Only cowards need guns

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#4129 Mar 1, 2013
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>you are full of crap ..what is your state...I will look in up at the law library tomorrow
Lmao! I'm not telling you what state I'm from.
Do you deny that a carry permit is not gun registration?
My carry permit allows me to carry any handgun I own without said handgun being registered.

“Why call 911? 1911 is faster”

Level 4

Since: Feb 08

Wesley Chapel, FL

#4130 Mar 1, 2013
Force Majeure wrote:
<quoted text>
You're an idiot.
Youíre so clever.
Family Man

Portland, OR

#4131 Mar 1, 2013
Fine! We'll put a sign on the yard in front of your house saying "gun free zone" and then we'll put a sign in front of my house next door with an arrow pointing to yours, saying "my neighbor doesn't believe in guns" Ė and then we'll see who the home intruder rapist murderer theives pay attention to!

Level 4

Wesley Chapel, FL

#4132 Mar 1, 2013
Force Majeure wrote:
<quoted text>
But a crime has still been committed and the statistic of it having been committed isn't erased by some sort of "statute of limitation". I suppose you think crimes that have been committed before a certain period (limited statute) are magically vaporized and from then on it is not possible to know the crime every took place because it's reached a point of "limitation"? Oh boy! You don't feel very well, do you.
This is what I replied to. Where exactly did you mention statute of limitations?
Force Majeure wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you are wrong.
Do you do know the diff between a crime (or the statistic of that crime) and being charged with that crime?.... nope you don't. You ought to know the diff .... they're in your own words, "states charges must be filed against a suspect". CHARGE - CRIME. No same ting man.
While on that thought. Why have a statute of limitation? Start here, itís a decent explanation

So, just why do we have these statutes of limitations, anyway?

"We don't want (people) living under a sword of Damocles," said Doug Godfrey, a law professor at Chicago-Kent College of Law. "If you haven't reoffended Ö and you lived a law-abiding life, you shouldn't be under this."

Statute of limitations laws have been an integral part of jurisprudence for more than 1,000 years, Godfrey said. They are intended not only to protect those accused of crimes, but also to maintain efficiency in criminal courts.

"How can a defendant get a fair trial if authorities sit on something so long that evidence is no longer provable?" said Robert Loeb, former chairman of the criminal justice section of the Illinois Bar Association. "The efficiency of the whole system goes downhill. Who can describe what happened 15 years ago? Source: http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2011-12-08...

If you actually committed a crime youíre still guilty of that crime even if the statute of limitations runs out, just not legally guilty. Just as if youíre found not guilty of a crime by jury youíre still guilty if you actually committed the crime, just not legally.

Your problem is youíre incapable of critical thinking. Imagine a system of justice which doesnít contain both double jeopardy protection and statute of limitations. Would you want to live in that society?

Level 4

Wesley Chapel, FL

#4133 Mar 1, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Gosh: the gun gnutters are slow to attribute criminal behavior where there is none to protect someone carrying a gun even when he has been already convicted of a crime.
Funny how that is.
The Pedophile zimmerman case in Florida, for example.
What a grand way to show maturity.

Evidence George Zimmerman is a pedophile? Youíre projecting again.

Level 4

Wesley Chapel, FL

#4134 Mar 1, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, my answer was just as correct as your "what if." Unless you're a true psychic (in which case you'd be at the dog track instead of here), no one can tell what might have happened had he just handed of the pizza and cell phone.
And I've delivered more than my share of pizzas when I was a kid. Getting shot at goes with the territory.
The chain I worked for had a mandate for all of their drivers - "When threatened - give them the pizza and the money - your life isn't worth $35."
Forget the ďwhat-ifĒ. Work on the question I posed for a moment.

Would you mandate someone wait to defend themselves until theyíre assaulted or killed? At what point do you find self-defense acceptable?

Level 4

Wesley Chapel, FL

#4135 Mar 1, 2013
Force Majeure wrote:
<quoted text>
"Often"? Care to share with us some statistics on how "often" this happens or did you think you could just spice it up a bit by tossing in a made-up fact for a sensational effect?
Try reading news now and then.

