Only cowards need guns

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Level 9

Since: Aug 07

Orion's Belt

#4105 Mar 1, 2013
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
from DC huh .........
Washinton DC (district of Columbia) isn't in a state. it is it's own district. a long time ago when the states were fighting over who would have the capitol they decided to make a seperate place for Washington so that no state could claim it.
Voting rights of citizens in the District of Columbia differ from the rights of citizens in each of the 50 U.S. states. The United States Constitution grants each state voting representation in both houses of the United States Congress. As the U.S. capital, the District of Columbia is a special federal district, not a state, and therefore does not have voting representation in the Congress. The Constitution grants the Congress exclusive jurisdiction over the District in "all cases whatsoever."
In the United States House of Representatives, the District is represented by a delegate, who is not allowed to vote on the House floor but can vote on procedural matters and in congressional committees.
Tallyho, it is still an area of America and deserved mentioning. Because it is not a state, makes it no less America. Regardless of how it is screwing the rest of the country.

Thank you for this info. Was helpful.

Have a good day.

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#4106 Mar 1, 2013
Force Majeure wrote:
<quoted text>
But a crime has still been committed and the statistic of it having been committed isn't erased by some sort of "statute of limitation". I suppose you think crimes that have been committed before a certain period (limited statute) are magically vaporized and from then on it is not possible to know the crime every took place because it's reached a point of "limitation"? Oh boy! You don't feel very well, do you.
did you ever consider that some people are right besides you

FACT:
Time limit for charges expires in $1.9M heist : Rutland ...
Today marks the seven-year anniversary of the Berkshire Armored Car Co. robbery in Rutland,... Statutes of limitations exist to ensure fair trials for the accused ..

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#4107 Mar 1, 2013
DC tells it like it is wrote:
<quoted text>
Tallyho, it is still an area of America and deserved mentioning. Because it is not a state, makes it no less America. Regardless of how it is screwing the rest of the country.
Thank you for this info. Was helpful.
Have a good day.
am not disagreeing... it is still American... just want you and the rest to know that officially Congress presides overall on the District of Columbia

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Level 9

Since: Aug 07

Orion's Belt

#4108 Mar 1, 2013
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
am not disagreeing... it is still American... just want you and the rest to know that officially Congress presides overall on the District of Columbia
Oh, I knew you were not disagreeing. Indeed Congress presides overall.

Congress or Congo. What the hell is the difference anymore.

Democratic Republic of the Congo...Sounds good to me.

Don't get me wrong. Am extremely patriotic. My heart goes to all that have served to keep America free. I would take a stand and die for this land of America....but don't ask me how I feel about Congress, the House, or at the moment, O'bam. Am a bit dazed over it all.

All in all, I have improved my angst now that ..that wee bushmonkey is gone. Something else for the woodwork to keep!

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#4109 Mar 1, 2013
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>well I have cash against your check , knowing reading isn't your forte .... a bet ... now explain
Explain what? There is no requirement to register a firearm in my state. I carry a handgun every day. It's not registered. I hunt with several different rifles, shotguns, and large handguns. None of them are registered. All of them are perfectly legal.

“"*" Always Thinking "*"”

Level 8

Since: Nov 12

Hoosierville

#4111 Mar 1, 2013
Force Majeure
Stockholm, Sweden
this'ns 4 "U"!

Level 5

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#4112 Mar 1, 2013
eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
Now being charged with a crime is not the same as committing a crime.
Gosh: the gun gnutters are slow to attribute criminal behavior where there is none to protect someone carrying a gun even when he has been already convicted of a crime.

Funny how that is.

The Pedophile zimmerman case in Florida, for example.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

#4115 Mar 1, 2013
eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn’t always work that way. Often when victims of crime co-operate they’re assaulted or killed anyway.
Would you mandate someone wait to defend themselves until they’re assaulted or killed?
Again, my answer was just as correct as your "what if." Unless you're a true psychic (in which case you'd be at the dog track instead of here), no one can tell what might have happened had he just handed of the pizza and cell phone.

And I've delivered more than my share of pizzas when I was a kid. Getting shot at goes with the territory.

The chain I worked for had a mandate for all of their drivers - "When threatened - give them the pizza and the money - your life isn't worth $35."

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#4117 Mar 1, 2013
DC tells it like it is wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I knew you were not disagreeing. Indeed Congress presides overall.
Congress or Congo. What the hell is the difference anymore.
Democratic Republic of the Congo...Sounds good to me.
Don't get me wrong. Am extremely patriotic. My heart goes to all that have served to keep America free. I would take a stand and die for this land of America....but don't ask me how I feel about Congress, the House, or at the moment, O'bam. Am a bit dazed over it all.
All in all, I have improved my angst now that ..that wee bushmonkey is gone. Something else for the woodwork to keep!
clarify ..........

