“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#4146 Mar 1, 2013
Wyoming Concealed Carry Permit Restrictions
Any lawful gun owner who is a resident of Wyoming can apply for a concealed carry permit from the office of the state Attorney General. A background check will be run on anyone who applies for a concealed carry permit. Once that permit has been issued, the gun owner needs to carry it with them when they are also carrying the weapon. If the permit is lost or there is a change in contact information, the permit holder must notify the Attorney General's office within 30 days or risk losing the permit.

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#4147 Mar 1, 2013
Carrying a Concealed Firearm in Alaska
While there are no permits issued for carrying a concealed rifle or shotgun, any person 21 years or older may obtain a permit to carry a concealed handgun. Any person lawfully carrying a concealed handgun must inform a police officer that he is carrying such a weapon if approached by an officer in any context. He or she must also allow the officer to take the handgun for the duration of the contact.

In order to obtain a permit to carry a concealed handgun in Alaska, the applicant must (1) be at least 21 years of age,(2) be eligible to possess a firearm under state and federal law,(3) be a resident of Alaska for at least 90 days preceding the application,(4) have not been convicted of two or more Class A misdemeanors within the preceding six years,(5) not currently or within three years been ordered by a court to complete an alcohol or substance abuse program, and (6) demonstrate competence with handguns.

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#4148 Mar 1, 2013
Purchasing firearms in the state of Arizona is not unlike purchasing firearms in any other state. Certain rules apply in order to do so and only certain individuals are allowed to. No permit is required to purchase rifles, shotguns, or handguns in Arizona. No registration is necessary for rifles, shotguns, or handguns. The owners of rifles, shotguns, and handguns do not need to be licensed to own them. No permit is necessary to carry a rifle or a shotgun but a permit is necessary to carry a handgun in Arizona.

but a permit is necessary to carry a handgun in Arizona.

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#4149 Mar 1, 2013
Gun Control Laws
Because Vermont has so little restriction on firearms, only certain laws apply. It is a state requirement that all gun dealers keep filed records of any and all handguns purchases. Vermont citizens are prohibited from carrying a firearm onto courthouse property or school property. Vermont law prevents local law enforcement from regulating the transfer of, the possession of, the registration of, the ownership of, or the licensing of any kind of firearm.

**It is a state requirement that all gun dealers keep filed records of any and all handguns purchases.

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#4150 Mar 1, 2013
Permit refers to a written or oral authorization to do something. It is a certificate or document evidencing permission; a license. For example, a gun permit.

Registration means:
The act of recording or enrolling. For example, Criminal registration- many states have strict registration laws

A license or permit is an offical authorization to do something that the person would not be entitled to do without the license or permit.
Force Majeure

Stockholm, Sweden

#4151 Mar 1, 2013
Force Majeure wrote:
<quoted text>You're an idiot.
eternal chump wrote:
<quoted text>
Youíre so clever.
Now that we've got that settled we can get back to the subject of cowards needing guns.
Force Majeure

Stockholm, Sweden

#4152 Mar 1, 2013
eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
This is what I replied to. Where exactly did you mention statute of limitations?
Rather than try to explain "what she said" and "what I said" and "what she said" and "what I said" and "what she said" and "what I said" I think it's better that you scroll up to see for yourself what it is and how it was introduced. Really, if you want (I mean REALLY want) to understand how the discussion progressed and got round to the question of "statue of limitation" it's no good for you (or me) to rely on my paraphrasing.
eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>While on that thought. Why have a statute of limitation? Start here, itís a decent explanation
I have no doubt that you are right. Unfortunately, it has absolutely nothing to do with the discussion because it doesn't apply to crime or its statistics.

“You think so?”

Level 8

Since: Nov 12

Greensburg, IN

#4153 Mar 2, 2013
Now I got it all straight(???)

“Why call 911? 1911 is faster”

Level 4

Since: Feb 08

Wesley Chapel, FL

#4154 Mar 2, 2013
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
duh states so right there... may own, own Owner license required? No No None
now to take it from your abode to ????
Carry licenses issued? No Yes
no matter what ID you use you are dumb as a mud PIE
No license required to take it from my home. In both Florida and Georgia you may carry it in your vehicle loaded without permit. You may also carry it on your property or the property of others with permission without a permit.

The permit allows carry on person in public spaces. There are some limitations to where it allows carry.

Save your duh. You were trying to tie the carry permit to gun registration. In NYS that would be true, most other places itís not.

Are you capable of disagreement without hurling a childish insult? Itís exceptionally foolish to call someone dumb when youíre wrong on a subject.

Level 4

Wesley Chapel, FL

#4155 Mar 2, 2013
tallyho wrote:
Wyoming Concealed Carry Permit Restrictions
Any lawful gun owner who is a resident of Wyoming can apply for a concealed carry permit from the office of the state Attorney General. A background check will be run on anyone who applies for a concealed carry permit. Once that permit has been issued, the gun owner needs to carry it with them when they are also carrying the weapon. If the permit is lost or there is a change in contact information, the permit holder must notify the Attorney General's office within 30 days or risk losing the permit.
Thatís still not gun registration as youíve claimed.