I lived in a violent city for 26 years. It was common for victims to be shot even if they cooperated.

Tell you what. You hold the thought of rolling over and playing the role of victim. If the day comes weíll find out whoís right.

Are all Swedes cowards?

Level 4

Wesley Chapel, FL

#4136 Mar 1, 2013
tallyho wrote:
info:
Main article: Gun laws in Florida
Subject/Law Long guns Handguns
State license to Purchase? No No
Firearm registration? No No None
"Assault weapon" law? No No None
Owner license required? No No None
Carry licenses issued? No Yes
Permit isnít registration. In Florida you may own pistols and rifles without a carry permit. You can carry a loaded weapon in your vehicle with no permit.

The permit allows you to carry concealed in public. Go north to Georgia the permit allows you to carry the weapon either concealed or openly. Itís not registration.

In NY where you are the pistol is indeed tied to your carry permit. Thatís not the case with most states.
Family Man

Portland, OR

#4137 Mar 1, 2013
I say, gun control means hitting your target!

Level 4

Wesley Chapel, FL

#4138 Mar 1, 2013
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
ps: like a drivers license , not going to sit here and discuss who has what
passenger /limo/commercial/equipment etc etc etc
you can have a security license/Premises/transport etc etc ,
but every state a hand gun is recorded
Youíre absolutely wrong. Youíre assuming NY law is applicable other places.

Florida has no idea how many pistols I own. They only know Iím a concealed carry permit holder. Unlike NYS my permit doesnít list which pistols Iím permitted to carry.

There are constitutional carry states. Alaska, Arizona, Vermont and Wyoming require no permit to carry. About a dozen other states have pending legislation. This means thereís no permit of any kind to carry or own.

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#4139 Mar 1, 2013
Dr-Sniper wrote:
<quoted text>
Lmao! I'm not telling you what state I'm from.
Do you deny that a carry permit is not gun registration?
My carry permit allows me to carry any handgun I own without said handgun being registered.
and you are full of crap .... what a candy azz

Location hidden

#4140 Mar 1, 2013
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>and you are full of crap .... what a candy azz
What a shocker, insults from a liberal when he is wrong.

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#4141 Mar 1, 2013
eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
Permit isnít registration. In Florida you may own pistols and rifles without a carry permit. You can carry a loaded weapon in your vehicle with no permit.
The permit allows you to carry concealed in public. Go north to Georgia the permit allows you to carry the weapon either concealed or openly. Itís not registration.
In NY where you are the pistol is indeed tied to your carry permit. Thatís not the case with most states.
duh states so right there... may own, own Owner license required? No No None

now to take it from your abode to ????
Carry licenses issued? No Yes

no matter what ID you use you are dumb as a mud PIE

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#4142 Mar 1, 2013
Dr-Sniper wrote:
<quoted text>
What a shocker, insults from a liberal when he is wrong.
back your mouth up . I don't have to hide live in New york

and you, just a little south of Tampa ...

you are dumb

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#4143 Mar 1, 2013
eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
Youíre absolutely wrong. Youíre assuming NY law is applicable other places.
Florida has no idea how many pistols I own. They only know Iím a concealed carry permit holder. Unlike NYS my permit doesnít list which pistols Iím permitted to carry.
There are constitutional carry states. Alaska, Arizona, Vermont and Wyoming require no permit to carry. About a dozen other states have pending legislation. This means thereís no permit of any kind to carry or own.
now if you can read , I believe I stated this a day ago..