The District of Columbia is really considered a city, rather than a state..... it has a mayor rather than a governor.

Originally, the city was run by federally-appointed overseers, with the first group appointed by President George Washington in 1790..... the United States passed the District of Columbia Home Rule Act, which created mayoral elections and gave some power over local issues to the mayor and city council.

The United States Congress still retains ultimate authority over the District, and can still overturn any mayoral or council decisions.

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#4118 Mar 1, 2013
Dr-Sniper wrote:
<quoted text>
Explain what? There is no requirement to register a firearm in my state. I carry a handgun every day. It's not registered. I hunt with several different rifles, shotguns, and large handguns. None of them are registered. All of them are perfectly legal.
better name that state , you may buy one without registration but you can't carry one , name the state

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#4119 Mar 1, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Gosh: the gun gnutters are slow to attribute criminal behavior where there is none to protect someone carrying a gun even when he has been already convicted of a crime.
Funny how that is.
The Pedophile zimmerman case in Florida, for example.
Zimm hasn't been convicted , only charged

A formal accusation of an offense which is the preliminary step to prosecution.... example “A was charged with the murder of his wife.”

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#4120 Mar 1, 2013
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>better name that state , you may buy one without registration but you can't carry one , name the state
It's not just my state. Here you go:
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_th...
Scroll down to contents. Click on each state. It tells you whether registration is required or not.

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#4121 Mar 1, 2013
Dr-Sniper wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not just my state. Here you go:
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_th...
Scroll down to contents. Click on each state. It tells you whether registration is required or not.
you do see these powerful three little words ..........

"Carry permits issued?"...... yes

so please , in some you can own/buy but still need a permit to carry

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#4122 Mar 1, 2013
info:
Main article: Gun laws in Florida

Subject/Law Long guns Handguns

State license to Purchase? No No
Firearm registration? No No None
"Assault weapon" law? No No None
Owner license required? No No None
Carry licenses issued? No Yes

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#4123 Mar 1, 2013
Chapter 790.06 Allows concealed possession of handguns, electronic weapons or devices, tear gas guns, knives, or billies, but not long guns or machine guns per Chapter 790.06(1). Concealed carry only; no open carry of firearms allowed, even with license, except when hunting, fishing, camping, or while practice shooting and while traveling to and from those activities.

“"*" Always Thinking "*"”

Level 8

Since: Nov 12

Hoosierville

#4124 Mar 1, 2013
Correct tallyho.
*but you better check open carry...side holster*
carrying large somes of money or surveillance

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#4125 Mar 1, 2013
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>you do see these powerful three little words ..........

"Carry permits issued?"...... yes

so please , in some you can own/buy but still need a permit to carry
A permit is not gun registration Einstein. I have a carry permit and can carry a different gun every day of the month, none of which are registered.
Do liberals always have to change definitions to attempt making a point?
Registration and permits are two completely different things.
Any supposed former judge would know that.

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#4126 Mar 1, 2013
Hoosier Hillbilly wrote:
Correct tallyho.
*but you better check open carry...side holster*
carrying large somes of money or surveillance
it isn't an issue about open carry it is an issue of one way or another.... a handgun is register whether it be buy/own/carry open or conceal but it is registered

and I'm not sure how up to date that site is

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#4127 Mar 1, 2013
Dr-Sniper wrote:
<quoted text>
A permit is not gun registration Einstein. I have a carry permit and can carry a different gun every day of the month, none of which are registered.
Do liberals always have to change definitions to attempt making a point?
Registration and permits are two completely different things.
Any supposed former judge would know that.
you are full of crap ..what is your state...I will look in up at the law library tomorrow

“....VETS”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#4128 Mar 1, 2013
Hoosier Hillbilly wrote:
Correct tallyho.
*but you better check open carry...side holster*
carrying large somes of money or surveillance
ps: like a drivers license , not going to sit here and discuss who has what
passenger /limo/commercial/equipment etc etc etc

you can have a security license/Premises/transport etc etc ,

but every state a hand gun is recorded

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What Turns You Off (Jun '11) 3 min YUCK 7,027
Names, A to Z, ... (Aug '12) 3 min Jack 2,436
A six word game (Dec '08) 4 min ImFree2Choose 19,082
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) 5 min Enzo49 6,137
News 'Gay sex causes earthquakes' says conservative ... 5 min Spotted Girl 9
One Word (Jan '09) 11 min SUG here 15,719
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 14 min eleanorigby 56,095
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 16 min Jack 190,928
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 20 min honeymylove 32,160
More from around the web