Comments
4,041 - 4,060 of 7,306 Comments Last updated Feb 25, 2014

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#4313 Mar 3, 2013
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>one gun one permit cry baby ....

READ: for a change
Click Apply for a New Concealed Handgun License or Instructor Certificate. You will need:

that is just an app.
What state are you referring to?

I have one permit. I can carry any handgun I own with that one permit.

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#4314 Mar 3, 2013
who said this..........

Denny CranesPlace

“Denny Crain”

Since: Jan 11

[Early adopter]

Mystical and Magical

Reply »
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
2 hrs ago

Dr-Sniper wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting. I carry revolvers, semiautos, and the occasional Derringer. All with the same permit.

You can do the same here if you take the yest with a semiauto but if you take the test with a revolver that is all you can carry

Location hidden

#4315 Mar 3, 2013
tallyho wrote:
who said this..........

Denny CranesPlace

“Denny Crain”

Since: Jan 11

[Early adopter]

Mystical and Magical

Reply »
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
2 hrs ago

Dr-Sniper wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting. I carry revolvers, semiautos, and the occasional Derringer. All with the same permit.

You can do the same here if you take the yest with a semiauto but if you take the test with a revolver that is all you can carry
So according to Denny, one can carry multiple firearms using one permit in Texas.

Show where law dictates one permit one handgun.

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#4316 Mar 3, 2013
Dr-Sniper wrote:
<quoted text>
What state are you referring to?
I have one permit. I can carry any handgun I own with that one permit.
don't know about you you are afraid .... but if you could read how about texas give me your state ... would it be the State Penitentiary of ??????????

Location hidden

#4317 Mar 3, 2013
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>don't know about you you are afraid .... but if you could read how about texas give me your state ... would it be the State Penitentiary of ??????????
Ha ha.

The Texas permit allows someone that qualifies with a revolver to carry revolvers or Derringers, and someone that qualifies with a semi auto handgun to carry any handgun. This by your own admission. At the same time, you state one permit for each individual handgun.

Contradict much?

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#4318 Mar 3, 2013
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
If you shoot a semiauto you will be able to carry any legal handgun. If you qualify with a revolver you will be able to carry any handgun, including a revolver or derringer, except for a semiauto.
If you shoot a semiauto you will be able to carry any legal handgun. If you qualify with a revolver you will be able to carry any handgun, including a revolver or derringer, except for a semiauto.
that is a TEXAS stipulation
Tally, hunting and pecking ... googling Texas law for what? CHL ... concealed handgun license and when you can carry or what you carry?... What was the original question?... deviating from the original question, again? Happens a lot doesn't it? Jeez!... over and over and it gets boring ... so does google, copy & paste on things most of us already know ... we want things we don't already know or most of us don't already know ...

Let me give you an example of the crux of why I even got involved in the yall's discussion, ie., registration of a firearm in Texas ...

Sissy sells me her Glock 9 with 4 magazines and 5 boxes of hollow point bullets, okay? I DO NOT have to register that gun with the Feds, the State, the county and/or city ... NO ONE!... as a courtesy, she may give me a bill of sale and we both may sign same and I may give her a copy of my driver's license and the bill of sale but IT IS NOT NECESSARY! Ever!...

I DO NOT have to have a separate license for each gun I tote around ... FYI: Texas also has reciprocity agreements with Arkansas, Louisiana, Arizona, Oklahoma, Florida and Tennessee.

Of note: The City of Austin has a program called Guns for Groceries ... on an appointed date and time the City of Austin will hold this program where food vouchers are given to get guns off the street ... No questions asked! These guns may or may not have been used in commission of a crime, who knows ... The person gives the gun to the Austin Police Department official and in return gets a food voucher ... yet, across the street, there are people bringing their guns/rifles/semi-automatics and/or other type of armory to possibly right minded people (or not) to get those same guns "off the street" in exchange for money ... Those people buying those guns DO NOT have to register those guns with the Feds, the State, County and/or the City, either! No one!... all, right in plain sight of the Austin Police Department ... sounds crazy, right? But it happens ...

If I so chose, I will register my weapons because, to me, it's the right thing to do! They are kept in a safe place ... I can take all my weapons apart, blindfolded, and put them back together ... No one, will take my guns from me ... I'm a long time member of the NRA ... The 2nd amendment means a lot to me ...

