feel good laws. It was great fun as a kid riding in the back of my next door neighbor’s pickup truck, unrestrained.

Level 4

Wesley Chapel, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
stupid,,, sweetie pie ... azz S&W makes gun 1# dealer buy gun from S&W.. now we know that 1# went from S&W to dealer.. dealer has to record he has gun 1#.... buyer comes and buys gun 1# dealer must by law record you vitals , be it name .dob/residence/ etc etc .. now we know where gun 1# or better be
now gun1# has been registered 3x already ..duh
and yes I have gone some where because you blow your mouth off say nothing and frankly a bore ,
The Gun Control Act of 1968 (GCA or GCA68), Pub.L. 90–618, 82 Stat. 1213, enacted October 22, 1968, is a federal law in the United States signed by President Lyndon Johnson that broadly regulates the firearms industry and firearms owners. It primarily focuses on regulating interstate commerce in firearms by generally prohibiting interstate firearms transfers except among licensed manufacturers, dealers and importers.
posted just about all the general laws ... want to cry more yet
That’s not the same as what you’re talking about. Your claim is state registration through CCW permit. Not true.

Yes, a trace can be done. The police go to the manufacturer and they can find which dealer sold the arm. The dealer must maintain a record of all 4473 forms for 20 years. A private sale doesn’t have such restrictions though I do maintain records of where every arm I’ve sold has gone.

So, after 20 years or a private sale the trail can end. It’s not registration.

Level 4

Wesley Chapel, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
you have to prove to the seller that you are you yes , and how do you do that???????
ok sell me a pistol now ... pm me and I will buy it
Now you’re crossing into different territory.

I cannot legally ship you a pistol or long gun. To ship I would have to send to a FFL dealer in NYS. However, if you were here in Florida I can as a private seller legally sell it to you. It would then be your responsibility to follow laws in NY. A dealer sale has more restrictions and they wouldn’t be able to sell to you without proper Florida state ID.

I frequently travel to Georgia. I still buy firearms there. I can buy all the long guns I desire but pistols must be shipped to an FFL in Florida.

You skipped over this one “judge”. I asked you a question to see how well you knew the law.

One of my trips to Georgia I purchased a shotgun, it was a double barrel 10 gauge. No 4473 form was completed. No background check was completed. I purchased with the intention of carrying it over state lines. No law was broken, how was that possible?

Level 4

Wesley Chapel, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

tallyho wrote:
Florida No permit is required to purchase firearms. A license is needed to carry a concealed firearm.
Texas No permit is required to purchase firearms. A license is required to carry a concealed handgun.
Correct, how do you manage to tie it to registration?

But, add to that in Florida there is a three day waiting period on handguns unless you have a permit. Another useless law.

Level 4

Wesley Chapel, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

tallyho wrote:
Taking a Training Course
Find a DPS Qualified Instructor. TCHA member instructors are listed on this site.
Take the training course. It will require 10 to 15 hours, and includes a written examination and a shooting practical. You must pass each with a score of 70% or better.
The written exam covers law, nonviolent conflict resolution, and handgun use and storage. It is not mainly about shooting.
The shooting practical requires you to fire fifty rounds from a handgun of .32 caliber or greater, including 20 shots at three yards, 20 at seven yards, and 10 a fifteen yards. If you shoot a semiauto you will be able to carry any legal handgun. If you qualify with a revolver you will be able to carry any handgun, including a revolver or derringer, except for a semiauto.
After you pass both tests the instructor will make two copies of Form CHL-100, which you must both sign. You will get one of them to mail in with the supplementary forms to your application.
need a permit for each gun....
There is no such requirement in Florida or Georgia.

Level 4

Wesley Chapel, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
read ....The shooting practical requires you to fire fifty rounds from a handgun of .32 caliber or greater, including 20 shots at three yards, 20 at seven yards, and 10 a fifteen yards. If you shoot a semiauto you will be able to carry any legal handgun. If you qualify with a revolver you will be able to carry any handgun, including a revolver or derringer, except for a semiauto.
If you shoot a semiauto you will be able to carry any legal handgun. If you qualify with a revolver you will be able to carry any handgun, including a revolver or derringer, except for a semiauto.
If you shoot a semiauto you will be able to carry any legal handgun. If you qualify with a revolver you will be able to carry any handgun, including a revolver or derringer, except for a semiauto.
How does this equate to your one gun one permit claim? You notice it says nothing about actually hitting the target.

Georgia requires no safety class. Florida does but it’s a joke. I had to take the class, no new information for me. We shot a single action .22LR revolver about 15’. There was no target, just a mound of sand. If you didn’t shoot someone you passed.

Level 4

Wesley Chapel, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
that is a TEXAS stipulation
Wrong, find your mistake.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
Forget the “what-if”. Work on the question I posed for a moment.
Would you mandate someone wait to defend themselves until they’re assaulted or killed? At what point do you find self-defense acceptable?
Forget the mandate - I've already answered that question.

You're playing the "what-if," not me - you're also assuming that no defense = assaulted or killed. Poor assumption. A dozen examples of people getting killed because they had no gun defense does not warrant a "most of the time" situation. There are plenty of examples of people escaping assaults and killings without the use of guns. Your best defense, regardless of whether you are armed or not, is your brain - not bullets.