[Has been crowned Reigning Champ][Really knows how to score][Early adopter]

JE T'AIME

Reply Ľ
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Thursday

Judged:
[Interesting]

[Brilliant]

[Agree]

Dr-Sniper wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe in your State.
There are numerous types of firearms licenses. Be specific.
I have a CCP that blows your definition out of the water. It is a firearms license. It does not register or require registration of my firearm. It allows me to carry my firearm concealed.
Next?

you do know the diff between a long and short , a shoulder and a side arm , a rifle and a pistol .... nope you don't

50 states 50 codes ... you didn't know you had 50 states either ..........

all the ass [you] said is you have an ex-amount of unregistered firearms , could all be shotguns for all I know and you tell me to be specific ...

so stuff it whiner

50 states 50 codes
50 states 50 codes
50 states 50 codes
50 states 50 codes

god I love ya what a good witness you are

Location hidden

#4144 Mar 1, 2013
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>back your mouth up . I don't have to hide live in New york

and you, just a little south of Tampa ...

you are dumb
That's exactly why I won't tell you in which state I reside. You are always fishing for information, accusing people of being other people, reporting perfectly acceptable posts, and generally trolling.
You have already accused me of being about 4 or 5 other posters. If I tell you my state, you'll accuse me of being every poster from the same state.
Accusing me of being full of crap while you stick your head in the sand is not going to pressure me into telling you anything I'm not comfortable telling you.
Eternal Cynic already offered 2 states that you can reference in the law library tomorrow. I have a feeling you will move on to another subject tomorrow if you actually bother looking it up. Or, you will likely try talking around the facts in an attempt to save face.

“ASPIRE 2 INSPIRE B4 U EXPIRE”

Level 8

Since: Jul 08

USA

#4145 Mar 1, 2013
HERE COME DA JUDGE!

HERE COME DA JUDGE!

HERE COME DA JUDGE!

HERE COME DA JUDGE!

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#4146 Mar 1, 2013
Wyoming Concealed Carry Permit Restrictions
Any lawful gun owner who is a resident of Wyoming can apply for a concealed carry permit from the office of the state Attorney General. A background check will be run on anyone who applies for a concealed carry permit. Once that permit has been issued, the gun owner needs to carry it with them when they are also carrying the weapon. If the permit is lost or there is a change in contact information, the permit holder must notify the Attorney General's office within 30 days or risk losing the permit.

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#4147 Mar 1, 2013
Carrying a Concealed Firearm in Alaska
While there are no permits issued for carrying a concealed rifle or shotgun, any person 21 years or older may obtain a permit to carry a concealed handgun. Any person lawfully carrying a concealed handgun must inform a police officer that he is carrying such a weapon if approached by an officer in any context. He or she must also allow the officer to take the handgun for the duration of the contact.

In order to obtain a permit to carry a concealed handgun in Alaska, the applicant must (1) be at least 21 years of age,(2) be eligible to possess a firearm under state and federal law,(3) be a resident of Alaska for at least 90 days preceding the application,(4) have not been convicted of two or more Class A misdemeanors within the preceding six years,(5) not currently or within three years been ordered by a court to complete an alcohol or substance abuse program, and (6) demonstrate competence with handguns.

“....VETS”

Level 9

WELCOME HOME

#4148 Mar 1, 2013
Purchasing firearms in the state of Arizona is not unlike purchasing firearms in any other state. Certain rules apply in order to do so and only certain individuals are allowed to. No permit is required to purchase rifles, shotguns, or handguns in Arizona. No registration is necessary for rifles, shotguns, or handguns. The owners of rifles, shotguns, and handguns do not need to be licensed to own them. No permit is necessary to carry a rifle or a shotgun but a permit is necessary to carry a handgun in Arizona.

but a permit is necessary to carry a handgun in Arizona.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Names, A to Z, ... (Aug '12) 3 min andet1987 2,212
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 5 min Shavin Marvin 195,415
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 6 min ImFree2Choose 59,084
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 7 min ImFree2Choose 34,551
Anything Biggest, Largest, Tallest, Best, you'd... 9 min andet1987 17
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 13 min Blessing of the S... 43,782
+=Keep 1 Drop 1=+ 3 STACK (Mar '13) 14 min Princess Hey 9,703
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 19 min Better late than ... 55,696
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) 2 hr Oh the irony 5,332
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 2 hr Sublime1 189,256
Transgender bathrooms .... thoughts? 3 hr Downfall of America 82
Answer a question with a question (Apr '15) 4 hr KNIGHT DeVINE 1,783
More from around the web