I know you to be knowledgeable about a lot of things, Tally, but not about everything! Knowing a whole about something and a whole lot about nothing can be a drag, lol ... Stick to the topic and the question! It'll make your life around here much easier ... FC

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#4319 Mar 3, 2013
Dr-Sniper wrote:
<quoted text>
So according to Denny, one can carry multiple firearms using one permit in Texas.
Show where law dictates one permit one handgun.
what state you in Florida , not Boynton Beach, Florida area humm

listen get your posse together we are going to have a shoot-out

original yes he did as well as you did.. but as you can see he discovered

your words ...

Dr-Sniper wrote:
<quoted text>

but if you take the test with a revolver that is all you can carry

Location hidden

#4320 Mar 3, 2013
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>what state you in Florida , not Boynton Beach, Florida area humm

listen get your posse together we are going to have a shoot-out

original yes he did as well as you did.. but as you can see he discovered

your words ...

Dr-Sniper wrote:
<quoted text>

but if you take the test with a revolver that is all you can carry
More talking in circles. It's getting old.

If you take the test with a revolver, you can carry a revolver or a Derringer. Not only the revolver you tested with. You can use any revolver you own or any Derringer you own. And the revolvers or Derringers DO NOT have to be registered.

Level 5

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#4321 Mar 3, 2013
justaguess wrote:
Seat belt laws..
Ok...back in the day, the speed limit was 70, most families had one car and it was the family car, children had respect when mom & dad handed them the keys and they didn't wanna f that up.Not so much now.
You're an idiot.

Don't take that the wrong way- I don't mean it as an insult.

I mean it as a warning to others who would waste their time reading two sentences into what you have to say.

Seat belts have saved- easily- 250,000 lives.

PS: speeds are faster now than when they were in the 60s and certainly the 50s.
Force Majeure

Sweden

#4322 Mar 3, 2013
Dr-Sniper wrote:
<quoted text>
..... seatbelts ..... People should have the right to choose to wear them
Luckily, your government has more sense than you.
Dr-Sniper wrote:
<quoted text>Prove that controlling guns saves lives!
Gosh darn it! You sure got me there, huh! I have no idea how I can prove that gun control would save lives except for the fact that without guns EVERY SINGLE PERSON who was killed by a gun would have lived longer.

No guns = No death by guns
Conrolling guns = Less guns
Less guns = Less death by guns
Less death by guns = More broken noses(oh well!)

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#4323 Mar 4, 2013
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Tally, hunting and pecking ... googling Texas law for what? CHL ... concealed handgun license and when you can carry or what you carry?... What was the original question?... deviating from the original question, again? Happens a lot doesn't it? Jeez!... over and over and it gets boring ... so does google, copy & paste on things most of us already know ... we want things we don't already know or most of us don't already know ...
Let me give you an example of the crux of why I even got involved in the yall's discussion, ie., registration of a firearm in Texas ...
Sissy sells me her Glock 9 with 4 magazines and 5 boxes of hollow point bullets, okay? I DO NOT have to register that gun with the Feds, the State, the county and/or city ... NO ONE!... as a courtesy, she may give me a bill of sale and we both may sign same and I may give her a copy of my driver's license and the bill of sale but IT IS NOT NECESSARY! Ever!...
I DO NOT have to have a separate license for each gun I tote around ... FYI: Texas also has reciprocity agreements with Arkansas, Louisiana, Arizona, Oklahoma, Florida and Tennessee.
Of note: The City of Austin has a program called Guns for Groceries ... on an appointed date and time the City of Austin will hold this program where food vouchers are given to get guns off the street ... No questions asked! These guns may or may not have been used in commission of a crime, who knows ... The person gives the gun to the Austin Police Department official and in return gets a food voucher ... yet, across the street, there are people bringing their guns/rifles/semi-automatics and/or other type of armory to possibly right minded people (or not) to get those same guns "off the street" in exchange for money ... Those people buying those guns DO NOT have to register those guns with the Feds, the State, County and/or the City, either! No one!... all, right in plain sight of the Austin Police Department ... sounds crazy, right? But it happens ...
If I so chose, I will register my weapons because, to me, it's the right thing to do! They are kept in a safe place ... I can take all my weapons apart, blindfolded, and put them back together ... No one, will take my guns from me ... I'm a long time member of the NRA ... The 2nd amendment means a lot to me ...
I know you to be knowledgeable about a lot of things, Tally, but not about everything! Knowing a whole about something and a whole lot about nothing can be a drag, lol ... Stick to the topic and the question! It'll make your life around here much easier ... FC
i didn't say you have to register gun , i said when you carry off premises then you register via a license/permit whatever: you want to jump in this dog at least know what the dog fight is about and your state laws , don't worry about me