Level 4

Wesley Chapel, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Tally, hunting and pecking ... googling Texas law for what? CHL ... concealed handgun license and when you can carry or what you carry?... What was the original question?... deviating from the original question, again? Happens a lot doesn't it? Jeez!... over and over and it gets boring ... so does google, copy & paste on things most of us already know ... we want things we don't already know or most of us don't already know ...
Let me give you an example of the crux of why I even got involved in the yall's discussion, ie., registration of a firearm in Texas ...
Sissy sells me her Glock 9 with 4 magazines and 5 boxes of hollow point bullets, okay? I DO NOT have to register that gun with the Feds, the State, the county and/or city ... NO ONE!... as a courtesy, she may give me a bill of sale and we both may sign same and I may give her a copy of my driver's license and the bill of sale but IT IS NOT NECESSARY! Ever!...
I DO NOT have to have a separate license for each gun I tote around ... FYI: Texas also has reciprocity agreements with Arkansas, Louisiana, Arizona, Oklahoma, Florida and Tennessee.
Of note: The City of Austin has a program called Guns for Groceries ... on an appointed date and time the City of Austin will hold this program where food vouchers are given to get guns off the street ... No questions asked! These guns may or may not have been used in commission of a crime, who knows ... The person gives the gun to the Austin Police Department official and in return gets a food voucher ... yet, across the street, there are people bringing their guns/rifles/semi-automatics and/or other type of armory to possibly right minded people (or not) to get those same guns "off the street" in exchange for money ... Those people buying those guns DO NOT have to register those guns with the Feds, the State, County and/or the City, either! No one!... all, right in plain sight of the Austin Police Department ... sounds crazy, right? But it happens ...
If I so chose, I will register my weapons because, to me, it's the right thing to do! They are kept in a safe place ... I can take all my weapons apart, blindfolded, and put them back together ... No one, will take my guns from me ... I'm a long time member of the NRA ... The 2nd amendment means a lot to me ...
I know you to be knowledgeable about a lot of things, Tally, but not about everything! Knowing a whole about something and a whole lot about nothing can be a drag, lol ... Stick to the topic and the question! It'll make your life around here much easier ... FC
His original comment was concealed carry permits equate to gun registration.

Level 4

Wesley Chapel, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
yes , kinda like a car: saying if you can drive a semi then you also qualify for a bus/limo etc etc , like a gun if you can handle a revolver you can also hand others , not that you get to carry everything under the sun ...with a single permit
tell me again how you need a wantabe ar-15 for what motorcycle gangs at a light ,
I think you’re losing what’s left of your mind.

Level 4

Wesley Chapel, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

tallyho wrote:
that should keep you busy for the day ..
and hunt your state laws , I have my own
Yes, and the laws in your state are highly restrictive.

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct, how do you manage to tie it to registration?
But, add to that in Florida there is a three day waiting period on handguns unless you have a permit. Another useless law.
rather easy you buy a car a tag is issued to that car,,vin number
you don't have to register that car but to leave your property guess what??????????
doesn't mean you can move that plate to that car to any car

a permit is rather specific , a permit for a 32 S/W auto doesn't mean you carry a 357 sub/nose .. a permit is filed somewhere [copied]... that means it is recorded/filed/transcribed/lis ted /enrolled other wise registered to CARRY be it open or concealed period that is: "that state's law" ...one deeming factor of the 50 state laws ...almost to to the that is the same

now the big posse wants to argue . if your state has on site so be it [at home/leave at home] then I have no argument about you have to register it , it already is by either the manufacturer
the dealer.. the gun so better at Joe Blows residence ...

before serial no# <1969> how in the hell do you figure Oswald rifle was traced , by magic .... use your common sense ...

think: look back , Den claimed he can carry any gun he wanted on one permit... that isn't a permit it is a certification..to apply for a to carry..........
he also stated later if he only passed the revolver test he can only carry the revolver , which is it????

in the state of [?] I showed you in black and white to carry whether it is open or concealed a permit is issued , which ever law applies to that state .

you argue away just don't get caught

it is the fine print that is confusing you , and law the fine print rules
but you have it your way , and because I leave is because I'm tired of the posse's stupidity not from fear

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you’re losing what’s left of your mind.
that is your problem you think you think

“ASPIRE 2 INSPIRE B4 U EXPIRE”

Level 8

Since: Jul 08

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

HERE COME DA JUDGE

HERE COME DA JUDGE

HERE COME DA JUDGE

HERE COME DA JUDGE

HERE COME DA JUDGE

bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahah a

WHAT A MAROON

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
HERE COME DA JUDGE
HERE COME DA JUDGE
HERE COME DA JUDGE
HERE COME DA JUDGE
HERE COME DA JUDGE
WHAT A MAROON
Kinda' hypocritical IMHO - especially when one "wants to drop the name-calling and carry on an intelligent conversation."

“"Always Thinking"”

Level 8

Since: Nov 12

Greensburg, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
Kinda' hypocritical IMHO - especially when one "wants to drop the name-calling and carry on an intelligent conversation."
*=* Which one-of-you is "THIS" speaking M69?*=*
NPD is a serious illness!

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

Hoosier Hillbilly wrote:
<quoted text>
NPD is a serious illness!
And so is beastiality and zoophilia - do your goats know you cheat on them?

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
HERE COME DA JUDGE
HERE COME DA JUDGE
HERE COME DA JUDGE
HERE COME DA JUDGE
HERE COME DA JUDGE
WHAT A MAROON
aren't they though ........

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••