Level 4

Wesley Chapel, FL

#4156 Mar 2, 2013
tallyho wrote:
Carrying a Concealed Firearm in Alaska
While there are no permits issued for carrying a concealed rifle or shotgun, any person 21 years or older may obtain a permit to carry a concealed handgun. Any person lawfully carrying a concealed handgun must inform a police officer that he is carrying such a weapon if approached by an officer in any context. He or she must also allow the officer to take the handgun for the duration of the contact.
In order to obtain a permit to carry a concealed handgun in Alaska, the applicant must (1) be at least 21 years of age,(2) be eligible to possess a firearm under state and federal law,(3) be a resident of Alaska for at least 90 days preceding the application,(4) have not been convicted of two or more Class A misdemeanors within the preceding six years,(5) not currently or within three years been ordered by a court to complete an alcohol or substance abuse program, and (6) demonstrate competence with handguns.
Why would Alaska offer a permit when they donít require one to carry in Alaska? The answer is more obvious than youíll accept.

Cite the source of your information?

Level 4

Wesley Chapel, FL

#4157 Mar 2, 2013
tallyho wrote:
Purchasing firearms in the state of Arizona is not unlike purchasing firearms in any other state. Certain rules apply in order to do so and only certain individuals are allowed to. No permit is required to purchase rifles, shotguns, or handguns in Arizona. No registration is necessary for rifles, shotguns, or handguns. The owners of rifles, shotguns, and handguns do not need to be licensed to own them. No permit is necessary to carry a rifle or a shotgun but a permit is necessary to carry a handgun in Arizona.
but a permit is necessary to carry a handgun in Arizona.
Your information on Arizona is dated. Arizona adopted constitutional carry in 2010.

Level 4

Wesley Chapel, FL

#4158 Mar 2, 2013
tallyho wrote:
Gun Control Laws
Because Vermont has so little restriction on firearms, only certain laws apply. It is a state requirement that all gun dealers keep filed records of any and all handguns purchases. Vermont citizens are prohibited from carrying a firearm onto courthouse property or school property. Vermont law prevents local law enforcement from regulating the transfer of, the possession of, the registration of, the ownership of, or the licensing of any kind of firearm.
**It is a state requirement that all gun dealers keep filed records of any and all handguns purchases.
The state law is meaningless. Dealers are required to maintain 4473 forms for 20 years.

Level 4

Wesley Chapel, FL

#4159 Mar 2, 2013
Force Majeure wrote:
<quoted text>
Rather than try to explain "what she said" and "what I said" and "what she said" and "what I said" and "what she said" and "what I said" I think it's better that you scroll up to see for yourself what it is and how it was introduced. Really, if you want (I mean REALLY want) to understand how the discussion progressed and got round to the question of "statue of limitation" it's no good for you (or me) to rely on my paraphrasing.
<quoted text>
I have no doubt that you are right. Unfortunately, it has absolutely nothing to do with the discussion because it doesn't apply to crime or its statistics.
So any reply to you must contain reference to all other facets of the discussion? Really?

“You think so?”

Level 8

Greensburg, IN

#4160 Mar 2, 2013
demonstrate competence with handguns.
OWE! there's the rub!
What, maybe 20% of gun owners could do that?
I don't know but I think it would be interesting to find out.
Now there's something the government can spend 'our' money on that would be worthwhile.

“You think so?”

Level 8

Greensburg, IN

#4161 Mar 2, 2013
Yes, I know it's required for a 'carry permit';
but in some states that means nothing. But what
about the rest of these {yahoos} out here?

Level 5

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#4162 Mar 2, 2013
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
Zimm hasn't been convicted , only charged
I am responsible for what I actually say, not for what you have to make up to try and fail to make a point.

And the pedophile zimmerman has an arrest record and a history of violence.

No matter how hard you stomp your feet.

Level 5

Location hidden

#4163 Mar 2, 2013
Dr-Sniper wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not just my state. Here you go:
Why don't you show us the "list" of state...s that do not require a permit for concealed to carry concealed so you can start working on the story were you can do that...

Level 5

Location hidden

#4164 Mar 2, 2013
Dr-Sniper wrote:
Do liberals always have to change definitions to attempt making a point?
I guess the tea baggers called they have the right to move goalposts already.

Where states will go is: issue licenses for gun ownerships, which will make private background checks easier to enforce and punish and reduce straw purchases.

Level 5

Location hidden

#4165 Mar 2, 2013
Dr-Sniper wrote:
<quoted text>
Lmao! I'm not telling you what state I'm from.
Then you shouldn't insist what one rights are provided by the state you won't say you live in.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
last word - first (Jun '12) 3 min whatimeisit 6,945
Name 3 things better then sex or money .... 4 min Grace Nerissa 15
Last Word - Spelled Out G*A*M*E 5 min Hoosier Hillbilly 55
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 8 min Aura Mytha 116,702
A Look At American Jihadis: Why Do They Fight? 9 min Grace Nerissa 4
Make a Story / 4 Words Only (Nov '08) 14 min Grace Nerissa 24,133
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 16 min Grace Nerissa 36,493
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 19 min Scarbelly Bob 147,208
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 2 hr Nikola Tesla 20,520
Cop Car Slams Into Dunkin' Donuts 2 hr wichita-rick 6
What Could Be Sweet,...? 2 hr SLY WEST 39
•••

Weird People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••