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#4324 Mar 4, 2013
Dr-Sniper wrote:
<quoted text>
If you take the test with a revolver, you can carry a revolver or a Derringer. Not only the revolver you tested with. You can use any revolver you own or any Derringer you own. And the revolvers or Derringers DO NOT have to be registered.
yes , kinda like a car: saying if you can drive a semi then you also qualify for a bus/limo etc etc , like a gun if you can handle a revolver you can also hand others , not that you get to carry everything under the sun ...with a single permit

tell me again how you need a wantabe ar-15 for what motorcycle gangs at a light ,

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#4325 Mar 4, 2013
Dr-Sniper wrote:
<quoted text>
now what is the name of that state again ???????

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#4326 Mar 4, 2013
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
no miss disappointing , the original statement was ..

registration ..... some state on premises no need to , but all carry is registered via a license/permit/ a note from mommie but it is recorded one damn way or another ...

now run back to the posse circle the wagons ...

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#4327 Mar 4, 2013
that should keep you busy for the day ..

and hunt your state laws , I have my own

“Why call 911? 1911 is faster”

Level 4

Wesley Chapel, FL

#4328 Mar 4, 2013
Dr-Sniper wrote:
<quoted text>
Smoke and mirrors again!
My CCP allows me to carry any handgun I own. It does not state make, model, caliber and serial number. I can carry 10 different handguns in 10 consecutive days if I wish to, and I will not be breaking any laws.
You are confusing the permit being registered vs. the handgun being registered.
I understand where he’s coming from. NYS does tie the gun to the carry permit. He’s assuming the rest of the nation is like that.

Level 4

Wesley Chapel, FL

#4329 Mar 4, 2013
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
yep report it ... switch to this ID for what a day or two??
I DO BELIEVE SWEETIE YOU ARE :
Looking for attention on Usenet
Makin' up fibs ev'ry night and day
And you never lost a minute of sleep
Worrying 'bout what others think
you say.
Phrases they keep on turning.
Flames gonna keep on burning.
Trolling
trolling
I post everything under the one name. That’s your usual accusation when proven wrong.

How is revealing your plagiarized source posting fibs?

How would posting here be construed wanting attention on Usenet? Do you know what Usenet is? Clearly not.

Level 4

Wesley Chapel, FL

#4330 Mar 4, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why did they put seat belts in cars?
Is there a law that requires that you use them where you live?
Why is that?
Because of laws requiring seat belts, it has been estimated that over 250,000 lives have been saved.
Time to start saving lives lost because of idiots like yourself who insist you have special rights.
You don't.
What right does the state have to tell me I must wear a seatbelt? It’s my life and if I don’t mind accepting the slightly increased risk by not wearing it that should be my right.

This is where you get lost. Your ill-informed opinion is strictly result driven. You would sacrifice freedom of others to obtain a result.

Who’s looking for special rights? Last I checked owning a firearm is a constitutionally protected right. A right people such as you would gladly infringe for *perceived* security.

Level 4

Wesley Chapel, FL

#4331 Mar 4, 2013
Dr-Sniper wrote:
<quoted text>
Again PROVE IT! You've posted repeatedly trying to use slight of hand, but never produce a shred of evidence that a concealed carry permit in Florida or Georgia require registration of the firearm carried, or requires make, model, caliber, and serial number of the firearm carried.
Telling me I'm full of chit doesn't constitute proof. Give documented proof and state your source mr. Law library, former judge.
Judges being that stupid explains so much!
He’s been given law which prohibits registration for both Florida and Georgia. He’s been given law tied to the permits. He’s been given photos of the permits. He still continues to claim the permit is registration.

Level 4

Wesley Chapel, FL

#4332 Mar 4, 2013
tallyho wrote:
cemeteries are full of people who thought they were right,,,,,,DEAD RIGHT
We’re all granted the same reward at the end. What’s your point?

You’re wrong on the subject of CCW permits. Man up, admit you’re wrong. There’s no shame.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Words or names starting and ending with the sam... 5 min whatimeisit 208
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 7 min Just TLC 28,501
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 21 min CJ Rocker 145,230
Name something that gets past around (Feb '14) 43 min SimplyLoveYou 540
Pair Took Selfie With Dead Friend, Dumped Body:... 53 min SimplyLoveYou 5
What's your tip for the day? 1 hr SLY WEST 807
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 1 hr wondering 115,228
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 4 hr -Lea- 18,602
Fergson Police Dept. 6 hr A TROLL NAMED SLACK 366
•••